Miller and Patterson already talking trash about the 2010 vs. 2012 alumni game

After tweeting about the potential 2010 vs. 2012 alumni game this fall, Matt was asked by Patrick Patterson which team Darius Miller will suit up for in the dream game. Darius responded with a tweet saying, “Pat is scared of me.”

Patterson took the tweet as a challenge and replied, “Just for that put ’em on the 2012 team.”

This game can’t get here soon enough.

Article written by Drew Franklin

25 Comments for Miller and Patterson already talking trash about the 2010 vs. 2012 alumni game

1. I Say
    4:24 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

Play the game at Rupp! I will give X amount of money to watch this game

2. Whistle
    4:30 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

Just a small reachin foul (which doesn’t exist in the nba, mind you) captured in that photo.

3. Andrew
    4:31 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

why not have a round robin tournament and include this years team. it would be good experience and make for a good measuring stick!

4. J in Orlando
    4:36 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

3 Cant include current players…the ncaa just took a year of eligibility form a guy (Duquense maybe?) for participating in an 8 minute scrimmage

5. Darius
    4:43 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

Hey Pat, want to borrow my final four ring? I usually just wear the championship one.

6. Andrew
    4:47 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

#4 wow! did not know that. The NCAA is a damn Joke! they have the absolute dumbest rules of any governing sports body.

7. Han
    4:49 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

Would be a fun game to see. Miller will have to be on the ’12 team. That team won’t have Wiltjer, can’t have Polson, and already had a thin bench. ’10 only loses Dodson and probably Orton. Everyone else from ’10, sans Hood, could play.

’10 will end up starting Liggins at the 3 and he’ll be bringing his defensive intensity from ’11. Meanwhile, Harrelson will back up Cousins with his massive improvement from ’11. Stevenson and Harris will also be with ’10, if they’re still in playing shape. Assuming everyone who can play (not active players or transferring like Wiltjer), ’10 just has too many players. They should let ’12 use Knight.

8. Han
    4:53 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

6) If it’s an organized scrimmage, especially if tickets sold, NCAA players can’t participate. That means Hood, Polson, other walkons, and Wiltjer (if he was even still gonna be here) couldn’t play. ’12 will have Davis, Jones, Lamb, Teague, Vargas, and Miller eligible. ’10 will have Wall, Bledsoe, Cousins, Patterson, (Miller), Harrelson, Liggins, Harris, Stevenson, Krebbs, Dodson (ha) and Orton (unlikely). Assuming all of them were involved. Could end up with half the guys being there but not playing. We could see Knight or Kanter even drafted to one of the teams, or even someone like Meeks. (Imagine Meeks playing with ’10 guys!)

9. Nick
    5:01 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

This needs to be televised.

10. Nick
    5:01 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

This is like “Field of Dreams” or something.

11. Mj44
    5:43 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

I love it!

12. JustGotReal
    5:46 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

I’ll take the 1996 team over both of them.
    Boom.

13. SouthBeachWildcat
    6:05 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

I understand why its 2010 vs. 2012, but man I feel bad for the “Final 4” participant Brandon Knight

14. SouthBeachWildcat
    6:12 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

I do believe Knight is the only one that would be left out of this game.

15. Duke Sucks
    6:14 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

I Would take the ’10 over the 96,98, or 12 teams. No body is going to guard Big Cuz no body! Hell big Cuz will try to kick someone’s ass. The ’10 was one bad shooting night away from being the best team ever at UK. We love AD but let’s be real Cuz could snap him like a tooth pick!

16. Duke Sucks
    6:16 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

15) like others have said you can bet they will find a place for Knight, Meeks, and Enes. People want to see them and will pay to do so!

17. SouthBeachWildcat
    6:20 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

17) Thanks I probably missed the convo in other threads. I don’t think you should add these guys to the game b/c it takes away from the whole “who is the better team lore.” I would love to see an Enes vs. Brandon Knight as honorary coaches though! oh and Duke Sucks!

18. We should have 11
    6:23 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

They should have the ultimate what if games! Put games on with Anderson on the 1997 team , Meeks with the 2010 team and let Enes play with the 2011 team!!!!! I think most Cat fans would agree if those players had either not got hurt, stayed one more year, or being allowed to play(I might add what BS it was that Enes got screwed) that UK should be on UCLA heels.

19. We should have 11
    6:26 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

18) I think it’s a travesty that we didn’t get to see Enes play for UK. By some of the judgments by the NCAA since Enes should be allowed to sue the NCAA. That kid got screwed over because he chose UK

20. SouthBeachWildcat
    6:35 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

20) Oh believe me, I was more excited about Enes than a lot of our other greats under Cal. He was 110% screwed over, but look what a year of just working out with Cal did for him. If he gets healthy he will be up there with Boogie as one of the top true centers in the league…………would have loved to have seen him on that Final 4 team though.

21. Han
    6:43 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

18) But it’s already going to be different teams. Dodson played notable minutes and you know he won’t be on the team. Orton may not be involved because it still seems chilly between him and BBN (could be wrong, but I don’t remember him making any return visits). Then for ’12, Wiltjer can’t play, which takes one of ’12’s top 7 men out. ’12 wasn’t as deep, so it’ll hurt them. And what if not everyone plays?

I’d like to see Meeks on ’10 and Knight on ’12. Call it “What if.”

19) It’s about 10 years too late to expect the ’96 team. The ’10 and ’12 teams are close enough and recent enough, and with only 1 crossover player (Miller) that you can actually play that game. Obviously some players have gotten better in the NBA, and Liggins and Harrelson both got better the year after the ’10 team, but it’s still probably your best chance to see 2 title teams from the same school square off.

22. spookykim
    6:45 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

This game would be too awesome, but being able to get all those guys together to play — impossible. I’d love it, but I’ll believe it when I see it. It’s truly a “fantasy” game.

23. BBNFL
    1:32 am June 29, 2013 Permalink

I think it would be a good game but in the end I think the 2012 team has the edge. It was a more complete all around team that could shoot or drive. The 2010 team unfortunately was vulnerable on a bad shooting night as we all know. The 2012 team could overcome a bad shooting night with their driving ability and they could create more offense out of that, I think that is what would give them the edge over the 2010 team.

24. lorenzen4heisman
    2:08 am June 29, 2013 Permalink

Here’s how I see the rosters breaking down if everyone signs up for this…

2010
    Wall
    Bledsoe
    Liggins
    Patterson
    Cousins
    Harrelson
    Harris
    Stevenson
    Krebs
    Meeks(does anyone really have a problem seeing Meeks play with these guys? I didn’t think so…)

2012
    Teague
    Lamb
    MKG
    Jones
    Davis
    Miller
    Vargas
    Beckham(Back issues?)
    Knight(see Meeks comment)
    Kanter(cue up the Undertaker’s music)

I know this isn’t a true match up of those two teams…but it’s pretty close. I don’t see Orton playing. As much as I want to see Cuz, and Wall, and PPat, I think I’d be just as excited to see Perry Stevenson. I wish that he had redshirted his senior year and played with Knight’s team. If you had a crystal ball and knew Kanter was not going to get to play it would have worked out for everybody. He would have been one more long body to battle UConn’s Oriakhi down low…but then again, maybe Harrelson doesn’t improve like he did with Stevenson drawing some of those minutes.

Bottom line…I’m excited to see this game whatever form it takes. Hopefully we’re here this time next year talking about how this 2013-14 team would beat either one of these teams…