More Football News: Commonwealth Stadium Bill Has Been Filed

state capitol

There is almost too much good football news to handle right now. First the Timmons commitment, then the possible Hatcher commitment and now word that the legislative process for the UK Football Renovation bill has begun. I won’t bore you with the details (we all remember Conjunction Junction teaching us about being a bill), but for now, here is what you need to know. Tomorrow, the bill goes before the House Appropriations Committee in Frankfort. What you need to do on National Signing Day, is contact your legislator and let him/her know that you are for it. You can get more information about the bill and what can be done here.

All you have to do tomorrow is call the Legislative Hotline at 1-800-372-7181 and ask the person on the line to tell you who your state Representative is. They will hook you to their office and you can then tell the Representative, “Hi my name is (insert your name here or claim to be Ryan Lemond) and I am calling to ask you to support House Bill 7 to help construct three projects, including the football stadium renovation, on UK’s campus.” It is just that easy.

So get your phones ready…tomorrow is the day of action and National Signing Day. Football in February! Who would have imagined it?

Article written by Matt Jones

18 Comments for More Football News: Commonwealth Stadium Bill Has Been Filed

1. BGCat
    6:31 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

Just saw this article about the project to revitalize Town Branch creek that runs through Lexington. It has some interesting pictures. Just thought I’d pass it along. 🙂

2. TouchdownTommy
    6:43 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

Damn basketball. What time is kickoff?

3. Bill Hilly
    6:56 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

Hi, I’d like to speak with Hal Rogers. I’m a hillbilly from Eastern Kentucky. I don’t pay taxes, but I sure do collect the welfare. I’d like you to support House Bill 7, as long as it doesn’t affect my monthly draw.

4. fur eel
    6:57 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

It’s sad that people have to call a toll-free line to ask who their state representative is. I hope house bill 7 passes.

5. Miles
    6:57 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

I already called today. You had to tell them HB 7 because it wasnt in the computers yet

6. fur eel
    7:01 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

3-Hey hillbilly, the federal House of Representatives in Washington DC that Rogers is member of is different than the state House of Representatives in Frankfort. They are different. I’m totally cereal.

7. it's on
    7:20 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

For those in house district 21, which is rural Warren county and part of Butler, I talked to Rep. Jim DeCesare and he’s on board and will sponsor the bill.

8. Ryan
    7:47 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

Block it. We just had to cut child care assistance across the state, sending kids out of daycares and after school programs and back out on the street…but lets build a new stadium! What a joke our commonwealth is.

9. JT
    7:57 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

I’m pretty sure the program was “School House Rock,” not “Conjunction Junction.”

10. ukjonny9
    7:57 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

8-ummm, UK will be paying for the renovations, as well as paying for improvements with the university. Pretty sure it won’t affect anything else. Just gives the university permission to use their own money.

11. Kyselect20
    8:25 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

According to ESPN Jason Hatcher committe to UK today. When I checked around 3:00 it said we had 21 ommits and it didn’t include Hatcher but when I checked again around 5:00 it said we had 22 commits and it has Jason Hatcher committing today. Any news about this?

12. eric
    9:45 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

10-ummm, UK is a state funded university. Ummm the reason they need a bill is because much of their money comes from Kentucky tax dollars. No wonder why the country is in such debt with dumbasses like you voting!

13. Catlogic15
    10:07 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

No #12. It is a loan and a loan only. Just like you getting a loan for your mortgage, if you have one or could ever afford one. Probably not with your uninformed post.

14. Preacher Roe
    10:45 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

To #12 …it is better to remain silent and let people think you are stupid than it is to write what you did and remove all doubt.

15. UKBlue1!
    11:21 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

#8 Do our nation and the commonwealth a favor. Please don’t procreate. Thanks!

16. UK Gal
    12:31 am February 6, 2013 Permalink

I love the Cats!!! But come on people, UK is a state funded school, which last time I checked was funded by my tax dollars!!!! If UK has their own money to spend on this project, there would be NO reason why a bill would be needed to go through state congress. And yes they may loans but the $$$$ have to come from somewhere before the university is able to pay it back.

17. eric
    1:41 am February 6, 2013 Permalink

13- my mortgage was just paid off. I’m thinking that’s not your case.14- you’re listening to the wrong sermon

18. bluebiscuit
    11:49 am February 6, 2013 Permalink

Go to that link to find out your representative.