Montrezl Harrell to Visit Louisville First (Cardinal 4ever?)

According to InsideTheVille.com (If people stopped saying “The Ville” altogether, I wouldn’t be upset), Montrezl Harrell will take his first official visit to Louisville. Apparently Harrell’s father, Sam, also told the site that the Cardinals are the “frontrunner” for his sons services. Considering Harrell’s high school coach is now on staff at Louisville, it’s not terribly surprising that the Cardinals might be the early favorite. Louisville will likely try to build on their early edge after getting the first visit, though I’m not sure he’ll have time to do much else on his visit other than meet all 19 of his potential teammates.

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

31 Comments for Montrezl Harrell to Visit Louisville First (Cardinal 4ever?)

1. Hawk
    9:55 pm May 18, 2012 Permalink

Where will this scholarship come from? Must mean Rozier is IE.

2. Hawk
    9:55 pm May 18, 2012 Permalink

I’ll take #2 also.

3. Duke sucks
    9:57 pm May 18, 2012 Permalink

I thought the last visit was the most important. Not the first.

4. RichieFarmer'sMustache
    10:02 pm May 18, 2012 Permalink

This is going to be my rant for the night and then I’m going to bed, but in the year 2012-2013, if you have the opportunity to play college basketball for The University of Louisville or The University of Kentucky, then it’s a no brainer. An absolute afterthought. I’m not one of these idiots that will Facebook, or Twitter (I’m not even on Twitter) recruits after they decide that UK is not for them, but I can’t fathom why. I wish them nothing but the best. O matter where they decide to attend, but if UK comes knocking, answer, or you’ll regret it for the rest of your life.

5. RichieFarmer'sMustache
    10:03 pm May 18, 2012 Permalink

^No^

6. jpgott2
    10:06 pm May 18, 2012 Permalink

This not some big deal. His freakin coach is on staff there! I want to know where the scholarship will come from since Pitino has a small army on his roster. Love how UK gets criticized for sending players to the NBA early, but Ul just lets go of their experienced players who have put so much into the program, so they can make room. Hmmmmm, sending a player to make millions, or to let a guy go to finish his career somewhere else. That sound moral, and the right thing to do! LOYALTY all the way! Right?

7. ltylerj
    10:10 pm May 18, 2012 Permalink

“Considering Harrell’s high school coach is now on staff at Louisville”

All I could think about when I read this sentence was the PG that just last year took us to the National Title. I laugh, and will laugh again, when we take this recruit from Louisville.

8. twnky
    10:11 pm May 18, 2012 Permalink

This kid will be around for awhile and eating up a scholarship for at least 3 years. If we pass on him that means one more top ten player for 2013. Imop pass Alex is a better player anyway with a chance to go pro sooner. Best of luck either way kid.

9. twnky
    10:11 pm May 18, 2012 Permalink

*imo

10. PitinoWontPlayHim
    10:40 pm May 18, 2012 Permalink

If he is looking for ANY minutes at all UL would be a bad choice. Rick doesn’t play his freshman as much as he should and he is stuck behind Chane,Blackshear etc. Now if he wants to get time the year after it may be a good fit but in year one he will ride a lot of pine. And you better believe he will get the full table press from Rickie because Rickie wants a title so bad he can feel it risin in his silky leatherish boxers.

11. RunoffSwopshire
    10:42 pm May 18, 2012 Permalink

No matter where Pitino gets the schollie he runs off a guy at the same position in Swopshire only to add one later. Probably nothing will be said by the media on that one.

12. jpgott2
    10:42 pm May 18, 2012 Permalink

8. We will have plenty of scholarships next year. We still have plenty of room with Harrel, since Mays is only going to be here 1 year and Noel, etc will be gone. His size will make him a beast in his sophomore year, and many of our targets in the 2013 class are guards and SF’s.

13. Duuuuuude
    10:43 pm May 18, 2012 Permalink

Does he smile?

14. BURRRR
    10:45 pm May 18, 2012 Permalink

I aint worried about some Mezl fella i will be too busy yellin BURRRRRRRR all year.

15. Eloy's Neard
    10:51 pm May 18, 2012 Permalink

Kevin Keats is the former coach at Hargrave, where Harrell plays, but Harrell transferred to Hargrave after Keats had already left for Louisville. The dirty birds may be the frontrunners, but the Keats connection probably won’t be a factor.

16. bluefan
    10:53 pm May 18, 2012 Permalink

Agree with #14. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

17. jacob
    10:54 pm May 18, 2012 Permalink

(-_-)

18. Joe Walsh
    10:57 pm May 18, 2012 Permalink

I like big tits…that’s right!

19. Cking9698
    11:56 pm May 18, 2012 Permalink

I would like to get Harrell, but let’s get real.

If we get him, we wil most LIKELY HAVE THREE POWER FORWARDS GOING INTO 2013.

I don’t see kwilt, as much as I love him, going pro after this season. Are you guys really willing to add an undersized four year player, instead of focusing on Randle?

I believe that Harrell is also married, so I am sure his wife will want him to stay close to Carolina.
    That’s a huge factor that can’t be overlooked.

Bennett was the plan, it didn’t work out, Bennett wasn’t upfront about his grades, and burned Cal.
    Lesson learned. Perry Ellis was Cals first choice at PF and he went to Kansas. You win some you lose some.

The way it stands now, we will have a great team this year. Could we win it? Maybe but i will say this: Make no mistake that from this point forward, 2013 and 14 are the targets. We will not have a better chance at repeating than that.

20. insider
    11:57 pm May 18, 2012 Permalink

he will visit the tards for three days at the end of the month. this will be his only visit.

21. BossHog
    5:26 am May 19, 2012 Permalink

Give me a break…..and to think that some people actually complain about UK getting anybody we want. It is obvious these kids have the freedom to make dumb choices, and they’re doing it with increasing regularity.

22. WTF?
    6:22 am May 19, 2012 Permalink

So as soon as he was available he was following Pitino on 3 different twitters, his serious girlfriend (educated!!! wifey) does not want to stay in North Carolina for grad school, did I mention he seems very into her, serious and values her opinion, wow that is respectable…. At least he will understand when u……and support your decision to Karen out your dreams!!!!!!

23. WTF?
    6:26 am May 19, 2012 Permalink

Sorry, that was so bad, I apologize but it was so “hard” for me to “deSYPHER” what i was thinking on that last post !!!!

24. Hulk Hogan
    7:14 am May 19, 2012 Permalink

Brother!!!! W.B.A 4 Life!

25. Jim
    7:29 am May 19, 2012 Permalink

Cal hasn’t called yet. If Cal wants him, he will get involved in the recruiting. UK has a spot for him, others do not. But we should only take players that want to be here. Every kid out there wants an offer from UK, but obviuosly we can’t do that. But we are in a position where we can look at every player and then make a decision. For example, the kid from Croatia. We had him in for a shootaround, but determined he wasn’t a good fit. Harrell may not be either, but we at least need to take a close look at him.

26. barn
    7:35 am May 19, 2012 Permalink

7—i was thinking the same thing. yukyuk

27. Jim
    8:44 am May 19, 2012 Permalink

Over at the Tards site, they are talking about running off Rakeem Buckles to try to get Harrell. Wow, Pitino would be just like Tom Crean. Run players off that have stuck with the program (and the same head coach). Who want to play for a 59 year coach who said he is leaving in a couple of years, who is an adulterer, liar, etc? Nice role model for the players.

28. 1fan
    8:45 am May 19, 2012 Permalink

This is off subject buy does anyone know the name of the music video where they were walking around campus? I cannot find it on YouTube.

29. ukfan
    9:56 am May 19, 2012 Permalink

matt jones tried to seduce my cousin gary…
    I didn’t know he was homosexual?

30. mike
    8:49 pm May 19, 2012 Permalink

The Ville what is wrong with that…what is this Cal you all talk about?

31. Ukfanskillme
    12:38 pm May 21, 2012 Permalink

Shane was also pose to be y’all recuit too. face it y’all been turned down hard this recuiting season L1C4 ….Bet we get him soon he see the Yum center our campus he’s ours lol