– Not surprisingly, John Wall was named as a Bob Cousy Award candidate, which is given to the nation’s top point guard. Also named? Derrick Jasper, who is putting up 7 points, 4 boards and 3 assists per game. Yes, it was a long list.
– There are still a few lingering stories out there regarding Calipari’s Knighting late last week and the great William C. Rhoden (can we call you Bill, sir?) penned his take on the matter for Sunday’s New York Times. While not complimentary to Calipari, he alerts Knight that there are plenty of ways to lack integrity. Oddly enough, Knight is pretty familiar with a number of those ways.
– It got lost in the shuffle late last week, but it certainly bears noting. A big congratulations to KSR staff writer (I think) Bomani Jones for landing a Sirius gig with Hardcore Sports Radio. The show, titled “The Morning Jones”, will begin airing weekdays on January 11th from 7-10am and can be heard on Sirius channel 98. This again earns him the end seat opposite Matt Jones at the KSR Holiday Potluck Feast. Congrats to Bomani.
– For all of you South Floridians or fans of a good fight, KSR buddy Gregg Doyel is boxing former Dolphin Terry Kirby in late January. The match is part of a multi-fight card featuring some former Dolphins and Miami Hurricanes including Mark Duper, legend. Snatch your tickets now and hope the Drew Franklin isn’t training Gregg. We don’t want any lip biting or zipper tugging or whatever he had going on in New York.
– And, finally, get your holiday work week started with a special holiday message from Chuck Hayes and his Houston Rocket buddies.