LEX18 sends Alan Cutler “Out To Pasture”

The Kentucky Derby marked the final day on the job for LEX18 broadcast legend Alan Cutler, ending a 30-plus year career as one of the best in the business.

Now that retirement has officially come, what’s next for Cutler?

Like many other legends in the state in Kentucky, LEX18 sent Cutler out to pasture where he will be pampered day in and day out.

To put the icing on the cake, he was paired up with a very familiar face to bunk with going forward.

Check out Cutler’s send-off to pasture below:

In all seriousness, congratulations to Mr. Cutler on such a historic career. Well-deserved break for a man that hasn’t stopped working since he got to LEX18 temporarily in 1981 and then permanently in 1987.

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

10 Comments for LEX18 sends Alan Cutler “Out To Pasture”

1. ballplayerstu
    2:44 pm May 6, 2018 Permalink

Hahaha … Ryan lmao

2. Dallas
    3:17 pm May 6, 2018 Permalink

That was great.

3. UKfanforlife
    5:16 pm May 6, 2018 Permalink

The “Out to Pasture” piece was pure gold!

Not only is Alan Cutler the William Shatner of sports broadcasting, how he pauses before he finishes his sentences, but his interview with Billy Cyde was one of the most memorable things to ever happen in Lexington. Mr. Cutler will be greatly missed.

4. CoachCat
    6:01 pm May 6, 2018 Permalink

Couldn’t disagree more. He was one of the worst sportscasters in the business. I can’t remember one news story he broke in his entire career. The Billy G episode was a embarrassment and showed how unprofessional he was

5. kentuckyrld
    8:23 pm May 6, 2018 Permalink

It is a shame he did not retire 30 years ago. If he is not the worst broadcaster to ever soil the airwaves he must, at least be in the top three.

6. CoachCat
    10:25 pm May 6, 2018 Permalink

Just keeping it real

7. michaelb
    11:00 pm May 6, 2018 Permalink

I’m gonna be honest , I’ve watched & listened to U.K. And Kentucky state news my whole life 30+ years. Even lived in Lexington for 6 yrs. I don’t have any recollection of this guys career. It’s a big deal to ksr I guess, not many more after that . I’m gonna still give my respects to my elders though and congrats to his career anyway

8. Cryingtheblues
    4:20 am May 7, 2018 Permalink

Never was a fan of Alan Cutler! To be quite honest he was one of the WORST sports broadcaster I’ve seen. And the Billy G deal was an embarrassment for UK and LEX18. Kicking a man when he’s down after losing his job EVEN THOUGH Gillispie needed firing that’s very unprofessional. JMO!!

9. Saul T. Nuts