The KSTV Casting Call Favorites Continue

As we build towards the final KSTV Casting Call this Saturday, here are two of the better finalists from Lexington. One is a former UK football player (at least for a couple of minutes) and another is a young woman with a chance to win. Check them out and remember that the final audition is SATURDAY at SAM SWOPE HONDA in LOUISVILLE from 10 am to noon. Let us know what you think of the current finalists:

Article written by Thomas Beisner

29 Comments for The KSTV Casting Call Favorites Continue

1. SexnNursinHomes
    6:20 pm May 31, 2011 Permalink

I like the Washington feller.

and Mape’s parents, Martin Short and Sharon Stone?

2. Terrelle's Cadillac
    6:40 pm May 31, 2011 Permalink

Don’t yall be hatin a playa.

3. Will
    8:17 pm May 31, 2011 Permalink

People are not joking at all when they say that the camera puts some pounds on you. People believe me when I say I’m not that big… LOL

4. CatsCatsCats
    10:26 pm May 31, 2011 Permalink

Hire the girl on the condition that she wears a short skirt like that ALL the time please!! I saw u lookin Matt!

5. Football Man
    10:27 pm May 31, 2011 Permalink

Good job both of you! Good luck! Go Cats!

6. CatsCatsCats
    10:27 pm May 31, 2011 Permalink

Will was good. Looked comfortable

7. Chris in LA
    10:30 pm May 31, 2011 Permalink

Going to have to go with Will on that one, although I trust Matt when he says she was killing it outside the room. Maybe once the pressure of landing the job is off, she’ll give it back to him on the show. She did stick to her guns on the Rupp issue.

8. tyson
    10:32 pm May 31, 2011 Permalink

am i crazy by thinking the producer guy on the panel should be in front of the camera instead of behind it? he seems to have a good chemistry with matt, kinda the simon/paula thing going on (with matt being paula of course)

9. Catmanblue
    10:56 pm May 31, 2011 Permalink

Krebs said ” more smarter”. WTH Jones! Learn that boy some English!! Haha!!

10. T
    10:57 pm May 31, 2011 Permalink

Daniels is Texas bound now that PT is available next year. Kansas is a possibility too, just not sure if he likes the regression of Selby and Henry. Recruits notice that the last 2 stars at KU struggled in a post oriented offense during their 1st year.

11. wildthang
    11:16 pm May 31, 2011 Permalink

Will has poor grammar….sorry, that’s one of the last things we people in the Commonwealth need representing us.

12. wildthang
    11:23 pm May 31, 2011 Permalink

Grammar is going to kill this TV show if you can’t find someone who can do it…..Even Mark Krebs said “more smarter”….WHAT is wrong with grammar in today’s college students?

13. Matt Jones
    11:31 pm May 31, 2011 Permalink

#12…when I look for grammar help, I look for an internet poster named “wildthang”.

People make mistakes…it happens

14. UK Wildcat
    11:57 pm May 31, 2011 Permalink

I went to high school with Caroline. We graduated the same year (last year) from Lafayette. We were only acquaintances, but she definitely loves UK.

15. uk66666
    12:18 am June 1, 2011 Permalink

yea

16. The Crow
    1:04 am June 1, 2011 Permalink

To be honest, I was disappointed in both of these candidates for the position. I thought Will could certainly grow into in like Matt said, but Caroline is a pretty face. Matt must have seen something different from her in the hallway or maybe that is innuendo of some kind. I don’t know if it is open auditions or what, but I might head up to Louisville to give it a shot.

17. UK Wildcat
    3:46 am June 1, 2011 Permalink

Also, I’d just like to reiterate my opinion that Michael Gilchrist will most definitely be a starter next season over Darius Miller. Darius has not “earned his spot” as many believe. Fact is, against WVU, OSU, UNC, and UCONN he averaged 6.3 points and 3 rebounds on less than 30% shooting. Everyone (including myself) loves to remember the Darius Miller we saw late in the SEC season and Tournament, but in reality the last game we saw from Darius was him shooting 1-7 against UCONN and only putting up 4 points (his second lowest total of the season). What exactly does Darius Miller bring to the court that Michael Gilchrist does not? Experience and shooting are the only two areas I see Darius Miller having the advantage in. We’ve seen exactly how much experience matters these past two seasons, and I don’t see our team next year struggling to shoot the ball. Michael Gilchrist was, without a doubt, the best defensive player in high school basketball last season, and this is extra important because we just lost our lock-down defender in DeAndre Liggins. He’s also a projected top 5-10 pick, and has all the intangibles of a potential all-time great, even if he does end up only staying one season. Darius Miller did not come to Kentucky to simply be a starter. Darius Miller came to Kentucky to play for the team he loves and to help win our 8th championship. This is his last chance to win a national title, and he knows it. Does anyone really think he will be upset if he is asked to come off the bench, if it is in the best interest of the entire team to have the 5 best players on the court to start the game?

Its even plausible to believe that Darius Miller would thrive in the sixth man role more than he would as a starter. It could potentially alleviate some of the pressure on his shoulders, and allow him to focus more on the game at hand.

18. Down the street from Rupp
    4:21 am June 1, 2011 Permalink

Seriously, knowing that those two made it and are two of the better ones! You better believe I’m going to the next one. I won’t be drinking Friday night, Matt, and I’ll see you in Louisville.

19. HR
    8:34 am June 1, 2011 Permalink

got a question matt. Do you have to be there right at 10 or anytime between then? I have to work till noon and was gonna come up after so im just checking. And is it till noon or 4 cause im pretty sure it was 4 on a previous post. Just Checking on that as well.

20. Stu's Bangkok Special
    9:33 am June 1, 2011 Permalink

The girls has nice legs and nothing else…

21. Drew the Intern
    9:56 am June 1, 2011 Permalink

#19 you must be there by noon…you dont have to be there at 10 am

22. Will
    11:42 am June 1, 2011 Permalink

#16 its easier when you are just sitting around talking about sports than it is when you are in front of the camera for the 1st time in your life talking about sports. Only time and reps in front of the camera will get you more comfortable to do it.

23. T
    12:35 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

Onions

24. T
    12:36 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

Onion

25. Tville Catfan
    12:42 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

Good job Will! You may not want to claim it but I know of another place you played a little college ball…

26. UKGirl
    1:22 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

The guy was better. Again, I realize you guys want to hire a girl but please hire one that has good overall sports knowledge.

27. Matt's Blue Oxford
    2:55 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

What about the guys who is supposed to sue his professor from NKU? Or the nerd from the Ag Dept? Or Fake Mike Decourcey?

28. UK Wildcat
    4:44 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

29. mike
    10:30 pm June 1, 2011 Permalink

That Mapes guy is such a tool. Some of the people he says no to in the tryouts are very good, and he takes pointless shots at them. And he comes off as a very smug and condescending jerk.