Monticello gives KSR the Key to the City

Monticello Mayor Jeffrey Edwards presented the KSR gang with the Key to the City this morning during the radio broadcast from Conley Bottom Resort.

That’s going to be tough to beat when we recap our favorite stops on the tour.

Article written by Drew Franklin

6 Comments for Monticello gives KSR the Key to the City

1. mac-fu
    1:31 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Sad thing is, that key goes to absolutely nothing since there isn’t anything in Monticello!

2. Bluegrass
    1:49 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

What does it open?

3. Cumberland
    2:23 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

You obviously have not been to Monticello and Lake Cumberland. A beautiful town and a great lake!! I think it’s awesome that the KSR group got a key to the city! Keep up the great work guys!

4. Faubush
    2:35 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

It was a sincere jesture by the young Judge Executive. I was there it was unexpected by all of us.

5. Premier
    3:37 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

I was there also and Monticello loves them some KSR!

6. Charlotte Upton Miller
    4:59 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Conley Bottom (Monticello) is one of the most special spots on earth! I was born in Monticello and my mother lived at Conley Bottom until she was 12. I have a photo of Grandma Stephens’ house (that is now under Lake Cumberland), and each year I camp there so I can see the sunsets that they enjoyed 100 years ago! In fact, Monticello (in Wayne County) is so special to me that I named my son, Monte Wayne in 1967! If you haven’t been there, you haven’t lived! My ‘bucket list’ includes a cruise down the Cumberland on one of the houseboats for rent there enjoying their yummy cherry shakes!