Marquis Teague talks gummy bears, fashion, and Jay-Z

I feel like the player we got to know the least last season was Marquis Teague. Sure, we knew him as the “bulldog” who learned grew leaps and bounds under Calipari, but what about the man himself? Aside from the occasional rap lyric or banter with his friends, he wasn’t that vocal on Twitter. That’s why I love these NBA Summer League Insider videos, in which we get to know all the silly little details about the players we love so much.

Here’s what we learned about Marquis Teague:

— His pregame meal? Gummy bears

— Favorite musician? Jay-Z

— Best dressed player at UK? Terrence Jones or Doron Lamb (Doron agrees)

— He likes long walks on the beach

There’s more, including who he thinks would win in a head-to-head battle between him and his brother Jeff.

H/t to Anthony Wireman

7 Comments for Marquis Teague talks gummy bears, fashion, and Jay-Z

1. what the what
    4:14 pm July 20, 2012 Permalink

Notice how many boogers he wipes from his nose while signing autographs. Those fans got something truly special.

2. lol
    4:23 pm July 20, 2012 Permalink

Haha, made my nose itch just watching!

3. Athlectic Supporter
    4:34 pm July 20, 2012 Permalink

I don’t know if Marquis has time to read KSR any more but I hope he knows we are for him and all the Cats. Just like proud relatives, we have celebrated their every effort and resolved to overcome any problem. Swelled with pride at their acheivements and suffered no insults from the
    jealous.
    UK did it before you, during your time and long after the wanna bbbbs have left the chase. That’s what forever is, doing not talking

4. aye dawg
    5:46 pm July 20, 2012 Permalink

Love Teague for getting #8 but he’s soooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooood!

5. Dutch oven3
    6:50 pm July 20, 2012 Permalink

4- you are so flucking stupid

6. yeah buddy
    7:30 pm July 20, 2012 Permalink

i do the same thing with my nose every time i have a coke binge. so i’m not gonna hate on marquis.

7. Steve
    11:43 am July 21, 2012 Permalink

I think teague will compliment Rose very well. Two Cal coached PG’s could be deadly…well this guy doesn’t think so