Meet Big Blue Hero, Tony Tuck

The KSTV Casting Call produced a number of good candidates and some potential winners. It also produced Tony Tuck, one of the more unique characters I have seen. The man who admitted to standing outside of his house with a “Free Enes” sign provided one of the more entertaining entrees in the contest. Here was his performance and the judging:

Article written by Matt Jones

40 Comments for Meet Big Blue Hero, Tony Tuck

1. Mike Jones
    10:07 pm May 26, 2011 Permalink

Indiana Hoosiers rule

2. tdogg4033011
    10:09 pm May 26, 2011 Permalink

1) rule what?? suckin at everything??

3. Matt answer a question please
    10:14 pm May 26, 2011 Permalink

Matt, why do you and franklin always have to act like drunken frat boys and make light and make fun of those who you don’t relate too? Do we all have to have a 3 rd grade hair cut and be anal retentive about everything in life. Don’t say you don’t because you are constantly doing this on both your radio show and on here. I would hope you would be raised better than that, but your family and specifically your parents probably do the same thing. It maybe a universal invariant like time, but you should be ashamed…

4. djeter
    10:16 pm May 26, 2011 Permalink

KSR needs TUCK!!!!! Go CATS!!!!!

5. kyeric
    10:21 pm May 26, 2011 Permalink

3. I get what you are sayin’, but realize that you are defending a dude with a ponytail and the Hulk Hogan fu manchu.

6. Matt Jones
    10:22 pm May 26, 2011 Permalink

You dont seem anal retentive at all #3

We are simply enjoying life and laughing at what there is to laugh at…I dont think Tony Tuck is upset at all and he seems to be much more ok about it than you do

7. BigTuckDogg
    10:22 pm May 26, 2011 Permalink

good lookin out guys, BIG BLUE NATION, interested in hearing the feedback

8. capnmonkey
    10:25 pm May 26, 2011 Permalink

I didn’t realize there was a cooking segment to the contest. What entree did he cook? You guys really demand alot of your co-workers.

9. BigTuckDogg
    10:26 pm May 26, 2011 Permalink

dont be mad you haven’t hit puberty yet kyeric, that’s grown man stuff there baby boy, you dont want me to Hulk out of the button down and drop that stanky leg!!!

10. BigTuckDogg
    10:53 pm May 26, 2011 Permalink

@ #3 Matt and Drew Franklin especially, have done nothing but show me love, and give me a shot, Matt says plain as day he loves my unique look, I like that you dont have that view that all dudes should be clean cut and short hair, cuz I dont feel that way as you can tell, but bashin these guys on that point, I dont get it

11. Football Man
    10:56 pm May 26, 2011 Permalink

I think it’s great! I was there, and it did’nt cost me $2500 for a parking pass! Thx Matt & crew for givin’ the true fans a chance!

12. Drew Franklin
    11:04 pm May 26, 2011 Permalink

Tony Tuck is the man. I don’t know why #3 is calling us “drunken frat boys” for liking a guy’s passion for the Cats.

Keep doing you, Tony.

13. tyson
    11:29 pm May 26, 2011 Permalink

drew, i’ve seen you in action at drakes. i’m pretty sure you are forced to keep doing you…

14. Whatshouldido?
    11:35 pm May 26, 2011 Permalink

13 has to get comment of the year

15. Bigpapi
    11:48 pm May 26, 2011 Permalink

LeBron.James.

16. funnystuff
    11:50 pm May 26, 2011 Permalink

Love how matt had to make sure he pointed out that tony tuck didnt start free enes even though tuck never claimed that he did.

17. kentuckygentleman
    11:59 pm May 26, 2011 Permalink

I think it would be great to try out, and I can’t knock or criticize anyone for trying, I would try out myself if I didn’t work for UofL and thought it might somehow jeopardize my position by promoting the Cats.

18. LBrock
    12:04 am May 27, 2011 Permalink

I think you ought to give him a chance, and if the hair, sideburns and beard need to go for a super fan like Tony, I’d bet he’d do it because he really has something to say about UK!

19. chmicl
    12:16 am May 27, 2011 Permalink

I never knew Marry Jo was such a hottie!

20. Kenny Power's Agent
    3:20 am May 27, 2011 Permalink

Tuck reminds me of Dave Grohl from Foo Fighters. He is obviously a passionate Cats fan. Besides, he knew we were gonna take out OSU. If Jenna is a frontrunner, Tuck should at least get a second go-around to prove himself. Yeah, she’s a good lookin’ girl and all, but 1.) She’s not even from the Kentucky area, and 2.) Her reply about UK winning the SEC crown, “It’s hard for her to say because she’s from ‘Bama?” Terrible response.

And Vanetti has a right to call out Tuck on his music teacher look? Vanetti looks exactly like Billy Clyde, so give Tuck a break. Keep on keepin’ on Tuck..

21. UK_Football_Fan
    9:21 am May 27, 2011 Permalink

Not that she ever looks bad, but MJP looks terrific in these videos.

22. Beisner
    9:23 am May 27, 2011 Permalink

Matt Jones did not start FREE ENES either. Just saying

23. bray
    10:20 am May 27, 2011 Permalink

Mary Jo is such a doll, Drew looks like the singer from Sum 41

24. UKfanstuckinDuketerritory
    10:33 am May 27, 2011 Permalink

I think Tuck would be great doing bits especially if he got pitted against some UofL fans! He’d be a True Blue perspective for sure. GO TUCK!!!

25. Kblack
    11:40 am May 27, 2011 Permalink

KSR needs Tony Tuck!!! He is the epitome of all that is awesome!!!

26. Chang and the Monkey
    11:46 am May 27, 2011 Permalink

Big Tuck Dogg it looks like Fan Outfitters just gave you a $10 gift certificate on their Facebook page. I am gonna name drop them in Louisville to try to score one…

27. BigTuckDogg
    1:09 pm May 27, 2011 Permalink

thanks for the heads up Chang, sounds like a movement is starting, Thanks for the support BIG BLUE NATION, The Big Dogg loves each and everyone of you, hopefully I get the shot to make you all proud

28. BigTuckDogg
    1:25 pm May 27, 2011 Permalink

and Chang if you do that, I might have to hire Matt Jones and sue for “gimmick infringment” but we could settle out of court for the gift card! just joshin ya brother, good luck in Louisville

29. Crystal C.
    1:31 pm May 27, 2011 Permalink

WOW! I love this guy! He is exactly what the Big Blue Nation needs interviewing fans, players, rivals, etc! I think his personality fits for a person that we need for commentating. He exhibits all of the qualities of a true UK fan and then some. Sure we love Mary Jo and the others but his knowledge of the game and spunky attitude are exactly what is needed to do a job like this. Just give him….wait for it…here comes a chant…”One more chance, One more chance, One more chance!” VOTE FOR TONY!!!!

30. B4UK8
    1:59 pm May 27, 2011 Permalink

If this guy wasnt just a fan and knew a little bit of somethin he would have just laughed at Enes being compared to Sebastian Telfair. I guess I can better argue this a year from now, but I just find it hard to beleieve that 7 pts and 3 asts. per game on the twolves would have won the cards a national title. the closest telfair is gettin to a trophy is the high school slam mag pic with lebron.

31. Jess
    2:02 pm May 27, 2011 Permalink

You guys need Tony Tuck! He is a fantastic personality & loves the Wilcats! Go Tuck or go home!!

32. Amanda Combs
    2:41 pm May 27, 2011 Permalink

Go Tony!!! That’s my dude 🙂 You need some Tuck…..

33. BigTuckDogg
    2:45 pm May 27, 2011 Permalink

@B4UK8 Telfair was the guy that was in louisville for like a week before hiring an agent right?, also the reason Rondo didn’t go to louisville, being a louisville kid because they didn’t have a scholarship spot for him, I know my stuff brother, I lot of stuff I didn’t say that I wish I did, but I dont make excuses, I’ll just have to make a believer out of you if I get a shot at the “big time” thanks for the feedback brother, BIG BLUE NATION still showing up and showing love, THANK YOU ALL!! BTD

34. ronb
    7:50 pm May 27, 2011 Permalink

You won’t find a more dedicated UK fan than Tony Tuck. This would be a perfect match for Tony and all UK fans.

35. Amy C
    8:14 pm May 27, 2011 Permalink

I love this guy!!! He may be a fan but he is also well versed in other teams as well. He just happens to be a fan for UK. He has the look and attitude for television not to mention the smile. He is what you all need to keep it young and fresh. GO TONY TUCK 🙂

36. Jd
    8:35 pm May 27, 2011 Permalink

I lost count how many times Matt said ‘actually’. Gosh he’s better In print…..

37. Tania
    12:08 am May 28, 2011 Permalink

I think Tony Tuck was very personable, and I could see him talking to fans out in the public, just like Jay Leno has his street talk!! I think it could be alot of fun, and funny!! That would be a nice change!!

38. bigcountyky
    12:13 am May 28, 2011 Permalink

Tony tuck is the man for the job go cats!

39. Tania
    12:13 am May 28, 2011 Permalink

Hey Tony……KEEP ON TUCKIN’

40. B4UK8
    1:36 am May 28, 2011 Permalink

not tryin to talk bad about ya tony tuck, that is not an easy position to be in. im sure you know your stuff.