Mike Edwards wants everyone to know something…

One of Kentucky’s commitments out of the 2014 class wanted to share something with everyone this morning. Edwards was proud (and rightfully so) to announce that he got a 28 on his ACT. Edwards is a 4-star DB out of Cincinnati, Ohio who committed to Kentucky earlier this summer.

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

23 Comments for Mike Edwards wants everyone to know something…

1. futbal
    2:23 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

and them say futbal players is dumb

2. Lawbird
    2:24 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

Even Matt Jones will be impressed with that number . . . well done young man!

3. DH
    2:32 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

Good work, Mike!

4. UK
    2:36 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

More impressed by it being his first time taking it getting that score.

5. Wildcat Mike
    2:41 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

Well done, Mike. If I’m not mistaken, a 28 on the spring ACT is near the 88 percentile nationally. A score like that makes him eligible for merit scholarships, in case he wasn’t playing football.

6. TCD
    2:41 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

Goodonya, Mike. Good priorities.

7. Austin
    2:41 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

Do Pat Forde and Pete Thamel care about UK football? Seriously, that is very impressive. I took it 4 times and 25 was the best I could do. I think my best scores in each category added up to 28, but impressive from Mr. Edwards. Congrats!

8. Einstein
    2:46 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

forget football what about rocket science

9. Larry
    2:49 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

moderation, moderation, moderation

10. #5
    2:57 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

My lord big brother.

11. SRW
    3:05 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

This is awesome he got a 28! However 1 thing bothers me about this: He isn’t a 4-star… That’s the thing I hate about this site sometimes. We pick the recruiting service that makes us look better. We pick 24/7 when it comes to Elam because he is a 5-star and top 50 player. We pick ESPN because they have Edwards as a 4-star. I hate that. That’s what Louisville does. We Pick Rivals ratings team-rankings because they have us #1….Rivals is head and shoulders the best when it comes to football recruiting and on there He is a 5.7 3-star guy.

12. Rockfield, KY
    3:20 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

11. I agree, but I do like what 247sports does. They have their ranking and then they have the composite ranking of the 4 major sites. It gives idea of where each player is overall. In my opinion though, Rivals is generally more accurate with their mid range guys (high 3- low 4* range)

13. Simple
    3:27 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

Dayum. I got 25 first time I took it, 30 second time. This kid could’ve gotten upper 30s with some effort and 2-3 retakes. Hope he can cover like he thinks.

14. joe channell
    3:30 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

Outstanding!!! Can’t wait for your class to get on campus.

15. elzeko
    3:35 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

Hey My Man. You sound as tough in the class room as you be on the football field.Keep it up. Proud to have you representing the BBN. GO BIG BLUE.

16. Whew! I’m glad he didn’t say “My ACT matched the number I’m pointing to in this photo!” 🙂

J/K!
    As 2 said above, well done young man!

17. LOL
    4:30 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

**I, Mike Edwards, got a 28 on my ACT.**

Heh, he probably Derek Rose’d it.

18. kadizkat
    4:33 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

#17 proves UL fans have nothing to do.

19. Louisville
    4:49 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

17 – Obviously, Calimari was behind all of this, and the NCAA will come down on him in no time and vac8te the 2012 title! FACT.

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

WWW wrote the ACT a phat check. $200K to the Department of Education. Everybody knows this.

PayPalCal is a crappier football coach then Charlie Strong.

20. Tampa Satchel
    5:15 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

I had a 31, but then again I barely graduated and I couldn’t play football, so I guess he has me there.

21. lol
    6:32 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

11 – Rivals has gone downhill over the last few years. 247 is where it’s at now.

22. LOL @ Simple
    9:30 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

@13… Is this guy for real? You got a 25, then a 30, and you believe Mike could have gotten ‘upper 30’s’? You are aware that the ACT only goes to 36 right? To get ‘upper 30’s’, he would have to get a perfect score. I think that’s a bit ambitious, but hey I only got a 33, so what do I know.

23. WFMAH
    1:33 am June 25, 2013 Permalink

ACT is kinda crap in my book. I took it in 1993 twice. 30 and 29 composite, Math being my lowest component both times. I had to retake it in 2012, yeah kids stay in school, and I got a 29. Funny thing was my math was my highest score in the modern era and had zero trig, unlike my 1990’s encounters, and I totally F(&^$^ the grammar section thinking it was the reading comprehension (i.e. my math was super easy, and I screwed myself by not reading the directions and having to guess the last 1/3 of a test in 5 minutes.)

The ACT has never done anything except measure you against the other scared to death people, but taking it in my mid 30’s was unimpressive, and almost laughable.

Not dissing this kids scores, he is good at taking tests like I am.

Let’s see if higher ACT/IQ at the DB works as well as it does on the OL.

ON! ON! U of K!