MacIntyre says he hasn’t been offered UK job “as of right now”

Previously on “As the Coaching Search Turns,” we determined that there are currently four main targets: Mike MacIntyre, Mark Stoops, Sonny Dykes, and Gary Andersen. MacIntyre, the head coach at San Jose State considered by many to be the favorite, told the team’s beat writer Jimmy Durkin that there’s no truth to the rumors he’s been offered the Kentucky job:

“There’s no truth to that,” MacIntyre said. “Even my daughter’s calling me from Texas, saying ‘Hey what’s this?’ It’s just all Internet stuff.

“Those things are always going to fly. To me, that’s good for the program. I know people think that distracts, but there’s all kinds of stuff all over the Internet all the time. Honestly, I’m just trying to focus on the bowl game and recruiting and we’ll go from there.”

MacIntyre was safe to say that he hasn’t heard from any schools…yet:

“Nope, not as of right now,” MacIntyre said. “We’re just going along with what we’re doing. I’m honestly just focused on that bowl game.”

When asked whether or not he would consider any potential offers, Coach Taylor MacIntyre brought up the fact that his son is a junior in high school, which he says would factor into any decision he makes:

“I don’t know about that. I love it here. I’ve got a son that’s a junior in high school. I know he definitely wants to see his senior year. There’s a lot of issues that go into everything.”

I hear there are some lovely high schools in the Lexington area, Mike.

121 Comments for MacIntyre says he hasn’t been offered UK job “as of right now”

1. Dorm
    6:38 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

2. UK2001
    6:40 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Meh. Stools sounds better

3. Fact
    6:43 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Butch Davis expressed interest in the job as early as the first weekend in November and despite references from the top level of the NCAA he was never given consideration.

I sure hope this works out.

4. Bob Cobb
    6:45 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

His son is a Junior in high school? If the Cal Bears offer, he’ll pick them. I can’t decide who I want.

5. BravoBigBlue
    6:47 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Stay in California, Mike. Don’t be Barnhart’s next coaching hire mistake. Kentucky fans don’t want you.

6. Kyle
    6:48 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

PETRINO! No coach wants to come take this job when half the fan base wants PETRINO. How do you live up to that expectation? If the fans stop going to the football games, the coach has to leave. What coach would want this job, knowing that half the fans don’t want you?

PETRINO!

7. Well
    6:49 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Its funny that all these coaches haven’t heard anything from Kentucky.

8. Reality check
    6:50 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Best news I have heard all day. Glad we are not going with Mitch’s blue light special. Stoops is better for the long run. Kids down south actually know who he is. Mackintyer says he has not even been contacted. What is up with Matt’s sources? Saying they really impressed people with their vision. I don’t think anybody knows what is really going on.

9. Podcast fan
    6:50 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Where’s the podcast?

10. Cali Cat
    6:50 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

I wonder if mary jo perino likes macintyre. She sure loved our last coach, if you know what I mean.

11. Ukalum
    6:50 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Anyone else read this story in the courier journal about a marine from KY looking to walk on at a college program as a kicker. According to the story he can nail 50 Yarders. He goes to uk already. I say give him a shot. He an American hero and a ky boy.

12. Dear God This Is Tiresome
    6:50 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Emotionally, I’m ready to storm Mitch Frankenstein’s castle with torches, until
    he releases the monster to us. GIVE US A #[email protected]!ING FOOTBALL COACH A’READY.
    MAKE A #[email protected]#& DECISION, DUDE! YESTERDAY!!!

13. WhatAreUdoing
    6:51 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Tyler, why are you telling him “there are some lovely high schools in the Lexington area”? Is this guy your choice? What are you freaking trying to do?

14. DC CAT
    6:52 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

9 – the podcast won’t be released because too many people have made fun of matt jones. He is a “take my ball and go home” kind of guy. He got his little feelings hurt because people had the audacity to question him and called him a mouthpiece for mitch. Which is true. So no podcast until everyone agrees with matt jones

15. Ukfan
    6:53 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Im guilty of changing my mind about which coach Uk should hire every time there is a new post. Him and stoops are dead even in terms of the best coach Uk is considering.

16. Ukalum
    6:53 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Heck the only thing we can produce regularly is good kickers and punters

17. NoKidding
    6:54 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

#13, no kidding. Tyler, what are you talking about?

18. Podcast fan
    6:54 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

DC CAT, thanks for clearing that up..

I was wondering what the deal was…

19. Podcast fan
    6:55 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

UKalum so you’re saying our kicker Macintosh is a good kicker? LMAO

20. Joey
    6:56 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

I double dog dare KSR to put a poll on this website with Petrino, Macintyre, Dykes, Stoops and other names, and I guarantee that Petrino gets the highest vote total. Probably 40%. Double Dog Dare You

Matt won’t do it, because he knows Petrino would win. Dare you…

21. yesman
    6:58 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

# 6…. AMEN. Those holier than thou UK fans that don’t want Petrino are just kidding themselves. That’s ok you knuckleheads, we will continue to muddle in mediocrity for some time.

22. Seriously
    6:59 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

20- no they won’t do that. They’ll just post another piece about their favorite flavor of the week (other than BP) and tell us all how lucky we would be to have them.

“I hear the schools in lexington are lovely blah blah blah” what a joke

23. Mikey1286
    6:59 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

12) I hear ya.. I just want this to be over with so I can get back to normal life. Life without having to check 5 websites every 15 minutes for the latest news only to be disappointed when it’s only the same 3 or 4 rumors being recycled. I work on commission, and this coaching search is killing my production!!

24. Ukalum
    7:00 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Podcast fan,
    I’m not saying we have a bad kicker I’m saying this guy is a veteran, a ky boy and his dream is to walk on to a football program and hit a winning field goal. Why not give the guy a shot at a roster spot.

25. Chuck
    7:03 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

I’m starting to believe that Mitch Barnhart is a double agent to KSR. It seems that he’s of the thought of keeping his friends close and his enemies(KSR) closer because it sounds like the guys at KSR may be more in the dark than Joe Biden!

26. Bob
    7:04 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

All of this is fodder that all of you feed upon! I am sure that Mitch is doing what he can with what he has to offer. Just sit back and see who is willing to make the jump to a losing/lack-luster program! 4 jobs open in the SEC and this is the poorest option by far!!!

27. Misery
    7:05 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Why do I have this bad feeling that Mitch is at home under his bed, and won’t come out or answer his phone. The longer this goes on the longer it becomes more clear how inept Barnhart is. With Vaughn’s report on how he addressed the players makes me wonder how this dude still has a job. Mackintyre is a Mitch blue light special anyway. Stoops is a better candidate for the long run. Them boys down south actually know who he is. I’m glad we fired joker early just to have Barnhart hide under his be with a flashlight and lipstick on.

28. Ukalum
    7:06 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

There’s the video of the guy kicking 30 Yarders with ease. The guy just wants a shot to prove himself and as a current member of the navy I hope he gets his chance.

29. Behind the Scenes
    7:08 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Dont you know how this works? Agent to agent so the coach isnt involved until he accepts at which point its a formality. In the meantime the coach can deny being contacted. I am where all the juicy stuff happens.

30. Ukalum
    7:09 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

KSR should look into this marine story.

31. Ouch
    7:09 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

COME ON ALREADY MITCH. TIRED OF READING ALL THIS CRAP ON HERE!!

32. Anonymous Source
    7:09 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Jerry Jones has been hired as the next coach

33. BlueTexan
    7:16 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

#7- Don’t fret…you should know by now that Barney can screw-up a one-car funeral.

34. Hack
    7:17 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

My baby mama, sister has a cousin who is engaged to this dude who saw Mitch
    taking Sonny to Burger Shake for a chicken sandwich with Chesse, so obviously
    it’s a done deal and Mumme ball is coming back. #AirRaid

35. BlueTexan
    7:20 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

#34- He was off his meds…it was Lee Corso.

36. Birds&Hogs
    7:21 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Petrino as UK coach
    1) Cards beat UK…UK fans chat basketball season, UofL fans laugh about sloppy seconds
    2) Razorbacks beat UK…UK fans chat basketball season, Arkansas fans wear neck braces while tailgating
    3) UK fans begin to bash Mitch for their lil SEC syndrome
    4) Petrino feels the pressure to win and recruits high character criminals, that no other programs touch
    5) UK has success in year 3 with a 7-6 record and Music City Bowl bid only to lose to Pitt
    6) By now Petrino bails, quits or leaves UK at the head of a scandal

Tell me I’m wrong!

37. BlueTexan
    7:22 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Lou Holtz was too drunk to make the trip…

38. The joke is still on us
    7:23 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Yea, all the names I’m seeing really are making me want to get in line and buy tickets next year. Good grief lets just dissolve football all together if we can’t do better then these guys. UK has its best chance to get a top tier coach and Mitch will not even interview the man.

39. Blueprints
    7:24 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Im with #20 put the poll up Matt. Lets see what the majority of fans want.

40. BravoBigBlue
    7:25 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

The big bucks boosters need to tell Mitch to hire Petrino. That’s why he hired Cal. Come on, Kentucky $’s, step up to the plate. Do not settle for a mediocre coaching hire again. Now is the time to take a risk. If not, the fanbase will move on and won’t be back anytime soon.

41. question
    7:28 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Has ksr ever had inside info or broken a football story?

42. enough
    7:31 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Really, why is my last comment waiting on moderation? I didn’t cuss, said nothing out of the way. the only person I even mentioned by name was Mitch. I really am starting to think there’s something to this stuff about Matt being mitch’s mouthpiece.

43. BravoBigBlue
    7:31 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

41 – No. They are just saying what Mitch is telling them to say. No true inside information here. Never has been. Move along, folks. There’s nothing here.

44. SHUT UP
    7:32 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

NO ONE IS HIRING PETRINO. STOP BITCHING

45. BlueTexan
    7:33 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

#38- Ever think that MAYBE many don’t wish to work for Barney? It has NOTHING to do with UK/SEC…Barney’s inept.

46. BravoBigBlue
    7:35 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Petrino would get us to at least 8 wins by year 3. Then, we actually will have a real chance “to get to the next level” that we’ve been told about for so many years. A .500 team (and sub .500 in the SEC)ain’t gonna cut it anymore. We are sick and tired of substandard football.

47. BlueTexan
    7:36 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

#43- Sadly, I’m beginning to believe what you say.

48. 61%ofTigersSayNo
    7:36 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Poll taken by Auburn Tiger fans about hiring Petrino showed 61% of the 2,000 polled said, ‘NO’, the 39% who polled, ‘Yes’ were UK fans!!

49. mudcreekmark
    7:36 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Again, why all the Barnhart bashing? He hired Cal didn’t he? He hired Matthew Mitchell didn’t he? He hired Rich Brooks didn’t he? He hired coaches in baseball that have set records. Volleyball that have set records, etc, etc, . Why do you all continually bash a man that made some of the best hires in program history?

50. Reputation
    7:38 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

I realize no one cares about me, but hiring Petrino would devestate me in the eyes of everyone. Oh yeah, and he wouldn’t stick around beyond 2-3 years.

The other guys, in time, could win consistently and I would come out nice and clean!

51. Mr Obvious
    7:41 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

BP is asking for $4 million a year. Do you think we should still hire him when no one else in the SEC wants him?

52. Urincatland
    7:42 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

13 and 17.. The KSR crew is wanting whomever Mitch wants!! It’s very obvious because every time a new name surfaces that Mitch has been talking to they’re all in. Just bring Stoops to Lexington and get this crap over with. Go Cats!!

53. Rational Realist
    7:42 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Kentucky football is like Nebraska basketball. The outsider in a conference that prefers the sport you suck at. Very little tradition, tough recruiting dynamics, average facilities. Perhaps Ky football has a more passionate fanbase, but that just makes them more irrational.

We should be fortunate to hire a Mark Stoops or Mike Mcyntire. And hope they turn out to be a gem.

54. paintsville's dairy queen
    7:45 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Willie,Willie,Willie Taggart Ya’ll!!

55. Bob
    7:47 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

#41,#43, #47. Read my post at #26! ALL FODDER!!!

56. BlueTexan
    7:48 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

#49- IF you don’t know by now…you never will. 1.) He didn’t ‘hire’ Cal (hired BCG instead); 2.) Matthew Mitchell was ‘in-place’ before DeMoss went ‘south’; 3.) He hired his old mentor (Brooks) who had previous NCAA ‘issues’ at OR and was fired by the NFL Rams because Barney didn’t have credibility to attract serious cndidates AND; the latest Cal hire was due to Cal recruiting us (thankfully) as Barney STILL doesn’t have the cajones needed to attract the top coaches. To Barney’s credit…the Olympic sports seem to be doing well…compute their $ contribution to the Athletic Department’s budget! Barney’s a classic example of the “Peter Principle”.

57. Cats in the NBA
    7:48 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Why not put up a poll? I vote Petrino.

58. Joe
    7:48 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Hate to *pop* some of the Matt H8te but the reason there is no podcast is that Clear Channel has been hacked and there are NO Clear Channel podcasts….

Sorry DCCat, Matt isn’t frightened of you or angry at you…and if any of you bothered to scroll the website you’d ahve seen the reason WHY there is no podcast.

59. Chuck
    7:50 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

#51 don’t doubt for a minute the other schools don’t want Petrino cause I’m sure they do. When it’s all said and done he will be hired by an SEC school, they know that with him they’ll have instant success and Bowl possibilities. UK needs to offer him something to get the ball rolling. Who knows they may have already started a dialogue with him.

60. Joe
    7:50 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Why not put up a poll? I vote Petrino.

Well:
    1) Because Internet polls aren’t how AD’s choose HC’s?
    2) If Internet polls actually meant anything Gary Johnson/Ron Paul would be President….

61. Joe
    7:50 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

62. BravoBigBlue
    7:55 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

55 – I agree with 26, Bob. It’s true, but sad.

63. ExplainIT
    7:55 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

I refuse to believe facilities, location, conference, administration, etc holds UK back from a winning football program. Look at schools like VTech & West VA, as anyone on this board visited those facilities, conference games, school locations, etc?

Real winners want to play the best, anywhere within 150 miles of being in KY you’re gonna hit a pipe line for the nations best football players, our athletic program was at the top of the list in 2011…Now sale it and buy into it…if not you’re not a true KENTUCKY fan!!

64. your nuts
    7:58 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

do some of you who keep saying petrino would bail in 3 yrs for a better job really think these other clowns if which is a big IF would by a miracle win 8 games yr 3 that they wouldnt bolt for a better job?? BP is the only coach out there that will get me back to CWS and i know that probably wont happen, but Matt and KSR i know you dont give a rats ass about me and I wouldnt expect you guys to support anyone you dont like but im with the majority here barnfart is a dumbass and you all backing them and supporting the flavor of the day ive lost alot of respect for you guys!

65. universityofmediocre
    7:58 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

That’s the best news I have heard all day stay at home MM. #20 I have been saying put up a poll all day but KSR is afraid Mitch boy will yank their media credentials when it is exposed that no one likes his potential hire. Lets have KSR give the fans a chance to weigh in instead of trying to cram someone down the fans throats as a good hire when everyone knows otherwise ! LET THE FANS SPEAK KSR!!!!

66. BravoBigBlue
    7:59 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

63 – What drugs are you on? The “nations best football players . . . within 15o miles of KY.” No, they’re not.

67. Cats in the NBA
    8:02 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

So what is getting my comments moderated/deleted? Is it asking for a poll of KSR readers, or pointing out that #60 was a stupid comment?

68. AUBURNPOLL
    8:02 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Petrino poll @ Auburn = fans say NO

69. BlueTexan
    8:03 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

#65- “LET THE FANS SPEAK KSR!!!!”

Ain’t gonna happen…save your frustration. Barney doesn’t want his ineptitude ever discovered.

70. joker
    8:03 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

I’m the one laughing now!

71. Joe
    8:03 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

So you are a Petrino fan, not a Cats Fan? That’s what you’re saying, if Petrino gets 7 wins here next year, you’d be there, but if McIntyre wins 7 you won’t? So it’s the who, not the wins that matter.

72. BasketballFan
    8:04 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Who cares

73. BravoBigBlue
    8:06 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

McIntyre would never win 7 games in a season here. But he and Mitch could be “close friends”. So, we got that going for us.

74. universityofmediocre
    8:06 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

67- Its because KSR is afraid to upset Mitch. They might have their media credentials yanked if they are part of exposing the fans discontent with Mitch’s soon to be disastrous hire!

75. BlueTexan
    8:07 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

#73- Hahahahahahahaha!

76. J A Brooks
    8:08 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

News flash!

UK football is a fuc%in dumpster fire.

If any decent coach agrees to come we should be thrilled but instead its all bitching.

Get your heads out of your asses and accept that an up and comer is pretty good considering the state of things and hope for the best. Crying on amessage board won’t change Mitch’s mind

77. poll this
    8:09 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

A poll? Why and who cares? Since when was anybody hired as a result of a poll? Lol, some people r clueless. Petrino will not b coaching in the sec. What ad in his right mind would make that hire? Bp could win some games, but in less than a year it would implode. Ask uofl, Atlanta falcons, Arkansas ad, or bobby’s wife. They’ll tell ya.

78. MHFaulkner
    8:10 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Per Kyle Tucker, Dykes, Jones, and Stoops all said “no thanks”.

79. BBB
    8:10 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

36) You’re wrong And you’re an idiot! (see Joe B Hall KSR post about 10 days ago)….Most folks wouldn’t know a good football coach if he walked up and bit them in the A$$. We are not hiring a Pope. We should be hiring a hard nosed, kick-a$$ blood and guts football coach who pi$$es battery acid and $hits barbed wire! Petrino would hire all these other guys to be his assistant coaches AND all the good recruits know him and want to play for a PROVEN winner with NO NCAA entanglements! Get yourselves set for 6-6 or 7-5 at the top end when Mitch makes his mid-major-HC, DC-OC hire…. Then we can do this again in abut 4 years after Jokers kids wear off. We’ll be saying how good it is that basketball season is here. Sound familiar?

80. Cats in the NBA
    8:12 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

74) All joking aside, it does seem as if KSR is a little bit afraid of saying anything that Mitch would disapprove of. (He has possibly been given ‘moderator’ powers around here, too.)

81. paintsville's dairy queen
    8:14 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

#73- Nailed it! Who needs Matt when we already know how delicate little Barney can be.

82. Lexloublue2
    8:16 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Do any of you know where the word “fan” comes from? FANATIC. You people are a real piece of work…you didn’t work your ass off to make KSR a success, Matt did. YOU didn’t take the risk of quitting a sure thing career to take the risk, Matt did.You didn’t work Godforsaken hours to build this business, Matt did. And since you didn’t,either SHUT YOUR MOUTH about KSR or go elsewhere. nd no, I am not Matt, I’m just a fed up Cats fan.Ungrateful aholes.

83. markp
    8:18 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

36 you are absolutely wrong.

84. Lexloublue2
    8:20 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

#78 cite your source, Tucker said no such thing.

85. MapsAreDrugs
    8:20 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

#66, Every heard of regions referred to as Louisville, Cincy, St.Louis, Indy, Nashville, Knoxville, Columbus, Pitt, Charlotte, Little Rock, Roanoke, etc…Kentucky can dive into several highly populated cities and find 22 players who can play. I’m not gonna believe not a single top 300 player doesn’t derive from one of those regions. Prove me wrong…

86. bbb poops ice cream
    8:20 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Yeah sure. Every recruit’s parents will just b dying for their son to play for an immoral lying’ sack of crap. Remember brad Durham? Ask him. Yeah let’s not hair a pope. Let’s hire a guy that has lied to his players, his recruits, his bosses and his wife. Sounds like a brilliant idea. Bring him in, add to UK’s reputation as a loser making us into aa desperate loser and watch people laff harder at us when he leaves.

87. paintsville's dairy queen
    8:21 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

#82-Sorry Drew… Um or Matt.

88. universityofmediocre
    8:21 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

76- a terrible hire isn’t going to change season ticket holders mind either so Mitch can eat it.

89. rumor
    8:22 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

I am hearing there is a very good chance joker is a uofl asst. Next year.

90. bbb poops ice cream
    8:23 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Uh #85 u have been proven wrong by Claiborne, curry, mum me, morriss, brooks, Bradshaw, ray, etc. For the last 50 years. Lol but u still don’t get it. Hahaha

91. pat tanaka
    8:25 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

82) shut your mouth or I will shut it for you.

92. universityofmediocre
    8:26 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

77- So when Mitch blows it like he will he can’t hide from the fact that he rejected the opinions of those that pay the bills. Now we can through KSR in there with Mitch since they do Mitch’s are no longer are fan centered. Its about making sure there is no where to hide for those that played a role in screwing our chances of being good in football.

93. J A Brooks
    8:27 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

88) unfortunately 99% of you think a bad hire equals anyone not named Petrino. I’m going to side with logic and say a coach who has been successful elsewhere can also be successful at UK. That same coach could be a failure but no one can say 100% that every non petrino coach will fail here.

Great coaches have always started at small schools… yet UK fan logic dictates that this course is an impossibility despite 100 years of evidence

94. universityofmediocre
    8:27 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

*throw

95. Lexloublue2
    8:30 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

#91….waiting…jerkoff.

96. universityofmediocre
    8:30 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

93- not true. I am just sure a great hire isn’t MM.

97. J A Brooks
    8:31 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

MacIntyre will accept job. That’s why stoops, dykes, and Jones just publicly turned it down. Face saving move that happens in every search… Mac will be next UK coach

98. Joe
    8:31 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

#92 If you are so angry at Matt, why are you still here? I mean Barnhart could be fired, but you can’t fire Matt, it’s his website…so you go ahead and just show him. Start the boycott today, right now…

I have to laugh at you guyz and all your bally-aching about KSR, and yet, still you post here…

Please go ahead and leave, that’ll show Matt….parenthetically, it MIGHT; I mean if enough folks leave KSR then at least his revenue will fall off. But instead you just keep hanging around complaining…and adding hits to the site meter, increasing his ad revenue….

99. Dano
    8:34 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Sports talk 84 reports Kyle Tucker said Jones, Dykes, Stoops said no due to agent advice – “dead end job”

100. Paducahfan
    8:35 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

If we were a better ranked school this would not be such a big deal.

101. serious
    8:36 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Do some of you people actually believe this? What do you expect him to say? “yeah I am considering going there” and kill his recruiting if he decides to stay. Same thing with jimbo Fisher saying stoops hasn’t interviewed. They say what they have to say, especially when your season is still going.

102. Iam36
    8:38 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

#36 says I know a coach who;
    1) Finished 17-15 in SEC Conference play
    2) Won 2 Big East Conference Titles in 4 seasons
    3) 4-3 Bowl Record – wins vs Boise State, Kansas State, Wake Forest, East Carolina…loses vs Miami OH, Virginia Tech, Ohio State
    4) Currently unemployed due to a scandal
    5) More articles on the web about him being a risk than a gain

Does this coach sound like a $4 million a year SEC powerhouse candidate that Kentucky should pursue?

103. universityofmediocre
    8:40 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

98- not worried about Matt. I am worried about UK football being relevant that’s all.

104. So let me get this straight..
    8:46 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

#37… So….in three years, a winning-record having, bowl-visiting UK, with packed stadiums, and traveling fans, is looking for a head coach? I’m waiting for the punchline.

105. So let me get this straight..
    8:47 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

36.. I mean. I guess that was the punchline.

106. Joe
    8:47 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

And your anger at Matt and need to throw Matt in with Mitch means what? Dood, again, if you are so angry at the non-fan oriented KSR website, I believe the best thing you can do is LEAVE.

That’s what hurts websites, not you b!tching about Matt…

107. Bob Loblaw
    8:49 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

I’m a huge KSR fan, but I must say as of late they seem to be flirting with #wrongonpurpose status. KSR used to be a site that would challenge the status quo and offer original thought to things going on in UK world. This site used to question authority. I will support whoever UK hires, but this site clearly has not been the site that was “for fans, by fans” that is has been in the past. These suckup posts sound like garbage I would read from Dick Gabriel.

108. StayOnTopic
    8:51 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

#90-your response didn’t answer whether or not at least one top 300 player isn’t from those regions which would be roughly 150 miles from a KY boarder. You’re talking about the past I’m referencing the future. No reason a coach or staff couldn’t begin a winning program and utilize the talent bordering KY as a bonus to establish quality athletes.

Stop looking at what UK has been and start believing what UK can become.

109. Joe
    8:53 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

#92 it’s going to take MacIntyre and his successor 5-10 years of hard work and good luck to make UK “relevant.”

Now, UNLIKE Matt, who seems to believe UK will always be about Vandy or thereabouts, I don’t agree…I agree with the fans who think we could, one day, be at least So. Carolina.

But I don’t think that THIS hire is going to get us there… because Nick Saban or Steve Spurrier won’t come here. So, we are going to have to build to that level. And I don’t think Petrino leaves much of a foundation to build on, even if he were being considered.

In short, there’s no “magic/silver bullet” that is going to lift UK to prominence.

110. J A Brooks
    8:56 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

96) based on…..?

Your football genius which has led you to such great heights as posting on KSR?

Pardon me if I’m not convinced…

111. yep
    9:02 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

85… You first posted that within 150 miles of lexington, you are going to hit a pipeline of the best football players. Someone challenged you on that, so you then change it to a single top 300 player. First, yes you can find good talent and some superstar talent in the place you mentioned. Problem is only 2 of the 11 places you mentioned are within 150 miles of Lexington.Some of the places you mentioned are actually twice that far away.

112. NoPunchline
    9:03 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

104. There isn’t a punch line. Soon as Petrino hits a bowl season at UK he’s gone. He has a proven record of doing so after success or failure aka Atlanta. Why pay big for a coach who has expressed his true feelings regarding the UK program while at uofl? Did you just ref traveling fans & packed stadiums regarding my post ref loses to UofL, Arkanas and finishing 7-6 with a bowl loss to PITT?

113. Readpostcorrectly
    9:13 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

111. “Real winners want to play the best, anywhere within 150 miles of being in KY you’re gonna hit a pipe line for the nations best football players…”

My first post and I’m sorry I miss spelled Lexington as ‘being in’ and do you not consider top 300 players as, ‘the nations best football players’?? Name one of those regions and I’ll give ya a city in KY within 150 miles of it.

114. bobthebuiler
    9:22 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

If Petrino leaves, he leaves. Why no take a chance? it cant get any worse. Gosh i dont understand some fans logic,”Petrino will win but i dont want him cause his morals” I mean are we hiring a football coach or a preacher?

115. Frustrated fan
    9:24 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

116. Joe
    9:28 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

#115/116…you should at least wait a bit before you change your name and re-post, don’t you think?

Petrino leaves, leaves a mess and the last time he lied to his employer and left them in a legal pickle…had they not dismissed him and her, they would have been liable for the creation of Hostile Work Place Environment under Title IX US Code, I believe…

They might have kept him, but Petrino would not, as I understand it, come clean about the circumstances of the accident, and the nature of the relationship with the “employee.” He brings a significant downside with him, besides the fact that we won’t have him over three years, if he’s lucky and he won’t leave much to build on.

117. Fans
    9:31 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Laughing, Kentucky won’t hire Petrino. Yet we continue to believe in him and not our University or football program. What gives?

118. BBN4Life
    9:34 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

MB needs to crash motorcycles and have affairs, then he’ll gain respect from these bobby p supporters

119. bobthebuiler
    9:40 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

So he leaves after 3 years and we suck the year after he leaves, so what? In those 3 years BP can put UK on the map which will benefit recruiting. All im saying is ill take a proven winner in the sec with the baggage. Begggers cant be choosers

120. Joe
    9:43 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

In those 3 years BP can put UK on the map which will benefit recruiting.

Really how does that work, when he leaves his recruits can go with him or reconsider….they came for PETRINO-it’s why you want him- not UK. And UoL and U Arkansas haven’t prospered in the wake of his leaving, I mean the IMMEDIATE wake of his leaving…which kinda undercuts your theory.

121. bobthebuiler
    9:53 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

With BP, we are relevant year 1 and have a chance at a good bowl every year he is hear. With Macintyre, Stoops, and Dykes we have 2 or 3 rebuilding years and then the next season we might slip in the Compass bowl.