MKG won’t play, will be Drake’s assitant coach

The UK Football team had a special guest at today’s practice: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. MKG stopped by to lend his support, and told reporters that he won’t be playing in Saturday’s Alumni Game, due to Charlotte’s concerns about possible injuries. However, he’s got a pretty cool role: Drake’s assistant coach.

Odds he’ll draw up a play for DeMarcus Cousins to dunk on Anthony Davis? Easy money.

UPDATE: Not so fast…MKG just tweeted this:

8 Comments for MKG won’t play, will be Drake’s assitant coach

1. Cousins Fake Tooth
    11:59 am September 13, 2012 Permalink

Lame

2. Pu
    12:13 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

It sucks, but I (kinda)understand. I would totally understand if they were going to be skydiving or cage fighting or trying to do backflips on a motorbike. He IS, however, a basketball player, albeit one that doesn’t know how to go less than 150% on every play. I’d hate to see any of these guys get seriously injured playing in a fun game for the fans, but I love the fact that they all want to give back to the fans that think the world of them. And I really liked the pic yesterday of MKG and Turner. Two of my all time faves. Turner does look like Bomani Jones in that pic, though…

3. Anonymous
    12:26 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

Ive also heard John wall will not play. Which I think is bs because when the nba lockout was in effect they had no problem going to these high schools and messing around and wasn’t worried about injuries.

4. Cousins Fake Tooth
    12:37 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

Yeah one of the last games they came they advertised Wall and a few others playing. They didn’t. Took my son to see specifically him since he was a big fan. Kinda pissed me off, dont advertise someone is going to be there and play and they dont even suit up.

5. I Say
    12:46 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

#3 #4 What would you do if your body was worth a couple million dollars??? shhhhhhh

6. St. Paul Raiders
    1:12 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

If I was Cal I’d quit doing these events…for the public anyway. Too many people bitch, moan, and act like these former players owe you something. This isn’t the Final Four or NBA Finals. It’s a reunion with intent to raise money for charity and maintain relationships within the program. Complaining that guys aren’t participating the level YOU expect is asinine.

7. STEVE!
    1:42 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

The tickets might sell better if we knew who was going to actually show up. I agree with #4. I paid to see the UK Heroes against the Villains, and there weren’t many Heroes there. Wall and Prince both sat out, and Knight twisted an ankle early and didn’t play. Just don’t claim there are over 20 players in the NBA, and then only have 8-10 show up.

8. twitterfeed
    2:38 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

From MKG’s twitter account: “Not sure what everybody is talking about, but I’m letting the BBN know I’m playing at Rupp on Saturday”