Marshall Henderson is enjoying his indefinite suspension

henderson1

Marshall Henderson is still serving his indefinite suspension from Ole Miss basketball, but suspensions never keep a bro down. Marshall pounded some Silver Bullets, his drink of choice, over the weekend on a lake in Texas before he returns to Oxford next week to begin classes.

Earlier this week Ole Miss head coach Andy Kennedy told The Sporting News, “From the time I suspended him, he’s been 100 percent compliant with the plan, and our hope is he will continue to make the strides necessary to get back on the court.”

Henderson will participate in basketball activities when the Rebels get going again because of his good behavior over the last six weeks. “He’s earned that right,” Kennedy said.

He will miss games, though, according to his coach. How many has yet to be determined.

Bro on, Marshall. Bro on.

henderson2

[Busted Coverage / The Sporting News]

Article written by Drew Franklin

61 Comments for Marshall Henderson is enjoying his indefinite suspension

1. cATSCATSCATS
    2:42 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

Ole Miss basketball…a joke in itself. This is further evidence. What a clown amongst clowns.

2. cATSCATSCATS
    2:43 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

…BTW Henderson, you’re girl is ugly.

3. cATSCATSCATS
    2:45 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

*your

4. Big Blue Coming At You
    2:49 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

He’s one ugly dude. Won’t be long before he’s back snorting that magic white dust.

5. Andy Kennedy
    2:54 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

WTF thats my wife!!!!

6. SGT PORTER
    2:56 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

…and the legal drinking age in Texas is..? I am sure he’s legal.

7. He has to sit out two games, one with Lil sisters of the poor and Bicknel Avenue Baptist Church!

8. JD
    2:57 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

I dont know why but the I like this dude. Cant wait till we play the dude. The game would not be worth watching without him.

9. niaps
    3:01 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

His mom has a rocking bod and a butter face.

10. yesterdays
    3:02 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

First one loos like it might be photo shopped. I dont LIKE this kid but i do like watching and following him. If we were a dominant player, I might hate him, but hes just bad enough that I just consider him a curiousity.

11. niaps
    3:02 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

That is his mom isn’t it?

12. cracka
    3:07 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

he def makes ole miss interesting … i bet thousands of underage college athletes across the country were out drinking this past weekend … this dude just doesn’t care if you take a picture and put it on the internet … at least he turned the can around, how can you tell what it is?

13. Catsantonio
    3:08 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

When does the reality show starring this guy and Johnny Football begin?

14. Blue
    3:10 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

If he is of legal drinking age what is wrong with this picture? Looks like he is having a good time. He has alot less tats than I expected.

15. Mrs Henderson
    3:12 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

Yes, I am his mother and very proud of his accomplishments. I have some home videos that prove his manhood.

16. theWilkman
    3:13 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

Drank so much his shorts are falling off

17. PhilUK18
    3:15 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

This dude is an absolute train wreck. Only a matter of time before he gets into some serious trouble. My biggest question about his weed/coke issue though is, what the hell was he doing less than .1 grams of coke anyway? Gum that small an amount dude, it’s not doing anyone any good.

18. DH
    3:19 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

18) HA!! I heard he doesn’t even like coke, he just likes how it smells. Is that a crime?

19. DH
    3:20 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

And what happened to Tomlin’s post that was up 5 minutes ago?

20. Pookie Jones
    3:26 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

Is he wearing underwear under his board shorts?

21. bosshog
    3:31 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

Obviously a lot of young college guys on here, as you can tell from the comments about his “mother.” That is an attractive woman with a very nice body. If you feel the need to criticize her it is because you’re dreaming about the 18yr. old girl sitting across from you in class….or because you’re going home with her at night-enjoy it. You will in time come to your senses…..or you will become your own version of Marshall Henderson in your 40’s.

22. CATSCATSCATS
    3:37 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

22) Obviously you haven’t spent an extended period of time at the University of Kentucky or you would degrade her as well, and if you actually have, then you were most likely a member of the Triangle fraternity.

23. UKnowMe
    3:38 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

22) Granted she is better looking than the mammoths he normally is caught with. But come on this girl has a body of 20 year old with a 40 year old face.

24. Kyboy
    3:39 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

I really wish KSR would stop posting anything about him. He is an average college basketball player with very bad habits. Who cares about anything he does?

25. M
    3:44 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

Yeah, but would you? I would. I may make her wear the scream mask, but that’s beside the point.

26. PhilUK18
    3:48 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

23.

Preach, homie. Bosshog here has clearly never been introduced to (or was never of any interest to) the lovely ladies of UK.

27. Magnum's Mustache
    3:48 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

Is that an ad for sugarmamas.com.

28. Kenny F*ckin' Powers
    3:49 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

“Can I wear the Scream mask, the mask from Scream, while I do you from behind?”

29. Michael F. Jox
    3:49 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

#22 – Guys that say stuff like that usually aren’t getting any.

30. TNO
    3:53 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

22 bosshog – You’re giving them too much credit. More like a bunch of teenage losers dreaming that they are God’s gift to women. Any normal, herosexual man would not criticize the lady. And Henderson is a very good basketball player that gives 100% on the court. What he does off the court is his business.

31. TNO
    3:56 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

30/31 Guys like 22 recognize the necessary traits for a good time. You’ll eventually learn.

32. Jeffrey
    4:01 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

LMFAO his face looks like it is shopped on in the first pic.

33. Eazy E or Eric Wright it's all the same
    4:04 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

She looks to be about 25ish, and on a scale of 1 to 10, she’s about a 6. And I’d def smash taters, no doubt. But that’s me. All KSR readers bang supermodels, remember?

All kidding aside, I can’t help but like Marshall. White Wednesdays, FTW!

34. me
    4:05 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

He is 22, will be 23 on 9/19/2013, so yeah, he’s legal.

Also, that chick is hotttttttttttt. Her face looks kinda odd but I think that’s the lighting/pose of the photo.

35. PhilUK18
    4:06 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

34.

I completely agree with your assessment. I would smash her too, but lets not pretend she’s gorgeous or anything haha. She’s one where you wouldn’t be ashamed to have your roommate see her leave, but wouldn’t brag about it either.

36. Don't Be Hatin
    4:07 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

UK fans need to show this guy some LOVE. He keeps it more real than any of you haters on here, and that is a factual statement. DON”T BE HATIN’!

37. Michael F. Jox
    4:12 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

#32 – Easy, buddy. I should of been a little more clear, but I’m with you guys. I’d make mad, passionate love to that lady if she’d let me 🙂

38. Eazy E or Eric Wright it's all the same
    4:12 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

#33) We call that a ‘ghost face’ around here. When you toot pain pills and drink silver bullets throughout the day, that’s what your face will look like.

39. mlvei
    4:23 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

Henderson is a car wreck merely looking for the right place to crash. Seen so many of these guys before and after the wreck. He’s merely another one.

40. Smiley Pete
    4:24 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

Drinking some Coors light on the lake?! I wouldn’t have believed it if I didn’t see it with my own eyes. Is it possible that it’s a fake photo? Has this been confirmed? Man, you guys are doing some real journalism, if only the national media would do some investigation on this…we need to make sure the right people know about this *hint hint*

I have it from a very good source that there’s a open and notorious group of beer drinkers who drop anchor in Herrington Lake every weekend

41. Whats the big deal?
    4:33 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

So why is everyone hating on this kid? He’s probably more like all of us than any other player out there. He likes to drink beer and have a good time….wow that sounds horrible!

42. Diet Coke
    4:36 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

He is probably drinking a Diet Coke. I do that all the time, reach for a Coors Light and dang pull back a Diet Coke. I’m sure it’s a Diet Coke, but then again with that skank, it may be a beer or several beers, maybe a case of beers.

43. Carlos Danger
    4:36 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

Looks like MH has found himself another “Butter Face”.

44. michaelgray
    4:37 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

I love this guy, I think it is because of his attitude. Take away how he is off the court and I cannot imagine there are too many Kentucky fans that would disagree with him being on the team. He is exciting to watch because he is unpredictable. He is a person who built a character, plain and simple, that is what he is. People know about him, and if he manages to get back on the court this year and do what he did last year, someone will draft him and pay him money to continue doing that in the big leagues. I feel there are too few college basketball players (and basketball players at all) that actually have personalities that are known outside of the area that they play.

45. Me Too
    4:41 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

Love the guy, he plays with an edge that we didn’t see with the Cats last year. A Jorts type of attitude. Bottom line he is not much different from most college kids, well the ones I went to school with. Play on with that edge.

46. I would
    4:41 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

45.

I would absolutely disagree with Henderson being on the team. It’s not that he’s a bad player, but I wouldn’t want someone so blissfully unaware of his teammates on UK’s team. Sure he puts up big numbers, but he’s a volume shooter. I prefer efficient scorers.

47. aaron C Bunch
    4:47 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

first pic is a chop. second one is not him either. doesn’t change the fact that he’s a douche.

48. Mike
    4:54 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

What a jacka$$. He will be in prison within five years. Some people just don’t learn. Kennedy should lose his job for keeping this punk on the team. What a disgrace to Ole Miss. I feel sorry for their true fans he is a total embarrassment to college sports. Go CATS

49. IsRichieGonnaPlayTonite
    5:46 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

I guess it was White Girl Wednesday.

50. Cincy 71
    5:47 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

Are you serious? I would love to have that laying next to me. I’ve went home with MUCH worse at 3:00 am.

51. Mrs. Henderson
    7:18 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

Dream on Big Blue Nation. None of you will get the chance. My 40’s are the prime of life and only the best of the best get to know me. We are a very tight family

52. James K
    7:24 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

…and he will play against Kentucky.

53. bluecat
    7:27 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

Love my cat’s but i gotta say i like Henderson . Really gonna like seeing his ass kicked by the cat’s this this year. GO BIG BLUE BIG BLUE9 ON THE WAY. Way to go Josh Harrelson .

54. Billy Clyde
    8:04 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

Leave the guy alone as he might just end up as the coach at UK some day as he is heading in the right direction! I would hit that in a NY minute!!!!!

55. Billy Clyde
    8:05 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

He also looks like a goober????

56. monte
    8:13 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

I think his looks and antics remind me of a character in the series “Prison Break”. Mr Henderson is the Tom Bagwell “T Bag” of the SEC. For those of you who remember the show I think you would agree Henderson could be the real life character.

57. jch
    8:20 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

Kennedy showed his true colors in Cincinnati a few years back – he should have been fired then. If Henderson hadn’t come along he WOULD have been fired last year at the latest. They are 2 peas in a pod. Henderson will play every meaningful game on the schedule.

It’s hard to believe the President and AD of Ole Miss allows this to continue to go on…. Actually, no, it’s not….. We are talking about Ole Miss afterall

58. bmt22033
    8:40 pm August 22, 2013 Permalink

I dunno why but I can’t bring myself to hate the guy. Yeah, he can be a prick but I don’t recall him being a douche towards UK? I know he was fairly quick to tweet out support for Nerlens after he tore his ACL so…..

59. El Guapo
    3:51 am August 23, 2013 Permalink

This guy is one of the few real things left in college athletics. God bless and keep him.

I still maintain if he played for UK he’d be one of the most beloved players in the history of this program. This state would absolutely love this kid. He could run for Governor when he graduated.

60. Billy clyde