Matt Jones and Joker Phillips at Football Luncheon

I wrote about much of what you’ll see in this video earlier, but here’s a five minute clip from today’s luncheon. It’s almost like being at the Galt House, but without the green beans, carrots, and overcooked beef.

via cn|2

Article written by Drew Franklin

17 Comments for Matt Jones and Joker Phillips at Football Luncheon

1. Rebbecca Gayheart
    8:43 pm August 24, 2011 Permalink

Brent wants to know if KSR got the information that he gave to the radio show this morning concerning Sonny Collins?

2. Will Lentz
    8:44 pm August 24, 2011 Permalink

‘We all look alike.’ He’s talking about football coaches right?

3. Boogie456
    8:52 pm August 24, 2011 Permalink

Joker and Matt killed it

4. jay
    8:53 pm August 24, 2011 Permalink

mitch kinda looked pissed……

5. m4ff3w
    9:11 pm August 24, 2011 Permalink

Anyone have a link to the Home Field Advantage thing Matt was talking about?

6. tdogg4033011
    9:21 pm August 24, 2011 Permalink

3) Yes Sir !!! Joker is pretty funny, I hope like hell he has a great season and
    shuts the bandwagon fans up ….. GO CATS !!!

7. O-town Cat
    9:29 pm August 24, 2011 Permalink

Matt, have you ever considered purchasing and then possibly using a hairbrush?

8. Enes
    9:56 pm August 24, 2011 Permalink

Matt, use a conversational voice when you’re at a mic and in front of an audience. Did you notice the difference between how you sounded and how Joker sounded? Just a piece of advice. Not hating. It’s a very common mistake that people make when speaking in public (yes, I was a comm major). The mic does all the work. And it allows you to just be yourself.

Nice joke, btw. Pretty sure the stuffy ones didn’t care for it, but it was classic.

9. Cale Barr
    6:10 am August 25, 2011 Permalink

#3 and #6. Hell yes me too. I hope Joker shuts them all up. He’s one of our own. We need him to be successful and nobody wants it more than him. We should all support him. He’s trying to take this program to the next level and I believe with the recruiting he’s doing that he eventually will. It may not be this year eventhough I expect a solid season but i hope it will happen.

10. Haters4Hire
    8:15 am August 25, 2011 Permalink

Matt trying to be funny, is really funny.

11. UKfanNKY
    9:02 am August 25, 2011 Permalink

THANK YOU #9!!! CATS RISE!!!

12. UKGirl
    9:30 am August 25, 2011 Permalink

Joker was fantastic. I think I like him even more.

13. Kyle
    10:20 am August 25, 2011 Permalink

Joker is awesome.

14. Steve Fitts
    1:31 pm August 25, 2011 Permalink

I’m a Cat fan who also roots for U of L when they are not playing us. Many of my fellow UK fans say you can’t root for both UK and U of L. As rebuttal, I offer the words of Joker Phillips spoken at yesterday’s banquet: “I really root for Charlie other than the game we play them”!!!

15. Steve Fitts
    1:40 pm August 25, 2011 Permalink

I’m a UK fan who also roots for U of L when they are not playing us. Some UK fans say you can’t root for both UK and U of L at the same time. As rebuttal, I offer the words of Joker Phillips from yesterday’s banquet: “I really root for Charlie other than the game we play them”!!!

16. thatsbudda
    2:43 pm August 25, 2011 Permalink

I’m a UK fan and my second favorite team is whoever is playing Louisville. No wait, that’s my third favorite. Second is whoever is playing the creamsicle suckin, garbage worker wearing, low down dirty snitches below us.

17. Steve Fitts
    3:43 pm August 25, 2011 Permalink

I’m a UK fan who also roots for U of L when they are not playing us. A lot of Cat fans say you can’t root for both UK and U of L. But look at what Joker said at the luncheon yesterday: “I really root for Charlie other than the game we play them”!!!