Mitch McGary in The Big House

mcgary-annarbor

That large young man waving a yellow flag in the photo you see above is none other than Mitch McGary, the third-best 2012 recruit in the nation. McGary was in Ann Arbor over the weekend for a two day official visit to Michigan. Part of that visit included a stop in The Big House for half of a football game in the rain between Michigan and Western Michigan. A poster on MGOBlog even snapped a picture of McGary playing in the rain.

Hey, Mitch, you know where it doesn’t rain? Big Blue Madness. It’s on October 14th. You should come here and see how awesome it is.

Article written by Drew Franklin

28 Comments for Mitch McGary in The Big House

1. The Dude
    2:22 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

Earings? Naw they can have em

2. Your Dad
    2:28 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

I hope he doesn’t whore himself all over the country. You can’t get the stain of some of those colors off ya know. 😉

3. Chad B
    2:28 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

Looks to me like he’s having a good time.

4. Rest in peace Mel Turpin
    2:36 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

Michigan for a football game is understandable – that’s what I would do as a recruit getting offered free trips. But there is no way that a #3 ranked player in basketball would prefer to go to a football school over a program where he can be mentored by the coach putting the most talent in the NBA. Cal will not lose Mitch to Mich.

5. NCAA
    2:37 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

I do believe the promotional towel he is holding is a major NCAA violation by providing gifts to potential athletes. Booking investigation for Ann Arbor currently.

6. Bruce Pearl
    2:45 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

Hey kid…want some barbecue?

7. Jax Teller
    3:01 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

It doesn’t rain at BBM, but it does rain at Spearmint Rhino….just sayin’.

8. kentapolis
    3:03 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

I live here in Ann Arbor and have a few friends with ties to the bball program here. Take it for what its worth, but the rumors here are its UK or UM. Mitch is supposedly pretty tight with someone on the current team and thats what someone from UMs staff has said.

9. tom
    3:09 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

Drew –
    Nice job on posts and creativity today man. You are keeping it going and living the dream!

10. JEREMY
    3:20 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

Hey #1,the dudette or dude… He can wear pink ear rings if he wants, as long as he has KENTUCKY across the chest!

11. Culver
    3:27 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

Michigan can have him! Comes off as an arrogant punk in the interviews I’ve read & seen of him. Reminds me of Jamie Kennedy’s charater in “Malibu’s Most Wanted”!

12. tarheel
    3:37 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

To Rest in Peace Mel Turpin: Cal may not lose Mitch to Mich but he will lose Mitch to UNC. Roy’s offense is built around guys like Mitch. Cal produces guards and people who want to be 1 and done. Mitch is neither!! With the BIGS from UNC going pro after this year, he’ll come in and be a dominate player. I bet he’s enjoying himself at UNC right now!!

13. TrinityPills
    3:47 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

I would like to see the the receipt for that shirt.

14. Jon
    3:48 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

To tarheel: Remember Demarcus Cousins?

15. Pawpaw
    4:10 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

Pretty creepy you noticed this, Franklin.

16. Big Blue Greenie
    4:21 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

17. Blueburg
    4:26 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

I think this kid is the one to go hardest after.

18. Mich Sponsor
    5:00 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

We asked Mitch if he wanted to go to game with any females and he replied “Not really” I guess the only earring in the right ear speaks volumes. I think Mich migh pull out, we don’t have Dugen Fife for him to roommates with.

19. bung
    5:10 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

we need McGary

20. twnky
    5:47 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

his fist is the size of that guys face.

21. tyrus
    6:12 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

great post

22. Awesome Comments
    6:33 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

Awesome comments making fun of a talented recruit and potential UK player. I am sure he is reading this. Good job guys. I hope he goes to UM.

23. hahahah
    6:37 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

Great job guys. All the comments making fun of a recruit and potential UK player. I am sure the kid is reading this….wouldn’t you if you were in his shoes? Great job guys. I hope he goes to UM.

24. UKIreland
    7:06 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

22, If a kid is that sensitive he probably shouldn’t come to UK. He’ll be criticized and made light of all through out his career if he has a bad game. Seriously, this is nothing, just a bit of light hearted humor. Some people, i.e you, can’t get it, too bad.

25. rainman
    7:40 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

Look at those eye’s, pretty sure he’s been drugged!!!

26. Really?
    9:12 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

To say you don’t want him because he wears earrings or he’s a lil arrogant is beyond stupid.

27. Duke White Devil
    10:41 pm September 6, 2011 Permalink

To Big Blue Greenie, who wrote “I’m with #11. He seems like all the arrogant douches that I couldn’t stand in high school. I’ve got nothing against athletes, but McGary is the kind of player that I would absolutely loathe if he played for Duke, UNC, etc.”

You dumb white geek. Still angry at the white jocks in high school? That’s pathetic! I’ve got news for you, little nerd boy. The black boys you worship can be just as arrogant and obnoxious. In most cases more so. So do us normal people (non geeks) a favor and put down your Xbox controller and your high calorie Twinkie and give yourself a wedgie.

BTW, I hope this white man bball player goes to Duke so he can whip some Kentucky inbred ass. Duke knows how to win while white and are hated for it, but I like Duke for that exact reason. The only reason white jocks are hated by the white, geeky fans is because the white, geeky fans know that their girlfriends would rather be with a real white man, not some skinny, pasty chump who can’t compete with those black boys. That’s why you call white ballers like JJ Redick homosexual. You hope your ugly, fat girlfriend believes you because deep down you know she’d rather be with him. But a brother? A black boy? He doesn’t scare you because you know your white girlfriend isn’t into black boys. And he doesn’t look like that guy in high school who used to stick you in lockers and steal your girlfriend. (of course you’ve never met a black boy jock so you really wouldn’t know if he is the sort of person who’d steal your girl and beat you up, now do you?)

Later, basketball geeks!

28. Ricky P
    12:04 am September 7, 2011 Permalink

he will be great in wildcat blue..we need him very much..Best big in class