MKG broke up a scuffle between Anthony Davis and Byron Mullens

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist was clearly listening when John Calipari told him to “be his brother’s keeper” last year. During a game between the Hornets and the Bobcats on Friday night, things got a little chippy between Anthony Davis and Byron Mullens following contact on a free throw. As the two made their way down the court, Mullens appeared to give Davis an extra shove. Within a moment, Kidd-Gilchrist was flying over to step in between, accidentally knocking the referee down in the process.

I give the ref a “9.5” for a poetic landing, although the toes could stand to be pointed, if we’re being picky. I give the lady in the red pants a “7” for being way too casual with a near fight breaking out in front of her face. I give MKG a “10” for being his brother’s keeper.

In case you missed it, Anthony Davis finished with an impressive 23 points, 11 rebounds and 5 blocks.

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

39 Comments for MKG broke up a scuffle between Anthony Davis and Byron Mullens

1. NotInsertNameHere
    11:32 am November 11, 2012 Permalink

I’m sorry, but if you watch Davis is the one who shoved Mullens in the chest after the bit of arm wrestling. Mullens then shoved Davis’ arm off him. I love AD just as much as anyone but this was all him.

2. Linda Taylor
    11:38 am November 11, 2012 Permalink

1 – shut up. It was nothing. Don’t even know why there technicals issued. Move along. Grow up an be an adult #1

3. catcrawler
    11:41 am November 11, 2012 Permalink

Mullens was all over him after he got rid of the ball, what an azz clown, I’d get him off me too.
    MKG should be careful though, he had 100% good intentions, but sometimes such an aggressive move can be mistaken and it can make things worse.

4. UK Snuggie
    11:44 am November 11, 2012 Permalink

I agree with #1, Davis looked like a punk there.

5. SeoulCat
    11:55 am November 11, 2012 Permalink

#1, I agree. Davis shouldn’t have shoved him like that, but at the same time, we don’t know what may have occurred on the court prior to that rebound.

6. Deuce
    12:03 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

#2 might be the dumbest comment ever on this website.

7. Shameless
    12:03 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

I can’t tell who is a UofL fan trolling and who is just a stupid online UK fan that loves to hate on our own players. It’s a very fine line these days

8. lol at you
    12:10 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

How about you losers find something else to do on your sunday instead of arguing over whether or not davis was in the wrong

9. soa45
    12:11 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

Its the NBA not college ..you can’t let your self get pushed around ..ad is not a punk your just a doushe

10. snoopaloop
    12:13 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

Is that Byron Mullens formerly B.J. Mullens from Ohio State? Talk about a bust…………

11. The-Truth
    12:15 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

The SOB was all over Davis; no wonder he shoved his a$$.
    However, I agree with #3; MKG should be careful in these situations.

12. Pat Riley
    12:19 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

Why are there women referees at an NBA game? No… No… No…

13. Jimmy Hotsauce
    12:20 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

Mullens is an NBA starter-hardly a bust IMO

Davis started this little tiff but who knows what may have preceded it

MKG is starting to play like a #2 pick while many people questioned if be is legit

Some of you are pretty damn simple minded and embarrassing to our fanbase-and you are surely too stupid to even know I’m talking about YOU!

14. nassau65
    12:21 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

#1. i agree. And there is no bigger AD fan than myself.
    #2. Menopause is a bitch, huh? Get a life.

15. Walter Sobchak
    12:28 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

6) You must be new here

16. Oogie
    12:45 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

A lot of lesser players who can’t match AD’s talent will try to muscle him around. Don’t blame AD for basically putting the word out that he’s not going to back down or be intimidated by it.

17. coach search
    12:46 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

I see ya AD. Your in the big leagues, hold your ground.

18. Linda Taylor
    12:46 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

Fake Linda Taylor sighting #3 at comment #2.
    #6 & #14 a UL troll is trying to ruin my good name on this website by saying outrageous things. Please keep that in mind from now on when you see a Linda Taylor comment. It may be from an impostor like #2.

19. Are you Serious?
    12:47 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

#6-I realize your comment is subjective, but to say number 2’s post is the dumbest ever is pure hyperbole. By any reasonable standards, yours is much dumber…

20. BB
    1:01 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

Other bigs in the league are gonna be more physical with AD because he hasn’t bulked up yet; he’s going to have to keep a cool head. MKG once again showing maturity beyond his 19 years. That’s the youngest player in the NBA playing peacemaker.

21. Mack
    1:02 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

MKG was getting over to protect Davis just in case Rivers was coming to sucker punch AD.

22. Linda Taylor
    1:22 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

Everyone watch out for the imposter calling me an imposter, #18. That person is trolling and calling everyone else a troll. People these days. Smh

23. Linda Taylor
    1:27 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

22 – Learn how to spell impostor, or at the very least use spellchecker. There, that should be enough to tell everyon who the real impostor is. The UL troll has a very big problem with language skills.

24. Linda Taylor
    1:28 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

Make that everyone. I really need to trim my fingernails this weekend, they are getting in the way of my typing.

25. Linda Taylor
    1:37 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

23 – hahaha. Trying to correct my grammar and can’t even spell other words correctly. Classic troll post. My bad for not spelling impostor correctly, it will not happen again when talking about impostors like you. Thanks.

26. James K
    1:59 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

Mullens thinks he’s a career scorer in the league, and he needs to learn his place. He was trying to pick at Davis all night and he ended up instigating a great night for Anthony. Mullens has always annoyed me.

27. Linda Taylor
    1:59 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

25 – If you will notice, I corrected it immediately. It was not a spelling error, it was a typing error caused by fingernails being too long. You misspelled the word impostor twice in one sentence proving that you do not know how to spell the word properly. By the way, how do you like using my name? Since you were more than likely born male, are you enjoying being a female? I myself have no idea what it is like to be a male and find some male behavior quite confusing. Maybe we should get together and go shopping, I could give you some great pointers about dressing as a female, hairstyles, makeup, skin care, etc. Oh and when you get your period, well, call me and I’ll give you a few pointers about how to deal with that too. We girls keep that to ourselves.

28. Linda Taylor
    2:04 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

You are an interesting fellow, 27. That sounds like such a perfect day. You sound like such an amazing person. Although, I do not understand why you would assume that I am male. Assuming things like that is not becoming of a lady such as yourself.

29. jus sayin
    2:07 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

Mullens had been pushing Davis all night. Vets always try to do this stuff to rookies.
    Two wrongs don’t make a right be but Davis has to show that he wont get punked out.

30. Linda Taylor
    2:30 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

28 – How do I know you are male? Because, being a woman, I know them, and no woman I have ever known would do what you are doing. It is not in our nature. It is however something a male would do. I just want to inform you that nothing you do is going to chase me off of this website. You can have your fun, but at some point you will get bored and go on to something else. So go ahead and have your fun. People who frequent this website already have a pretty good idea of the kind of person I am and try as you might you will not be able to change that. I do hope that at some point your time becomes more valuable than to perpetuate this silly charade of yours. You must have a lot of time on your hands to waste it is such a manner.

31. Linda Taylor
    2:33 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

^in such a manner

32. RYNO
    2:35 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

30- you are just being sexist. Females are not the elite of society. I enjoy them very much however. Maybe if you didn’t think you were so above everyone on the board, someone wouldn’t feel the need to pose as you. You don’t need to be so condescending even to a troll. Every response just gives that person what they want. If everyone knows you and you are such a high class individual, there is no reason to respond. I dislike trolls, but I also dislike elitists such as yourself.

33. Han
    3:56 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

I know they’re NBA announcers, but why were they surprised MKG rushed over? He was college teammates with Davis, so clearly he was wanting to prevent anything.

1) There’s always other stuff going on, including previous grabs and insults and such. We usually only see the guy who finally gets sick of it.

34. Linda Taylor
    4:05 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

32 – I never said females were the elite of society. Those are your words. I will defend our equality and our right to have athletic programs of our own however, with everything that is in me. I grew up before girls were allowed to do sports and I would have liked very much to have been able to participate on girls sports teams. The only sports girls had any opportunity to participate in were cheerleading (woohoo) and tennis. I am blind in my left eye and have terrible depth perception so tennis was never an option. We did finally get a chance to do gymnastics my sophomore year of high school and I took that opportunity. You may never have known a time when girls had few opportunities at sports, but let me tell you it stinks. If you have been around children very much you would see how very different boys and girls are. Boys love to fight and wrestle. It’s hard to keep them apart. As a female I just don’t relate to that behavior. It’s not in my DNA. I just accept that boys are like that and try to keep them from hurting each other. That is not sexist, it is an observation of reality. Life works so much better when both sexes treat each other with dignity and respect. Most of the time I try to ignore the blatant sexism exhibited by some people commenting on this website, but sometimes it just becomes too much and I make a comment in response. I am not an elitist. Far from it. I don’t believe I have ever directed a negative comment towards you. I am guilty of trying to get a laugh here and there. I’m sorry you find my sad attempts at humor offensive. I do have a quirky sense of humor that some do not understand, but those who do and appreciate it enjoy it. It keeps my husband laughing.
    The person posing as me was someone trying to get people to go to a UL board to get a rumor started that Cal was going to go to the Lakers and I mocked him. He was trying to get hits for a UL board. I guess it didn’t work and now he’s mad at me and trying to make me pay for it.

35. RYNO
    5:02 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

34 – a little verbose, don’t you think? By elitist, I meant that you are very condescending. Which anyone who reads what you just posted, can tell.

36. nassau65
    5:17 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

18. then obviously my comment was directed at the person posting #2.

37. Linda Taylor
    5:20 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

35 – I am truly sorry you feel that way. It is not my intent.

38. AnthonyDavis'sDad
    7:41 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

Byron Mullens is from Ohio so you know he is tough….OK, OK, sorry…even I could not write that without laughing. In reality, he’s just mad at the world because he’s named “Byron”.

39. Linda Taylor
    9:13 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

I type way too much useless drivel in the comment section of a sports blog. My marriage sucks.