Listen To Matt Jones

Auburn Arena security confiscated these two signs at the game.

It’s OK, we were a little bit scared there for a second, too. I think everyone was. The Cats had us on the edge of our seats with random household objects flying at our televisions through most of the game. But in the end, Kentucky picked up its first road win in league play. You can’t be upset about that.

Matt Jones will be coming out of your speakerboxes soon with an hour of postgame chatter. Have a listen on WHAS 840 (Louisville) and 630 WLAP (Lexington) or right here on the worldwide web.

If you have plenty of anytime minutes, give Matt a call at (502) 571-8484 and tell how confident you were the whole time.

Go Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

37 Comments for Listen To Matt Jones

1. UKfanFelicia
    11:02 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

ummm was the post show getting a new promo

2. Dave in Kabul
    11:03 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Is the kid on the left gay???

3. C Ray
    11:09 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Is the guy on the left in the show thread photo Matt Walsh? First of all, where’s his headband, and B, I didn’t realize he was friends with Norm McDonald?

4. Bulldawg
    11:10 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

UK took auburns best punch and came out on top with double digit win. #8 I can’t wait!

5. Bulldawg
    11:11 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

@ UT could be another dog fight

6. The Troof
    11:13 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

We are half-way to last years league, road-win total!!

7. Turk-eezy
    11:14 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Did boogie and magloire get into it tonight?

8. C Ray
    11:18 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Shot to the nuts, and Teague’s to blame, darling you give my pants, a blood stain…..

9. Jman
    11:18 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

The level of passion in our team reminds me a lot of watching the NBA.

10. cats1068
    11:20 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Syracuse will choke as usual

11. Tomas
    11:23 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

I feel sorry for UofL fans not Rick Pitino. We as Kentucky fans know what it is like to see our players quit and take a 30 point beating to an inferior team. Watching Louisville the other night reminded me of the 08-09 Kentucky team.

12. wicked
    11:24 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

wtf

13. UKfanFelicia
    11:24 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

I remember this he was thinking of taking them whiskey or something…but did he just say he having heart problems and now seeing an 18 year old or did his phone cut out

14. phrakture
    11:25 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

7) Nah, I watched the game. Jamaal wrapped Boogie up and Boogie spun to the ground, just a hard flagrant foul. They didn’t get into it at all, Big Cuz didn’t show any emotion on the play.

15. cats1068
    11:26 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

With the arrogance of Pitino and Jurich, and their delusional fans, I don’t feel sorry for planet red.

16. Podacast?
    11:32 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

where is the podcast from yesterday and today???

17. rixter
    11:35 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

16, I was wondering the same thing..I don’t see it

18. Cal
    11:36 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Defintely some positives from the game. Decent 3 point shooting, great free throw shooting, and only 8 TOs. Not too upset other than this team only wants it when it’s close. Auburn def on the rise.

19. ukfan_n_cali
    11:38 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Matt, the Teague flagrant foul to me looked like it could be intentional. Any chance the SEC takes a look and Teague could get a suspension?

20. Yates
    11:41 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Matt,
    DeMarcus Cousins had 21points 19 rebounds tonight to continue his stellar player since Westphal was fired.

21. cats1068
    11:43 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Matt, today was one of the best shows ever. It was 2 hrs of laughing and clapping.

22. CoachCal
    11:45 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

We need help. We are helpless against a zone.

23. InternationalPhilosophy
    12:16 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

Enjoyed the show except for the Limpbag promos.
    Has that guy ever said anything worthwhile?
    UT will be tough Saturday but this is the right time of year to be tested.

24. dfdfdf
    12:24 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

Dude, where can I hear the podcast. The one from earlier is like me on a typical Saturday night..blackedout.

25. Another Perspective
    12:30 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

Coach Cal tweaking Tipturd on Twitter!

“Tough road win. Great to see our fans in the arena. Saw some UK students now at the Auburn Vet School too. I think I heard Go Big Blue. I think the game was a sellout too. I’ll have to check with Jerry Tipton to see if I’m wrong about that though.”

26. trublu22
    12:30 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

Check out Coach Cal’s facebook status update abt Tipton. Haha…I bet he’s not too happy abt the TJ finger question.

27. Lovely
    12:32 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

I actually pity Pitino. He just seems like a washed-up, sad and pathetic shell of his former self. There isn’t a spark in his eye; I can’t really see a fire in him like you can with other coaches. His true glory days have passed. He has peaked and is working with a different, unfamiliar generation. It is sad to see someone fall apart like this. Louisville is actually more fun when they are strong, because we can both talk trash.

28. National Championship or Bust
    12:37 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

This team hasn’t played up to its ability since the UNC game. For those of you saying “it’s a win on the road in the tough SEC!”, remember who we played tonight. Multiple future NBA lottery picks vs. Auburn in a dogfight? Please. Auburn, just like most of the cupcakes that we’ve failed to run out of the gym in the last month or so, is bad. A win is a win, and, yes, we’ll take it, but without massive improvement this team will not see the Final Four. For the record, I think this team will get better (like last year’s squad did late in the season) and have a good showing in March, but there is no way any of us should be happy with yet another sub-par showing against a poor opponent. Scratch-em-out wins against Auburn do not equate to national titles, and anything less than #8 is a disappointment.

29. Cking98
    1:18 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

28- right on

I agree 100%. We are going to have plenty of opportunities to get better. The sec schedule will serve us well in getting ready for Vandy and Miss St.
    Alabama will be tough, not really worried about Florida. The LSU game will be tough, as well as Tennessee.

I like the fact that, besides Baylor and Ohio State, we will be as tested as anybody. The big East is sinking, and the Acc is a two team race. I say let Syracuse be number one all season. Let them deal with the pressure of being the favorite.

This team will be ready come March,but it’s going to take a while, and I like that, my worry was we would peak to early.

30. Bledsoe's Biceps
    7:16 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

28) Want some cheese with that whine? Name one team in the entire history of college basketball that played a great game every night and didn’t have some rough patches. Just one. Your delusional expectations will NEVER be met.

31. billy
    7:26 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

I’m so glad that we have some fans that are as intelligent about basketball as 28 and 29 are. According to them Kentucky should have all their games won by the end of the first half. And no offense against a zone defense? Wow that was a super intelligent observation. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! I now know what to expect next game.

32. UK Deb
    7:37 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

28) “Remember who we played tonight?” ??? Don’t you know that regardless of an SEC teams ability, they ALWAYS play great against Kentucky? Gotta give Auburn some credit for coming out strong. Bottom line is that we did get it done. Point blank. Period.

33. STLouisBBFan
    8:33 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

#2 are you looking?

34. Lou eaton
    8:45 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

#28 nails it on the head. Anyone that isn’t concerned about our teams performance last night is living in a dream world. Cal needs to show reruns of the UNC game to this team to demo how far they have regressed…we look totally discombobulated as a team and wtf happened to our three point shooting that was predicted in preseason?? About 5-6 SEC teams must be licking their chops after watching last nights game…yeah, it’s a win BUT!!!

35. UK22
    8:57 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

#28 give me a break! Auburn played out of their minds at times last night. Remember, we our every teams super bowl. We DO have some things to improve upon just like any other great team. No one likes the guy who constantly says this team will not win a national championship. TAKE A DEEP BREATH…RELAX its still early.

36. Cking9698
    9:19 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

30-31 you both are idiots. You are delusional. Auburn sucks and outrebounded us, and 28 made a valid point. UnC has been our high water mark of execution.
    We are simply not great right now. That is an intelligent observation.

37. tangledupinblue
    11:16 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

who the hell is kyle tucker ?