Louisville: Urban Dictionary edition

cal-and-pitino

The game of the year is only one day away. The Cards are finally going to leave their nesting place and enter Rupp Arena. With Jones’ pinky on the mend, and with Georgetown delivering Chane Behanan a reality check, both teams are going to show up tomorrow ready to play. I’m here to provide you with a little more information on our opponent. For those of you who have never heard of Urban Dictionary, it’s basically a dictionary that defines everything that is slang and hood in today’s era… no better place to go to find out more about our rivals tomorrow.

1) Louisville: A city that claims to be popular for hosting the Kentucky Derby and being the home of Muhammad Ali, it is also the home of the majority of the douche bags that live in the state of Kentucky. When walking the streets of Louisville you are unfortunately likely to run into the majority of the Louisville fan base. Local attractions include the Yum! Center (not a food, but a basketball court) that the Cards call home, and if you’re in Louisville and looking for a good time (usually lasting 15 seconds or less) there’s always Porcinis.

Nickname: Loserville

Used in a Sentence: “Want to spend the day in Louisville? No, I’d rather run through hell in gasoline draws.”

2) University of Louisville: Known for their mediocre amenities and their cardinal mascot with teeth… because birds have teeth? Can be summed up by a joke I once heard: How do you know it’s a Louisville graduate at your door when the doorbell rings?… It’s the pizza man.

Nickname: Baby Bro

Used in a Sentence: “The University of Louisville… the place that hood rats, douche bags, and unattractive females call home.”

3) Rick Pitino: A man who’s prime was in 1989-1997 and downfall from 2001- (possibly) 2017. While he lead UK to a national championship in 96′ he later became one of the most hated men in the state when he took the coaching position to look after baby bro. He went from the elite to the lower class. While at Louisville he has made a name for himself…. including adulterer and 15-second man. Pitino is a coach who is more noted for scoring off the court with a woman by the name of Karen Sypher. Along with the L he wears, he will also wear a deeper shade of red in the letter A for the rest of his life.

Used in a Sentence: “Rick Pitino and his Cards are going to get their asses whooped Saturday.” Refer to picture above.

4) Louisville Fans: An obnoxious group of people known for their line beards, flat bills, and wife beaters, with the classier of the bunch being known for their sweater vests (even though there really isn’t a classier of the bunch). Those who fail at life. Those who were the losers in high school and could never fit in with the popular crowd. Those who are OK with always being second best. Those whose parents are probably Louisville fans and failed at raising them. Those who have nothing to live for so decided to jump on a fan base they know nothing about. There’s nothing worse than being a Louisville fan, sane people would rather join the Hells Angels than associate themselves with the low-lifes of Kentucky.

Used in a Sentence: “Dear Louisville fans, I hate your stinking guts, you make me vomit, you are the scum between my toes.”

Come Saturday the Cat’s are going to show those dirty birds who’s boss…. Go Cats!

Article written by Tara Bilby

77 Comments for Louisville: Urban Dictionary edition

1. Bubba Earl
    9:07 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

You have that right when stated loserville is full of unattractive women. They are Karen Sypher wannabes lookin for their 15 seconds of fame!

2. stevem
    9:11 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Stupid post. Not even funny.

3. Another Perspective
    9:11 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

*sigh*

Every single thing here is tired and unoriginal. Sorry, Tara, but have to at least TRY.

4. payton49
    9:14 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

hey tara make fun of louisville fans not the city..half are uk fans

5. snl1960
    9:14 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

wow, r we trying to b indiana here?

6. The Original Amy
    9:15 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Ewww…You have scum between your toes…? Nastiness 🙂

7. ukfan
    9:17 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Haha! I enjoyed the post!

8. KidCody
    9:19 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Drew should enroll in a few online classes or something so he can write the 9am college article too….

9. Bildo
    9:19 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Scathing.

I enjoyed the post even if it was a bit over-exaggerated and cliched. It’s definitely fun to rag on Louisville, especially before the big game. Go Cats.

10. BUCats
    9:24 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

#4 hit it dead on. Keep the heat on the university, not the city

11. Ed has Tickets
    9:24 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

UofL is that behind the refrigerator funk.

12. Destry
    9:26 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Pretty sad. Largest UK alumni association is Louisville. Some of us UK fans enjoy living in Louisville.

13. Space between John Hods jersey and chest
    9:28 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Flat bills and line beards will be collected at Rupps front doors

14. Bildo
    9:35 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Damn guys quit crying. The girl is only trying to make us laugh. I lived in Louisville for a long time andy feelings aren’t hurt in the least. So what, she talked bad about the City of Louisville and you live in the City of Louisville and now you’re all butthurt because you can’t take a joke directed towards you precious City of Louisville. Boo hoo get over it. It’s the day of the big game and the girl is excited and wants to talk some $hit. So what.

15. BIGBLUEDUDE
    9:37 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

when your city is constantly featured on ” the first 48 ” its not a good thing

16. GACatFan
    9:42 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

I went through Louisville once with my windows down and the place smelled like stale beer or a brewery. What’s up with that?

17. Space between John Hods jersey and chest
    9:42 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

#4 im from louisviile so i can!

18. CaTfAn4liFe
    9:44 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Great post to start my morning POINT BLANK PERIOD!

19. Enes Kanter
    9:46 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

You should probably go ahead and delete this post. I understand you are trying to be funny and make fun of Louisville, make fun of their fans and the university not the city and try and actually be funny. Ive lived in Louisville my whole life and at least half of the city are UK fans and its a great city. Sorry Tara, better luck next year.

20. strange brew
    9:47 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Real Louisville fan, https://twitter.com/realuoflfan81

21. Eddie C
    9:48 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Is Tara married to the Pulaski County Sheriff?

22. Tony Greene
    9:49 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Oh, now we’re having middle schoolers write the morning post? Awesome!

23. BPsycho
    9:50 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

#18 Lol

24. Dave in Kabul
    9:50 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Was that written by a 12 year old?

25. saki7
    9:51 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

The bit about the pizza man made me laugh.

26. The Real Pioneer
    9:52 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Joe B. Hall was doing this same thing to Denny Crum during a certain person’s tenure at UK.

27. KellyBruce
    9:54 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Dang guys…she’s just trying to be funny. Quit being so damn whiney.

28. JMan
    9:57 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Geezz, it’s a rivalry in sports. I like to think we are better than this. I expect this kind of over the top hate from UofL fans. But this??? “Dear Louisville fans, I hate your stinking guts, you make me vomit, you are the scum between my toes.”

29. ukfan
    9:57 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Some of you are acting like you’re 12. Real mature….

30. Hmm...
    9:58 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

There’s a joke here about people in Louisville being douche bags…

31. Cal's Gut
    10:00 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

I liked this post. Nice job

32. DbleedBlue
    10:01 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Wow a lot of you are taking this post way too serious. It’s meant to just be funny so just sit back and enjoy it

33. catfanran
    10:02 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

This is not a script to be used at the comedy club, she is not a comedian. I thought it be be classless and offending to the great UK alum who live in the VILLE. I think she needs some sort of retraction very poor taste..CFR

34. Me
    10:03 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Good post! To all the whinny uk fans who live in Louisville…we love u but your city sucks. It’s UofL hate week don’t get your panties in a bunch.

35. Grow up
    10:05 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

It’s Louisville hate day, it happens every year. I am truly sorry some of you live in Louisville, it looks like some of you are just too salty about that to even enjoy a good post when you see one. Grow up and realize if you don’t like the 9 am posts… Then don’t read them! Most of us enjoy them. Now go back to your pitiful Louiville lives.

36. CatDaddy
    10:11 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

To the multiple Francis’s on this thread, lighten up!!4, 10, 12, etc I’m looking at you

37. ukfan
    10:13 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

you VILLE people are really proving her wrong

38. gravy
    10:17 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

I’ve had bouts with diarrhea funnier than this.

39. Jaws2
    10:20 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Lived here my entire 59 years and I agree with everything but the ‘unattractive females’. There are some very good looking women in this city. We’ve always been and will always be a wanna be city.

40. The jokes in this post are about as fresh as “Why do birds fly south?”

41. Larry
    10:27 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Thought it was funny. Enjoyed the laugh. Thx

42. wilDCat
    10:31 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

I lol’d. It was obviously done in a light-hearted fashion and not like she seriously wants Louisville people to die like Indiana fans felt towards us. It’s a huge rivalry, day before the big game, I for one am feeling the animosity. You can still rag hard on Louisville and have it be good natured. Come on, we’re UK fans, we jibe and make fun but it’s well known that we are respectable enough that we aren’t doing it out of hate but out of love for the game.

43. Why?
    10:31 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Why is this person still allowed to post? Awful. Just. Awful.

44. UKalltheway
    10:43 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

If you refer to Urban Dictionary as Tara stated in her first paragraph, http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Louisville+basketball and http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kentucky+basketball, even UD thinks Louisville sucks. Excellent post Tara!! I know it’s Louisville hate week. Therefore, I don’t expect any Louisville love on any of these posts. Come on Louisville fans, grow a back bone (and some balls while you are at it) and quit being so serious!! A lot of people have never heard of Urban Dictionary, thanks for sharing Tara.

45. Don
    10:45 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Tara>BTI – nuff said.

Then there are the complete douche bags who respond negatively with the originality of a third grader – see: #38. If she’s not funny, then your attempt was 1000x as unoriginal and less funny.

It’s bag on the TARDS day, not eat your own day!

46. gravy
    10:54 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Sorry Don, if you’re so highbrow, why are you reading this site? Everyone can dish but not receive? You’re a grown man saying TARDS. That’s the douchiest thing I’ve ever heard.

47. the boss
    10:55 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Great post, those of you who don’t like it can go read your articles elsewhere.

48. Don
    11:06 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

bouts with diarrhea, nuff said.

49. Don
    11:07 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

“You’re a grown man”…ditto, and one talking out your neck to a female.

50. IhateUL
    11:10 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

I loved the picture. On a terrible day we would kick U of L’s ass, This weekend they will see what an elite team looks like. I thought this post was great, and you know Loserville fans creep on KSR because they envy the BBN.

51. Dave
    11:25 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Pretty weak. the city of Louisville is my hometown and it is a great place to live. I am not going to attack other parts of the state. They are fine as well.
    Go Cats!

52. LvilleFansAreIdiots
    11:31 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

I loved the post. And I loved reading all the whining about the post…looks like the trolls are in full whining mode today!

53. Wildcat4life
    11:36 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Love the post

54. HorseCavePosse
    11:38 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

please come up with your own material/jokes, this is a copy/paste job not worthy of KSR

55. Dave
    11:44 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Wow!!! after all the mess KSR said about Indiana fans, this is how you talk about the largest city in the Commonwealth? I’m a UK fan living in Louisville … I get the rivalry! I bash the University, but trashing the city is as stupid as you can get!

56. gravy
    11:58 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

Who gives a shit who wrote it. I would tell my own mother this was weak. And quit saying “nice said”. Also very douchey.

57. gravy
    11:59 am December 30, 2011 Permalink

*nuff said.

58. Bigcaytfan
    12:03 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

I have lived in both cities say what u will I would rather get my teeth kicked in by sea biscuit then live in Lexington any longer and I love the wildcats but let’s face it the city is dead an I mean nothing going on. I have no problem finding something to do or even someone to talk to after 5pm on main st. Even though I still thought article was funny. I think Lexington wildcat fans need to get a grip the city of Lexington is dead they should come to Louisville and see a lively an upcoming city 4 real.

59. UKGradLouisvilleNative
    12:05 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

Call it whiney if you like, but the hatred for the city of Louisville from the rest of the state gets old, and only proves the stereotypes. Louisville is a fantastic city full of great people – some of them even Louisville fans. If you hate them so much, why don’t you send back their tax dollars that support the rest of the state?

60. R u
    12:10 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

Serious #29

61. #1catfan
    12:36 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

To all of you who say “lighten up”. Let’s talk about central Kentucky. I lived in Louisville most of my life and have seen my share of “douche bags” but at least half of us are normal people with fully functioning brains. In crontrast, the majority of people in central kentucky are ignorant hillbilly douche bags (I know, I live in lexington). These people here are weird, and have very little understanding of the world outside of central/eastern Kentucky. Sorry your trip to Gatlinburg does not make you cultured. As Calipari said, “Louisville is the city that drives this state, it is” not lexington. I love UK, I love Kentucky (I didn’t mean the hillbilly thing, just said it to piss you people off, except eastern ky, I do mean it for them.), I hate UL and Rick P. But I do love Louisville. Kentucky is where I’m from Louisville is where I’m from so I did find this post somewhat offensive(I understand she was trying to be funny), but what is more offensive are the ignorant people who agreed.

62. #1catfan
    12:40 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

Btw Louisville is much better than the rest of Kentucky, with the exception of UofL. Thnx

63. Stevie Janowski
    12:46 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

Come on now, no need to make fun of the city of Louisville. I think the city of Louisville is better than Lexington, so i dont understand all of the hating on the city. Theres almost just as many UK fans in louisville than than are UL fans. Just stick to the university

64. Stevie Janowski
    12:46 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

65. cats4ever
    1:04 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

once again….LEXINGTON IS NOT IN CENTRAL KY!!….there is nothing central about lexingtons location in KY, its North East KY, like it or not…

66. John SMith
    1:17 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

Tara Bilby, I hope you die of AIDS, you cum guzzling gutter slut.

67. coal meiners
    1:50 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

is the coal lodge somewhere i can warm up after being underground all day? walked in there and there was this guy named www handing out hundred dollar bills. i got me a few myself. need to go back soon

68. catsfan54
    2:10 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

this sucks

69. roons
    2:10 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

I remember when this site was good.

70. Whiney Boys
    2:45 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

Lexington is a much cleaner and nicer place to visit and live. If you can’t find anything to do in Lexington your a loser or a guy who only enjoys dressing in affliction tees, going to 4th street live, and trying to smush hoodrats. For those of you who think Lexington is dead, well Forbes doesn’t think so.

Get the flatbills out of your ass and lighten up

71. Really?
    3:03 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

Please tell me this person won’t be a part of KSR much longer.

72. UKalltheway
    3:34 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

John SMith, I hope you go crawl in a hole and die because no one deserves to be treated like that. You alone bring this fanbase down. You are a disgrace to Kentucky.

73. UKalltheway
    5:05 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

A good journalist knows how to connect to their audience. It is quite obvious that Tara has “hit a nerve” with some of KSR readers. In fact, based on the cruel and ignorant comments, you idiots i.e. Louisville fans, have just proven her point – you ARE an obnoxious group of LOSERS. So, GREAT job Tara! You brought the snakes out from under their rocks. Go Cats…and Tara!!!

74. bigbluefan
    6:37 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

Kind of a disappointing post.

75. anonymous
    6:43 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

Thanks for the laugh!!! I absolutely loved the picture and the slang sentences, nice job!! GO CATS!

76. rogersr
    6:47 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

What, or where is the Ville? Is that ShepherdsVILLE, or ShelbyVILLE. I always thought it Louisvul, kinda like Pikevul. Guess they are starting to get uppity.

77. cats11
    9:38 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

73. That’s the most ignorant comment of the day. Half of Louisville is Kentucky fans, so it’s STUPID to attack the city of Louisville. There’s a difference between hitting a nerve and pissing off fellow Kentucky fans.