Let’s make car noises! (Tuesday Show Thread)

We’re not really making car noises on this morning’s show. But watch that clip from America’s Got Talent in Australia if you want to be impressed by someone who does.

Instead of beat boxing the sound effects of a Kia Rondo, Matt Jones will be on the air this morning to talk about basketball recruiting and everything else going on in the world of UK sports. As always, you can join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080 or send a text to the TEXTING MACHINE at (317) 385-5148.

Topics include:

— Bill Clinton comes to Lexington

— A podcast with a couple of Duke guys

— Terrence Jones delivers flowers

— A lot more…

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Article written by Drew Franklin

210 Comments for Let’s make car noises! (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. Travis
    9:57 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Terrence Jones is a true gentleman and good American. Yes indeedie!

2. Shannon The Dude's Date
    9:58 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Shannon The Dude’s Date

Shannon,

I have to cancel our It’s Just Lunch date again. It’s not me, it’s you. I hope we can still be friends.

XOXO

-Sharron The Chick

3. Jax Teller
    10:01 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Travis – After seeing the girl, I’d have made sure to bring her flowers too.

4. Bear
    10:01 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I live in NKY and based on what all of the local tools are saying UK will be not met with a lot of enthusiasm tonight at Great American Ball Park.

5. Travis
    10:06 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Agreed, Jax! I hope he got those digits and asked her out for an “It’s Just Lunch” date. Terrence will teach her ’bout KY!

6. Jax Teller
    10:07 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Matt – Shot of Bourbon and Honey. Works 100% of the time, 60% of the time.

7. TAXman
    10:08 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

probably not the best choice of words, having a large greyhound in your throat.

8. Jax Teller
    10:09 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Real men don’t just play smash mouth football, real men turn cartwheels and somersaults on the sidelines, tucked safely away from the action
    Fourth down and inches, the game’s on the line, it all comes down to you. will you call for a perky pyramid, or a line dance?

Here’s to you Mr Male Football cheerleader.

9. zack
    10:10 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

A friend of mine when he was at UK got a student ticket and walked down to floor and him and another friend told security they were cheerleading recruits and watched the game from the floor.

10. Dan
    10:10 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I knew some highschool football players who went of to be male cheerleaders in college.

11. bung
    10:10 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

i took her flowers last week…she refused them…

12. j
    10:11 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

a guy I know that cheered for UK was a high school wrestler who did gymnastics when he was a kid and he said that some girl he went to high school with suggested that he try cheering

13. Laker Cat 18
    10:11 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

That cat may be cheering for UK next year.

14. Travis
    10:11 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Ryan…are you the last person to hear any noteworthy story about the Cats? Maybe you should read KSR? BTW…did you know the Flat Top Feller committed to KY and the five underclassmen announced they are entering the draft? Ha!

15. AT WORK
    10:11 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Matt, there are quite a few CO-ED high school cheer teams in Kentucky, also nationally there are several CO-ED high school cheer teams,

16. Triple H
    10:11 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

That car sound video is classic. I wonder if he can make the bobby petrino motorcycle crash sound?

17. Kidnut
    10:11 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

That girl is dating Patrick Sparks! The chemistry of Devastation Inc has been devastated!

18. Jimi,Garden of Eden
    10:13 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Matt…Good Tequila works great for scratchy throats etc…1 shot ever 15 minutes until desired results are achieved…ask Ryan,works ever time…trust me,I’m a Doctor…

19. Scoddee
    10:13 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

@#7 It’s just Matt being Matt.

20. J in Orlando
    10:14 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Today I would like to discuss Arkansas’ infatuation with UL’s sloppy seconds…and waterbeds, of course

21. GummyBear
    10:14 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Gerald Fitch was hated on Team Turmoil and ended up being beloved!

22. Jax Teller
    10:15 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

You can lose the fanbase, but winning cures a lot of ills. Had this team not gone on the roll they did, Clarence wouldn’t be beloved like he is now.

23. Azubuike's Bicep
    10:15 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I saw it first hand on Saturday in Northern Kentucky. A little kid was in front of me at Cardboard Heroes, and as soon as the kid said, “Hi Terrence,” Jones lit up with that big grin he would show in games. On the flip side, Teague seemed like the last place he wanted to be was around the fans.

24. milnicks
    10:15 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Remember the hot-dog crust pizza? It has gotten worse: Pizza Hut in the Middle East has a pizza with “perfectly grilled mini-cheeseburger gems, nestled in golden crown crust.” Awesome.

25. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:16 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Mark Coury still tops Terrence regarding transformations. He came in as a nerdy, uncoordinated, and unpolished basketball player. Mark left as uh, uh,….Nevermind, Terrence had the best transformation.

26. Digger Phelps
    10:16 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Listen to me, listen to me, HEY this is UK’s day. Don’t ruin it for them. Get out and vote. We are currently getting crushed. http://www.gamedayvote.com/

27. ryan
    10:17 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

travis – i can’t agree with you more! someone tried to convince me though that britney spears and k fed got a divorce. come on!

28. WeAreUK
    10:17 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Matt I have been with KSR since the beginning, but some of the articles getting posted are very poorly written and copies of previous stories. Can you please get this under control, this great site deserves better. Thanks for all you do

29. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:17 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

This Shannon The Dude “It’s just lunch” saga reminds me of Ted on “How I Met Your Mother”. He signed up for a dating service in New York and didn’t have any hits for the longest time. When he finally got a hit, it turned out that the lady had already been matched with someone else, even though he had a higher compatibility with her. It just never worked out for him. Sorry, Shannon.

30. Your Not a Mack By No Means Jones
    10:17 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Matt how can you give dating advice to Shannon when you have no game and a terrible haircut w no girls by your side unless they are from KSRCollege.com?

31. Kidnut
    10:18 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Matt, there is high Pollen going on right now…it may be allergies

32. Paratrooper
    10:18 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Bill Clinton ? Why is that piece of trash polluting our BB program ? A serial RAPIST. Just ask Juanita Brodderick, Secretary of Agriculture in Arkansas when he was running amok as “Governor.” A villain, an absolute VILLAIN. Had Bin Laden in custody TWICE and let him go. Then set up the Gorelick Wall in the Justice dept. that prevented them from sharing information with the FBI, etc. about muslims in flying school who weren’t interested in learning how to land planes only in flying them. The blood and burnt flesh of 9/11 can be laid at your stinking feet, Slick Willie. Have another cheeseburger, you bloated pig.

33. Backspacer
    10:19 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Rex Chapman – Star Athelete into Rapper.

34. Matt would you mind . . .
    10:19 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

to epress your opinion on something? I am a lifelong UK fan and Reds fan. A large majority of callers to the Reds Radio shows yesterday were angry Ohioans who said they would boo the UK team and were literally irate that the Reds are honoring the Kentucky team. This really makes me upset and makes Ohio Reds fans seem pretty awful? your thoughts?

35. drew is cool
    10:19 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

30 – not necessary

36. Hoover
    10:19 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Terrance took the UL cheerleader flowers cause he’s taking advantage of it being “Cuffin Season” just ask Bookie!

37. Allen
    10:20 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Ramel Bradley is my least favorite player of all time at uk.

38. DW
    10:20 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Worked with a former U of L cheerleader who went to a Jr. college that specialized in cheerleaders and was on full ride at UL for 2 yrs.

39. zack
    10:21 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Top 5 moment for me when Ramel looked up at Bogut and said “Do somethin”

40. KingTut
    10:21 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Everybody I knew hated Fitch.

41. Pkreisle
    10:23 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Joakim Noah plays for uk…. You like him? I’m sure I would. Just can’t imagine liking that dude

42. Keith
    10:24 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Fitch was at the game you are talking about. He just didn’t play. At the time no one knew why or what was going on but if I remember correctly didn’t he get suspended for getting into a fight with Cory Sears on the plane?

43. Jax Teller
    10:24 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Ryan – spill the beans on the “breaking news”

44. Rebecca Manns
    10:24 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Why don’t I ever get flowers? 🙁

45. drew is cool
    10:24 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Wondering about the breaking news involving Shannon and Drew?

46. zack
    10:25 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Why did Fitch and Sears get in a fight i knew they did but i never knew why.

47. FallsOnDefEars
    10:26 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Does Ryan bring anything to this show? Aside from being Matt’s whipping boy, I don’t really see anything.

48. ryan
    10:26 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

it’s just a funny story about their “it’s just lunch” dates. nothing big

49. Adam
    10:26 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

This show is getting really dark, really fast. God forbid Annie calls.

50. Brent
    10:26 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

#32 Calling you a retard would be giving you too much credit.

51. bluejunkie
    10:27 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Does anyone know of any Louisville area signing dates for Michael Kidd-Gilchrist? My 15 yr old daughter really wants 2 meet him

52. ryan
    10:28 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

FallsOnDefEars – i take pride in actually bringing nothing to the show on a daily basis and just enjoy being the whipping boy. a role i think i play extremely well

53. zack
    10:28 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

“Champions” is a big one my wife cheeered for them in high school

54. Talking threw my nose
    10:28 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

BBN Rocks

55. drew is cool
    10:29 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

we just out here stuntin’

56. WeAreUK
    10:29 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Dang Matt u were rude to her..

57. Biggass Hungguy
    10:30 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Matt Jones did you ever talk about the draft positions of the players you teased going into the break before the 2nd hour yesterday.

58. QuoteoftheDay
    10:30 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

“Women … they’ll always get ya.”
    – Matt Jones

59. Beans
    10:31 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

So the obvious conclusion from today’s show: Shannon the Dude should start cheerleading.
    Problem solved.

60. Dave from Christian County
    10:31 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Shawn he cheerleader – “talenting”?

61. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:31 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I started doing somersaults last week and I haven’t slept in seven days. Rehab is the only option to get me off these things.

62. Jax Teller
    10:31 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Not sure about all that cheerleading stuff, but I’m just stuntin’ like my daddy.

63. Scoddee
    10:32 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Putting your hands where they put them WOULD be addicting…and legal.

64. Jax Teller
    10:32 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

61 – Nicely done.

65. WeAreUK
    10:34 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

51. MKG will be at cardboardheroes in Mall St.Matthews from 6-8 today

66. JayCee
    10:34 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Had a good friend that was a male C/L at Carson-Newman. He gushes about how great it was. There were 4 males on his squad and they would have “tiffs” with the football team for gym time. All 4 had more cuts than my man Chuck Chillout.

67. Kidnut
    10:34 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

It isn’t a big controversy in Cincy…just a few loudmouths is all.

68. cuzthereaintno4's
    10:35 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

WE LOST THE #1 RECRUITING CLASS ON ESPN!!!

69. WeAreUK
    10:35 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Matt are you ever going to post your Trophy Tour stories?

70. Azubuike's Bicep
    10:35 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Mo Eggar is scorning the Reds fans for this, and he is a big host up here. Plus, Reds don’t draw that big of a crowds anyways…

71. KingTut
    10:35 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

If they boo, we burn every couch in Cincinnati…

72. TAXman
    10:36 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Reds fans don’t show up to watch baseball games, ESPECIALLY on a Tuesday night, they aren’t going to go just to boo UK. This is getting too much attention.

73. Azubuike's Bicep
    10:36 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I would go to the game, but Miller is signing autographs at The Kentucky Shop up here at the same time….bad timing.

74. JB_UK
    10:37 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

On the Reds facebook page there was a lot of stupid comments.

75. Jax Teller
    10:37 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

The hate for UK up here is bad. The UC, UD, Miami, and OSU fans all despise UK and their fans. Welcome to my life. Haters gonna hate.

76. Bigcat76
    10:37 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

“America’s Got Talent” in Australia…really DREW? Well, no wonder there’s no talent in America they moved to Australia so they could get on a TV show about talented Americans. Is that like French Fries in France.

77. Kidnut
    10:37 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Would there be people in Nashville pissed if they recognized UK’s championship at a Titans game?

78. Jax Teller
    10:40 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Ken with the unintentional comedy — “the movie was a flop”

79. Laker Cat 18
    10:41 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

66. Was Deaton still coaching football down there? He didn’t do squat at Campbellsville U.

80. Tampa Satchel
    10:41 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

They used the real fall in the movie. You can see the “Lexington Skyline”.

81. Transy Clay
    10:42 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Reds fans are crazy, they don’t get it:

From listener Bill
    Some quotes from the Reds Facebook page regarding Tuesday’s UK Basketball NCAA Championship celebration at the GABP :
    “Keep that fecal matter on that side of the river.”
    “HOw in the world are Buckeyes fans going to allow this??NOT IN OHIO!!”
    “Boooooooooo! Hello most people hate UK and their crooked program.”
    “Sure wish there was a dislike button. Can’t stand UK.”
    “I wish I could be there so I could boo in person.”
    “Stay in kentucky where you belong”
    “It will be funny to see 98% of reds fans boooo them.”
    “You just lost a lot of reds fan when you team up with those cheaters from Kentucky… Smh…. How about the reds show the local schools some love like the bearcats or Xavier? C’mon Man”
    “Makes me like the Reds a little less.”
    “Thanks for the heads up, I was considering going to that game, now I know to stay home.”
    “Great so the Reds are hosting the SUcKCats, kind of acknowledgement of the start of their own season.”
    “Well… I was going to the game. forget it now”
    “Whooopty- doo. I can’t wait until they have their championship vacated by the NCAA.”
    “I hate this! I live in ky and I believe the should stay in that city down south!”
    “Makes no sense! If Ohio State or UC had won, would any other sporting event in Ky had celebrated… NO! Let Ky celebrate this! Keep it in Ky! Cincinnati is in Ohio not Ky.”
    “The only reason to go to the game is the Reds not some two bit team from Kentucky they may have the NCAA but well see how long it lasts. Calipari was in UMASS and Memphis and left before the heat got to him coincidence I think not”
    “Wish I could be there to join in the boo’s”
    “Well never going to great American ball park ever agin”
    “I just puked in my mouth.”
    “I’ll be sure and stay home and keep my television off. GO HOOSIERS!”
    “Kentucky the best team money can buy”
    “How much did the wildcats players get paid while in school”
    “Well I liked the reds but if they are stooping that low…well Go Yankees!”
    “Note to self; listen to game on radio that day.”
    “UK one and doners shouldn’t be honored. They will never be in KY again after the draft. Honor true college athletes like OSU and U of L!!”
    “That’s one game I refuse to go to!”
    “frankly, I have to say this is not a good marketing move….don’t hate the Wildcats, they had a talented team this year…I’m a Muskie and proud of it. just don’t understand the marketing strategy here….”
    “Now I know I for sure I wont go to the game”
    “UK’s players probably have a higher payroll than the Reds…”
    “Love my Reds but will be glad not to be a Great American Ballpark. I’m from Kentucky and refuse to support anything involving Calipari”
    [email protected]#k U.K. !!!!!!!!”
    “How about you recognize UC instead. Or OSU. Or anyone except UK.”

82. TylerF
    10:42 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Maybe Ken went to the Tipton School of crowd estimation.

83. It'sJustLunch
    10:42 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Did STD tell the lady at It’s Just Lunch that he didn’t like women sport announcers?

84. That's Live Action!!
    10:43 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._J._Bakunas says it was 1,000 people (and Wiki is never wrong!)

85. Mash Davis
    10:43 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Here is a youtube link to the movie Steel. The fall is at the 12:50 mark, however it was not included in the final cut of the film.

86. Vermont
    10:43 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

My mom and dad were both extras in Steel. My dad is in over a dozen scenes as a construction worker. It’s great to watch it and see my parents 30 years ago. My dad said Art Carney and George Kennedy were great guys. They would sit around and talk and joke with the “regular people.” Lee Majors “big timed” everyone, as did the female lead.

87. 'Steel' review
    10:43 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I remember one scene from this film: some chick was sitting between 2 dudes in the front cab of a big rig and took her top off.

88. Mash Davis
    10:43 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

89. Jax Teller
    10:44 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Can’t wait to tune in tomorrow to listen to the stunts gone bad for “Secretariat” while filming at Keenland.

90. Zombie A.J. Bakunis
    10:44 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Even I’m sick of hearing about me.

91. J in Orlando
    10:44 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

You know what would have helped break the fall? A waterbed…

92. UK-Chewy
    10:44 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Australian car guy – Drew follows the daily girl/humor blog, Brobible. I do too, and saw it on there last night.

Food- has anyone seen that in china or japan that you can get several piece of bacon for real cheap at burger king…well I saw a video of a guy getting a whopper with 1050 piece of bacon on it…crazy

UK/Reds – Cincy’s minor league team is Louisville Bats correct? Would Cincy honor Ohio St, Cincy, or any of the other 4 or 5 teams that were in the sweet 16 if they won…maybe, but No probably not (with exception of Cincy if they won tourney)…and since UK is the closest team and many of their fanbase is across the river, its smart to honor UK.

male cheerleaders -All the guy cheerleaders I know, I can break it down from their personality….they are either really feminine (or not straight) or they are super athletic and couldnt play football anymore so chose cheerleading. There was a video I saw of a gymnastic team/cheer team that there is a guy (obviously not straight and he is slightly over weight). Im pretty sure it was a college team and video is hilarious of them competing because he is in the center the whole time

93. JB_UK
    10:44 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Jerry Tipton said there was 2 people there watching the fall.

94. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:45 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Can we start from the stunt man’s birth? I only caught half of the life story.

95. RUPPS_rhetoric
    10:45 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

This guy is practically reading the IMDP page word for word.

96. JayCee
    10:45 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

79- I have no idea. I didn’t go there, just him, and he’s about 10 years younger than me. He was in school there from the late 90’s to the early 2000s if that helps.

97. Hans Gruber
    10:46 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

It’s not that hard. You just fall off the building in slow motion.

98. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:46 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

89 – Toby Maguire twisted his ankle tripping over Jeff Bridges’ eyebrows.

99. Jerry Tipton's Myspace page
    10:46 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Reporting that a man fell from the top of the Kincaid Tower, not sure of the man’s condition as of yet, details to follow.

100. ryan
    10:47 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

jax teller – that will be radio gold. remember the time the horse accidentally peed on the lead actor’s shoes. oh…that was so funny. 1,000 people were there to see it

101. Biggas Hungguy
    10:49 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

This would be a great day to have a call screener.

102. DjLance Rock
    10:50 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Gotta love RaRo.

103. Jax Teller
    10:50 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Pretty sure I saw “Ace Remington” in the most recent Samantha Ryan movie.

104. drew is cool
    10:51 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

i could really use an “it’s just lunch” story right now

105. Mash Davis
    10:52 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

106. That's Live Action!!
    10:52 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I wonder if Cal asked Clinton about the Arkansas situation. He’d be a great guy for Petrino to reach out to.

107. Mash Davis
    10:53 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Picture of the team with Clinton had to have been taken by a blonde with big hooters. Then followed up with a “It’s just lunch” date at Tolly Ho.

108. JayCee
    10:53 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

random tweet just now from Cheaper Than Dirt: “Bank of America and McMillan Group International are duking it out on Facebook over banking policy.”

Hahaha, Facebook is the devil.

109. DjLance Rock
    10:53 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

You are going to piss off the Ted Nugent supporters.

110. Rich Madky
    10:54 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Best 80’s Brave was Craig McMurtry.

111. Travis
    10:54 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Ryan…too funny, man. Everyday Matt asks you in the morning, “Ryan, did you read “x” article?” Everyday you reply, “No, I did not read “x” article.”

I know you’re a busy man and have a family, but it’s always fun to give ya a hard time.

112. JayCee
    10:55 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I’m not complaining, but can we fastforward the subject matter of this show by about 20 years?

113. Kidnut
    10:55 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

This just pulled from Lance McCallister’s blog, he has been defending having UK there the whole time.

Outrage follow-up
    Reds 2012 Caravan stops in Kentucky: 9
    Ashland, Lexington, Bowling Green, Grayson, Pikeville, Cynthiana, London, Louisville and Maysville.
    Reds radio affiliates:
    Ohio: 22
    Kentucky: 29
    Yea…what a crazy idea to honor the National Champion UK Wildcats tonight.
    Read more: http://www.espn1530.com/pages/lancesBlog.html#ixzz1syC0YPTh

114. j
    10:55 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Clinton was in town to speak to and visit with the Bluegrass Youth Sustainability Council http://www.kentucky.com/2012/04/23/2161622/former-president-bill-clinton.html

115. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:56 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Radio Ron can’t touch Jim Varney’s fame. Ernest Goes to Camp is a timeless classic.

116. zack
    10:57 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

10 bucks says we dont talk about.

117. pioneer
    10:57 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

The yay hoos that call into Lance’s show everyday are rediculous. Those people are the reason I continue to loath OHIO and all of their professional sports teams and college teams alike.

118. Dwayne
    10:58 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Is it just me or does Matt frequently say we’ll talk about that later and never talks about that later????

119. ryan
    10:58 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

travis – not offended. it’s usually deserved. feel free to continue!

120. lldjr
    10:59 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

UK baseball is #1 and still no mention….

121. ryan
    11:00 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

kidnut – thanks. good info. glad lance is taking a stand against the nut jobs up there

122. Travis
    11:00 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

How great is it that Coach Cal and KY will be featured as the Grand Marshall for the Pegasus Parade? Cal and the Championship trophy will be featured front and center in the parade. Lil bro will have a float where drunk women can throw-up the “L” for red beads and Final Four t-shirts. UK = Commonwealth’s Team

123. Saturday Evening News
    11:03 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Did you guys hear that the Reds are celebrating the UK national championship?

124. Jax Teller
    11:04 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

And with comment 123 it was c=nice of Larry Vaught to join the party.

125. Jax Teller
    11:04 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

^ nice

126. drew is cool
    11:05 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

120 – talked enough baseball yesterday. hope they can pull it out vs the cards with a weekday starter

127. James K
    11:06 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Listened to the Walk-On podcast. Interesting. You can tell they are learning what is interesting to listen to on a podcast, though. The Tony Parker talk was almost unlistenable.

128. UKChrisK
    11:07 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

If UK/Cal/school/media…etc didnt parade around the trophy and what we accomplished this year, then months later and entering next season we would be saying why didnt they go here or there..etc.
    The more exposure the more haters we will have. Anyone saying UK needs to stay out of Ohio (the closest pro mlb team) are jealous their ohio st school got beat by uk.

129. JayCee
    11:07 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

89- hosted by The Man From Snowy River.

130. Conner
    11:07 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

118 on a daily basis.

131. Jax Teller
    11:08 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Ryan saying “I remember it vaguely” translates to “I have no idea what you are talking about”

132. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:09 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

It’s a well known fact that married people only have sex on holidays!

133. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:09 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Clinton’s stops should have included: Frankfort to teach the art of balancing budgets, Louisville to teach the art of handling a sex scandal, and E-town to teach renovation at Shoney’s.

134. Walter
    11:09 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I can’t help but believe that UL fan interjection is listed
    below too. Rediculous!
    Quotes from Lance McAllister’s website:

From listener Bill
    Some quotes from the Reds Facebook page regarding Tuesday’s UK Basketball NCAA Championship celebration at the GABP:

“Keep that fecal matter on that side of the river.”
    “HOw in the world are Buckeyes fans going to allow this??NOT IN OHIO!!”
    “Boooooooooo! Hello most people hate UK and their crooked program.”
    “Sure wish there was a dislike button. Can’t stand UK.”
    “I wish I could be there so I could boo in person.”
    “Stay in kentucky where you belong”
    “It will be funny to see 98% of reds fans boooo them.”
    “Makes me like the Reds a little less.”
    “Well… I was going to the game. forget it now”
    “Wish I could be there to join in the boo’s”
    “Well never going to great American ball park ever agin”
    “I just puked in my mouth.”
    “I’ll be sure and stay home and keep my television off. GO HOOSIERS!”
    “Kentucky the best team money can buy”
    “How much did the wildcats players get paid while in school”
    “Well I liked the reds but if they are stooping that low…well Go Yankees!”
    “Note to self; listen to game on radio that day.”
    “That’s one game I refuse to go to!”
    “Now I know I for sure I wont go to the game”
    “UK’s players probably have a higher payroll than the Reds…”
    [email protected]#k U.K. !!!!!!!!”
    “How about you recognize UC instead. Or OSU. Or anyone except UK.”

Read more: http://www.espn1530.com/pages/lancesBlog.html#ixzz1syEQ8yc2

135. Line 4
    11:10 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

October 5 is the most popular birthday in the US, because of New Years.

136. j
    11:10 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

there are definitely more, definitely the birthday calendar in elementary school was overly full around my birthday Sept. 24; this is not a new theory

137. Zack
    11:10 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

August 19

138. drew is cool
    11:10 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I wonder what spectacular event occured before the conception of Chester’s boy

139. 78 NCAA Champions
    11:11 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I have thought about it before. Many born in March, nine months after June. June Brides!

140. J in Orlando
    11:11 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

The proper response is “Heyyoooo!!”

141. UKGrad93
    11:12 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

My birthday is Oct 5. It is the most popular birthdate. Since facts are optional, my source is the the Food Network’s “Unwrapped”. I think the Christmas, New Year’s Eve thing is why.

142. Bobby Digital
    11:12 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I was born on September 23rd. My siblings always tease that I was conceived on New Years Eve.

143. rose
    11:12 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

You say ” BURN IT UP BUFORD!”

144. Father of two
    11:12 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I’ve got two boys one from my birthday 1 week before Christmas and one from News Years.
    So you are 100% correct. There will be no national championship babies.

145. Kidnut
    11:12 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

“May your semen run true and your fallopian tubes remain wide” — sounds pretty appropriate

146. JayCee
    11:12 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

“Trying-to-have-a-baby sex” is about as fun and routine as filling your gas tank. True Story.

147. ryan
    11:13 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

august 18

148. Zack
    11:14 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Pitinos children were born nine months after the all you can eat night at the local italian restaraunt

149. Jared
    11:16 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

It happens, we live in Pittsburgh and our son came about 9 months after Snowmageddon and the hospital said the same thing about a spike in births.

150. James K
    11:16 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

People ACTUALLY compared Ramel to Gary Payton.

And the story always told with him was “He was on Telfair’s AAU team and he was the best player on the team.”

There are always stories like that with recruits that get told over and over.

151. Mason County Cat
    11:16 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Chris also was looking heavily at UL until Pitino pulled his scholly for Telfair.

152. ryan
    11:17 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

drew is cool – has to be the shoney’s remodel

153. Wayne Rooney
    11:17 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Roy Williams offered Jared Carter because he wanted another big in the mold of Serge Zwikker & Neil Fingleton.

154. Zack
    11:18 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Trying not to have a baby sex is alright

155. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:19 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I was conceived in January during National Soup Month. My dad’s chicken noodle would always get my mom going.

156. JayCee
    11:19 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

154- werd.

157. Laker Cat 18
    11:20 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

96. Ahh ok. I think he was an assistant there at that time. Heck of a nice guy, but couldn’t coach a lick of football.

158. Wayne Rooney
    11:20 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Far too much credit given to a plan regarding Loften & the other guards. Part of that is true, he had higher rated guys (Ramel-Rondo-Crawford), but the planning in getting them was nil. When Rondo called about coming after UofL focused of Telfair, Tubby said OK without discussing with staff about style, sharing time with Ramel, how he fit into roster, etc.

159. NashvilleCat
    11:21 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

The hatred for this UK team is on a level I have never seen before. The people I work with. My friends that are fans of other schools. Cincinnati Reds fans. Everybody.

I don’t get it.

160. phillip
    11:21 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Just had groceries bagged by Johnny Short, biggest smile when I told him I recognized his voice. KSR Nation is thriving.

161. Azubuike's Bicep
    11:21 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

What am i supposed to do?!?!?! Darius is signing at the same time as the game up here Matt!!!!!!!

162. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:22 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Don’t be knocking pork chops…tasty stuff

163. Tracy
    11:23 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I am at work and can’t call in, but I want to give a shout out to my boyfriend Matt….Happy 30th BDay! GO CATS!!!!

164. Jax Teller
    11:23 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I guess my wife being out of town and I have to get my kids isn’t an acceptable excuse for missing the Reds game either?

165. Kidnut
    11:23 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Part of my 20 game Reds pack is Wed and Fri night’s game, I am seriously considering going tonight but damn that is a lot of baseball!

166. ChicagoCat
    11:24 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

CHEESBURGER CRUST PIZZA – PIZZA HUT – MIDDLE EAST

Pizza ringed in Cheeseburgers and a pizza ringed in fried chicken fillets.

Worst part is that Pizza Hut has a “secret sauce” to drizzle on the pizzas.

167. big tim
    11:26 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

UT FB team had GPA of 2.06 last fall, 1.9 among scholarship players. 30 players on academic probation, 6 walkons. 2 on scholarhip are gone i guess thing are still bad at ut

168. UKGrad93
    11:26 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Speaking of stats, Matt did you see that the Sklar Brothers are starting a show on History called The United States of Stats? Saw the promo last night. Starts first part of May. Need to get them on again Matt.

169. Jax Teller
    11:26 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

You could play it at US Bank Arena, but it’s not very big.

170. Ryan
    11:26 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Middle of November is a popular birthday as well…nine months before is Valentine’s Day!!!

171. JB_UK
    11:27 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

US Bank arena?

172. Dud Wash
    11:27 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Yes, US Bank Arena. Same place where The Who fans died.

173. Scoddee
    11:28 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

@#117 It’s ridiculous without an “e” and loathe with an “e”.

174. Shawon
    11:28 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Cincinnati plays their home games in their on campus arena that is now called Fifth Third Arena.

The old downtown dump, er, arena is called US Bank Arena. It sucks. Actually they both suck. Fifth Third sucks less.

175. Jax Teller
    11:28 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Wow, just looked up capacity at US Bank and its bigger than I thought, 17,000. UC’s arena is around 13,500.

176. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:28 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I believe that the chance would be 1 in 14 🙂

177. JayCee
    11:29 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Gregg Doyel wrote a scathing article about Arky’s hire.

178. zack
    11:30 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

168 Henderson!! Sklar bro country is fantastic

179. ryan
    11:31 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

been to both arenas. The Shoe actually feels smaller than 13,500. would be a crazy, circus environment if they play there. it can get very loud. us bank area is a dump. never enjoyed uk’s games up there when they used to play 1 game a year up there. was glad that series ended.

180. 502Cat
    11:34 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Doron Lamb isn’t dunkin’.

181. Scoddee
    11:35 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I don’t like calling Shannon the Dude “STD”…and apparently neither do his prospective lunch mates.

182. JayCee
    11:36 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I’d wear a t-shirt that said, “John Short bagged my groceries!”

Get on it, Kroger.

183. zack
    11:36 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Matt gets his groceries Tea bagged in Louisville.

184. Kidnut
    11:36 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Matt, you are wrong about this.

185. smith
    11:36 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Speakin of Pat Forde. My friends boss was with him within the last few days and he told me Pat was doggin cal and saying he paid nerlens to get him here as well as anthony davis.

186. Rose
    11:36 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

IT’S OKAY MATT. MY SON’S LEGALLY BLIND AND HE TALKS ABOUT GOOD LOOKING WOMEN BUT ALL HE CAN REALLY SEE IS THE SHAPE OF THE BODY.

187. teresa
    11:37 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Matt, when is your lunch w/Jurich? Surely, I haven’t missed it…..

188. Smiffanator
    11:38 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

This guy is a retard

189. Jax Teller
    11:39 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

If love is blind, lingerie makes great braille.

190. Smiffanator
    11:39 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

#182 I would def. buy one of those shirts!!!!

191. Shouto
    11:41 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Doyle really doesn’t like John L
    Arkansas did it. Arkansas hired John L. Smith. Arkansas replaced one selfish, loathsome coach with another.

whole story

192. Scoddee
    11:41 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Matt, I have an idea to help you out. Buy the Rominey Rd groceries then drop them off at the homeless shelter/soup kitchen. Good for your soul…..and image.

193. JayCee
    11:41 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

189- Acne being the Stephenie Meyer of that genre.

194. Paducah Patty
    11:42 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Waiting for my lunch to listen to the podcast but I wanted to say how much my opinion of Terrence Jones has changed. Last year and for the majority of this year he was definitely not my favorite player. However, hearing him speak and watching his interaction with fans, I love the kid. I wish we could have seen that side of him while he was playing at Kentucky. Good Luck TJ!!!

195. Winston
    11:44 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I smell another Shannon the dude news alert. Calipari will NOT take 3 players from Scott county for next year.

196. ryan
    11:45 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

JayCee – great great idea. i would buy it today

197. ryan
    11:48 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

scott county has had some good players, and they’ve got a guy who is going to marshall this year, but i can only think of 2 that could possibly have played at uk – rick jones & scott hundley from the late 90’s

198. Bernard Shakey
    11:49 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I am a dork but a cool dork.

199. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:49 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

CBS, a leader in investigative journalism, failed in their attempt to hire the redneck Bill Simmons, is now trying to hire the redneck Mike Wallace. When are they going to give up on this formula?

200. zack
    11:49 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Pat Forde looks like the tow truck guy in Harold and Kumar go to white castle

201. Jerry Reed
    11:50 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Ol’ Fred never was much for talkin’… come back.

202. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:52 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Johnny Paycheck could have a romantic song about a working gal.

203. Bulldawg
    11:52 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I reckon David Alan Coe wrote Take this job and shove it. It was performed by Johnny Paycheck…

204. Bulldawg
    11:54 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

I agree!!!! If Joker does not produce send him on his way, BUT SUPPORT HIM NOW!!!!! HE IS OUR COACH!!!!!!!

205. PittDaddy
    11:54 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Deliberate and direct. Like a buck shot

206. Kidnut
    11:55 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

Marty is a Tar Heel fan…it is known.

207. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:56 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

The show crashes and burns right before landing, shame. That is some Mickey Mouse stuff.

208. UKfanFelicia
    11:57 am April 24, 2012 Permalink

what kind of dork watched the mickey mouse club

209. smith
    12:01 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

Johnny paycheck classic ; Dont take her shes all I got

210. Wow
    1:09 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

“America’s Got Talent in Australia?”

I believe they might just call it “Australia’s Got Talent”…Just a hunch…