Matt Elam wearing UK sweatshirt during visit from Charlie Strong

MattElam

Matt Elam is a big guy. The 6’6″ 342 lbs. defensive tackle from Elizabethtown is considering the Cats, along with Louisville, Alabama, Western Kentucky and Eastern Kentucky, and also has interest from Florida. Charlie Strong visited Elam at John Hardin High this morning, and the visit got off to a bit of an awkward start…because Elam was wearing a UK sweatshirt. Elam found it so funny he tweeted about it afterwards:

Elam didn’t stop there, tweeting a picture of himself and Patrick Anderson wearing matching UK sweatshirts with the caption “Repping That UK!! The Bond Between A Lineman And Their QB Is A Priceless #BBN.” He visited UK for the Spring Game last weekend, and from the looks of it, the Cats are in a pretty good position.

If the sweatshirt fits…

42 Comments for Matt Elam wearing UK sweatshirt during visit from Charlie Strong

1. T. Poon Bickens
    12:33 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

The real story of this photo is the invisible man back there wearing sneakers.

2. jjk
    12:34 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Good lopking sweatshirt, where can I get one like it?

3. Ryan
    12:44 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

How is it possible for a recruit to be considering both Alabama and Eastern Kentucky?

4. Kelkat66
    12:47 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

I am feeling pretty good about getting this guy….

5. SiameseKatFan
    12:47 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Little help please…where do I send a “fans of the day” pick to?

6. SexnNursinHomes
    12:49 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

5- Females only. No dudes.

7. Rae
    12:50 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

3. Maybe like Dominique Hawkins was considering Morehead and Kentucky? He would have obviously different roles.

8. Venom is in the Denim
    12:52 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

I am sure that pissed Charlie Strong off. He gets pissed when students around UL wear UK shirts….LOL…

9. Whatthehey
    12:53 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Took me a minute to realize this is a mirror shot. I agree Jjk. Gotta get me one of those sweatshirts.

10. I Say
    12:56 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

I always doubt the talent that comes out of John Hardin and North Hardin because I played them so much in high school, but this kid is already the size of an NFL lineman.

11. SweatyShirt
    12:58 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

What was Jason Hatcher wearing when Stoops visited Trinity last January? USC, UL, UK.. does it really matter? I wish Elam had also tweeted a pic of Strong’s expression when he saw UK on the front.
    @3 – don’t see many kids recruited by SEC powers and OVC schools – wonder why Elam?

12. ETown
    1:06 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

#10 Sorry, but John Hardin won 2012 KHSAA playoff game against Jeffersontown by a score of 47-0! Next game, Bowling Green (Class 5A Champs) had a damn hard time, winning 14-13 against JHHS. Great Talent & school..

13. imnotthefiveo
    1:13 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

I’ve got a hoodie just like this but darker grey. Got it alumni hall at fayette mall

14. WildcatRX7
    1:19 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Nice socks!

15. Hardin County
    1:19 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

@I Say…when did you play against those schools? There is definitely talent in those two schools, but of late, the talent pool has been thin compared to the middle and early part of the last decade.

16. I Say
    1:22 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

12 I never said that they werent good. I just know when we played them it was always a competitive game and they were always supposed to have such superior talent to my highschool. I was never that impressed or overwhelmed by them.

17. Hardin County
    1:27 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Well that’s what it sounded like, sir…what school did you play for?

18. I Say
    1:28 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

15 I Graduated in 2010 from Meade County. I admit we lost to John from my sophmore to senior year but they were always good games. And in my 4 years of playing against North we never lost, Larod King was good for North but thats it. And even then Larod wasnt that great. North was really good when Andre was there though.

19. I like what #14
    1:30 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

teach that boy how to put a pair of socks on

20. lolcats
    1:33 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Pretty classless move, when a coach comes to visit an uncommitted recruit, and they’re wearing their rivals’ gear thats just 0 class. Charlie Strong is a great, respectable guy – no reason to even have Louisville on the list and act like this.

21. Raging Against the Machine
    1:39 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

That is just the kind of defensive lineman I want at UK. All size and attitude. We need a fewer more football players for team no f^(%s.

22. tennesse wildcat
    1:42 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Elam is a GAM! That is SEC quality talent that we desperately need to compete with the best of the best. Wow, its about time we are going to compete again in football.

23. NoelGallagher
    1:57 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

He looks fat enough to be a good lineman

24. Hardin County
    2:15 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

@I say….like I said in my initial post. The billing wasn’t lived up to toward the later part of the last decade. There was talent at north, but the saying “Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn’t work hard” couldn’t have been more true while I was there. So I’m not arguing with your perception of our team at all…

25. James
    2:35 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

I hope Mike Rutherford uses this picture on his daily “News and Notes” post.

Charlie Strong, you have one season left before Stoops starts beating that a$$ on and off the field on a regular basis. Live it up, ya D-Bag.

26. Todd
    2:37 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

He may be a kid, but definitely a classless move if he intentionally wore the UK gear knowing that Strong was paying him a visit.

27. Hank
    2:49 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Priceless!

28. GetOverIt
    3:02 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

I’m glad the adults on this site are calling a high school kid classless. You know, since high school kids are always classy.

29. Butt hurtt
    3:05 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

20/26 you mad bro? Need an ice pack for that a$$? What you u smell fans need to remember is 2 words…. Little brother. You ALWAYS will be!!! When you lose sight of that is when stuff like this offends you. Deal with it!

30. ClassyPolice
    3:06 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

You know what’s really classy? Strong keeping Clint Hurtt on staff knowing that he’s a cheater. I guess someone has to take the boys to strip clubs and it isn’t going to be Charlie…he’s too classy for that.

31. greginky
    3:13 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

So was it a surprise visit or did he know Strong was coming? I bet Strong was surprised ha ha.

32. Elizabethtown
    3:24 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

I say is right. The kid is unbelieveably lazy. He will be a huge flop. But from what i hear around town all signs point to UK

33. rick
    3:53 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

#20, Need some cheese with that wine

34. rick
    3:55 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

#26 Need some cheese with your wine to.

35. Charlie Strong
    4:28 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

LOL, probably did not have a Sugar Bowl Champion shirt in that size, oh well…nice knowing you kid…we will be fine without your lazy arse

36. Goodbye Charlie Says
    4:41 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Goodbye Charlie

37. Not Charlie Strong Says
    4:43 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

I’m sure we will be fine without a player that Alabama is recruiting….

38. Justin
    6:20 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

That just made my day! Thank you Matt Elam for broadcasting your loyalty!

39. FatElam
    6:33 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

I need a man bra. can someone plz get a hold of women lingerie plz

40. NeedToLearnHowToDress
    2:44 am April 23, 2013 Permalink

Too Fat and Too Slow Billy Bob. Serious Redneck that needs to Learn how to dress and get some style. Bama Don’t want this trash Elam. EKU is where this lard will end up.

41. Billy
    11:59 am April 23, 2013 Permalink

Hey if he goes to UK good luck to him If he chooses louisville good luck to him. Good chance he wont be playing football in 10 years. Lets hope he understands that and starts to develope characteristics that will make him a contributer to society and not a drain on it. If these kids se the popularity and attention during this process itcan give tem a huge edge later in life. If they look like punksthen it can work againstthem. Class is class no matterwhat school you lay a. My advice to him is close the twitte account. The strongest guy in the room is the one that is the most quiet.

42. Matt
    1:51 am April 24, 2013 Permalink

What a nice pair of camo cargo shorts. What a geed