More from Anthony Davis on ESPN

After a 10-minute segment during the 10:00 am SportsCenter, Anthony Davis did an interview with Stephan A. Smith and Skip Bayless for ESPN First Take. The two hosts of the former Cold Pizza show kicked things off by asking Davis about his experience, so he elaborated on what he said on SportsCenter about learning how to dress. He said LeBron James, Kobe Bryant and Carmelo Anthony got on to him as soon as he met up with the team to go to dinner.

They had to give me a little lesson,” Davis told First Take. “When we go out to dinner at Kentucky, we wear shorts and a t-shirt, ya know, so I did the same thing and wore some basketball shorts and a t-shirt. It was a disaster.”

“I went downstairs and everybody was dressed up, so I felt like, ‘Aw man, I’m out of place.’ I didn’t have time to go change so it was just a disasterand I sat at the end of the table.”

When asked which of his Team USA teammates had a personality similar to his, Davis said LeBron James’ personality most mirrored his own.

“I think he was the leader of that team, he’s just out there,” Davis said of LeBron. “He’s always making guys laugh and that’s what I try to do, even (in New Orleans), when we’re all together, I try to make guys laugh. LeBron did the same thing on that team.”

“I think I connected with LeBron more than any player on the team,” he added. “I hung out with Kobe more than anybody on the team. I think me and Kobe are two totally different people, which is weird, because I hung out with him so much.”

“I learned from all those guys, just from being around them for that two month period.”

Article written by Drew Franklin

11 Comments for More from Anthony Davis on ESPN

1. Travis
    12:27 pm August 21, 2012 Permalink

I hope AD didn’t take any advice about his personal life from Kobe..

2. deputy323
    12:28 pm August 21, 2012 Permalink

1st!!! can we move on from anthony davis- yes he did great things for us and his country but this site has become A.D all the time. Every other story on here is about A.D- Please for the love of GOD, find some other stories to write about

3. UK Homer
    12:50 pm August 21, 2012 Permalink

2 – are you serious or just the NJT of KSR? Kentucky Sports Radio. Let’s not talk about the greatest player to play a Kentucky Sport in recent memory? You tired of #8 too? I don’t care if they talk about John Wall or Rajon Rondo all the time…KSR is a perk of being a Cat. Maybe the Harrison twins wouldn’t mind a similar treatment down the road? KSR and Anthony Davis bode well for Kentucky.

4. UK Snuggie
    12:51 pm August 21, 2012 Permalink

#2 Why? He is a proud supporter of UK and played his butt off to help get a championship. He didn’t have to do that. He was going #1 in the draft either way and could have not tried as hard to make sure he wasn’t injured, but he went out and gave his all for UK. We should t he very least allow KSR to post whatever they want about him, at the very least.

5. Bad Day
    12:55 pm August 21, 2012 Permalink

#2-Just noy your day. You weren’t even first and then you get hammered by other posters. Take a break man and relax.

6. Beatle Bum
    1:00 pm August 21, 2012 Permalink

I have not been a Kobe fan over the years, but I respect the way he treated Davis. He seemed to really take him under his wing to teach and to prepare for the NBA. I think that is smart for the league, but also seemed sincere. I think Kobe relates to a very young man who has high expectations and the talent level to justify those expectations. My opinion of him was moderated by his behavior this summer and his willingness not the be THE MAN on the Olympic team.

7. Anthony Davis
    1:05 pm August 21, 2012 Permalink

2 – Shut up

8. Linda Taylor
    1:10 pm August 21, 2012 Permalink

deputy 323-My suggestion for you would be to bypass the AD articles if you are so tired of them already. But don’t begrudge the rest of us our enjoyment of those articles. KSR keep the AD coverage coming.

9. UKBlue1!
    2:47 pm August 21, 2012 Permalink

#2. You must be a tardinal.

10. Mr. Blonde
    2:52 pm August 21, 2012 Permalink

deputy323- I could not agree with you more. I mean it’s not like he helped lead UK to their first NCAA Championship in 14 years or was the SEC Player of the Year, SEC Rookie of the Year, SEC Defensive Player of the Year, First Team All-SEC, First Team All-American, NABC Defensive Player of the Year, Naismith Trophy, Wooden Award, Adolph Rupp Trophy, AP Player of the Year, Oscar Robertson Trophy, Sporting News Player of the Year, National Freshman of the Year, NABC Player of the Year, Pete Newell Big Man Award, NCAA MOP, NCAA Champion, #1 Draft Pick, or an Olympic gold medalist or anything…

11. CPACAT