Let’s talk about it (Wednesday Show Thread)

As much as we’d all like to pretend last night didn’t happen, it did, and we have to talk about it.  Tune in to Kentucky Sports Radio radio this morning to hear Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond discuss Nerlens Noel’s injury and the loss at Florida.

That’s on 630 WLAP in Lexington and Talk Radio 1080 in Louisville.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Article written by Drew Franklin

328 Comments for Let’s talk about it (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:58 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

So what is the latest? I am sure when news breaks we will here it here first. I really hope Noel is okay… I did see on LEX18 this morning with him walking with crutches into Coal Lodge. I really hope he can pull through so he can live his dearm in about 3 months.

Florida fans can’t sing… at the end, hello goodbye? Terrible. Bad timing.

2. dribble drive high five
    9:59 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Who made that AWFUL bounce pass to Noel which caused the unfortunate fast break in the first place?

3. Travis
    10:01 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

May I please just go back to bed??? Prayers out Nerlens and hope injury is not severe.

4. big j dawg
    10:01 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

this has potential for the most depressing day in KSR history

5. Fake_Bill_Bad_Lamb
    10:02 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Prayers for Noel… that’s my point of view.

6. CTheTerminatorK
    10:02 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

IT WAS HARROW THAT MADE THE BAD PASS

7. Scott
    10:03 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I hope this stupid one and done rule didn’t just cost Noel everything that he has worked his entire life for. Obviously he’ll still be drafted if it is a serious injury but this could cost him millions.

8. D.W.
    10:03 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

2,6 – I thought it was Uncle Julius that made the poor pass.

9. Travis
    10:04 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I am only kidding, but should we partially place the unfortunate blame of Nerlens injury and the seventeen point loss on Drew the Employee and Jimmy who believes in nothing?? Lol

10. AMIRITE
    10:04 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

“As much as we’d all like to pretend last night didn’t happen, I did it”
    YOU DID IT? YOU SUMBITCH

11. LoyalBlue
    10:04 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

6… It was Mays

12. UK#1
    10:04 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

MAYS MADE THE POOR PASS.

13. AMIRITE
    10:04 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

julius made the pass. noel wasn’t moving and his defender was. so you can’t make the pass.

14. L2C8
    10:05 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

FIRST OF ALL, MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO NOEL. WE ARE PULLING FOR YA BIG GUY. BBN LOVES YA AND WE ARE ALL BEHIND YOU.

15. Laker Cat 18
    10:05 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Harrow wouldn’t survive in some of the Upward church leagues I’ve seen and Poythress wouldn’t contribute to a WNBA team right now. And no, I intended no sarcasm with this comment. Just my 2 cents.

16. Teri
    10:05 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Don’t chatter about poor Noel all morning. U beat a dead horse on topics til it’s boring. Some times your show reminds me of soap opera …. Ppl think women r drama queens u got women beat big time w/all your drama. Prayers and thought w/Noel that’s my focus hoping he’s goin to b okay. Plz dont chatter abt this and speculate its a waste of time

17. Laker Cat 18
    10:06 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Also, #PrayForNerlens

18. LoyalBlue
    10:06 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

6..don’t try to place blame on someone when you don’t know what you are talking about.

19. Archie Goodwin
    10:06 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

One thing is for sure. I did not pass him the ball!

20. L2C8
    10:06 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

IT DOESN’T MATTER WHO MADE THE PASS GUYS, WHO CARES. IT HAPPENED AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. Let’s just keep our heads up and hope for the best for Noel.

21. Al's IndiCats
    10:07 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

As much as we’d all like to blame someone or something it’s just a part of the game. We all wish Nerlens the very best and hope and pray it isn’t as bad as it looked.

22. capnmonkey
    10:07 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Matt, the most frustrating thing about this is that its not just a sports injury, its an equipment failure injury. This could have been entirely prevented or avoided with a safe court configuration and the right type of equipment. No reason Florida cannot afford a safe goal. Ridiculous.

23. UK#1
    10:07 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I hope and pray NN will still be a top 10 pick. He earn it. It’s not his fault he plays on a bad team.

24. Parker
    10:07 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

How much better is this team if Mark Lyons had decided to come here? Leading scorer for Arizona at 15ppg and 3apg.

Thoughts?

25. Drew Franklin
    10:08 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Why did that say, “I did it”???? Someone is messing with me.

26. Pimp K
    10:08 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

You know about bracketology, but what about the dance card? This website is very interesting and has been a website I’ve used for a few years now regarding the tournament and the teams on the bubble. Check it out: http://www.unf.edu/~jcoleman/dance.htm

27. Pimp K
    10:09 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

24 — He very well could have made all the difference. We would be a top 10 team with him.

28. Scott
    10:09 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

We need to ask what G Unit’s sources are saying about the diagnosis.

29. dusty380
    10:09 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Why has VITALE not issued best wishes or get well soon or prayers? Had this been a Plumlee, he would have already started the P-Foundation!!!

30. Pikeville25
    10:10 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I’ve cried all morning. Not because we lost him for the season but because he’s a great kid. Visits kids in need on his own time, I wish it all was a nightmare. Love u Nerlens!

31. Houston Wildcat
    10:10 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I Heart Radio not working….

32. L2C8
    10:10 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Noel is SUCH a great kid, he spends his down time with kids that look up to him, he has such a big heart, that is why it is hard for me to see this happen to him. He is a GREAT kid and a GREAT player.

33. G-Unit
    10:10 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Know many ppl just wanna talk about Noel but good news on football recruiting front:

Braylon Heard (56th best player in 2010, 5th best RB in nation)has been granted his release from Nebraska. However, Nebraska has included a conditional release to any school but Kentucky… lol Think they got some sour grapes over McWilson… Kid had 52 carries for almost 400yds… an Avg of 6.7 yds a carry…and many think he ultimately lands at UK.

When would you ever think Nebraska football would be worried about Kentucky lol….

34. Courtney
    10:11 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

This just shouldn’t have happened, he plays with heart, and determination. Praying for his outcome to be better than we all anticipate it to be.

35. Pimp K
    10:11 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Nerlens will recover. These things happen. He will make it back. He is a strong kid who is extremely hard-working. Those types of people make full recoveries with such things.

36. Porcino's
    10:11 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Where’s the widget? Some of us are behind firewalls and Iheart and wkjk are both blocked by it, and the widget is the only way we can listen…

37. Tucky
    10:12 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I hate radio sucks

38. CvilleWildcat
    10:12 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

UK has been fortunate that the injury bug hasn’t hit since Cal has been here until now. Last major injury was PPat. Horrible that it happened to Nerlens. Does so much off the court for the less fortunate. Now we need to return the favor to him.

39. robuk
    10:12 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Look I have had a severe knee injury and knew within hours what it was and how bad it was. This stuff about not knowing is pure lies. UK knows and if they want to share it they will. Believe me Nerlens momma knows. So we wait which is fine but don’t believe that for one second “they” do not know the extent of the injury. Pray for Nerlens.

40. Laker Cat 18
    10:13 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

33. That’s hilarious. I never thought I’d see something like that in my lifetime with UK football using intimidation as a recruiting factor.

41. inlinefor9
    10:13 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Alright can we just not start Goodwin anymore? In Cal’s own terms, he is a SELFISH Mother_______! AND he could care less about being a part of the team. He’s getting near the Daniel Orton level for me. I mean at least Poythress is trying, but is just soft. Goodwin just is like F U Cal, I’m smarter than you and I’m gonna chuck this ball up while my teammates are open and I’m falling backwards toward the basket.

42. G-Unit
    10:13 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

it was the equivalent of Marcus Lattimore when he hurt his knee again

43. Scott
    10:14 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I know the one year rule is the one year rule but that doesn’t make it right. There are very few kids who could even go to the league out of high school. In this case, at this school, at this time, it may have cost a great young man millions. This is an opportunity to write the NBA players rep and point out what this rule has done. I pray that Noel will have a speedy recovery.

44. CvilleWildcat
    10:14 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

At this point in the season, what does he do? If it is a major injury, this late in the season, what happens next? Would a team draft him? Does he rehab and play college again?

45. Smitty
    10:14 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

41. I had no problem with him last night. He was at least TRYING to do something offensively! The offense looked terrible

46. UKTanya1
    10:14 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Matt, can you talk about the comment that Archie Goodwin made on the news, he doesn’t watch college basketball, because it doesn’t interest him??? What does that even mean? We have Marshall Henderson watching, obviously and other players. I think Archie needs to be watching more, maybe he would know what a charge is! or a pass! or anything to do with basketball. pathetic on his part…..

47. Parker
    10:15 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

#27 I think so so. We all know that we couldn’t have landed Shabazz beause of Adidas, but it really makes me wonder what this team could/would have been with Mark Lyons.

48. Big Mike
    10:15 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Is there any positive feeling that he’s on crutches and can put weight on it somewhat instead of getting off the bus in a wheelchair?

49. Justin
    10:15 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Hopefully Nerlens will be ok. Is there any chance thy this could sort of rally the rest of the team? They need something to..

50. azzie
    10:15 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Am I out of line, but Did Ryan Harrell have an attitude with Cal last night ?

51. twnky
    10:15 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

our d rotation was god awful last night. prayers to nn

52. Nope
    10:16 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Does anyone keep stats on how many times a player gets their shot blocked? Goodwin has to lead the country…

53. Laker Cat 18
    10:16 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

50. You’re way out of line. Harrell? C’mon man.

54. MrPasley
    10:16 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

So much for the old guy that got the free tickets being good luck.

55. JBazz
    10:17 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

OK, Matt, you think Nerlens is out for the year, so how many more wins do we get? Over or under 2.5?

56. ThankYouLord
    10:17 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Per Andy Katz, no break or fracture in his knee, still waiting on MRI.

57. robuk
    10:17 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Anyone notice late in the game when Poythress tried to take it to the hoop and “actually bounced” off a couple fla players like he hit an invisible force-field? I had to rewind it over and over in disbelief.

58. inlinefor9
    10:17 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

#45 he never played within the offense. There’s trying and there’s making simple passes for wide open layups or 3 pt attempts. When he attacks he buries his head and gives up on his team. I’m happy to see players attack and TRY, but when doing so causes you to blow off your team and make terrible decisions, well then it’s detrimental to the tema.

59. OSCAR'S DIAPER
    10:17 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Any chance we could do a knee replacement and give him Goodwin’s?

60. Travis
    10:18 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Quick question for the show thread…What has been the worst sports injury you have witnessed in person or live tv?

61. robuk
    10:18 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

50..Ryan was definitely giving Cal some lip…I saw it.

62. Mark
    10:18 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

If Nerlens is out for the season, Willie will get a LOT more playing time. Any chance it increases his chances of leaving early?

63. Scott
    10:19 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Thanks for the update Matt!

64. JR Ewing
    10:19 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Best wishes to Nerlens Noel!

65. Cats
    10:19 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Noel should have taped a cheetah to his back

66. L2C8
    10:19 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

The power of BBN can pull Noel through this. #WEAREUK

67. Pimp K
    10:19 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

50 – HARROW certainly gave Cal a little attitude, but that’s nothing new with Coach Cal and his players. He is the type of coach in that he somewhat allows his players to go back and forth with him.

68. Radtech
    10:20 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

A break is a fracture. They are not 2 different things.

69. inlinefor9
    10:20 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

#59 HA, no. Goodwin doesn’t give anything away.

70. robuk
    10:20 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

60 Joe Theissman when his leg went “SNAP” gruesome!!

71. G-Unit
    10:21 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I dono if I agree with all this Goodwin is a selfish mother effer, I think he just cannot slow the game down…like when he got that loose ball and it was 3 on 1 and got the charge call…he wasnt thinking “i want mine, im gettin 2 points”….its more of a panic not selfishness… he cant slow the game down in that instance and say “ok what is the defense giving me? He is shading Nerlens so I need to dump it to Mays…”

72. CTheTerminatorK
    10:21 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

11) I know it was Mays just Making fun of Harrow because he’s the soft’s on team , I knew we weren’t going to repeat day one It also looks like my projected National champion will be right too which it was a 14 seeded Cinderella team like for Norfolk st you get what I’m saying Nerlans will come back next year for one reason pride and BBN he won’t know how long it will take for him to be ready to play an NBA & teams won’t pay an injured player 3.5 m a year just won’t with this new CBA that forces teams to spend more $ on value rather then luxury and he needs to develop the rest of his of visible game and next year he could provide leadership and experience right away . he wants to leave on his own terms not The media’s or our’s but his and his family’s treks and he will feel like he had to do this for himself and UK he will feel he owes that much!

73. Scott
    10:21 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I wanna know where the heck Jimmy is. Not only did we not lose but our best player got hurt. If that’s a good luck charm I’ll take the cheerleader next time.

74. UK2K
    10:21 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Breaking his leg would be better than tearing his ACL/LCL/MCL

75. Bald Guy
    10:21 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Nerlens, get healed up BBN is behind you sir! The rest of the team will be joining us again next season briefly if I had to guess but will Archie and Poythress transfer once these HS kids come in and come in and dominate them. We are not good this year but its okay folks… we haven’t watched the wrinkles come out of our new banner yet and football is exciting again. Life is good… God, please watch over Nerlens

76. One person I know can relate to Noel right now: Sam Bowie (sorry if you guys already mentioned that…I was just able to tune in).

77. BigRush
    10:21 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

No break seemed pretty obvious by the picture of him on crutches. When I broke my leg I was wheelchair only. Couldn’t even straighten my leg…

78. L2C8
    10:22 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

The way they played, is not important to me. I could careless, My only wish is that NOEL is ok, and this doesn’t affect his career any. He deserves to be the #1 pick, he deserves to play for a LONG time in the league.

79. mike
    10:22 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Harrow had TWO turnovers Matt, not Four.

80. Jax Teller
    10:22 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Matt maybe choose better wording to Johnny Short next time. “Tough to see the injury to Noel, wasn’t it Johnny?”

81. Go deep
    10:22 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

What’s up with decourcey’s “for the record” qualifier?

82. Rod in NC
    10:23 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Matt–Does Poythree have trouble exploding to the rim? Didn’t I hear Cal say in an interview that Poythress could not dunk off one leg when he arrived? He does not seem to get much lift. Is that being timid, or a strenth problem, or a technique problem?

83. robuk
    10:23 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

# what do we do with out nerlens? We lose, and lose bad.

84. BlueRev
    10:23 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Looking back on Nerlens injury I was surprised and concerned that UF didn’t appear to have medical/paramedical/rescue squad personnel in the arena…so Nerlens gets carried off the court by his own team…really… where’s the stretcher, the medics, the arena medical equipment x-ray etc. I would expect a premiere BB program like UF to be better prepared for such medical emergencies. Perhaps they were and the ESPN audience I was part of didn’t see it?? Are UK/Rupp Arena better prepared for medical such emergencies? Prayers for Nerlens and everyone on/around the team.

85. Waiting
    10:23 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Why so slow on the diagnosis? No MRI yet?

86. wb
    10:24 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

He blew his ACL & MCL, is what I heard read on MM site.

87. mike
    10:24 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Fracture and Break are the same thing.

88. chris in la
    10:24 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I would be very surprised if he didn’t tear his MCL which will show on MRI better than x ray

89. Travis
    10:24 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I hated Scottie Wilbekin last night. He just looks like a punk and had a few tats…even the neck tat. I did not know if I should look at him or read him. Lol

90. Delaney Hanley
    10:24 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

The curse of the Bambino has now been replaced by the curse of Jimmy he never should have won the tickets.

91. NOEL
    10:24 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Really wishing the best for NOEL to make a recovery! BBN is behind him. Another topic I would rather have John hood in the game the poythress! HE is so soft and doesn’t want to work

92. DRoseInjury
    10:24 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Derrick tore his ACL. He didn’t break any bones.

93. Big Mike
    10:24 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

This is what pissed me off today. I like Tom Leach but when he did his stupid Cheddar’s endorsement thing, he said: So if you’re getting together today to talk about the Noel injury with friends or whatever, Cheddar’s is great, makes 84% of their food from scratch, blah, blah, blah. How can he possibly tie in that injury with his Cheddar’s thing. That’s bullshit and Tom should know better.

94. Jax Teller
    10:24 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Noel is a top 5 pick regardless. He’s not coming back.

95. Dinner Bell
    10:25 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Harrow had two turnovers last night, not four like Matt keeps saying. It was bad enough, no need to pile on.

96. UK2K
    10:25 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

How is Andy Katz getting info before Matt or any other local media

97. Scott
    10:26 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Matt, He should have never been forced to play college ball in the first place.

98. Darrell
    10:26 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

The majority of the fans last night were respectable. Although I would like to bring to mind the first words I heard when Noel went down “GOOD I HOPE IS IS OUT FOR THE SEASON”. So I turned around in my seat(sec 2 seat 31) and all I could do was look the Lady(?) who said it and shake my head? Thanks Lady(?) real CLASSY! #gobigblue #classlesuffan

99. clint
    10:26 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

96 – Katz is Cal’s go-to national guy

100. inlinefor9
    10:27 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

This feels like the longest wait for a diagnosis of an injury. Not mad at docs or anything, but how long does it typically take to make a diagnosis of the injury?

101. Travis
    10:27 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

“If they have that kid (Noel), good grief they will win every game by 70.” – Matt

Shit Said On KSR

102. Pimp K
    10:27 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

86 — Is it just me or is it totally obvious that Mark Maggard just makes educated guesses at things regarding UK sports?

103. JBazz
    10:28 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Remember Kyrie Irving was hurt at Duke and still went #1. Injury may not have been as serious as Nerlens’, but still cost him a ton of games.

104. CvilleWildcat
    10:28 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Poythress was jawing big time at the bench. Not sure if he was yelling back at Cal or what.

105. elkcity2224
    10:29 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Dr. James Andrews poops ice cream

106. ThankfulCat
    10:29 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

#102

Maggard? Educated?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

107. Karen
    10:29 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Per Tom Leach’s site yesterday: The head orthopedic surgeon for UK, Dr. Darren Johnson is one of the best ortho surgeons in the nation.

108. dusty380
    10:29 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

102 – even more odd that he always has A ‘source’ in every situation that ONLY talks to him?

109. Jacob Adam Brooks
    10:29 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

LMAO

I’m sorry but Maggard is a joke. Why do people continue to listen to that fool?

First his “sources” were sure it was a ruptured pateller tendon

Then his “sources” confirmed it was an MCL ACL tear…

Stop listening to that fool and wait for the official

110. robuk
    10:29 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Slap nuts..call of the day!

111. adam
    10:29 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Dr. James Andrews once told me that what God gave me was good bu what he could give me was better in regards to Tommy John surgery.

112. Scott
    10:29 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

How do you relate this injury to getting Goodwin to pass the ball?

113. ryan
    10:30 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Laker Cat 18 – you gonna be at the 8th grade state basketball tournament at KBA this weekend? I’m doing PA for the championship game again

114. inlinefor9
    10:30 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I honestly don’t want to hear Slapnuts on the radio today.

115. Dinner Bell
    10:30 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

#101, agreed. Matt keeps saying next years top-ranked class will be invincible. Wasn’t this class top-ranked? pretty sure it was and nothing is guaranteed.

116. dusty380
    10:30 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

105 – bring him on then (just avoid the rocky road)

117. G-Unit
    10:31 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I love my cats but the bottom line is this team just is NOT good.

Cal’s Team Makeup Needs:

PG- Need a tall PG, long, fairly quick, strong with a high basketball IQ

SG- Need a taller SG, fairly quick and can consistently make the outside shot

SF- (Most Important), Need a 6’6/6’7 guy that is extremely athletic and can defend 3 positions. Defensive stopper, Slasher, High Motor, Rebounder.

PF/C- Big guys that are very athletic, shot blockers, play above the rim

UK has none of those, Ryan is too small and soft, Mays is too short,slow,defensive liability and too streaky of a shooter, Poythress is just Poythress, Kyle is a defensive liability and not a good rebounder, Nerlens fits his part but that is it. Those bigs have absolutely no post game at all. Generally what kills this team is their lack of basketball IQ, with all 3 previous teams, when plays broke down, they had the IQ to keep playing and make something happen. This team does not have that, not at all.

just keepin it real.

118. Wes
    10:31 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I am glad to hear that he has no fractures but I would be more concerned of ligament tears at this point. Hoping for the best.

119. Robukpt
    10:31 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Just do you know guys: a fracture and a break are the same thing.

120. Scott
    10:32 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Dr. James Andrews office is Bedazzled

121. DrSayre
    10:32 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Does anyone else think that Bob Hook sounds like Bob Vance from The Office?

122. Nick
    10:32 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Kenyon Martin tore his ACL late in the season and was still taken #1 in the draft

123. Pimp K
    10:32 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

100 — You gotta realize that the team got back late last night. Nerlens was probably given some time to go to sleep and is probably just now getting an MRI and evaluation of the knee.

124. FrankTheTank
    10:32 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Matt,
    Please comment on today’s show about the fact that “adversity reveals a man’s true character”. It is so incredibly disappointing to me to see how some of our fans are reacting to this adversity. Lashing out at the other members of the team etc.
    Right now, everyone truly just needs to focus on praying for Nerlens. I’m sure he would not want people bashing on his teammates. Our fans should respect that and give some serious thought as to what their reaction to this adversity has revealed about their own character!!
    NERLENS, WE ARE ALL PRAYING FOR YOU BIG DAWG. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!!

125. CATandMONKEY
    10:33 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Barrister Jones,
    Your sincere concern for these players as PEOPLE is on full display this morning . Naysayers should stay away today. The support these players receive from and through KSR is encouraging ..
    Keep up the great work!
    Best to Nerlens from BBN,, Etown chapter, home of the now one-year-old remodeled Shoneys

126. justsayin
    10:33 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

scott, you seriously think NN would have done anything more than ride the pine in the nba and bounce back and forth with the D league for reps? He was not ready for the pros. 99% of the kids that ‘think’ they are ready for the pros are not, and many will fall by the wayside. The one year rule, which should be more, is the NBA’s way of helping to weed out the top players and further develop them for the pros. We are their development league and oh, along the way they pick up as much free education as they like. Also, hanging out in college with kids your own age tends to help with emotional development as well.

So this appears to be a bad injury but those are the risks in any sport, anytime. He’ll bounce back and when he is healthy the pros will be there for him.

127. Travis
    10:33 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Patrick Young is a grown – ass man. He looks like he is in his mid- twenties.

128. ThankfulCat
    10:33 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

#123 My kid saw WCS on campus this morning going to class

129. Drew
    10:33 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

RE: Insurance for players. Athletes are allowed to pay for the disability insurance policies through an interest free loan, so they don’t actually have to have the money for it.

130. Scott
    10:34 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

There won’t be any bad passes from Goodwin

131. Porcino's
    10:34 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Hate to harp, but where’s the damn widget?!? Don’t make me listen to Dan Patrick…

132. El Gato
    10:34 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

#60 Napolean McCallum’s knee injury on September 5, 1994, Raiders vs 49ers on MNF. Right up there with Theisman’s injury. Eduardo da Silva’s broken leg, Arsenal vs. Birmingham on 23 Feb 2008. I almost threw up.

133. NYCWildcat
    10:34 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Noel will bounce back and be a success. I have no doubt in my mind. If that was his last play for the Cats, fitting that it was a tremendous block.

134. Hash
    10:34 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

they did go at it. Buzz went off. Even though after the game he probably felt like a fool for saying how UK was going to come out fired up!

135. Travis
    10:34 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Buzz and Oscar…wow. Buzz was fired – up…seriously. No clue what it was about.

136. Scott
    10:35 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Dave Baker vs. Oscar Combs = CAT FAT!!

137. ag slater
    10:35 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Archie Goodwin is the most overrated basketball player ever to come out of high school. When is this kid ever going to realize what a floater is or how to pull up for a jump shot.

138. Jax Teller
    10:35 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Oscar and Dave went back and forth. Dave said Florida wasn’t very good, Oscar said Dave was wrong. And Dave tried to drive his point home.

139. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:35 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

That had to be terrible listening to Dave and Oscar fighting. Dave is always terrible.

140. Lane
    10:35 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Yes, Dave was over the top yelling at Oscar. I had to turn my radio down.

141. Robukpt
    10:35 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

And and looking at the mechanism of injury it’s likely an acl or the more rarely injured pcl bc of the anterior to posterior sheer. Lcl and mcl injuries are lateral force injuries. Acl is usually a plant with a twist. Pcl is usually a traumatic posterior force like slamming into a dashboard in a car wreck. It’s pretty rare in sports but those 2 are most likely. Meniscus could be involved too but more likely acl or pcl.

142. G-Unit
    10:35 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Matt- a break is better than a ACL/MCL tear…

143. DrSayre
    10:35 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I saw on Twitter everyone was calling Dave Baker “Brother Buzz”

144. Blue
    10:35 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Yes, Dave Baker seemed to be un-hinged yesterday.

145. UKriverboater
    10:36 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Archie Goodwin may have been the first teammate there for Noel, but he was the one PICKING HIM UP BY THE KNEE.

Archie’s (lack of) court vision and basketball IQ translates just poorly to an EMS career as you might imagine.

146. Robukpt
    10:36 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Please quit saying break and fracture. And please change the page lead. They are the same thing.

147. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:37 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

The Nerlens injury should lead to a discussion about goal design. If the play happen at Vanderbilt, there would have been no injury, since there is no backstop directly behind the goal. Besides the location of the shot clock, I really like the way Vandy’s goals are setup.

148. BellCounty Mounty
    10:37 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Dr. Darren Johnson UK Orthopedeic surgeon is recognized as one of the top 15 surgeons in the world specializing in knee problems. People may not know it, but several pro franchises send athletes to him for evaluations.

149. Wildcat-Mafia
    10:37 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Buzz was out of his mind…. Everything he said was wrong… The Big O won that battle… Buzz was drinking the wrong Kool Aid… Boo Buzzzzz Baker!

150. FinjaDave
    10:37 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

There was a story on Bleacher Report yesterday saying JaDayveon Clowney should consider not playing next fall for the same reasons.

151. Laker Cat 18
    10:37 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Ryan – Yes sir. I plan on it. Will you be there Friday/Saturday or only Sunday for the championship?

152. Scott
    10:37 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Whats a Million Dollar insurance policy compared to the contracts that they get these days in the NBA? ANSWER = Tip Money

153. Cotton Mash
    10:38 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

IMG Archive to last night includes Dave/Oscar:

154. Travis
    10:38 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Buzz drove the point home and figuratively nail through the board on Big O.

155. mike
    10:38 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Did Baker and Kara Lawson get into it too? And again, please stop saying “break or fracture”. They are same damn thing.

156. BLOCKED
    10:38 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

The next time anyone suggests that Kyle should leave early for the NBA….please go back and watch the block Patric Young made on him in the second half last night. Young NEVER LEFT HIS FEET….and blocked Wiltjer’s sky hook. I love Kyle….but he’s not a NBA player.

157. dailyminefield
    10:38 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

If I was an elite player I wouldn’t play college. I would go to Europe at 16 or 17 and play for two or three years and get paid a couple mil tax free and learn to be a professional.

I’m sickened to see Nerlens get hurt. But if I am a top player I go to Europe, get paid and learn to be a professional. Most of the money I would paid is tax free as well. Hell with college/NBAPA and their stupid one year rule.

158. BlueMoo
    10:38 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

For sure hoping and praying for Nerlens but will the entire 2 hours be spent talking aboout his knee? Lets move on…talk about the game

159. Jax Teller
    10:39 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

113/Ryan — “2 point basket…..eeeeeeaaaaaaagggggllllleeeeessssss”

160. Wildcat Willie
    10:39 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Please find the audio of Dave and O. I used to listen to them on the pre-game often. Dave always tries to make O seem stupid. I like Buzz ok but I quit listening to them in part because he is so disrespectful to Oscar. Don’t get me wrong I disagree with Oscar sometimes but he deserves respect as he has forgot more about UK than a lot of us will ever know.

161. ag slater
    10:40 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Harrow needs to start looking at other schools to transfer to because he will never see the court next year.

162. JayP
    10:40 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

There has been some discussion over the past few days of Clowney From South Carolina sitting out his Junior season to avoid injury.

163. Scott
    10:41 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Ryan wouldn’t have been able to make the block because on his way down the court he would have stopped at a consession stand for a snack

164. ag slater
    10:41 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

158…Agreed. Talk about how UK has the worst Guards in college basketball. I cannot make any case for any of them.

165. Wildcat-Mafia
    10:41 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Big O knows his Basketball… He loves UK Basketball but he doesnt look through Rose Colored Glasses…

166. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:41 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Now I am googling “intense swelling and ACL”

167. Break and Fracture
    10:41 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I’m the same thing!

168. Will0945
    10:41 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I also think as part of an athletic scholarship there should be an insurance policy in case of career ending injury paid for by the NCAA.

169. Pimp K
    10:42 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

These things just happen in athletics. You never know when, where, and how these things will happen while athletic events are taking place. Lindsey Vonn just had a terrible injury to her knee take place and she’ll probably miss next year’s Olympics. It sucks but is all part of the game.

170. VP3
    10:42 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

We were always talking about those little chicken legs he has. Such a shame. Hope he is alright. Looked bad.

171. L2C8
    10:42 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

#83 ARE YOU KIDDING ME, dude, we just won last year, we will be fine, not great but fine, but look, there ARE more important things other than UK Basketball. Yeah UK Basketball is bigger than any othre fan can imagine (other than UK fans), but this kids future and career is more important. Alot of these kids, all they have is basketball. That’s what frustrates me about Poythress & Goodwin, because we ALL KNOW how good both of them can be, but they take advantage of it. It’s like they would rather look good losing than go down trying hard. If they would SHOW HEART, I could careless if they lost every game. If only I could see some heart. I understand you concern, hell I’d be lying if it didn’t cross my ming, but at the end of the day, Noel and his career is more important right now. I’m not saying UK basketball doesn’t matter, because it TOTALLY matters, but RIGHT NOW, I’m just worried about Noel. GREAT KID

172. Cotton Mash
    10:42 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I did not listen last night, but someone who did can
    let us know at what “time” the BIG argument broke out:

IMG Archive to last night includes Dave/Oscar:

173. ben casey
    10:42 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

157**i’ve often wondered that myself. i suspect the nba frowns on h.s. players going to europe or surely it would be happening. the nba is the root of everything that happens in college basketball

174. Pimp K
    10:43 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

As long as Louisville doesn’t win the tournament I will consider this season a success.

175. FinjaDave
    10:43 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

All four or Archie’s fouls last night were offensive.

176. BlueMoo
    10:44 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

WCS put in some good effort as did Mays but, if I was a player on this team I would have a problem with Mays..All he does is complain…every timeout or stop in play he makes a stupid face and points or “instructs” someone else on what they did wrong.. it comes off as blaming everyone else.

177. BC IN 06
    10:44 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

When I tore my ACL i had immediate swelling and discoloration. If he doesn’t have any swelling i would imagine that has to be a good sign.

178. lakesidecatsfan
    10:44 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

If that particular was a charge, then why wasnt the one where murphy lowered his upper body and rooted mays out of the way?

179. Jack Nicklaus
    10:44 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Most of those charging calls were not…UF players were channeling their inner-Duke and flopping all over the place.
    Refs had their minds made up that they would call them all charges.

180. Tucky
    10:44 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Matt on a lighter note with Drew leaving will Mrs. TT get on the radio?

181. Bluegrass
    10:45 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I hate to say this, but to be honest, I don’t know how I will bring myself to watch any more UK games this year. I cannot take being so angry at Archie, Alex or Ryan anymore. I was so mad yesterday and then NN goes down and it just took all of the air out of my balloon.

182. Cotton Mash
    10:45 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Hell that wasn’t even a layup, Alex should’ve slammed it
    and then we have huge momentum down by only 10.

In all reality, Cat fans would’ve been pissed that
    we didn’t win that game by 30 last night. Nerlens
    doesn’t go down it is even closer than the 17.

183. Bob Loblaw
    10:45 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

tenneSSEE, not TENNesee

184. TylerH
    10:45 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Here’s the main difference I see with this team and the 2011 team. Obviously 2011 had a great player in Brandon Knight that this team just doesn’t have. Second, the difference is the freshman play of Doron Lamb/Terrence Jones vs Archie Goodwin/Alex Poythress. Lamb and Jones were great supplements to Knight and gave solid, productive minutes. Doron had a great SEC tournament and Jones gave great production as well. It just seems that Goodwin and Poythress are just a hindrance more than a productive factor in the team.

185. JBazz
    10:45 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

If Nerlens is indeed out for the year, what we’ve done as a team to this point doesn’t matter much. The evaluation of whether we’re a tourament team or not will begin on Saturday in Knoxville.

186. NYCWildcat
    10:46 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I’ve destroyed my ACL, and it ballooned up and swelled almost immediately, which is the more common scenario. If it didn’t swell quickly, it may be a meniscus tear. Won’t know exactly what happened until they get the MRI done.

187. robuk
    10:46 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

My ex wife blew her knee…it was the only thing she ever blew.

188. Bob Loblaw
    10:46 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

whoops, typos ruin my point.

189. Pimp K
    10:46 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Baker and Kara Lawson didn’t really get into it, but they didn’t really have a great connection going on during their broadcast this past weekend. Lawson wasn’t buying what Dave was selling a couple of times during the game.

190. Paducah Patty
    10:46 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I woke up this morning and immediately went to the KSR site because I thought surely I dreamed what happened. We’ve talked for awhile how lucky CAL and the CATS have been not having any injuries. Nerlens is such a great kid. I love how he hangs out with the special olympic athletes and does a lot of good things in the community. Forget basketball we won last year, right now all energy is on hoping this injury doesn’t adversely affect Nerlens life.

191. dailyminefield
    10:48 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

173, only issue I could see is if a Euro club is a d**k about giving up your rights after a couple of years. But in that case I wouldn’t sign with them if I was the player. NBA teams can draft rights and sit on em for a couple of years.

192. MGH
    10:48 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

On Dave and Oscar- it was classical back and forth that D & O used to have. If you haven’t listened to them for a while (more than a couple of years) you would think it’s awkward but its Dave getting wound up.

193. ComeOnGuys
    10:48 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Can’t hear it on I heart!

194. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:48 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Dave needs to shut it. I’m so tired of hearing his voice…ever.

195. Scott
    10:49 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I’d hate to have been around Baker after Noel got hurt last night.

196. Rixter
    10:49 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

If you’ve listented to the show previously, you know Buzz is an absolute jerk to Oscar every game. I think he’s just an ass and can’t help it

197. yepyep
    10:49 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

@96… well, that is what this site is built on. Matts ability to gather fans to talk about uk basketball news ALREADY out there. I hope you never thought he was some sort of investigative journalist……ha….he’s a dookie

198. Bob Loblaw
    10:50 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Oscar’s points are not intelligent, it would have made me go off too.

199. Cotton Mash
    10:50 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

To tell you the truth, I’ve been pissed by Oscar’s lovefest
    on Twitter about Gators. He didn’t have much to say when
    they lost to Arkansas.

200. Scott
    10:50 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Ouch…Ouch…Ouch…Ouch…make it stop

201. Bob Loblaw
    10:51 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I like Dave’s enthusiasm.

202. Paducah Patty
    10:51 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Guys that is Oscar and Dave’s shtick! They do that every game.

203. robuk
    10:52 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Florida pretty much disproved everything Dave screamed about.

204. inlinefor9
    10:52 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

BEAAAYEAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH – Howard Dean and Dave Baker

205. quickie
    10:52 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Dave sounds calm beside Matt at times.

206. Pimp K
    10:52 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Dave said it himself: “This is a Florida team that has had the Final 4 in their grasp the last two years.” How can he then say this isn’t one of the nation’s very best teams?

207. inlinefor9
    10:52 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

ARK – KAN – SAS RAZORBACKS!

208. Laker Cat 18
    10:52 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Lebron James is not walking through that door!

209. Bob Loblaw
    10:52 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I think we need to have Dave do the pregame speech to the team.

210. RealCatsFan
    10:52 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Any chance we can juxtaposition Dave’s rant to “put the hammer down” alongside Helmet Guy’s rant about Darius “backing it down”?

211. G-Unit
    10:53 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I agree with Dave though, I mean, UF is a VERY GOOD TEAM… but every QUALITY TEAM they have choked

212. Boogie Fan
    10:53 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Buzz sounded like Clark Griswold in Christmas Vacation right there. ‘Holy sh**, where’s the Tylenol.’

213. Scott
    10:53 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Dave “Buzz The Tower” Baker

214. robuk
    10:53 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Tom Leach is at Cheddars right now talking to the waitress about Nerlens.

215. Dave also sounds like he should be doing the monster truck commercials:
    “SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!”

216. Rockfield, KY
    10:53 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

If we had an aggressive point guard who played tough, we’d be a completely different team. It makes such a big difference. They control college basketball.

217. Linda Taylor
    10:53 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

115-Dinner Bell – You do understand that this year’s freshman class in general was never considered to be a very good class. That is the main reason this year’s draft is considered to be down. Next year’s class is considered to be outstanding, not just UK’s freshman class, but the class in general and we are getting the cream of the crop.

218. RealCatsFan
    10:54 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

To be fair to Alex, he was bumped out of bounds by the Florida player. Should have been a FOUL on the Florida player, but of course the refs won’t call that. College BB has become WAY too rough. It’s out of control – kind of like Dave Baker.

219. Chris
    10:55 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I think it is more telling that Archie rebounded a ball 3 feet from the basket and instead of shooting it he lowered his head to get closer to the basket and got called for a charge.

220. Pimp K
    10:55 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

The main difference between this year’s Florida and the last two years is that Wilbekin is a better and more effective guard than Erving Walker. He takes care of the ball and doesn’t shoot long-range NBA threes. Walker used to shoot those all the time, in effect giving the defense a break and allowing an easy stop.

221. basketball jones
    10:55 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

this team was screwed with the lack of a solid point guard. with the frustration of watching poythress and goodwin, harrow is even more of a disappointment. we all kept waiting for him to settle in at the position but he keeps having games like last nite: 17 mins/0 pts/1 asst. something is going on with him that is being kept secret. i suspect he won’t be a cat next season

222. Scott
    10:55 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

“High school kids are jerks” GET OUT THE PENCIL SHAVINGS!!!

223. BC IN 06
    10:55 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

My advice… Punch them in the face

224. FakeDaveBakerGoesToWashington
    10:56 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

MILTON FRIEDMAN AINT WALKIN THROUGH THAT DOOR!

225. Chicago Chris
    10:56 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

That’s the problem with the internet and social media, you can’t identify the crazy man BEFORE he opens his mouth.

226. RealCatsFan
    10:56 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

215, LMAO! They could have him doing the Carl Casper Auto Show commercial. Ba da da da DA dum….Ba da da da DA dum….

227. Chicago Chris
    10:56 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Goodwin = Liggins. Give him two years and he’ll turn it around.

228. Rob Bromley is a Beast
    10:57 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I think that exchange between Buzzz Baker and Big O was just for entertainment purposes to get the audience fired up for the big game.

229. CATandMONKEY
    10:57 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

“Since when does screaming at trees make you a crazy person?”
    ….Frank Martin

230. L2C8
    10:57 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

So I hear Swopshire’s career ended last night. That is ashame, even though the kid probally wasn’t going pro, it sucks for him. I hope all is well with him ans wish him the best of luck.

231. Rixter
    10:57 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Conversely, you have to ask what recruiting gurus and coaches, (including Cal) saw in Archie that made them think he could play SEC basketball?

232. wes
    10:58 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Hey MATT, do you think this team has what it takes to take it upon themselves to emerge from these unfortunate events and have someone step up and lead this team? Will it be Mays? This season can go North or South after last night. I’m hoping someone steps up and takes ownership of this team.

233. Pikeville25
    10:58 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Matt. It’s Brandt, not Brad, they always tell u wrong, haha. But Alex just stepped outta bounds again during break.

234. hate the bachelor love the comments
    10:58 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Love what Matt just said about ignoring the haters. If you listened closely he gave the same advice that Oscar uses when Dave Baker goes on his rants. Ignore them, don’t give them a response and pray they go away…

235. Pimp K
    11:00 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I disagree with Dave because this Florida team is as good as any team in the nation. In my opinion, they will win the national championship. I picked them to win it all before the season on Lachlan’s show and I still believe it. All that stated, they are not one of the all-time “great teams” but they are as good as you will find this season.

236. hate the bachelor love the comments
    11:00 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Give Dave Baker a tennis racket in his hand and he would be Gentleman Jim Cornette the wrestling manager.

237. Chris
    11:00 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Buzz has been yelling more and more I think he is going thru the change.

238. Delaney Hanley
    11:03 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Steve Cathen from CBS News just announced that Archie Goodwin has broken a record for most backward shots thrown up over his head while charging. I dont think that’s going to translate in the NBA.

239. Pimp K
    11:04 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

A lot of us have been saying it all season and I think without Nerlens it is even more of a pressing matter: We need to run more plays to get Mays and Wiltjer three-pointers. We flat-out don’t get enough shots out of them each game and we need those two launching the threes to be at the best of our offensive production.

240. Rob Bromley is a Beast
    11:08 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Forget Rob Bromley being a beast….Buzz Beast Baker getting fired UP!!

241. elkcity2224
    11:08 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I think Dave Baker sounds a lot like the Mouth of the South Jimmy Hart.

242. Mike Honcho
    11:09 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Dave Bakers reaction after asking Oscar whether Kentucky would make it to the the tourney reminded me of The Rock saying…… “What’s your name? ….. (pause) It doesn’t matter what your name is”

243. robuk
    11:09 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

just prior to nerlens going down we had a nice little run started

244. ktmiln2
    11:09 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

My favorite thing about Oscar Combs is that his Twitter picture is still the default egg they give you when you sign up.

245. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:10 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Did they only play 39 minutes last night?

246. Rockfield, KY
    11:11 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

We need a damn BULLY. I can’t stand a soft-a$$ team like ours is right now. Polson was the only guy I saw even push anyone back after getting him away from the ball. Let’s put in Malone and let him take someone out.

247. RealCatsFan
    11:11 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

The player Florida lost was a role player – not the heart and soul of the team. Take away Patrick Young and see how they would fare.

248. Scott
    11:11 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

What does Cheb have to say on the subject

249. robuk
    11:11 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Early on this season it seemed Oscar was hurt by the way the cats were playing. You could tell it in his tweets.

250. lakesidecatsfan
    11:12 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Here is another sad knee injury for ya. At our local high school two members of our girls varsity team have torn their ACL this season, the kicker is that the girls are sisters!! one a freshman and one a junior. Thankfully it isn the end of their careers, but sad none the less.

251. Rockfield, KY
    11:12 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Question:

If they play the exact same amount of minutes in a game, who would get up more shots?

A. Archie Goodwin

B. Sam Malone

252. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:12 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

The wait for updates on Nerlens injury is worse than waiting on a girlfriend to pee on a pregnancy test.

253. Nope
    11:13 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

245- They actually only “played” about 5

254. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:13 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

The wait for updates on Nerlens’ injury is worse than waiting on a kidney stone to pass.

255. robuk
    11:13 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

You guys can yell at me if you want but I am going to say it…Harrow is a titty baby. there it is.

256. TrinityPills
    11:13 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Thoughts and prayers with Nerlens. If UK is to do ANYTHING the rest of the season, we need this version of Poythress back.

257. Laker Cat 18
    11:14 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

If Mays is slower than Wiltjer, I’ll kiss your hind end.

258. quickie
    11:15 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Does Goodwin never watch film of himself?

259. Will
    11:15 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Since probation, where does Ryan Harrow rank among starting PGs at UK? Around Michael Porter? Next to Saul Smith?

I think the crux of our problems start at the PG position and the lack of leadership and toughness coming from Harrow. I like Ryan and we would be in a worse place without him but with that said, we will continue to be merely an average team with him running the team. And Archie/Polson arent any better though Polson at least competes. Ryan can be a contributor as a senior and maybe even next year coming off the bench but right now, he is ill-equipped as a player to lead this particular team. That’s not his fault either. Cal had 3 years to bring in a guy that could be developed over several seasons and provide us options outside of walk-ones and gunner-SGs. Ryan is just in an impossible situation if he’s being expected to, in his first year playing at UK, lead this UK team to anything more than an NCAA birth.

After last night all I’m hoping for is 1) Noel has a speedy recovery and 2) we make the NCAAs. Other than that, bring on the Spring game. :/

260. adam
    11:15 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

252 false thats the worst feeling in the world.

261. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:15 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

In regard to Nerlens’ updates, I’m more nervous than Drew Franklin waiting for an STD clinic call-back

262. matt
    11:16 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

It’s a conspiracy- first they take 3% of the alcohol from makers mark, now they have taken out number 3 Noel…. what’s next? Did someone check on Rex Chapman this morning!

263. FinjaDave
    11:16 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

SEC tourney ticket scalpers are sweating the results of the MRI

264. Nerlen's Fan
    11:16 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

There are two Drews. Drew the employee who does the radio show and Drew Franklin who does the blog and appears on the radio show sometime. Drew the employee is leaving.

265. Rixter
    11:17 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

The worst thing about the one and done is that you lose your best players each year.

The best thing about the one and done is that you lose your best players each year.

266. Kidnut
    11:17 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

There are no gyms that I know where the basket hangs from the ceiling

267. UK_JB
    11:17 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I don’t think Rupp’s goals hang from the ceiling… just a big beehive.

268. Bob Loblaw
    11:17 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

The only gym that has the basket hangs from the ceiling is your local YMCA.

269. UK_JB
    11:17 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Only in high school maybe?

270. DrSayre
    11:18 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

If they used baskets like that, it would block people’s view of the game

271. Big Mike
    11:19 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Cameron Indoor hangs those type goals. My high school and middle school had them but I think that’s old technology, not new, am I wrong? Thought Cameron Indoor’s were just an old school throwback.

272. Doug the Prosecutor
    11:19 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Cameron has baskets that hang from the ceiling. Other than that, you don’t see that anywhere except high school and very small college gyms.

273. Lane
    11:20 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

The only gyms with goals hanging from the ceiling are high school gyms and duke. Every other college gym and every NBA arena have the ones Florida has. I feel horrible for Noel and hope he gets better but stop looking for excuses, it was a freak injury, they happen in sports.

274. Richie's Flat Top
    11:20 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Are we really sure that Noel hit the support. To me it looked like he was trying to stop short of hitting it and then his knee buckled. I really don’t think the support was the problem.

Not to mention the goals that come from the ceiling are common in high school gyms, not modern basketball arenas. Imagine a goal hanging at least 200 ft from the ceiling, not only would it block the view of many people, it would be almost impossible to be sturdy.

275. mike
    11:20 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Matt? Goals from the ceiling? How did you not call that guy out?

276. Bob Loblaw
    11:22 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I thought Matt lived in Louisville.

277. Douche
    11:22 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Just for fun name 3 best callers and 3 worst callers
    Best: Truth, J-Rock, Annie
    Worst: Madison, Travis, Slapnuts

278. jetblue
    11:22 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Johnboy and Billy

279. Daniel
    11:23 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Matt….the caller about the support from the ceiling would never work in Rupp. There would be way too much vibration after each shot. The only way it works is with smaller gyms and lower ceilings.

280. Scott
    11:23 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Matt, Jimmy’s wife sent you a pic via twitter from last nights game. I don’t think Jimmy even cheered.

281. DustinUK
    11:23 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Does anyone actually think this team will rally if Noel is done? They are the prototypical candidate for total collapse.

282. Scotty B
    11:23 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Matts in Louisville..works in Lex alot

283. Fake_TG_Thunder_Shuck
    11:24 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

No… 1 inch of snow and get your milk and bread.

284. Clint
    11:24 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

277 – that was racist

285. Travis Roberts
    11:26 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Worst name for a commenter on the show thread…

DOUCHE #278

GFY, buddy, and have a great day!!! 🙂

286. Scott
    11:26 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I thought that The Truth would surely call in today in a time of need like this. He told me that he could heal people like Mr. Mioggi from karate kid.

287. Travis Roberts
    11:27 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Douche…useyourownnameandgrowsomeballsifyouwanttocallmeoutBirch

Lol

288. cats1068
    11:28 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Matt, giving effort and being selfish has nothing to do with being a freshman.

289. quickie
    11:28 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I believe the poster wondering about where Matt lives is unaware there is a Comedy Off Broadway in Louisville as well.

290. Smitty
    11:29 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Remember when Patterson went down and the team still made the tournament?

291. Rixter
    11:29 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

what if the guys coming in next year turn out to be duds too??

292. Travis Roberts
    11:30 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

“It’s stickin’ really bad out here.” – Danny

293. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:31 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I came so close to crying last night in front of my buddies that I left the room and pretended like I went to the restroom.

294. Smokin Joe
    11:31 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

This was bound to happen to a one-and-done star sooner or later. Nerlens shouldn’t have had to play a year in college. He may have gotten hurt in an NBA game anyway, but at least his future would have been assured.

I hope David Stern and his willing colluders in the NCAA are happy with their monopoly and what it might have cost Nerlens Noel.

295. Rixter
    11:31 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

291, Joe Crawford ain’t walking thru that door. Ramel Bradley ain’t walking thru that door. Those guys were seniors, and they absolutely carried that team. Who’s gonna put this team on his shoulders?

296. Scotty B
    11:32 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

292 That’ll be enough of that! This class was always considered less talented than next years.

297. Edd
    11:34 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Danny is the anti-Cal. He DOESN’T get it.

298. Rixter
    11:34 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

“His leg was wobbly, knee looked dislocated, it was gruesome. I don’t want to think about it.” – Florida Patric Young

299. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:34 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

It’s easier with a nice tie. I’m sure you don’t skimp on your tie selection, just saying tie quality matters.

300. Bob Loblaw
    11:37 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Archie will be broke in 5 years, if he goes this year.

301. Rixter
    11:38 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

If the NBA court is 1′ longer at each end, Alex could be aces in the league.

302. Kidnut
    11:39 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

It was based on a Comedian’s stand-up

303. Bluegrass
    11:39 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

TUPAC SAID THAT!!!

304. philip
    11:39 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Matt, Etta Mae is off the charts hilarious. Also she changes her act up a lot so people go back to see her a lot.

305. cats1068
    11:39 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Dorner reportedly shot himself before the cops could get him.

306. Bob Loblaw
    11:40 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

ctrl++ will enlarge the print on web pages.

307. Pimp K
    11:40 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Tupac once rapped, “Thug muthaf***as don’t die, we get high and we multiply.”

308. MattP
    11:41 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

It was Robin Harris who said it! He was a comedian! He also had the catch phrase Test Tube baby!!”

309. Scott
    11:42 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Was that Daniel Orton’s father?

310. Scott
    11:43 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

I think that John Hood works with kids the best.

311. ebell55
    11:45 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

309 is correct Robin Harris the dad in the first house party movie and was a popular stand up comedian in the late 80s he died win he was about to blow up the scene and they made the cartoon after he died.

312. John Juan
    11:45 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Bebe’s kids come from a stand up comedian named Robin Harris’ bit. when he goes to pick up his date and her kid, she brings a bunch of kids he didn’t know about. He asks,”Who’s kids are those?” She responds, “Those are Bebe’s kids.” To which he respond’s, “Well where the hell is Bebe?” They go on the date and end up tearing up stuff and getting into trouble. When he goes to punish them the beat him up saying, “We Bebe’s kids, we don’t die we multiply!”

313. John Juan
    11:46 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

314. Kidnut
    11:47 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

That song is pretty good

315. Kidnut
    11:48 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Matt, you should be the first to talk and start off things with an Alan Cutler welcome speech.

316. Dinner Bell
    11:49 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

217-That may all be true and I won’t refute anything you say, but to speak in absolutes like Matt often does is what I take issue with. There’s no guarantee that these guys will be able to get along and create the chemistry that a great team has to have. Even if they are the most talented athletes in the last three years, they are 18-year-old kids trying to deal with adult situations.

317. Jb from Somerset
    11:49 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

First, prayers for Nerlens. Matt is right on, he is a great person that does all kinds of stuff behind the scenes and does not clamor for attention.

When i think about what Matt said last night after the game “this team really is not that good”, I think about what Cal has done with this team. It’s amazing as bad as we have played at times, we were ranked 25th.

So, lets sit back, hope for the best, hope that our guys finally get the message and play to their ability.

Good luck CATS

318. Scott
    11:50 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Matt, the Chinese refer to someone that approaches situations with an open mind as Shoshin

319. For Matt in Indy
    11:50 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Matt, please find out what the chances are that UK … as say an #8 seed … would come to Dayton.

I say NO WAY they’d reward UK with that location and that seed … but I’d like to hear what they have to say about it.

320. Dinner Bell
    11:50 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

#313 “Don’t worry, Bebe left $20 to get them into Disney World.”

321. Travis
    11:50 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Goonies do not die.

322. CvilleWildcat
    11:51 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Denzel Ware looks like Hakeem Olajuwon

323. BPM
    11:51 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Definitely Robin Harris. I remember watching his standup as a kid and him doing the Bebe’s Kids routine.

324. Scott
    11:52 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

UK Football produces punters like UK Basketball players poop ice cream

325. Scott
    11:54 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Wasn’t it Syracuse that hid the fact that one of their players were badly hurt to get a good ranking.

326. Jacob Adam Brooks
    11:54 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Matt

Archie is shooting 5% from 3 in conference…

SEC Numbers

11.6 PPG
    4.0 RPG
    2.2 APG
    3 TO
    36% FG
    05% 3FG

Would any non UK player in America be talked about as a lottery pick with those numbers?

please comment