I don’t know about you, but my head is still humming from Saturday’s 73-72 win over North Carolina in Rupp Arena. Rarely does a game with as much hype as UK/UNC live up to the billing, but this one sure did. The crowd was outstanding, the players were talented and the game was great. Considering the enormity of the game, it’s no wonder that there was a plethora (word of the day calender coming in handy) of coverage available on the Internet. For your Monday morning enjoyment, here are the sights, sounds and opinions from Saturday’s UNC/UK game:
– From ESPN.com, here’s Jason King’s take on a great regular season game.
– Seth Davis of SI.com describes the March “feel” of Saturday’s game.
– Here’s CBSSports.com’s Jeff Goodman on why he can’t wait for a UNC/UK rematch.
– Some chump named Pat Forde describes how UK’s freshman grew up before our eyes against UNC.
– Lexington Herald-Leader’s Mark Story looks at Anthony Davis’s impact in his first 8 games as a Wildcat.
– Courier-Journal columnist Eric Crawford looks ahead to a March/April rematch between UK/UNC.
– A review of the game from TarHeelFanBlog.com. Read the comments section, quite amusing
– Pictures of UNC/UK game courtesy of Kentucky.com
– Some great pictures from Newsobserver.com
– Some clips from the action between UK/UNC. Special thanks to KentuckyBasketballUK.
Don’t forget, Kentucky Sports Radio starts in an hour and Matt & the Gang will breakdown the weekend’s action. It’s gonna be good, well, at least, better than anything else you’re doing from 10-Noon. Give a listen.