Matt Elam is visiting Notre Dame today

elam

The biggest recruit, literally, on Kentucky football’s big board is in South Bend, Indiana today to see what those Irish are always Fightin’ about. John Hardin’s Matt Elam is taking his first unofficial visit to Notre Dame today after picking up an offer during his first conversation with the coaching staff less than two weeks ago. Those damn Catholics, as Gordon Gee calls them, replaced Florida in Matt Elam’s top five after Notre Dame assistant coach Bob Elliott gave Elam a call on June 14 to gauge his interest, and in turn, offer a scholarship. Elam is also considering Alabama, Kentucky, Louisville and Ohio State, in no particular order, he says.

If KSR could give any advice to Elam on his visit to South Bend, we would tell him to not have high hopes for enjoying the nightlife (it’s terrible there); order the nachos at Legends restaurant; and to avoid any and all females who approach him via AOL Instant Messenger, Twitter, MySpace or Facebook. We don’t want our top in-state prospect getting catfished while on a visit in Indiana.

Article written by Drew Franklin

17 Comments for Matt Elam is visiting Notre Dame today

1. Mc
    10:51 am June 24, 2013 Permalink

Also, don’t stand on the film tower.

2. RB
    11:15 am June 24, 2013 Permalink

I worked in South Bend for a couple of months & you are right there is nothing to do there but go to school or work. They think just because they are Notre Dame that the world owes them something. What a bunch of stuck up a-holes. And to make things even worse than that, the people that aren’t ND fans are damn hoosiers.

3. Lou Holtz
    11:23 am June 24, 2013 Permalink

GO IRISH! ND has gotten several KY kids the last few years! Why do you think the Kentucky’s top prospect last year went to Notre Dame, Football school and the education, no brainer!

4. oh really
    12:31 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

3. Elam will not go to Notre Dame. He will stay home and go to UK. Notre Same sucks anyway.

5. Lou Holtz
    12:59 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

Yea your Notre Dame sucks anyway statement really holds a lot of water! LOL I don’t remember UK going to the National Championship game any and I mean any in football. Who cares if they got blown out by Bama, at least they didn’t lose to Vandy by 40! Holler at ya boy!

6. Rudy
    1:17 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

I bet you’d give up your jersey for me right? You’d want me to play wouldn’t ya? You look better in Wildcat Blue son. Stay. Home. Be. A. Hero.

7. Real Lou Holta
    1:39 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

Matt Elam will be the bethst lineman Notre Dame hasth next year. Mark it down. Succthess on the defensthive line equalths succthess on the field!

8. Real Lou Holtz
    1:39 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

Oopths. Thatsth a typo!

9. Come on Lou
    2:26 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

#5 UK won the national championship in football in 1951. Its not something we can really use to brag about but it makes your statement incorrect. Hollar at ya boy Lou.

10. UKstudent
    2:27 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

I’ll never understand why KSR like to hate on ND so much. There are a lot of people who root for UK in basketball, and Notre Dame in football. I guess success breeds hate, and this is a Drew Franklin column.

11. My fandom kicks your fandoms butt
    2:38 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

#10
    Anyone who roots for UK in basketball and not football is not a real UK fan and thus deserves no respect or true glory. Go be a Norte dame fan, with all that “success”. You have no home here with we real UK fans

12. UKstudent
    2:54 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

#11
    Not sure why you made a personal attack on me when I was just expressing a general opinion. Im from Kentucky and go to UK, so I am and always have been a huge UK fan. I root for them to do well in football. But my grandpa loves Notre Dame, and I love my grandpa, so I ended up liking Notre Dame too. Assholes like you are the people who give this fanbase a bad reputation.

13. Lou Holtz
    2:54 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

#5 – you said 1951 LOL! Holler at Joker Phillips,Hal Mumme,Guy Morris, Bill Curry, Fran Curci, Jerry Claiborne etc and ask them why haven’t yall been back?! And I mean holler! Get MAD!! Don’t be mad at me bro!

Also the ’51 season is not really recognized as a NC

14. tom
    3:10 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

does this guy EVER smile???

15. Will
    3:44 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

Sorry, #10. I won’t be a jerk about it, but honestly…you are a UK fan or a ND fan. I get the whole “root for another team”, but having favorites who only win is a bit bandwagon-ish.

I have a friend who is a “proclaimed” UK basketball fan and a Michigan football fan. He lives in Indiana. Say what?!

My question is, “why”?

16. UKstudent
    4:08 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

#15
    Its just a family thing. Ive grown up liking who my family rooted for. Yes they are the teams that are usually good but I will be a fan of them whether good or not. I sat through Vandy beating us 40-0 this year, and my first time at Rupp was Gillespie’s last year at UK when we didnt make the tournament. The first time I went to a Notre Dame football game was the 3OT loss to Navy in the season they went 3-9. I guess that looks suspect because both are historically dominant, but I will be a fan of these teams regardless of the success they have my whole life. And luckily, I don’t need the permission and approval of people like #11 to consider myself a fan

17. paducahfan
    4:56 pm June 24, 2013 Permalink

We better hope he doesn’t care about which school can give him an education valued highly everywhere in the country.