Marcus Lee is a McDonald’s All-American

Marcus Lee will be a participant in the 2013 McDonald’s All-American game, his high school coach told Ben Roberts at the H-L today.  The rosters won’t officially be announced until Valentine’s Day, but the Deer Valley High basketball coach leaked out the exciting news this morning.

Assuming the Harrison twins, James Young, and Dakari Johnson get invites, Kentucky will have five players in the annual high school all-star game, plus a potential sixth from the Wiggins-Randle-Gordon group.  That’s a whole lot of #BBN in one game.

The 2013 McDonald’s All-American game will be played in Chicago on April 3.

Go Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

16 Comments for Marcus Lee is a McDonald’s All-American

1. UKguy25
    3:10 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Not sure Andrew can even play. Or Daraki.

2. doronslittlelamb
    3:16 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Who the heck is Daraki?

3. Rockfield, KY
    3:22 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

I’m not sure if Dakari reclassified in time, but Wiggins definitely did. His decision to reclassify was coordinated by the McD’s AA date. He’ll be there. I think Dakari made it too, but I’m not sure. All the matters is the paperwork.

4. BobKYCats
    3:22 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

@2: May be a distant relative of Jilius Randel.

5. Lee Fan
    3:23 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Love this guy and he is going to be awesome! Wish we heard more about him because every time we do it’s usually something really good.

6. emlang08
    3:23 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Randle on the other hand, might not be healthy enough to play.

7. Since you asked
    3:24 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

2- Daraki = is a village in Meyghan Rural District, in the Central District of Nehbandan County, South Khorasan Province, …

8. ditavius
    3:27 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

please respond to espn’s “basketball means more in indiana” artile

9. MemphisCat
    3:39 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Can you imagine if all the players (Harrison’s, Young, Lee, Johnson, along with Wiggins and Randle) UK could have representing the BBN next year, can you imagine the hate from the other schools. I’m so excited I can’t stand it.

10. Will Totten
    3:40 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

This McDonald’s game will go down the same way as the NBA Draft, basically ESPN running a 2-hour infomercial for Kentucky basketball. And I’ll love watching every minute of it.

11. gajs2
    3:53 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Rahul Kalathia is an all american out of lexington.. hope we sign him. good ole kentucky boy

12. who is
    3:54 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

love all these guys. does anyone know if any of these guys comes with swag already like liggins or mkg? Just looking at them I would guess Lee has got some.

13. poobaw
    3:56 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

it bet this guy carries around a walled that says Bad M-FO

14. Rae
    4:06 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

12. The twins have a definite motor. I think it comes with being twins on the same team. We need to do something to make our recruits best friends now.

15. Dusten
    4:06 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

I’ve seen Rahul play. He’s fantastic. He’s of the radar a little but but I hear Kenny Payne has watched him and taken notice. I look for him to be a walk on turned star.

16. C'on man
    4:24 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Can’t wait to see Lee playing for UK. When Cal signed him most seen him more as a project then instant star. Since then he has been on a upward swing. Judging by his highlight videos he can play, but highlight videos are hard to judge a kid by.
    If Lee is as good as we hope. Plus with WCS, who I think will be back, we won’t need any body else to come. Those 2 with Johnson can own the middle. The future is bright for UK.