Lots of Future Cats and the Coach This Weekend

image-5

This picture (and others that came from Friday night) is one we may look back on and say, “the future of Kentucky football got together one night in July 2013.” This includes Drew Barker, Matt Elam, Braxton Berrios and others, posing with Stoops under the lights.

Football is going to be fun.

Article written by Matt Jones

26 Comments for Lots of Future Cats and the Coach This Weekend

1. Bobbum man
    2:06 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Who’s the skinny white guy in the middle? Tell me that’s stoops kid or something, he will be snapped in half in the SEC

2. RandyB
    2:07 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Who is that hugging Stoops? Who is the thin white kid in the middle next to Berrios? Just curious. TV on the left seemed joined at the hip with Berrios all night, including in this picture.

3. Bobbum man
    2:13 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

2- I believe the guy hugging stoops is Stanley Williams

4. Booyakasha
    2:16 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Boom Williams hugging Stoops. The skinny kid is a 5th grader from Tampa named Buster Shadywood. Runs a 4.75 and he’s 10 years old.

5. Jay
    2:19 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

2.) That’s Stanley “Boom” Williams hugging Coach Stoops. He’s the #1 all purpose back in the entire country and #96 overall player in the 2014 class. He is a beast. The kid in the middle I’m guessing is Stoops’ son.

6. Steve
    2:20 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Every time I see all of the recruits they look to be having a great time together! That is how you build A Team! Guys that like one another will fight for each other and push each other to get better! Don’t [email protected]&# with my brother mentality!
    I LOVE IT!!!!

7. Jay
    2:20 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

2.) I stand corrected by 9; I guess the one in the middle is a speedster.

8. Jay
    2:30 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Anybody know anything on Tony James; the #162 player in the class who has us listed as “high” on his rivals profile? I haven’t seen anything about him on KSR and it looks like it’s down to UK, Ole Miss, and Nebraska for his services. Was he at the camp this weekend or has he visited? The kid has some big time offers and would be another huge get for us.

9. 90% of UL fans in Louisville live in the projects and leech off the government
    2:52 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I see you deleted the UL troll Big Black’s comment, but why do the other writers let
    them get on here and flame in the comment sections?

10. 90% of UL fans in Louisville live in the projects and leech off the government
    2:57 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Oh, and also why don’t you delete those clowns from your twitter. It seems like all of those linebearded idiots like to take pics of themselves in the mirror throwin dem L’s up. I thought only chics did that.

11. Question
    3:10 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Who is that guy in the red? I heard he was a speedster from the weekend.

12. Weekend Reader
    3:24 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt do tou think Louisville’s catch phase could be Sorry? It’s that came of a game also.

13. FeedMeSeymour
    3:25 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Sure hope Berrios had a good time. I’d love to have him at UK.

14. Steve
    3:34 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

#13) Same. I keep thinking a Derek Abney style player!

15. John
    3:55 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

The kid in the red is Dylan Mattingly

16. Stoop-Thorpe
    4:00 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Freaking awesome, 2 and 10

17. DPM UK
    4:30 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Berrios, Elam, Richardson, Blake Bone and lets not forget Moral Stephens would be the cherry on top of this years recruiting class. If Stoops continues to pull off these kind of classes the sky will be the limit, IMO. Go CATS!

18. bigbluetrue
    4:46 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Who is Dylan Mattingly?

19. John
    4:55 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Dylan Mattingly is local kid out of Mt.Washington Ky.

20. Boogie15
    4:59 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Buster Shadywood > Dylan Mattingly

21. Billy
    6:28 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Dylan Mattingly is faster then buster shadywood Dylan runs a 4.5 40 yard dash

22. Linda Taylor
    6:32 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Of the 20 2014 UK football commits, 9 are ranked a 4 star recruit by at least one of the 4 main recruiting sites according to a chart in today’s LHL. My mind is officially boggled.

23. mudcreekmark
    7:09 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Never seen pictures like this in the past. Everyone seems to having so much fun together. I love the interaction between the players and Stoops.

24. Oh yeah
    7:48 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

23–we hear this same crap every year. They like each other! They have fun together! Great comraderie! They eat ice cream together! ZZZZZZZZZ!!! Call me when they’re 10-2. You’ve never seen pictures like that? I suggest you you tube the infamous “Ice Cream Man” video that preceded last year’s disaster.

25. BHM
    10:32 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Elam looks like a giant but think on this….the Harrison’s are just as tall as he is and they are our guards! Yeah man.

26. Question