It’s another beautiful Sunday morning and as we all grab our brunch or head home from or place of worship, it’s time to spend all day basking in the glow of Kentucky’s fourth straight season of bowl eligibility. And, what better way to get that celebration started than by talking sports with Matt Jones and Dicky Lyons at Furlongs on Shelbyville Road? The party starts at 11 am and you can also hear it on 970AM in Louisville or through Louisville Sports Buzz. You can listen online here.
– The always well-dressed Chip Cosby says that throwing a pass to Morgan Newton was nothing new for high school QB Derrick Locke. Which, again, begs the question of “why not do it more?”.
– I’m not sure if they announced this or not, but the suspended SEC officiating crew returned to the field for Vandy-UK yesterday. SI.com’s Andy Staples say’s a game of that caliber is exactly where they belonged.
– Over at the Merced Sun-Star, Gentleman John Clay writes that Rich Brooks wonders why his defense can’t always play the way they did against Vanderbilt and Auburn.
– The one they call “gentleman” also says UK has what it takes to win out this year. And he’s talking about football.
– UK quarterback commitment Tyler Brause had a big game for his Wynford (Oh.) team. Brause ran for 149 yards and a two TDs, threw for 72 yards and returned an INT for a touchdown.
– TampaBay.com takes a look at three-star defensive end Tim Jackson, who lists UK as one of the school’s he’s considering.
– On the basketball front, the good doctor Jerry Tipton says defense will ultimately be the key for this year’s UK basketball team.
– Down in North Carolina, the News Observer writes that despite all the recruiting hype, CJ Leslie’s #1 goal is to win a state championship this year at Word of God Academy.
– ESPN’s Chris Lawlor writes that Doron Lamb is taking his time in choosing a school, as is his teammate Roscoe P. Coldchain (or Smith). *subscription required