Chism: “Oh my God, that’s John Wall. Should I get his autograph?”
You want the afternoon notes? I’ll give you the afternoon notes…
– It’s a Monday afternoon so it’s time for the AP poll to update his status. This week, Kentucky moved up to the #2 spot in the AP poll while receiving three first place votes. Syrcause dropped from second to fifth after their humiliating home loss to the Filthy Cards yesterday. Kansas sits at the top spot for the fourth consecutive week.
– As Beisner noted earlier, the Cats claimed their 383rd diaper dandy award today as John Wall was named SEC Freshman of the Week. Wall averaged 23 points, 7.5 rebounds and 2.5 assists in wins over Alabama and Tennessee. You could make the argument for Wall as the SEC Player of the Week over Vandy’s Jeffery Taylor but here at KSR we don’t like arguments. Or spiders.
– John Wall also made ESPN.com’s “Rest of the Rotation”, which apparently is a list reserved for those that just missed out on National Player of the Week and not a group of white kids at the end of the bench.
– Mississippi State fans have been calling Demarcus Cousins’ phone and talking trash. The phone number leaked out on message boards and Twitter. According to Boogie’s Facebook status, he has been called “34 n-bombs and 106 bwords.” I can’t say that I blame State fans for calling Boogie. Have you ever been to Starkville? It’s miserable. Calling up opposing players is the only fun outside of trying to win the stuffed bulldog at the “Guess Her Weight” tent on sorority row.
– Yesterday, I linked to Gary Parrish’s piece on Calipari and the Nets job just to get you all fired up. Apparently, it worked. I was hoping to generate a nice Sunday evening discussion in the KSR comments section but it looks like that discussion made it’s way to Gary Parrish’s e-mail inbox.
– And for you shoe lovers out there, here is Kentucky’s sneaker flavor of the week: