Listen to Mark Stoops’ interview with KSR

Tyler has a fantastic recap of Stoops’ morning with KSR in a post just south of this one, but for those of you who desire more and want to hear the sweet sounds of his voice, here is the entire interview for your listening pleasure.

Part 1:

Part II:

Part III (featuring Chester):

And UK has an official video with highlights from the interview:

Article written by Drew Franklin

14 Comments for Listen to Mark Stoops’ interview with KSR

1. SoKySam
    4:41 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

#Excited

2. JLP
    4:44 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

I’m lousy at judging whether men are good-looking or not. To women, would Mark look as good-looking as his wife does to men? Don’t mean to be superficial and shallow but just wondering. He is certainly charismatic, confident and talented as a football coach, and I’m delighted he is UK’s coach.

3. KSR1080Fan
    5:01 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

Which segment includes Chester?

4. mocha
    5:26 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

his name is mark stoops, not mark stoop.

5. OH MY!!!!!
    5:28 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

Stoops Poops Ice Cream!!!!

6. classof68
    6:14 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

My hat is off to Matt for his mea culpa on the show this morning. It takes a man to admit he’s been wrong for so long about the potential for the football program.

7. KadizKat
    6:25 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

Not many of you on here have been following UK football since 1965 but I have. I have seen coaches come and go and most were not sucessful. With each new coach, I had high hopes that the UK football program would be competive. It hasn’t happened yet, at least not for any sustained period. But like Charlie Brown, I going to try to kick the football again and hope that Lucy doesn’t pull it away. Coach Stoops certainly sounds like he has the right ideas and the drive to make this program a winner.

8. Football Fan
    7:18 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

I will admit I’ve been a critic of Barnhart but I want to commend him again. This is a slam dunk hire. I liken this hire to Cal at Memphis. Just pick up a program out of the gutter and change the culture of it. Hopefully we will be able to keep him here.

9. GRob
    7:31 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

Why is Matt standing and Coach sitting?

10. Bright
    7:43 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

11. Rob Bromley is a Beast
    8:34 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

Sounds good! How much longer till football season?

12. STOOOPS
    9:49 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

Wow, this guy is awesome and to think this his first time w/ a head coaching job…he’s not used to all this media, interviews, etc. Dude is absolutely killing it and has me pumped up!! Can’t wait to be in Commonwealth this year!

13. Patrick
    10:01 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

Great interview Matt. Excited for the future of UK football and the Stoops era.

14. CE
    12:32 pm January 18, 2013 Permalink

Get your butts in the seats. I understand the frustration from last year but still immensely disappointed in the lack of support for the players. Students need to show up too. I thought their attendance has been poor the last couple years. GO UK! Go STOOPS!