Let’s play that hypothetical game

Nerlens Noel has reclassified and the world is now opened up to brand new possibilities with the class of 2012. It seemed to be that 2012 was just going to be a year in which we waited anxiously for the monster class of 2013, but with this development, the class of 2012 has a chance to go down as one of Cal’s best classes since he arrived in Lexington. Both the new number one player, Noel, and the old number one player, Shabazz Muhammad, are very high on the Cats and scoring both of them in addition to Alex Poythress, Archie Goodwin and Willie Cauley would once again put UK in the most enviable position in the college basketball landscape.

However, I want to pose a question to you. If you could only have one player between Noel and Muhammad, who would you prefer and why? Both players are so different from one another and would fill such specific roles, I’m curious to hear who you think would be the best fit. I’d personally prefer Noel because his arrival would lessen the inevitable loss of Anthony Davis. It’s hard to imagine replacing the greatest shot blocker in school history with someone who may be even better than him.

Like I said, this is simply a hypothetical. Scholarships shouldn’t be a problem next season because of the impending mass exodus for the NBA and the graduation of Darius Miller and Eloy Vargas so it’s possible that we’ll be able to nab both top prospects. Assuming we didn’t, though, who would be your top choice?

Article written by Matthew Hays

137 Comments for Let’s play that hypothetical game

1. E-LOY VAR-GAS
    12:02 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Noel. While Shabazz is a great super player, being able to continually block shots like Davis can this year would be even better. Plus we’ve got Goodwin and Polythress already, so an EXCELLENT post presence to me would be a better ‘get’

2. Champ
    12:02 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Both

3. Champ
    12:03 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Probably Noel

4. Papaw Brooks
    12:03 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Why get greedy… we’ll take both.

5. here ya go
    12:05 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

you can’t teach height nor can u teach instinct.. noel

6. ulfdog
    12:07 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Awesome idea…lets all write down stuff about why we would rather have another player. Recruits may see this page. Every single comment should be “both”

No reason to choose, I agree with Papaw… lets get ’em both.

7. Me
    12:08 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Here’s an idea. Have Cal tell the 3 of them, there are only 2 spots open. 2 will sign within a week! Then after there are 2 in hand, Cal tells the last one that he mis-calculated and we have a spot left. When the last one sees the talent here, he will want to join the party.

8. Rem08
    12:08 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Noel. I suspect we have Lamb back next year and am perfectly happy with the idea of having him and Goodwin as the shooting guards. Even without Lamb, IMO, we have more of a hole to fill at the 5 than at the 2. There are lots of great guards in college basketball – but dominant big men are tougher to find.

9. Dumbledore
    12:08 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Noel. Great tidings of cheer to Cat fans…

10. wcat22
    12:09 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Got to agree with #6…why even have people take sides?

11. roydillard
    12:10 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

totally agree with #6 players do read these posts…

12. radio
    12:10 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

i like both

13. Sheriff Buford T. Justice
    12:11 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

We need Noel more. I don’t see lamb or teague being able to leave after this year. Plus we’d have harrow gaining eligibility and goodwin coming in. Noel would fill the void left by davis. And he has a flat top, which can also block shots.

14. Wildcat Mafia
    12:11 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I want both but Noel would be the best game changer. Think of this years team without Davis.

15. Why
    12:11 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

This is such a stupid question. Clearly we want both. Why are you TRYING to have people post negative things about our RECRUITS when we CAN have both of them. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.

16. Sheriff Buford T. Justice
    12:11 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Both would be nice though haha

17. wrap it up
    12:12 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

A little birdy spoke very softly in my ear a couple of weeks ago for before the Ark game in the hospitality room. That birdy says both are signed sealed & delivered

18. FartSmacker
    12:13 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I am a greedy bastard I want both and Bennett also.

19. Give'em Hell Cats
    12:14 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

If you arent careful, cal is gonna call you out next press conference for your articles hurting recruiting.

20. UKStudent
    12:16 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I’ll take both and Anthony Bennett…that class is stacked

21. Jiminy Cricket
    12:16 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

both

22. Catfan24
    12:17 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Both of them with Coach Cal for one year would be amazing for all involved! Go Cats!

23. Fan1
    12:17 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

The question is flawed. It is based on an assumption that we don’t get both. I prefer to look at it positively and believe that both will be here and that because of that we hang banner #9.

24. Jeremy
    12:18 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I have a bad feeling that Syracuse is gonna land Noel.

25. Kona
    12:20 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Take the one with fewer tattoos. Aside from that…having Kid N Play on our team next year would be pretty cool.

26. Can't wait
    12:20 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Both clearly. I watched Noel and Bazz play in the City of Palm over Christmas. Both are super and game changers. They could both easily be the best wing and post in college basketball. Shabbazz is competitive. We get them both but Bennett and his bulk is the key. We need his muscle.

27. catsfansince1970
    12:21 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I’ll take Muhammad, but i think we get both, Muhammad is the best of all Cals recruits at Kentucky. Write it down. I saw a video of him crossing a guy over and then waiting for the help just so he could dunk on him. He is John Wall on steroids.Oh by the way, did anybody see Stephen A Smith flip off Skip Bayless on first take? Its in the first 30 minutes of the show. It would be a great photo on KSR.It was funny as hell. Even though he played it off.

28. Kenny H
    12:21 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

All UK fans should just say both, point blank period.

29. AZBlueCat
    12:21 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Noel. When Davis is not on the floor, our current squad is very beatable. As much as I like Muhammed, the premier shot blocker would be more of a difference maker.

30. hmmm
    12:21 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I don’t like this article, because if I was one of them and read this site and saw that UK would rather have the fans would rather have the other guy then I would probably go to my 2nd favorite choice of college.

31. John Denver
    12:21 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I am very greedy. Give me both and a few more burger boys.

32. ATB (Always True Blue)
    12:21 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

We need both of them to complete a class that would work with the team we expect to have. It would be Harrow, Goodwin, Shabbaz, Poythress, Noel as the likely starters. Then if we can land Bennett; Wiltjer, Bennet, and Cauley would rotate through the 3/4/5, Hood/Beckham give some minutes at the 2 and we have to hope that Beckham can learn the point some or Goodwin help fill that role. This all assumes that either Lamb or Teague don’t decide to return. It would be really helpful if one of them decided to return.

33. JoeMoney333
    12:22 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Wow, Seriously people… lighten up. We all hope we get both, we get it. Also who is vain enough to believe recruits come hear and read your opinions. That’s almost embarrassing..

34. gabriel
    12:22 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I don’t see why the best team in all of college basketball can’t have both. I would love to see both Noel and Muhammad on campus and in that blue uniform, and most certainly will come next year.

35. Common Sense
    12:23 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Both + Bennett. Mmmm sexy, sexy, sexy.

36. Smyrna_Cat
    12:24 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Both come, Davis and Kidd-G stay, along with Jones and Teague. We have 10 players getting equal minutes.

We set a new record for most block shots in a season … averaging 23 blocks a game … with the other team only making 12 shots a game. Our average score is 93 to 42. We go undefeated and win no. 9.

And every top player in the country wants to come to UK.

37. JoeMoney333
    12:24 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Also people, it is a HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION. “If you could only have one player between Noel and Muhammad, who would you prefer and why?”

How is it we have the ‘smartest’ and ‘stupidest’ fan base in college basketball at the same time!?

38. St. Paul Raiders
    12:25 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

The cardinal meltdown is great: “Noel’s decision not to come to Louisville couldn’t have anything to do with the fact that he’d be competing against Dieng for playing time, you think? I’m sure Noel will be great, but I’d rather have a junior Dieng than a freshman Noel.”

39. nassau65
    12:26 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

both-nuf said

40. Mark Wilson
    12:26 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

MIND….BLOWN

41. JesusIsTheOnlyWayToHEAVEN!!!
    12:26 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

This is the ONLY stupid thing KSR does. They know recruits and players see this. Why give the recruit a reason to go somewhere else. Sometimes people are just too stupid to see the light, Or greed for hits is taking over here.

42. Cking98
    12:26 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Everybody forgets about Bennett. He is key!!!!!

Noel and Bazz are both very special players!!!

But we need Bennett’s muscle.

43. St. Paul Raiders
    12:26 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

38- That reminds me of the ole, “Peyton Siva’s better than John Wall” statement.

44. TrashCanMan
    12:27 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I would say Shabazz. I like his name

45. ThankfulCat
    12:27 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

To quote Radio when asked about peach and apple cobbler

“Both”

46. JesusIsTheOnlyWayToHEAVEN!!!
    12:27 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

#37…cause you’re one of them.

47. Cking98
    12:28 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

24- Cuse already has three centers, with Coleman coming and the Arizona transfer.

48. catsfansince1970
    12:28 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Why is it that alot of peolpe are assuming Lamb wont be back? I like him, but first round draft pick? I dont think so.

49. CATFANRAN
    12:29 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

this is a dumb A%% question, we should go after both…The recruits read this crap and you think they dont take in what the BBN has to say

50. kdh2011
    12:29 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Noel by 7 country miles

51. St. Paul Raiders
    12:30 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

48- I think that’s more of a reflection of the fact that Lamb so badly wants to be in league than it is a belief that he’s really ready to go.

52. 3cats
    12:31 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

what number 6 said we don’t need to PPPPPPPPPPPPPP off either one, let’s get both

53. David
    12:31 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

BOTH! This is dumb. We’re Kentucky. At Kentucky, under Cal, we get both.

54. 3cats
    12:33 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

number 47 who is the transfer?

55. BlueInMI
    12:33 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Would love both but Noel would be the greater need with Davis leaving.

56. Bernie Fine's Wife
    12:34 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I predict they both go elsewhere because of this thread.

57. No shit
    12:34 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

If uk gets both, with the 3 already coming, & the players coming back next year. Wow!

58. Curtis Blueblood
    12:34 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Let’s say the recruits do read this, it’s not like they are competeing for the same position. So it should not effect them in seeing which one fans would want. They know in their minds they would make a great pair for Kentucky. And give them dominance against their foes.Thus creating a great season for them and their NBA stock. Just sayin’.

59. jumpman78
    12:35 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

My question. When speaking of the 2012 class why is it always overlooked by KSR? Just waiting for the 2013 class? We are currently #2 in the 2012 class and are still recruiting Bazz and Bennet and that was without Noel. We shouldn’t be slighting THESE recruits.

60. Doc Brown
    12:36 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Both. No exception
    Anything said by anyone else is super troll

61. capt. price
    12:37 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Terrible thing to put on KSR.

62. tncatfan
    12:38 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

If I HAD to choose, I guess I would take both. After him, I guess I’d have to settle with both. I hate tough choices like this…

63. Mack
    12:38 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I want them all but if not my favorite would be the ones that take the CATS offers.

64. 3cats
    12:38 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

#38 really! you have lost your feathers! Noel is the number 1 or 2 best player in the class.

65. Floyd the Barber
    12:38 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I’ll have 2 of each, please.

66. Han
    12:39 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

What’ll it be, Deion? 15, 20 million?
    Both.

67. bigredbleedsblue
    12:39 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I want Muhammed… no wait Noel…. I mean Shabazz…. UHHH I want Nerlens Muhammed with a side of Bennett please!

68. Han
    12:42 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

41) You speak truth. The early comments were all about Noel being preferred if you had to pick. Fact is we’ll need another scorer, too, and Shabazz, while perhaps not the next uber-elite once-in-a-generation player (we’ve already had 3 in Cal’s 3 years), is certainly one hell of a get for whoever wins him.

Hypotheticals just hurt feelings. It’s not a matter of being a stupid fanbase. It’s a matter of not alienating recruits with theoretical comparisons before they even sign.

69. Al's IndiCats
    12:43 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

As Coach Hall used to say….There’s always room at our table….BOTH!!!!

70. kentuckyrules
    12:45 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

OK, so just one? I’ll have them both put their names on the same sheet of paper, works for everyone? Thats my vote!

71. Somervillain
    12:45 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Please take this down. What is the possible upside of this post?

72. Jerry Tipton
    12:46 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Unfortunately for UK fans, Kentucky hopefully won’t get either of them. If they do, I will investigate them until my beady little eyes bleed. I think I’ll call them right now and warn them not to come here. And I don’t have a penis!

73. Some Guy
    12:47 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Maybe dumbest article in a while… There is enough news to not have this stupid debate cause BOTH with a little ALL THREE including Bennett. Just remove this whole article.

74. nikos
    12:47 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

UK is not alone, on these guys. Getting anyone, let alone both, is HUGE.

75. wilDCat
    12:48 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Pick Noel or Shabazz over the other.

You can’t explain that!

76. Hoops Malone
    12:48 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Noel.

77. kyrobman
    12:50 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Only way I want one over the other is if we can take them apart and take the best of each and make a whole new person. We can call him Nerlbazz……

78. MtnCat
    12:51 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I want the ones that want the challenge of playing at Kentucky. This isn’t for everybody, there’s no place to hide.

79. WSFLWildcat
    12:54 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Both are incredible. So I’ll take both.

80. NEWMAN
    12:54 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Let’s play the hypothetical game that Matthew Hayes has common sense.

Hmm, nope, Matthew Hayes is still really freaking stupid. And so are the idiots who actually took the bait — we want all our targeted recruits, you morons.

81. Jerry Sandusky
    12:56 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

They both seem like nice young boys.

82. Syrin
    12:57 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Cal recently said he thought we’d lose SEVEN players !!

WHO ?!?!?!

Miller
    Vargas
    TJ
    Anthony Davis
    Gilchrist

Likely Doron Lamb although I’m not sure how high NBA scouts are on him. Then who? Teague? The guy doesn’t finish drives like Wall did, doesn’t shoot like Knight did, and has only recently put together a run of good games with the assists. Does that make him an NBA prospect already?

83. Eloy
    12:59 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I miss Stacey Poole. He was my boy.

84. SuperTroy18
    1:00 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

This is the exact WRONG thing to post. Bazz wants the love from BBN before he signs and he definitely deserves it. Noel wants the love too, (and is a COMPLETELY different player, so choosing makes absolutely no sense.) We want both, (plus Bennett) and we’ll get both…because that’s what Cal does. It’s the Kentucky Effect. Now, somebody make sure Hays isn’t an actual Card fan trying to bring us down from the inside. Idiot.

85. Syrin
    1:01 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

By the way, I just LOVE that picture of him. Dude looks like a f***ing rock star.

Shabazz, Nerlens, come join us and experience something you will never forget the rest of your life. NO PROGRAM comes even CLOSE to UK. Between the history, the excellence, and the loyal devoted fan base, you’ll be happy beyond your wildest dreams.

86. Tom Blevins
    1:02 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

We are Kentucky! We deaserve both!

87. Michael Kidd-Langford
    1:05 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

For the love of all that is Blue and Holy, please take down this post.

88. Sammydog
    1:06 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Both Lamb and Teague will leave this year. Lamb considered it last year and has made no secret about wanting to leave for the NBA. He is not that into school and anxious for a paycheck. Teague will be a 1st round pick and will go. We will need them both.

89. NotSatire
    1:08 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Can’t wait to see NN block a shot with his high-top…

90. Syrin
    1:09 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

This article SHOULD have been, “Let’s play a hypothetical game. Let’s say we get Shabazz and Nerlens. Would this be the best recruiting class UK has gotten under Cal”.

Glad to see most in this thread get it.

Now can we find someone to replace at Matt Hays?

91. Michael Kidd-Langford
    1:14 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I just looked for a “Like” button for #90.

92. gottodoit
    1:16 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Matthew Hays has got to be out of his mind to initiate a topic discussion such as this.

Or, Matthew Hays is a troll.

93. BROOKTROUT
    1:16 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Kid Play

94. BROOKTROUT
    1:18 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

sorry… Kid N Play

95. joeb
    1:19 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Noel is my choice…………defense is king with Cal……..but I want both

96. tncatfan
    1:22 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

It’s like trying to choose between Brooklyn Decker or Crissy Teigen – the only correct choice is BOTH.

If you don’t know who Brooklyn Decker / Crissy Teigen are, i recommend google and a tissue.

97. Al's IndiCats
    1:24 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Matt, this is like asking the question would you rather have Miss American or Miss U.S.A for a date….Answer: BOTH!!!!!!!! No brainer!

98. J-Daddy
    1:25 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Both!!!
    Noel because he is gonna be a force inside like Davis
    Shabazz because he’s a force everywhere else on the court, I watched some of his highschool games, he looks like a NBA superstar out there playing with a bunch of kids.

99. Brad
    1:26 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Seen them both in person, Noel and it isn’t even close.

100. WildcatByTheGraceOfGOD
    1:27 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

IMO, I think Bazz is the more prolific player, and more prominent scorer. I think Noel requires someone to feed him the ball, and just my liking, i would take someone who can create on their own over someone who can’t.

I realize the defensive side aspect, but ultimately you win by scoring more points, and I’ll take a person with size and ball handling over a Big that needs the ball given to him.

But, I WANT BOTH!!

101. bigcat76
    1:30 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I’ll take Chris Tucker, and you know thisss maaaannnnnn!!!!

102. why
    1:34 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Is this post sponsored by Coach K?

103. Jesus
    1:36 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Christ you all are stupid. If a kid gets on here and gets butt-hurt (like it seems all of you would) because someone answers against him in a hypothetical game…then he shouldn’t be at UK anyway. This is a good question with opportunities for good answers from the fans. If you are upset over this question you dont “get it” like the idiotic #90 said

104. WisconsinCat
    1:40 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Did anyone notice that the George Raveling website linked by a Calipari tweet yesterday projected Shabazz as playing at either UNLV or UCLA?

105. JoeBob'sFineFoods
    1:42 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

103, interesting how you are using your own name in vain….

106. ibescootch
    1:43 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Since no one seems to think this KSR post was a good idea, here’s another hypothetical. Picture this: Shabazz Muhammad sits down at his press conference to inform a suspenseful crowd of where he will play basketball in the fall. He clears his throat. “Well, after tallying all of the votes from the comment section of the post on KSR (which I read every post and comment every day of course), I have made my decision. As evidenced by the obvious fact that the entire BBN was represented in that post- only 12% of all UK fans want me there, 16% want Nerlens, 65% want everyone else to shut up and say both, and 7% were written by Jerry Tipton under pseudonyms- who wants neither of us… which spells bad news for Cats fans.”

He takes a drink, tears up a little bit, and continues…

“In light of this game-changing post on KSR, I have decided to completely disregard my parents wishes, my high school coach’s wisdom, my AAU coach’s insight, my extended family’s hopes of seeing me in Blue and White, my overwhelming desire to play for the #1 team in the country, and my own general common sense. In making my decision, I realized that all I’ve worked for this whole time was for naught. In hindsight, I rue the day I ever saw that post on KSR, because it showed me as clear as day that only 12% of Kentucky fans really want me there, while 88% don’t want to have anything to do with me, or they want me to actually play with another guy who’s pretty good. The nerve! Why would I ever want to go to a school where the fans hate me so much, as they most clearly made the case in the comment section on a mid-day, hypothetical, non-game day post, directly before and after, several thousand posts and stories about how much everyone loves me and wants me at UK? How could I ever go there?”

More tears…

“So it is with great shame, I announce that I will not be attending the University of Kentucky, or any other D-1 school for that matter. I will instead be pursuing a Welding degree at Great Lakes Community and Technical College. I am hereby retiring from basketball altogether, and hope that you’ll understand my decision. It was one that I came to quickly and without thinking after reading that post on KSR, and the ensuing comments.”

107. THEBOTTOMLINE!!
    1:46 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I will take Noel, Bennett, and Shabazz…since this is hypothetical, i will take all 3…thank you very much.

108. 105
    1:49 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

You like that did you?

109. Hahaha
    1:51 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

106, perfect post

110. Dee
    1:52 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

is it me…or does Noel kinda favor Mashburn???

111. GODSAZNO
    1:53 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Noel. He might be the only tall, power player UK will have. UK has committed wing players if they lose Shabazz.

112. s.motley
    1:54 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

NOEL!!! No doubt about it. not only will he be a game changer on defense he has a n improving back to the basket game

113. Dee
    1:55 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I bet all you BTI hater’s are missing BTI about now….

114. ibescootch
    1:57 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

By the way, I want Shaberlins.

115. Give me a racoon, please.
    2:03 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

106 wins the internet.

116. Really?
    2:10 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

There are two blocks on the court. That means 2 studs can post up at the SAME time. I want them both to come. Next year, UK will have 8 players averaging double digits lol

117. APstyle
    2:11 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

106. Thank you for using the word “rue” correctly. Seriously. I love that word. Clap. Clap. Clap.

118. UK v UL
    2:18 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I would have t ogo for the box fro. If you can sport that look you have to be good right?

119. Syrin
    2:20 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Nerlens and Shabazz.

In case you read this, I want to make this point. BOTH of you should come here. Aside from the obvious, I have read SEVERAL quotes from former UK players who said that their practice sessions helped them get ready for the NBA faster than anything else they did. Harrelson ONLY made it to the NBA because he had to go head to head with Cousins and Patterson in practice. TJ has to go against the best shot blocker in the country EVERY practice. It hones your skills, makes you NBA ready.

Look at Ohio State. Who does Sullinger have to push him in practice? No, you want to go against the best of the best. Bledsoe came to UK and made it to the NBA by going against Wall daily in practice.

Can’t wait to see you both in blue.

120. only bad can come from this
    2:23 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

How about we weigh the good vs bad that can come from a post like this. If a player sees that he is like, well, he already assumed that. If a player happens to feels that UK fans don’t appreciate him, it is hard to predict what a high school kids will do.

121. Tooblueforyou
    2:50 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Sorry I love shabazz, but after seeing how davis has controlled the paint this year, i would def have to take Nerlens over Shabazz, slightly

122. Laker Cat 18
    2:57 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

There are a lot of reasons why I love this site, but there are a few reasons why I don’t. This is one of those reasons. Articles like this and some comments make you wonder why a kid would want to choose this school.

123. mocha
    3:04 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

If I could only choose one, I’d take both.

124. Carl
    3:08 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I’ll have to see more evidence of the “mass exodus to the NBA.” Lamb and Jones are not consistent enough to jump, MKG needs to learn to make better decisions and Davis needs to put on a few pounds and show more of a post game. All have potential and all have a chance in the last 6 weeks of the season and the tournament to up their stock, much like BK did last year (which I think he’s second-guessing himself now). My recommendation to all of them would be to stay in college as long as you can, once you move to the NBA it becomes a job.

125. Blue balls
    3:16 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Syracuse already has Fab Melo and Coleman coming in. There is now way Noel goes anywhere else. Shabazz is the only one that might not come but my guess is he’s a cat

126. KNOWITALL
    3:34 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Whoever wrote this needs his head examined,we want all of the best players there are to come to be part of BBN…PERIOD!

127. greg
    3:39 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

i will be happy with whoever coach wants….because whoever coach wants, coach gets.

128. Dripin Swagoo
    3:48 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I bet half the people on here have not seen either of them play.

129. Whoof Arted
    4:36 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

100. No, you win by scoring more points than the other team, which means defense is equally important

130. Token2Extreme
    4:54 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

If one doesn’t choose UK, I prefer the one that does choose UK! Otherwise, I prefer both.

131. This Guy
    5:39 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Nerlens has great hair, this could give him the slight advantage, but the the shoes Shabazz wore his last game on were TV pretty legit, so we know he’s got some swag too. In all seriousness though, we know its going to come down to who stays and who leaves. If everyone leaves (jones, davis, teague, lamb, gilchrist) we could possibly get Nerlens, Shabazz, and Anthony Bennett. Whatever happens it at least gives us a little more recruiting entertainment until the signing day.

132. Brow Blockin
    6:26 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Noel, We will be blessed to have to guys back to back years like Noel and Davis. While shabazz is a a great player and hope we get both if I had to choose it would be Noel, hes to big of a game changer like Davis on defense. Pray we get both! Throw Bennet in they’re to and its over!

133. Furry Beaver
    6:35 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Take Nerlens. He’s got offensive game too my friends.

Noel Noel Noel Noel!!!

134. eastkyfatkid
    8:10 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

I will take any or all….but IMHO….I believe that Noel woulds be the need met the most with what is possibly leaving

135. Blake
    11:22 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Noel….look at his hair for pete’s sake…. NOEL!

136. Lariat
    11:25 pm February 2, 2012 Permalink

Laker Cat 18 still bitching after all these years…nothing changes huh? Your opinions always suck and are always on the wrong side of intelligent…turn down the retardation bro.

137. Dave Ball