MKG partners with Papa John’s Pizza to raise money for charity

Do you live in North or South Carolina? If so, do you enjoy Papa John’s Pizza? Lastly, do you love Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and helping children in need? (Trick question.) Then we have great news for you. MKG is partnering with Papa John’s to raise money for A Child’s Place, a Charlotte-area program that has been working to erase the impact of homelessness on children and their education for the last 24 years. Hungry yet? Here’s how to participate:

One week per month from February to May, Papa John’s will offer the “MKG Special,” two medium pizzas with up to 2 toppings each for $14 when you order online using the promotion code MKG. Papa John’s will donate $2 of each order to A Childs Place. The first week this promotion will be valid is February 25-March 3.

“As a professional athlete, I understand the importance of team work,” said Kidd-Gilchrist. “That’s why I’m teaming up with your ‘Better Pizza’ company, Papa John’s. Together we’re helping to improve the lives of homeless children. A percentage of your order will go to A Child’s Place, a non-profit organization dedicated to reducing the effects of child homelessness. So please join our team and let’s make a difference together!”

19 Comments for MKG partners with Papa John’s Pizza to raise money for charity

1. Eddie S
    3:12 pm February 26, 2013 Permalink

Thanks, I live in NC and will definately order from them on the MKG special week. Good Heads up!!

2. Ridge Runner
    3:19 pm February 26, 2013 Permalink

I was just at the Bulls/Bobcats game Fri nite in Charlotte. The people there love MKG and of course I understand why.

3. Cat Fan in Georgia
    3:34 pm February 26, 2013 Permalink

MKG is one of my favorite players (he’s my favorite one-year player, but I’m old enough to have listened to Cotton Nash on the radio and watched Dan Issel in person, and no one-year guy will ever replace those two in my personal rankings), but I won’t buy the Papa’s pies, no matter who is involved in the promotion. For non-pizza-related reasons, let’s leave it at that.

4. Common Sense
    3:40 pm February 26, 2013 Permalink

Why can’t he pair with any other pizza place besides Papa John’s…..dang it

5. HeshimuEvans'2ndGradeTeacher
    3:50 pm February 26, 2013 Permalink

$14 for a 2 topping medium Papa John’s pizza!? No thanks. My charity (a.k.a. my wallet) doesn’t agree with that.

6. DerbyDemon
    3:58 pm February 26, 2013 Permalink

It’s apparent MKG lacks knowledge about “Pappa John’s” and what he REFUSES to do for his own employees: provide them with health insurance. Instead, he would rather grandstand again and make everyone believe how generous he is. His company stopped getting my business a long time ago.

7. TheLaw
    4:11 pm February 26, 2013 Permalink

5 – Two medium 2-toppings

8. shields eyes
    4:28 pm February 26, 2013 Permalink

6 If his employees want health insurance from their employer maybe they should be pick an employer who provides health insurance. Just like you pick where you buy your pizza.

9. Alamo_CatFan
    4:43 pm February 26, 2013 Permalink

Ah the elegance of non-government charity. If you want to support homeless children (and who doesn’t) you throw your dough at this (see what I did there). So much better than allowing your friendly neighborhood politician to define needy and then dole out your money as they see fit. Oh well, please raise my taxes – we have a deficit to cover.

10. the Big Dog
    5:00 pm February 26, 2013 Permalink

Damn, the price of his crappy pizza will go up another $.05 to cover the cost of this charity event.

11. Richard P
    5:08 pm February 26, 2013 Permalink

Well atleast we know were Cal gets his money to pay his players now 😀

12. Wildcatsteeler
    5:53 pm February 26, 2013 Permalink

Coming from the guy that has to be forced to provide health care for his employees. A whopping 3 to 5 cents per pizza would cover it. His own words. And this after throwing a fund raiser for Robotney at his mansion with a private golf course. I used to be a major customer there. Not anymore.

13. Opens Eyes
    6:29 pm February 26, 2013 Permalink

Shields Eyes, with that attitude no one would be left to make and deliver that pizza to your lazy butt.

14. GYERPS21S
    7:23 pm February 26, 2013 Permalink

Do people who work at a Pizza place deserve health insurance? Hey how about working hard, getting a education and not working for minimum wage then maybe you can get a job that gives health insurance!

15. jaxcats8503
    7:48 pm February 26, 2013 Permalink

Could Papa Johns not find a more recent pic of MKG? That one is from HS. Seriously. Google images folks!!

16. Stones
    10:30 pm February 26, 2013 Permalink

#14. You sure are painting minimum wage workers with a broad brush, better hope you’re never stuck in a bad situation. And college students work these jobs too, but i guess they arent worth insurance either. Schmuck.

17. shields eyes
    11:04 pm February 26, 2013 Permalink

Sorry 13, if you like delivering my pizza from Papa Johns that much I guess you are going to have to deal with not having insurance.

18. Open Eyes
    11:30 pm February 26, 2013 Permalink

You keep gobbling up that special sauce big boy and i’ll keep servin em up.

19. Phil Dees Nuts
    8:48 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

#12) You are an idiot….do your research and quit believeing everything you read, Papa John’s provides health insurance to their full time employees and has for quite some time. The issue is that Obamacare requires heath insurance for part-time (30 hours per week) and hardly any company currently provides that to its employees. Last time I checked, the goal of a business was to make a profit.