More Yahtzee coming tomorrow?

Need a reason to be excited about Thursday? Check out Mark Stoops’ latest tweet.

Stoops may be referring to four-star Stanley “Boom” Williams, who is visting campus on Thursday. He’s the #1 all-purpose back in the nation, and has offers from LSU, Clemson, Georgia, South Carolina, West Virginia, and the rest of the big boys.

Come. on. down.

17 Comments for More Yahtzee coming tomorrow?

1. williamtitan
    9:02 pm June 12, 2013 Permalink

i have butterflies!!!! TEEHEE…

2. OneAndDone
    9:02 pm June 12, 2013 Permalink

I just Stooped my pants

3. dave
    9:05 pm June 12, 2013 Permalink

wtf is he telling these kids??? is stoops&staff really this good or everyone before really that bad??

4. williamtitan
    9:11 pm June 12, 2013 Permalink

^^^^^sounds like this guy is a louisville fan… ^^^^^^

5. Mike
    9:12 pm June 12, 2013 Permalink

No one thought even this could happen. These coaches are killing it…incredible!

6. Scooby
    9:18 pm June 12, 2013 Permalink

3) they are selling these

1) play in the SEC.
    2) play in the SEC right away (almost everyone entering the high profile teams redshirted)
    3) SEC=NFL
    4) Stoops defense = NFL
    5) offensive scheme
    6) proximity to home
    7) Start a tradition not just be a part of one…

7. INCatfan
    9:38 pm June 12, 2013 Permalink

This is getting ridiculous!!!! I’m loving every minute of it!! If these guys are half as good at coaching as they are at recruiting, then we might be surprising some people this year!! That doesn’t mean I’m not going to be patient if it doesn’t happen this year or next, but I really believe this staff is gonna get this done quicker than alot of people think. Did anyone expect they would be recruiting like this, this fast? GO CATS!!

8. Any
    9:59 pm June 12, 2013 Permalink

Boom would share starting time right away in the sec if he’s a cat. This offense could be really nasty

9. Han
    10:10 pm June 12, 2013 Permalink

3) We got one of the better defensive coaches in the country (with a famous football name), and one of the better offensive coaches in the country with a very popular system. Challenging guys to come get playing time instead of sitting behind returners at other schools can be huge when building a program.

8) Imagine him and Timmons in the Air Raid.

10. Tampa Satchel
    10:55 pm June 12, 2013 Permalink

I bet the other coaches recruiting against him feel Stoop-ed. But also gotta give a shout out to Vince “the bone” Marrow and the rest of the staff. They are killing it.

I’m in an office full of UF, FSU and a smattering of much of the rest of the SEC and some ACC guys, many of whom played football in college and I am, for the first time, able to talk a little smack. I actually got a “welcome to the big boy table” comment yesterday. The other school’s fans are taking notice.

11. Linda Taylor
    12:44 am June 13, 2013 Permalink

I love that not only are we getting excited about UK’s future in football but Stoops’ Troops’s recruiting success is starting to get under the skin of UL fans. This was retweeted on my timeline and I got a chuckle out of it. I copied it directly from Mark Ennis’s twitter account. He’s a UL fan/blogger.

Mark Ennis ‏@Mengus22 11 Jun
    Never playing Yahtzee again…

12. dshwildcats
    6:31 am June 13, 2013 Permalink

Linda,

I would agree with your assessment about the Cardinal fans. Most of them want to make sure that we know all about the great year they are having athletically. But, they’re definitely not too crazy about the fact that our staff is burning it up on the recruiting trail, including going head-to-head with Strong & his staff and beating Louisville out for several of these recruits.

When Strong first got the Louisville job and brought in Clint Hurtt, I got a text from one of my UofL buddies everytime Louisville would land a halfway decent recruit. So, I have returned the favor! He gets an update everytime we land a kid that many of the “big boys” (including the Cards, because most of their fans believe they are one of the “big boys”) wanted.

I’m loving it!!

13. Tim
    9:02 am June 13, 2013 Permalink

It’s funny u of l fans are running their mouth over uk going to drop when they are going to be out of the top 30 in several months. The only reason there hasn’t been a post about is because ksr don’t want to loose them comming on the site for money

14. Tim
    9:05 am June 13, 2013 Permalink

U of l fans should stay of this site.

15. Blue Mist
    9:50 am June 13, 2013 Permalink

Would feel better if the picture had the other 3 “yahtzee” dice …. looks like coach is shooting craps and rolling snake-eyes.

16. chad b
    12:23 pm June 13, 2013 Permalink

I’m pumped about the recruits but enough with the yahtzee stuff. Lets stop before it gets embarrassing.

17. Jeremy