Meet the Wildcats: Julius Randle

As part of the beginning of a new season with new players on campus, CoachCal.com is doing a series called “Meet the Wildcats” that previews each of the new players. Today’s featured player is Julius Randle. The profile discusses the two sides of Randle– the goofy and fun-loving side that can be seen in his million-dollar smile, and his other side– the competitive and driven side that makes him who he is as a competitor.

“I’m all about getting better,” Randle says, poignantly, in an exclusive interview with CoachCal.com. “I want to reach my full potential. Whatever I have to do to get there, I’m willing to do it.”

Randle goes into great detail about the injury that sidelined him for most of his senior high school basketball season. Randle believes the injury was possibly a blessing in disguise and made him realize just how much he loves the game of basketball.

Calipari also had some strong remarks about Julius Randle as a person and a player. “Julius is another hard working player who is a great student and person along with being a dominator on the court. He has that will to win that the players I’ve had who have become special have all had.”

And once again, Randle re-affirmed his goal for the upcoming season, “When I committed here, my goal was to win a national championship. I want to win a national championship.”

[ Meet the Wildcats: Julius Randle ]

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

9 Comments for Meet the Wildcats: Julius Randle

1. Bluegrass
    12:23 pm July 16, 2013 Permalink

I can already sense it that Randle will be one of my all time favorite UK players. Nothing like his Beast mode!

2. Bobbum man
    12:26 pm July 16, 2013 Permalink

Yea he’s gonna be a monster, hopefully he rubs off on poythress too

3. tyrus
    12:30 pm July 16, 2013 Permalink

Can he do that in just one year or will he stay around for two years to truly develop his talents? The money aspect of turning pro changes a players focus and goals. Can’t blame them because that’s reality.

4. brain
    12:34 pm July 16, 2013 Permalink

He’s the real deal. Going to be one of the greatest to wear the blue.

5. Bluegrass
    12:40 pm July 16, 2013 Permalink

#3 – As nice as it would be for us fans, there is an absolute 0% chance that he will be here for more than this one year. Make your peace with that now and enjoy the ride that will be a National Championship run this upcoming year!

6. ukfan
    1:14 pm July 16, 2013 Permalink

Randle > Wiggins

7. ukfan
    1:16 pm July 16, 2013 Permalink

I didn’t think it’d ever happen, but finally there is a player who has the chance to pass up John Wall as my all time favorite Cal recruit.. I can not wait to see this kid in action!! Go Big Blue!! #JuliusRandle

8. PittCat
    2:56 pm July 16, 2013 Permalink

I knew he was going to pick UK as soon as I saw that the UK hat’s brim had been bent…Dead Giveaway!

9. Blue Leather
    5:41 pm July 16, 2013 Permalink

Already know that Julius will be my favorite player this year. He is the one player I REALLY wanted Coach Cal to get. Ready for the fantastic journey that the Cats will take us on this year.