Louisville Hate Day Never Ends

Just because I didn’t post yesterday, don’t think I don’t hate Louisville. It’s a job requirement here.

When I joined KSR, Matt sat me down. Here’s how our conversation went:

Matt: Aaron, we’d love to have you, but I need to know if you have hate in your heart for Louisville.

Me: Of course I do.

Matt: If you have hate in your heart, you must let it out.

Me: Yes sir.

After that stirring conversation, I began to think about my hatred for Louisville. Where did it come from? Was it just one thing about them? Was it many things?

…Yep, it was many things.

How much do I hate Louisville? Let me count the ways.

I hate red.

I hate canadian whiskey.

I hate Thunder over Louisville.

I hate Freedom Hall.

I hate “The Boys.”

I hate Johnny Unitas.

I hate birds.

I hate the word “yum.”

I hate Darrell Griffith.

I hate Tom Jurich.

I hate the Watterson.

I hate the Astro Turf in Cardinal Stadium.

I hate what brown can do for me.

I hate baseball bats.

I hate Drew Franklin’s apartment complex.

I hate Samaki Walker.

I hate the cab situation at Derby.

I hate thinly manicured facial hair.

I hate Michael Bush.

I hate the guy who yelled at Ryan Lemond in the parking lot at Roosters.

I hate the phrase “point blank period.”

I hate underground sex clubs.

I hate line 4 in the radio studio.

I hate Schnellenburger.

I hate King Louis.

I hate Jefferson County.

I hate Slugger Field.

I hate(d) Kentucky Kingdom.

I hate Deion Branch.

I hate the Science Center.

I hate the Orange Bowl.

I hate the Louisville Zoo.

I hate 4th Street Live.

I hate the Ohio River.

I hate Rick Pitino.

I just REALLY HATE LOUISVILLE. I can’t stress that enough.

Hate Louisville yesterday, Hate Louisville today, Hate Louisville forever. Go Cats.

@AFlenerKSR

Article written by Aaron Flener

John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

31 Comments for Louisville Hate Day Never Ends

1. Newt
    9:38 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

Football & men’s basketball, dude…really all the hate ya need to have. But can appreciate your Clayton Bigsby-esque spin on the subject.

2. Tosis
    9:45 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

I

hate

aUKward

spacing.

I like Aaron Flener, though.

3. chubb
    9:52 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

really can’t hate Schnellenburger

4. Fourth street live
    10:07 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

I hate me and my prolific ability to bring Tard fans to my esteemed place of fun. They vomit, piss and I general, defame, physically and theoretically, the entire reason I was established.

5. Fourth street live
    10:08 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

*in. Eat it.

6. Dr. Unk
    10:08 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

Day um, son. I’m a KENTUCKY fan. Yeah, I hate red, Jurich, Samaki, manicured facial hair, M. Bush, the phrase, Deion, their Orange bowl, but that’s it. Got to respect the rest.

7. Bill Brasky
    10:15 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

I feel ya on most mentioned…but I can’t hate on the zoo, love that place.

8. PolarBear
    10:28 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

I hate the Louisville zoo. Why the hell am I in KY, I’m a friggin polar bear.

9. jaxcats8503
    10:29 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

I completely and wholeheartedly agree. I hate everything Louisville (not just UofL) is, was, and will ever be. Give Jefferson County to southern Indiana, now.

10. Jeff
    10:29 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

I love Freedom Hall, Kentucky won the 1958 NCAA Championship there.
    I love Schnellenberger, he was an All-American for Bear Bryant at KENTUCKY.
    I love Thomas Jefferson, for whom Jefferson County was named for in 1792, you punk.
    I love KENTUCKY!

11. BigBlueBallz
    10:34 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

Seriously, I live in Lebanon Junction and will never…NEVER return to 4th Street. That place is nasty. Nothing against UofL, that place is just trashy as all get out, just like downtown as a whole. Anyone who says otherwise is a Tard fan trying to “rep” their city.

12. jaxcats8503
    10:42 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

9. While I am at it, lets give a majority of our tax base away. When my county needs a new road or a state pension is underfunded or programs that help fund mentally and disabled children go to the wayside, it will all be worth it having Louisville as a part of Indiana. I am an ignornant fool.

13. Dr. Unk
    10:48 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

@11. I met with an associate recently from Seattle. Discovered she loves the city of Louisville. Not the Cards. The city: Churchill Downs, 4th Street Live, WFPK, the music scene, and the fact that Louisville is indeed, weird. It was a nice exchange. If you’ve never been to WA, go, appreciate. I know Lebanon Junction is a stone’s throw from Bill’s Still, a place I am very proud of as a Kentuckian, but please realize and respect that the shady side of Southern Indiana does have some virtues.

14. Harold
    10:51 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

if you hate Louisville then do us all a favor your loser and move the hell out of Jefferson County and never come back for anything! EVER!!!! Your moronic boss lives in Louisville and this blog/radio show is based in Louisville… so if you hate this place so much, then get out and ever come back!!!!!!

15. Aaron's mum
    11:00 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

@14, have you ever heard the song by R E M called : Voice of Harold?

I think he was being facetious.

16. BPsycho
    11:09 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

#14 One Does Not Simply

Live In A Place Of Non Existence

17. JohnnyU
    11:29 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

Seriously, if you hate Johnny Unitas just because he went to UL then you are just an ignorant UK fan that can’t appreciate what the man meant for the sport as a whole. Have fun watching your team get demolished every game in the SEC and wishing everyday for basketball season to hurry up and get here.

18. markp
    11:42 pm August 31, 2012 Permalink

Hating Schnellenberger is ignorant. He was an All American at UK and probably would have coached there if Cliff Hagan hadn’t been an idiot. Just imagine if we would have gotten him instead of U of Hell. History would have been a lot kinder to Big Blue football.

19. Dr. Unk
    12:19 am September 1, 2012 Permalink

Unitas is awesome. Schnellenberger is awesome.
    Wendell Cherry and David Jones ‘hired’ Howard.
    Creativity.
    Lawerying.
    Make it happen attitude, plus bucks: they did.
    Hell, smart folks before thought they saw promise in Lee Corso. Didn’t work out….even for Eye Pugh.
    But he is ESPN College Football GURU.
    There are reasons why Howard was not hired at KENTUCKY. There are reasons why Paul Wm. Bear Bryant left Lexington.
    These are all questions that, someday, will be expounded upon. Until then, we are left to keep guessing……or Joking.

20. barn
    7:48 am September 1, 2012 Permalink

i’m a UK fan, but no way i hate on johnny U. i’m old enough that i was able to watch him many many times on tv. he was special. also agree that UK pooped in it’s mess kit when they didn’t hire howard.

21. Nawlij
    8:30 am September 1, 2012 Permalink

I hate shively
    I hate shelbyville mall traffic
    I hate the way many can’t pronounce Louisville
    I hate spaghetti junction
    I hate the way they can’t fix/maintain bridges
    Btw…birds do not have teeth

22. Hugh Manna
    9:15 am September 1, 2012 Permalink

The Cards will give the Cats West (end) Nile Virus.

23. wayne edward
    9:18 am September 1, 2012 Permalink

Neither do most Cay-ut Fay-uns..(Teeth)

24. wayne edward
    9:20 am September 1, 2012 Permalink

A Flener, you sound like you hate yourself more than anything. Go, your mommmy is making you breakfast

25. wayne edward
    9:21 am September 1, 2012 Permalink

You have thinly manufactured beards?? You hate Jorts???

26. wayne edward
    9:53 am September 1, 2012 Permalink

I like to touch small children

27. wayne edward
    9:53 am September 1, 2012 Permalink

Jerry Sandusky is my hero

28. Dave in Bangkok
    10:32 am September 1, 2012 Permalink

Meh

I love Bangkok!

29. bluefan
    11:23 am September 1, 2012 Permalink

Wow, people, ease up. I am a diehard UK fan, born and raised in Louisville. Actually love my city, have many great memories in Freedom Hall and love the Louisville Zoo. Bleed Blue.
    That said, this post was hilarious. Go Flener.

30. CALCATS
    11:20 pm September 1, 2012 Permalink

This is a stupid post. I love UK. I dont like UofL, but this is a dumb mentality to take. Move on to the game.

31. Laura
    11:55 pm September 1, 2012 Permalink

Hey, don’t knock the underground sex clubs until you try them.