LSU dismisses the Honey Badger

LSU kicked off its star player today for a violation of team rules. Head coach Les Miles wouldn’t give the specifics of said rules violation when he made the announcement in Friday’s press conference.

“We’ll miss the guy,” Miles said. “The football team’s got to go on. We’ll have to fill the void.”

Mathieu has two years of eligibility left and can transfer, although he’ll have to sit out a year if he goes to another major football program. Look for him to drop down to an FCS school and then declare for next year’s NFL draft.

Whatever he did must’ve been pretty serious. My guess is it involves urine that doesn’t meet NCAA standards.

Honey Badger still don’t care?

Article written by Drew Franklin

34 Comments for LSU dismisses the Honey Badger

1. ktmiln2
    2:28 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

I’ll pee in a cup for him if he comes here.

2. Sherman Minton
    2:29 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

If the NCAA allows him to play this season at another school, does a D1 school go after him?

3. Joker
    2:29 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

Blue wouldn’t clash with your hair like yellow. Come on down.

4. okolona max
    2:29 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

Honey Badger must have had THC in his honey hole!

5. the ghost of Bill Hicks
    2:30 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

I’m hearing 3 failed drug tests. One from between the time he enrolled until sometime in the middle of last season that was kept silent per LSU/NCAA policy, one that got him suspended from the Auburn game last year, and the final one, per LSU policy results in dismissal from the team. The rumor mill seems to be implying pot.

6. Bourbonella
    2:34 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

I’m just glad we won’t have to hear Brent Musburger say “Honey Badger” for a year. That was a brutal drinking game.

7. JA
    2:37 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

I was hoping that KSR’s report of this incident would be void of any “Honey badger don’t care” quips. Alas, they couldn’t avoid

So overdone.

8. Common Sense
    2:37 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

All I have to say is….WHAT AN IDIOT

9. Common Sense
    2:40 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

I just lmfao’ed. Thanks.

10. @line4ksr
    2:43 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

Go get him Joker!!!!! This the best we can hope for. Some one elses reject. #POW

11. dailyminefield
    2:44 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

for smoking herb like every other college kid? legalize it..

12. DEasy
    2:52 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

I HATE that dude. How stupid do you have to be? Just don’t smoke weed during the football season. How hard is that?

13. dick gosinia
    2:53 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

Sounds like he would be a good fit for the UofSmell.

14. The Outlaw Josey Wales
    2:55 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

If alcohol is legal marajuana should be as well. Most f’d up law ever!

15. DEasy
    2:55 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

The only thing worse than hearing about him every second of college football season, is actually hearing him speak. He’s a jackass, and doesn’t belong in college athletics in the first place. Let him go be a jackass in the NFL instead of getting a degree handed to him at LSU. College football as a whole has become a complete joke.

16. Rockfield, KY
    3:04 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

15. Some kids come from areas where their accent or dialect is awful but the kid still may be intelligent. Unfortunately, I don’t think this applies to Honey Badger. I just usually try not to throw stones, because Bledsoe was no eloquent speaker and we love him anyway.

17. DEasy
    3:08 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

16. you might… I just get so fed up with hearing about stuff like this kid, or dez bryant beating his mom, or another gun story in a strip club. It’s just a joke. Wise up and realize how great an opportunity and talent you’ve been given.

18. the mirror
    3:23 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

DEazy…. whats with your HATE, yet you chose a clearly stolen from “that kinda person” name???

so you go by DEazy as a joke, thats super awesome, great person im sure you are…. DEazy

19. Bleaker
    3:30 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

Gotta be a hard drug like cocaine or an anabolic steroid. If TCH was the culprit there would not be many D1 football players left on any team. Sad, but true.

20. DEaSy
    3:32 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

18. I didn’t spell it with a z. And “that kinda person”? What does that even mean? I just happen to think that it is a complete joke that these kids are just squander a college education and an opportunity to play professional sports, two things that most would give anything for.

21. backpack
    3:43 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

The honey badger don’t give a shit.

22. Ponderosa
    3:47 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

Fishing without a license?

23. BBN in Cajunland
    3:56 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

#5 is accurate and #2, he is not eligible for a DI school this year, he would have to sit out a year. He will most likely transfer to a FCS (DII) school this year to play and then go pro. He just cost himself millions in signing bonuses however!!! So yes he is a DA!!!!

24. rawromgmoo
    5:09 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

The Lions and the Bengals are looking at him hard to join their rosters after hearing the news.

25. KyTom
    6:22 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

According to reports out of Louisiana, the school policy is fail 3 drug tests and automatically out. Yep, failed 3 of em.

26. Emerson Biggins
    6:44 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

DEasy, Do you get this upset when a student on a academic scholarship screws up? We have to remeber they are KIDS, I do agree that some should conduct themselves better especially with the opprtunity they are given, but I was once young and did stupid things too. We place them on a pedestal, is that so we can knock them down and feel better about ourselves.

27. BBN in Cajunland
    8:26 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

The BBN should know that he was a “3 star” that no other big school recruited out of High School. The recent accolades went to his head. No one is bigger than the team!

28. BBN in Cajunland
    8:42 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

#25 yes. We only knew of the one last year before today. He failed the one this week and supposedly the first one he took (that no one knew about previously) before starting as a freshman. Sad for the kid but he knew the rule!

29. Honey Badger
    8:42 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

I appreciate everyones kind words.

Yalls coach, what’s his name(?), called and offered me a scholy. Mom told him to buzz off. She said, “why the hell would my boy want to play basketball?” Then dude told her, no, for the football team. She said, come on funnyman, everyone knows UK ain’t got no football team.

30. Head Bussa
    8:47 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

Hey 20, DEasy, I’m sick of judgmental people like you. You suck. I’m sick of people like you who think “it’s so easy to be perfect, why can’t you be like me?” I’m sick of people who have no idea what it means to grow up as a kid that is not loved enough, not taken care of enough, and doesn’t know what it is to feel secure in himself or his surroundings. A lot of you guys have no idea how hard some of these kids’ lives are growing up as young kids and then teenagers. Do you know Tyrann had a father that has murdered many people? Do you realize his mom was a drug addict who could care less about Tyrann? Do you know what that can do mentally to a young kid? Eventually he had to take shelter with his aunt and uncle, which is very nice to have, but your aunt and uncle isn’t your mom and dad. Kids like Tyrann didn’t have the perfect childhood. Kids like Tyrann always have to deal with the wondering of, “why didn’t my parents love me enough?” That is a painful thing to have ask yourself your entire life, DEasy. Also, when you grow up in neighborhoods where it seems everyone is doing drugs it’s very easy to get involved. You have no idea what pain Tyrann is covering up when he smokes, downs, or drinks anything. You have no freakin’ idea punk! So quit judging people who have done nothing to hurt you. He has hurt himself and it’s just another obstacle he will have to overcome. I for one really support this kid and pray and hope he finds a way to deal with his pain in a better way. It’s obvious he has issues. Pray for him and quit criticizing! I’m sure you’re no perfect saint either, DEasy.

31. BBN in Cajunland
    8:56 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

#30 I agree totally. However, he has had the best support staff in the nation surrounding him the whole time he has been in Baton Rouge! He made this choice so he must deal with it. I enjoy being an LSU (will always bleed blue of course) fan now because of this reason. The kids are treated to a wonderful environment for them to excel in as student athletes.

32. Head Bussa
    9:06 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

31 — I’m sure he has been treated well at LSU. The pain that comes from a traumatic childhood though is something that never goes away. It only gets better with psychological help and with maturity. A college kid is just that, a kid. He is still very much in the eye of the storm in dealing with what happened with his parents. He will hopefully learn from this experience as sometimes it takes such events to help a young man. I hope the best for this kid as he has shown to be a solid young man with a drug issue.

33. liberal nation
    9:15 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

#30 – You tell ’em. It’s not these kids faults that their mothers will lay down with any old piece of trash. And what right minded dude is gonna marry or support the chic he just impregnated? I mean hell, he may be the sperm donor for 5 or more kids. And with food stamps and government cash – why would any smart person worry with a job? Of course everyone in these neighborhoods are doing and or selling drugs. And why would we expect a single one of them to do right? Yeah, right! Let’s keep expecting the government to pay for everything – I mean, that’s is what government is for right – to pay for Lebrons and Jordans and iPhones for everyone! Screw ‘hope and change’ – if Barry really wants to get re-elected, his slogan should be, “vote for me and I’ll hook ya up with Lebrons, Jordans, and iPhones, for real.”

34. BBN in Cajunland
    9:19 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

He has had all the psychological help he could stand, and wanted to endure I am sure, at LSU. This, as well as the expulsion, is all outlined in the student handbook. I agree that he is just a kid but LSU, and many other institutions, have to deal with these situations often. Pity only goes so far. He knew what he had to lose by smoking pot and still did it. Tyrann is not a stupid kid, he just made bad decisions. And yes he has shown to be a quality young man in the BR community!