Matt Elam has scholarship offers too

BQwveQdCQAIfhne

It’s offer day apparently. Right on the heels of KSR’s own Drew Barker tweeting out his official scholarship offer, UK target Matt Elam has done the same.

Like with Barker, this isn’t at all surprising, but still a big deal. Especially with the 5-star Elam, whose commitment would kick the 2014 recruiting class into another level entirely. Elam also showed the world his Alabama offer, but I won’t be posting it here. Nick Saban scares me.

Article written by Andrew McCarthy

28 Comments for Matt Elam has scholarship offers too

1. Neck Saban
    2:36 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

Fock Alabama

2. TDog
    2:44 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

I am a huge Kentucky fan in all but am just not sure what site the writers use to rate the players. Kentucky rated #1 only took place on Rivals.com and KSR seemed to go along with this site’s ratings. Though Elam is only rated 5* on 247 sports and he is 4* on Rivals it seems the KSR writers are using the 247 ratings now. So are the writers just using the highest rating overall on any certain player or team ranking?

3. jd
    3:00 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

@2 What’s wrong with that? That’s what I would do and honestly I don’t care if other fans do the same thing. It’s not lying.

4. CatFan
    3:14 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

Time to get an 859 area code coach!!

5. ag slater
    3:18 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

I agree t dog. Elam is only a 3 star on rivals and 4 star on rivals. Yes he would be a good pickup but they are acting like he is the best player ever. He plays against weak competition

6. ag slater
    3:19 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

4 star on scout

7. I Say
    3:22 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

Yea I don’t like Elam being called a 5 star. 247 sports doesn’t have a clue. There is no logic behind them ranking him a five star. He went from a 3 star to a 5 star during the OFFSEASON. How can you say he has gotten that much better when the kid hasn’t played in months and you haven’t even seen him play? I honestly think it’s because his offer sheet. And yes I know they go to camps but lineman camps are totally different than skill players

8. I don't care what star he is
    3:24 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

If it’s 3, 4, or 5 stars, I want him to come to UK. 🙂 Same with Braxton.

9. Lincoln
    3:26 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

Elam has SEC size. Quit getting caught up in his star rating and look at who is heavily recruiting him;Bama, Ohio State, Notre Dame. This kid is good.

10. cracka
    3:27 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

Elam has been rising but rivals hasn’t updated their individual rankings since 5/21 … It’s like looking at Myles turner in bball, he went from like 80 to top 10 … 247 has Elam as #10 overall, rivals has him as the #24 dt, that’s a huge difference, they will update

11. kyfan502
    3:29 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

People just have to bitch about something. sheesh

12. TimA
    3:41 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

247 bumped him up after seeing him dominate at the Alabama camp where he faced the best of the best.

13. MadTex
    3:45 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

Elam isn’t good enough to carry my wet jock strap after a 2 1/2 hour practice. He will never go to UK and be a loser.

14. BBN
    3:52 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

Nice job 13 – classy – kid is still in high school. I’m sure glad the kids our coaches recruit don’t have to make pacts about not bringing guns to campus. Dyer – I promise coach I won’t do it.

15. Steve Fitts
    3:55 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

Suggestion to ALL KSR bloggers: Do NOT publish either Stoops’ or Calipari’s private cell phone numbers! You didn’t do it here, but you came DANGEROUSLY CLOSE!!!

16. JoeMoney333
    4:03 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

We’ve had good recruiting for a few months and we are already complaining about rankings… smh

17. Stoops Phone Number
    4:10 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

(850) 408-4276

18. Stoops Phone Number
    4:13 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

To those fans that say he isn’t using this job as a stepping stone, look at his phone number. 9 months after he was hired, he still has a Florida phone number. DOH.

19. L1C4
    4:19 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

I just sent Stoops a text message: “C-A-R-D-S. Cards, Cards, Cards!”

20. jymbo
    5:09 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

I don’t see him going to UK, although I hope I’m wrong.

21. Linda Taylor
    5:17 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

18 – Do you seriously think in this day and age with cell phones being the predominant form of communication that a person’s phone number has ANY relevance at all? It’s a pain to change your number for a great number of reasons and if there is no real need to there certainly isn’t any reason to. Get with the times.

22. Michelle
    5:40 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

5 of my son’s friends are playing D1 football and have seen many offers, including ones like this from Joker. Kentucky’s offer letter is the least impressive by far. I hope Coach Stoops jazzy it up a bit.

23. Drew Franklin
    5:51 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

Check out me three goggle next to a polar bear on my Facebook page

24. Awesome
    5:51 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

Elam now cropped the phot of the offer letter to take out Stoops cell phone number, but too late. It’s already circulating on the web. 850-408-4276. He hung up on me.

25. Neck Saban
    6:49 pm August 3, 2013 Permalink

Fock Ala bumma

26. Charleston sc CAT
    9:31 am August 4, 2013 Permalink

#19 L1C4– Its nice to see that you can spell a whole word and even nicer when a stadium full of tards fans spell a whole word simultaneously. It surprised me that there are so many of you that can spell. Why don’t you get off this site and go where your 3rd grade spelling skills are appreciated (in Tardville)

27. Musehobo
    10:32 am August 4, 2013 Permalink

I believe Matt has mentioned before that the reason for his jump came on the heels of people watching more tape on him. Something got him on the radar of some of these sites, and when they evaluated him (over the off-season), they were impressed. But looking at Ohio St and Bama offering him, are bigger indicators than stars anyway.

28. Etown New Guy
    4:29 pm August 5, 2013 Permalink

Just saw Elam at the mall wearing a Bama t-shirt. Read into that what you will. BTW-it was about 2 sizes too small.