MKG, Jones, Davis to Declare For Draft Soon Says Chad Ford

As expected, rumors are starting to leak out about the upcoming NBA draft decisions for your 2012 NCAA champion Wildcats.  The first reliable report is leaking out from ESPN’s draft expert.  Chad Ford’s latest blog post claims that Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Anthony Davis, and Terrence Jones will declare for the NBA draft soon (insider link).  No surprise here.

While at one point MKG may have been leaning towards staying, his projection as a top-5 (and maybe no.2 overall) pick is making it nearly impossible for him to turn down the NBA at this point.  And if you ask me, he plays so hard and bangs nonstop that I’d be deathly afraid of an injury in college if I were him.  For Davis, it’s been a given.  You do not turn down the NBA if you are the number one overall prospect.  And I think Terrence Jones proved his lottery status with the NCAA run and justified his return to school this past season.

Obviously, nothing is official yet.  But we should all be prepared to say farewell to these great players.

Article written by Chris Thomas

43 Comments for MKG, Jones, Davis to Declare For Draft Soon Says Chad Ford

1. Cullum
    1:10 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

Good Luck to those guys. Its been a privelage to watch you boys play and I thank you for the great memories

2. Wartface
    1:13 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

gay. Good luck fellas. Thanks for the memories.

3. Floyd The Barber
    1:14 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

In other news………Kentucky wins 8th National Championship.

4. JaredCarterIsMyHomeboy
    1:15 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

I’d love to see MKG go #2 overall. Man, we should never miss on a recruit from here on out.

5. Coop
    1:15 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

So, do we take this as a hint of Teague and Lamb returning or not assume anything based off of the (supposed)decision of these three?

6. Collin
    1:16 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

What about Teague and Lamb? That would be huge to bring them back. We would have the best back court in college basketball.

7. Carl
    1:18 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

I hardly call that insider information. Chad Ford has been making that claim for months and most underclassmen will declare by April 10 even though the NBA gives them until April 29 to declare.

8. Terry
    1:20 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

#7 – totally agree. My gosh, if you paid for this information you should demand a refund.

9. BigBlueCats
    1:21 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

Notice how it talks about the 3 ‘big men’ on the team and no one else. Anyone think that is more or less putting that out there for Noel, Muhammed and others to see? Hopefully it plays in our favor. It would be awesome to have Lamb back and Teague and Harrow running the point with a year experience under their belt. Top it off with better defense from Wiltjer and Noel starting where Davis left off plus any other freshmen, then I say there is a very good chance, if the chemistry is like this years team, that they wont be talking about Florida as the last team to win back to back titles. UCLA here we come

10. Lakesidecatsfan
    1:21 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

Hear that shabazz and Nerlens?!

11. Laker Cat 18
    1:21 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

This year has been awesome. I couldn’t stand Jones last year and to see how much he has grown and matured this year showed that coming back has helped him. He’s one of my fav’s this year. I’ll always support these guys. Whoever leaves, they’ll all leave as brothers. Looking forward to seeing 6 Cats go in the first round, hopefully they can make it happen. Go Cats!

12. James K
    1:21 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

I said goodbye to them a long time ago, haha. I’ll definitely miss some of the older guys, but I feel like I never REALLY get a chance to get attached to them.

13. Shabazz
    1:24 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

10) Hear what?

14. chris
    1:25 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

Hopefully Teague and Lamb will stay then we can get Bennet Noel and Shabazz and we will be fine

15. bmt22033
    1:25 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

Chad Ford heard it straight from a Calipari proxy for the benefit of Nerlins and Shabazz… 😉

16. Maxbps8
    1:26 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

So will The BBN name these Kats? Best name yet, imo: Collaborative Kats!

17. Maxbps8
    1:28 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

#14…If only MKG, AD, and TJ go that leaves us with FIVE (5) open scholarships, right? But, then again, i am sure one of the ‘freebies’ would be willing to give up their scholarship and go ‘Walk-On’ to add Bennett, Noel, Mohammed, or AJefferson for that matter.

18. Easy e mother
    1:31 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

FreAking inbreds get back to work cuttin that tabacker and diggin that ditch so you can buy maw that new music jug for the hoedown

19. bmt22033
    1:31 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

I *think* Polson, Long and Malone are walk-ons but Kentucky had the scholarships to give so…

20. Yesterdays
    1:33 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

Cal will never have a full roster. You can’t get elite players every year if you take marginal guys just to fill out the roster. We will always have 7-8 guys with the rest being nothing more than walk-ons

21. warrior
    1:35 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

I hate the Maryland Terrapins men’s varsity basketball team with every fiber of my body.

22. Easy e mother
    1:45 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

I’m a loser.

23. BobKYCats
    1:46 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

Good luck, AD, MKG, and TJ. you shall live on in BBN lore forever.

24. CATS
    1:47 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

Why do people insist on spelling CATS w/ a “K”. It drives me nuts (I’m looking at you #16)

25. Wall2Cousins
    1:48 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

9. has a point….Cal prob just told them that they are ready for the NBA….and are announcing it now so Cal can get the pieces for next years squad.

26. bigB
    1:49 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

Seems about right. We all know AD is gone and if MKG is top 5 how can he stay. Would love to see Jones back but if he’s a top 15 pick he has to go. Just hoping Lamb and Teague stay.

27. bluesince66
    1:51 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

Here’s the solution. Say they all want to come back, but being the number 1 and 2 pick makes that impossible to stay. They stay, the team goes ahead and drafts them and just pays for insurance in case they get injured. They come out a year later to the team that has already drafted them, knocks a year off their rookie contract and everyones happy.

28. Ihearya
    1:56 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

@24. I completely agree. Using the dreaded “K” is almost as bad as people saying “cayts.” What up wit dat?

29. eeluk
    1:58 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

Injuries ain’t what they used to be. Almost reduced to a non-factor with medical technology today.
    Shredding a knee would not drop a draft pick a great deal. It isn’t football, but even in that sport, they rarely miss an entire season, and are just as good as new.

30. Heshimu Evans' 2nd Grade Teacher
    2:00 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

Cal to these 3: You ain’t gotta go home, but you gotta get the hell out of here. Shocking that these 3 will decide so early lol. April 11th, and the Nerlens/Shabazz commitments are right around the corner

31. GogglesUp
    2:14 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

All this talk about Shabazz, keep in mind that he has some “amateurism issues” that will need to be cleared up. Sounds a bit risky to me.

32. sourgrapes
    2:15 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

Who thinks Kelly is really 3.5 miles away?

33. Nashville Cat
    2:30 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

32, you must be my next door neighbor! Kelly is 3.5 miles away from me too! Where do you live?

34. sourgrapes
    2:55 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

@33. Behind the other enemy’s lines. Southern Indiana about 20 minutes north of Louisville.
    I can’t make that up…

35. ewwthatsgross
    3:19 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

my sources are saying that Miller should be drafted middle to late first round….once the workouts for teams start that he will rise up the board with his athleticism and Basketball IQ…too bad the spurs do not have a first round draft choice..

36. old_school IS jerry tipton
    3:22 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

cant win 2 championships with a lame duck coach and freshmen. they got lucky this year! we need more richie farmers and deron feldhauseseses.

37. Dick
    4:04 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

So in other words MKG is a big fat liar! F him! We don’t need him!

38. Tim
    4:42 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

What’s up with Davis’ right hand in this pic?

39. Bobby Knight's counselor
    4:58 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

#38….you are right….looks artificial to me !

40. Rixter
    5:00 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

I think it’s heart-warming that a recruiting analyst has a personal relationship with so many college players and their families, to the point where he is within the family circle of trust.

Look…all these guys will probably go, but for anybody to pretend like they have a scoop on the story, they have an inflated sense of importance.

I’m going out on a limb tonight and announcing that the sun will rise in the east tomorrow morning, I have that from sources close to Mother Nature.

41. Katdaddy
    5:11 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

Well deserving for all three of these guys if you ask me! And thank you guys for the wonderful ride that you took the BBN on this year! AMAZING RIDE!!

42. Drew Franklin's Tongue
    9:49 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

Chad Ford = Captain Obvious. Must be a slow news day.

43. KD
    11:15 am April 7, 2012 Permalink

18) awesome! AD’s right hand is swollen from swatting so many shots.
    BREAKING NEWS: Chad Ford claims the sky will be blue today followed by a black or gray sky tonight, depending on cloud cover!