Matt Elam to visit Ohio State tomorrow

matt-elam-stoops

Matt Elam, the No. 1 high school football player in the bluegrass, will visit The Ohio State University tomorrow. OSU tight end coach Tim Hinton extended a scholarship offer to Elam over the phone earlier this month, and the offer automatically moved the Buckeyes into Elam’s top five, along with Kentucky, Alabama, Louisville and Florida. Elam has also been talking to Mike Vrabel, the former New England Patriots linebacker who now coaches the defensive linemen at Ohio State.

Elam will visit Notre Dame on Monday.

Article written by Drew Franklin

8 Comments for Matt Elam to visit Ohio State tomorrow

1. gobgblu37
    1:21 pm June 19, 2013 Permalink

Think it’s a two horse race for big Matt, Bama and UK. Kief momma was the deciding factor against us but Matt’s momma wants him to stay close to home, Cat’s win. GBB!!!

2. JKA14
    2:03 pm June 19, 2013 Permalink

OSU is not in the SEC. And as he has said several times, he wants to play in the SEC. I’m pretty sure he has also stated he wants to play close to home. That would be UK!!!

Check out his photos on Twitter and tell me who leads in the amount of photos with school gear on? He has about 8 with UK. The rest aren’t even close.

Come on Down Big Fella!!!!

3. Wall2Cousins
    3:05 pm June 19, 2013 Permalink

yea…cause Ohio is sooooo much further away right from KY,right number 2?

He is coming to Thee Ohio State if Thee Ohio State wants him.

4. 2step
    3:22 pm June 19, 2013 Permalink

No fan base will even come close to showing him the love that BBN will! It’s obvious to me that he wants to be a part of something special at Kentucky.

5. Jeff
    3:33 pm June 19, 2013 Permalink

Stay home be a hero,,, if your NFL days only last 5 years,, someone in Lexington will hire you in a good job. Come be a hero.

6. ThankfulCat
    4:36 pm June 19, 2013 Permalink

#3

Kid will pick OSU over Bama? Dream on dude. OSU will do alright this year because their schedule sucks but watch them lose 1 they shouldn’t lose and the Crier will be wanting to see more of his family again. I hope they go undefeated so I can watch his face on the sideline when Bama, TAM, SC or UGA destroys them in the BCS title game

7. bigbluebear
    5:59 pm June 19, 2013 Permalink

This is your prototypical weakarse, reactionary, and in the end screamingly futile imo, attempt by the Downtown Wiener w/his own theme music to get a return jab in on us. Ever since going up he has had a grudge against the entire SEC and gone a mission to take us down from our lofty perch. Needless to say that jab still has landed nothing but air and now Kentucky is raiding his northern fridge? H no! And yet here we are. Or rather ‘there’ we are, and in record numbers/star’s to boot! Something tells me, like basically everything, that big ‘E’ has joined the Wildcat Pride a lil’ while back under hushed breath. So at the end of chapter 2014 I think we find ‘My Wiener Has A First Name’ w/said digit caught in his zipper w/ the Elam announcement serving as the ever dreaded and certainly necessary downward pull to freedom. Think flashback scenes of ‘There’s Something About Mary’.Actually his attempts have gone about as well as that kid’s prom night. And it makes me smile. Another such thought is also that maybe our boy is purposely jerking that zipper for him.Think Mary’s dad. If so he is already one of my favorites as I also believe he would have made it public if not for the upcoming All Star game announcement. Something taken from coach Carl’s playbooks. Get the great ones early if you can so you play it up/get maximum exsposure and then announcement. Much like the Spring Game which has actually taken on.GBa dual meaning/almost mythical status as pertains to recruiting/helping show the world we do not hybernate until Midnight Madness. Trust in Stoops$Co. as they are just beginning to bit their stride

8. Streaming conciousness