Let’s get through it together on the Postgame Show

The Kentucky Sports Radio postgame show will start in five minutes over at WHAS.com or on your radio devices on 630 WLAP in Lexington or 84 WHAS in Louisville. Listen as Matt recaps Kentucky’s loss to Florida and the latest on Nerlens Noel’s injury and share your voices and opinions by calling 1-800-444-8484 or 502-571-8484.

35 Comments for Let’s get through it together on the Postgame Show

1. Podge
    9:56 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Nerlens will be fine. He didn’t hyper extend the knee. The cats on the other hand are done…

2. Havaniguila
    9:57 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Old school- you suck!

3. Yule
    10:01 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Which one is it?? 1 or 3

4. Deacon
    10:01 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

So, Florida’s stadium has no x-ray on site. Then, per ESPN he was taken to the hospital in a black pick up truck. Are you kidding me. He’s 6’10” with a bad leg and they don’t have an ambulance and instead they fold him up in a pick-up? Florida administration and facilities are sorry.

5. Ridge Runner
    10:01 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Sad day for sure.

6. beeeyah
    10:02 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

The girl’s hair in the photo matches the guy’s shirt. Mmmm Salmon!

7. KB
    10:05 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

When does the show start? All I hear is fricking Obama

8. Bubba Earl
    10:05 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Again, let me reiterate, Poythress is useless, no future in the NBA, Goodwin might bas well transfer, these kids will not play next year. They are timid, they are not Freshmen anymore, they have started now for at least 24 games, Sophmores now with their playtime. They need to tighten their belt or get the heck out of the game!!

9. bmt22033
    10:05 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

I still think Marshall Henderson is a douche but I’ll give him credit for this:

10. German Cat
    10:06 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Alex P and Archie G are frustrating to watch…How many times to Archie get called for a charge? New lineup: WCS, Mays, Polson, Wiltjer & Harrow

11. Big O
    10:07 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Prayers for Noel. His health I’d the main concern now. As for the game- just have to admit that the Gators have a better team!

12. Turkey
    10:08 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

4. They didn’t even have a stretcher. Good gosh.

13. Oscar
    10:08 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Marshall Hendrson, of all people, showing some class: https://twitter.com/NativeFlash22/status/301519805364707328

14. Tickle
    10:10 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

#8. LOL… How every Poythress is on a draft board is sad in itself. H£ll T jones is in the NBDL, Alex couldn’t hold TJ junk

15. JC
    10:13 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

is it just me or do the basket supports at florida seem closer than other gyms? there is nowhere to land. looked like it is three or four feet behind the baseline.

16. goober
    10:14 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

10–why do you want to start harrow? he’s mr invisible: 19min/0 points/one foul. didn’t even see him the last part of the game. this guy has serious issues of some kind

17. oldschool
    10:14 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

15 – I’m not a fan of the way Archie plays – but that’s pretty classless right there. Archie needs good coaching which would include a good benching and learning from the pine. Of course – that would require a coach who could recruit and develop a bench.

18. Rae
    10:14 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

13. First classy move of his life.

19. bmt22033
    10:15 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

This is probably not going to be a popular opinion, but I do hope that Goodwin, Poythress and WCS get drafted. If not, I can’t help but think that our chances with Wiggins and/or Randle probably decrease.

20. hotstuff
    10:16 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Michael in Dallas was a sperm when Jamal Mashburn played, Matt.

21. German Cat
    10:16 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

#17: Not counting Noel, i didn’t have another person to start…lol
    #15: You’re sick in the head, step off the ledge

22. Catlogic15
    10:18 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Oldschool…. isnt the sixth overtime about to start?

23. Tubby
    10:18 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

I miss MKG and Miller, they took alot of pressure of the guards goodwin and poythress dont have a clue.

24. beeeyah
    10:18 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Oscar.. you are my hero

25. bmt22033
    10:23 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

I hope Nerlens is well-insured. 🙁

26. kemonty
    10:24 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Matt was talking about how Wiltjer was playing so much better around the Ole Miss game – I wanted to say that both Poythress/Wiltjer both had improved around that time. The only thing to change since then is WCS has returned to the lineup. Since his return, it appears both AP & KW have regressed on the floor. Something just has not been the same with the return of WCS. The teams’ chemistry has changed significantly.

27. Troy
    10:25 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

#4 – are you kidding me? With the Florida football team facilities right there, you’d think they could use what ever imaging they had there.

28. bigblueincincy
    10:28 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

first off I wish Noel the best and hopefully he comes back soon. As for hoping it was someone else instead of Noel getting hurt is simply a classless comment. These kids are very young and havent progress that alot of people would hope but they havent. This team has NO leadership and will take alot of lumps before they can reach their potential. It’s alot easier for freshman to grow into the player everyone wants them to be when they arent being counted on as much as these young players need to be counted on. They had to step in and be the leading scorer, leading rebounder, leading everything because thats all we have, (young players). Our leaders are either sophmores or players playing for the first time in this system. Losing to Florida at Florida isnt bad. I’m watching Michigan State taking Michigan to the woodshed right now. It Happens to everyone. We lost, ok let’s get up for Tennessee and someone needs to step up.

29. bornblue
    10:31 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Oldschool, why don’t you name one coach you would rather have than coach cal. Give me a name! Anyone that could do what he’s done in four years,moron!

30. Chris Cullum
    10:33 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Harrow?

31. CatsFan4Life
    10:35 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

I do believe UK is the 2nd best team in the SEC. FL is by far the best in the SEC and one of the top 4 teams in the nation even though they had 1 fluke game at Arkansas. FL will be in the Final Four and I believe a close favorite to win it right now next to Miami and Michigan St. UK was fighting and making a comeback when Noel went down. If Noel is not seriously injured, we will finish in the top 3 in SEC. However, if he’s done, unfortunately we lose against Missouri, at Arkansas and against FL at home and finish maybe at 4 or 5. The main concern right now however is Noel’s health.

32. Malted
    10:44 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

The truth about this team is they are young. They have no leadership. They let a bad play turn into multiple bad plays. They got manhandled tonight.
    This team allows the offense to dictate defensive effort. This is the sign of youth, ( typical from AAU). They just don’t have the 2 or 3 players that can lift them through the lulls throughout the game.
    I am a little disappointed in the loss tonight, but the remarks I have read are beyond ridiculous. Expectations of this team should be to get better each game. Tonight they didn’t meet that expectation, but UF is a tough place to play this year. Remember 2 years ago; we couldn’t win on the road.
    I hope the best for Noel. It’s hard to see someone that gives so much effort go down like that.

33. mudcreekmark
    10:49 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

This is exactly why the NBA needs to change their rules to allow high school kids get drafted if they are good enough. Noel would have been drafted out of high school and been a millionaire right now instead of worrying about his future. The NBA should go to letting high school seniors being able to enter the draft but if they decide to go to school or don’t get drafted(without getting an agent) then they must wait until their class has been out of school 3 years before being able to enter the draft. That would let players like Noel and Davis and Wiggins get paid and other players like Goodwin and Poythress stay in school long enough to develop their games to the point where they can actually make an NBA team.What will happen is these kids will be so close to graduating they will stay and get their degree. The NBA would be getting players that could actually help them and the college game would be back to where it should be. The way it was years ago.

34. CMTransy
    11:04 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

This whole season has been one of AAU/prep school ball: Get my stats; play hard when I have to (i.e., in my best interests); loaf when I can; don’t worry about the score, just my stat line; and pout when people demand more of me. Noel has been the exception to that rule and it’s a shame he may be sidelined. Two more points: Everyone goes on about how talented this group is. Really? Where’s your proof? Finally, don’t bank on next year’s #1 class — this one was #1 this year.

35. WildcatBanks
    12:11 am February 13, 2013 Permalink

Is the postgame show recorded where I can hear it later tonight?