More high praise for Drew Barker, this time from Trent Dilfer

The positive news continues to pour out about Drew Barker’s performance and the impression he’s leaving at the Elite 11 QB finals this weekend. Former NFL quarterback Trent Dilfer is the coach for the weekend, and spoke glowingly about Barker.

“I love Drew. Drew has been great. We played a great prank on him and his Dad when we invited them to the Elite 11. He freaked out. It was so much fun. He’s a great kid and so powerful. He’s really become quicker. He’s come so far from the first time I saw him. Now he’s getting a chance to prove it. He was a cruiser, now he’s bouncing around, he sees it.”

If you haven’t been able to tell from the many times Drew Barker has spoken to the media, including KSR, he’s as likable as a kid as you’ll probably ever find. Dilfer’s comments about Drew as a person and a player certainly pay testament to that as well.

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

10 Comments for More high praise for Drew Barker, this time from Trent Dilfer

1. TampaCat
    7:17 pm June 30, 2013 Permalink

Big Bucs fan here, trust me, Trent could never throw a pass more than ten yards worth catching. I’m not so sure he’s the guy I want around my schools future quarterback.

2. Great News
    7:20 pm June 30, 2013 Permalink

That is awesome, 2-10.

3. @1
    7:25 pm June 30, 2013 Permalink

@1, That’s what he is saying indirectly…Drew and others in the Elite 11 are much better than him…lol

4. grumpycat
    7:47 pm June 30, 2013 Permalink

@1. I value a Superbowl winning NFL QB’s opinion to yours any day.

5. TampaCat
    7:53 pm June 30, 2013 Permalink

4. Why so grumpy? You did not have to watch him on Sunday’s direct your favorite team. We won the Superbowl after he was gone, Baltimore won one in spite of him……. just ask Ray Lewis.

6. TampaDog
    8:10 pm June 30, 2013 Permalink

Um. I am pretty sure he won the superbowl. Was an AP All American, Won the award for the nations top passer in college, No we do not want this guy around our qb

7. TampaDog
    8:11 pm June 30, 2013 Permalink

Tampa won the superbowl because of Gruden. Brad Johnson was nt that much better than Dilfer

8. Union Farmer
    8:18 pm June 30, 2013 Permalink

Trent Dilfer is one of the smartest quarterbacks to play the position. He did a masterful job managing that Ravens team. He knew his role and played it great. Most people with his same skill set woukdnt have lasted that many years in the NFL.

9. Warren Sapp
    9:02 pm June 30, 2013 Permalink

bro couldn’t even get me my 17 points yall.

10. SoCal Will
    9:41 pm June 30, 2013 Permalink

Trent Dilfer has incredible charisma in person. He is so honest, blunt, and cares so much about the kids he has off the charts credibility with them. At Saturday night’s “Golden Gun” workouts he was extracting more effort out of some of these elite kids than they might have ever expended.