Matt Roark Officially Signs With The Patriots

In what may be the most impressive turnaround for any player in his senior season, Matt Roark has gone from the starting receiver who couldn’t seem to catch anything thrown his way to a signed NFL free agent. The Patriots officially announced the signings of seven undrafted free agents and Matt Roark was on the list. Roark only had one touchdown catch in his career at UK, but the combination of size and athleticism seemed too much to pass up. The 6’5 receiver will have a chance to rejoin Mike Hartline and Myron Pryor in Foxborough and play with what should be one of the best teams in the league next season.

Article written by Matthew Hays

16 Comments for Matt Roark Officially Signs With The Patriots

1. Rick Fifteeno
    3:01 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

first, boy that was quick

2. ribin
    3:03 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

Best of Luck — thanks for the memories !!

3. SexnNursinHomes
    3:04 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

10-7 ewe tee has dropped so far down the sewer that they can’t even Troll anymore.

4. The Rev.
    3:06 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

#KentuckyEffect?

5. Mudcreekmark
    3:07 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

I remember when Matt Roark came in and I thought he had a lot of potential. He had lots of ups and downs but I always liked him. I thought he had the size and athleticism to give DB’s fits. He never did turn into that player for some reason. I hope he can get coached up finally and become the player I thought he would be.

6. Carolina Blue is past tense for CAROLINA BLOWS
    3:13 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

SexnN– you let me down yesterday. Go read the post with Josh Hopkins, look at the pick of the mom and boy and get back to me. Peace, pot and microdot.

7. SexnNursinHomes
    3:19 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

6- haha- checking it now cap’n

8. SexnNursinHomes
    3:28 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

6- whaaaa? That’s a an actual magazine cover? No way. I don’t believe it. That 12 yr old kid is hanging on to his mom’s nipple by his teeth. I’ll be honest, that kinda shocks me and that’s coming from someone who masturbates to Animal Planet.

9. tvillian
    3:33 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

Billy Joe Murphy trying out with the Bengals today, come on KSR how do you not know this

10. Carolina Blue is past tense for CAROLINA BLOWS
    3:34 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

Thanks for the laugh. I needed that today–feeling like crap. Animal Planet? Really? I took you for a Nick, Disney or Cartoon Network kind of guy.

11. SexnNursinHomes
    3:40 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

10- bwaahahaha!!!! man, I’ve moved to Japan anime now. Nick, Disney, CN were my training wheels.

12. jch
    3:54 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

How does this signing reflect on Joker’s coaching ability? Not very well in my opinion.

How does a player who the NE Pats deem talented enough to PAY to play (albeit on the practice squad) not have any success to speak of under Joker’s tutelage?

To me this says Joker isn’t even able to get players who possess professional level talent to produce under his system.

Not good…

13. Studebaker
    4:01 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

See the stadium in that picture? That’s what out attendance will look like the whole season.

Go Cats.

14. LAUGHlin Mclain Sucks
    4:29 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

Let me see what I can come up with to bash UK fans about over this.

15. Burger
    5:46 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

1 game = legend

The only guy I can remember to do that as a wildcat in the past 40 years

16. Mudcreekmark
    6:43 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

15)I don’t think anyone thinks of him as a legend but he will have a special place in UK football history because of that one game.The defense probably should have gotten the most credit for the win but Roarks story line was much more appealing.