Ryan Lemond is on vacation so Matt called in Adam Lefkoe of WHAS 11 News in Louisville to help dissect the awesomeness that was last night’s win in Oxford.  Have a listen as the two recap Kentucky’s victory and all the pieces that made it happen.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Topics include:

—  Kyle Wiltjer’s career-high 26 points

—  Nerlens Noel’s career-high 12 blocks

—  Alex Poythress’ second half

—  Archie Goodwin scored 24???

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Article written by Drew Franklin

272 Comments for Let’s break Shepard Smith’s heart by discussing the game (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:55 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

What a game last night… started out bad with the refs though. If we win maybe we can be a top 25 team.

I was driving and listening from 6p-to 6:30p on 630 WLAP and Dick G on his show for 30 minutes didn’t mention KSR, uncle matt, brother drew or cousin ryan once? Does he not like KSR? He is not a good American. No indeedy.

2. justafish2002
    9:55 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Huge win yesterday

3. dribble drive high five
    9:57 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Somewhere in Lexington, another foul was just called

4. Travis
    9:58 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Work days after a win > work days after a loss

Archie’s dunk….good gawd!!! I went nuts!!! #SCTop10

Also, will the Post Game show be posted, Matt? I couldn’t stay-up for it…Go Cats!

5. Ville Cat
    9:58 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Has there been any update or confirmation about Jason Hatcher? I really want this manchild in blue and white next year!

6. Chris
    9:59 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

5. He is officially recommitted to USC

7. Travis
    10:00 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

My prediction and what I hoped would happen came true…Archie and Alex went hard on both ends of the courts and were beasts, as well as Nerlens who is without question the NCAA DPOY, and Wiltjer and Polson who proved that the WBA can ball and ain’t scared of B-Rabbitt. Yessirr!!!

8. Al's IndiCats
    10:03 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

#6 with Kiffen at the helm at USC, you know there has to be some underhanded dealings going on.

9. Kaptain Kat!
    10:06 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

More important than Archies 24 was his defensive prowess against Henderson!

10. catscatscats
    10:06 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

People keep saying that UK has no shot against Florida. I believe UK will beat Florida at least once and possibly both times. The reason why I am comfortable saying this is because of match ups. Florida’s starting five is 1. Kenny Boynton 2. Mike Rosario 3. Erik Murphy 4. Patric Young 5. Scottie Wilbekin. I think we win four of these matchups with our starting five. Kenny Boynton is only better than Harrow because he can shoot. Other than that I will take Nerlens over Young, Archie over Rosario, Poythress over Wilbekin, and WCS over Erik Murphy. Florida plays like a team, but they are point blank period not as talented as UK. If we win those one on one match ups on defense we could beat them both times. Main thing about when we play Flordia is Alex Poythress. Florida has no one who can man up on Poythress, no one. If he keeps playing with heart like he has the last two/three games, we beat Florida no contest.

11. Kidnut
    10:06 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Adam, please provide your personal cell# so the “Empty Suit Guy” can leave you a voice mail with his insightful criticism.

12. Doug the Prosecutor
    10:08 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

If last night’s performance doesn’t warrant the playing of the “Nerlens Noel” song (“The First Noel”), I don’t know what does.

13. Jax Teller
    10:08 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Archie had probably the quietest 24 I’ve ever seen.

14. G-Unit
    10:08 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

5-6- and anyone wondering about Hatcher:

This is totally a smoke screen to shut down Jason’s recruitment… A LOT OF SHADYNESS WITH THE ARTICLE ON USC RIVALS AND MANY THINGS DO NOT ADD UP. The USC rivals article says the mom said this and that yet not a tweet or a peep has come from Jason himself… Also for this article to be true his mother had to be in her living room doing a visit with UK’s coaches while on the phone with Gerard Martinez a reporter for USC rivals site… The USC writers are a bunch of sunshine pushers that don’t want to state the truth that USC’s class is falling apart at the seams. She may have told them he was recommitted, but she is just shutting his recruitment down just like Rashaad Samples mother did. It was too stressful for the family and her son… It is gonna be so great to watch him put that UK hat on and hear the Trojan faithful whine like the stuck up bitches they are. This was done to stop all the hype and stress… He will put a UK hat on at the end of the day…mark my words- Here is the SHADYNESS:

1- why do the interview with mom if son is in the home?
    2- if he recommitted why did he not verify it himself?
    3- if he was recommitting why have a visit with UK’s staff last night?
    4- do you honestly think that he was in one room doing a visit with UK and she was in the kitchen on the phone with a USC writer?
    5- do you honestly think she can afford to fly to and from LA on her own dime once a month?
    6- you think USC h has the balls to give up that money while they are on probation?
    7- Pendergast runs a 3-4… Jason does not fit in a 3-4 defense at all….

15. Debby Downer
    10:08 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Nerlens was dominant, but 2-8 on free throws has to be fixed.

16. Smitty
    10:09 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

10. We have been more talented than any of the teams we have played. It will be tough on the road

17. St. Paul Raiders
    10:10 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

10- Your enthusiasm is great, but I think you’re underestimating Florida, especially Murphy. He may not look like it but the kid can ball.

18. WestWorld
    10:10 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Shepard Smith is an idiot. How he ever became a news anchor is beyond me….

19. Earache
    10:11 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

I know what’s going to be on the 2014 Season Never Ends Calendar for Jan 29, Nerlens Noel’s record setting blocked shots.

20. UK2K
    10:11 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Come’on Matt, Lefkoe??? He trolls and takes jabs at #BBN like crazy, you can get a better co-host then him

21. Chris
    10:11 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Looks like ol’ Shep still wearing all that makeup.

22. UK_JB
    10:11 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Has Leftco been in a scheme like cousin Ryan?

23. ktmiln2
    10:12 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

I love the referee watching a guy falling down with the ball, landing out of bounds, and not calling anything.

24. Mikey1286
    10:13 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Huge win for the cats last night. Loved the toughness we showed in the 2nd half. Wiltjer was unbelievable. Only bad thing about last nights game were the refs. Why do SEC refs feel that they have to put their mark on every big game in the conference. It was so hard to watch the 1st half becuase there were fouls called on every other possession. There was no rythm to the game in the 1st half, I just hate watching games that should be so entertaining, and instead your watching guys take free throws.

25. ktmiln2
    10:15 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Brad Nessler said that 30-footer that Marshall Henderson threw up was “in his range,” after it drew nothing but the backboard.

26. JBazz
    10:16 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Lefkoes is dead wrong on Jimmy Dykes last night. I thought he was great–probably the best call on a game I can remember from him. He did a good job breaking down our offensive success with having Wiljer involved in all the screens and other action. He also had a great take on our freshmen (except Nerlens) and how they’re not ready for the NBA.

27. WildcatAaron
    10:16 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

c’mon – I really like Nessler AND Jimmy announcing UK games! Maybe that’s also because I don’t like the alternatives

28. confused
    10:17 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Who is Shepard Smith?

29. BlueRedNeck
    10:17 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Someone should have yelled at Henderson after one of his flops: “Marshall, you’re playing like Betty White out there!”

30. Rockfield, KY
    10:17 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

I thought it was common knowledge that Jim Neighbors was gay. My dad used to always joke about it.

31. HillbillyInBC
    10:17 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Still can’t get over how seriously the Marshall Henderson bang-to-hype ratio is skewed toward the denominator. He looked like the fourth-best player on his own team last night.

32. Richmond
    10:17 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Patton Oswalt tweeted today: “I’m sure SOMEONE’S already Tweeted “Surprise, surprise, surprise” about Jim Nabors marrying his partner of 38 years? #stillmakesmehappy”

33. Ryan Lemond is not walking thru that door
    10:17 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Adam Lefkoe sounds exactly like Ryan. Although he does not perform well as Matt’s Ed McMahon.

34. Real talk
    10:18 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

USC is a joke. Lane kiffin is a joke. This has sketch written all over it. I will not be surprised if hatcher commits to uk.

35. Homestead Fred
    10:18 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Really, Matt?!! Jim Nabors has not been in the closet since Rock Hudson died in the ’80s.

36. Alex P in Lexington
    10:18 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

I’ve started balling because I heard Ashley Judd is single. Wanna impress her with my moves.

37. ukpat714
    10:18 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Aunt Bea! I always thought something funny was going on when she was supposed to be having tea with the girls!

38. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:18 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

I knew Aunt Bee had eyes for Helen Crump.

39. Terrence J in Houston
    10:19 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

@36….been there, done that.

40. BlueRedNeck
    10:19 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

12, if this happened a month ago it could be “the Twelve Blocks of Christmas”.

41. catscatscats
    10:19 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

I know Erik Murphy is good, I just feel like when he has someone as long and athletic as WCS guarding him, he will have trouble getting his shot off.

42. Bob Loblaw
    10:20 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Jim Neighbors has been out of the closet for a long time.

43. mocha
    10:20 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

“tried to reach in from behind and tap the ball”. karen sypher thinks that is funny.

44. Teach Me Bout Kentucky...
    10:20 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

I think Terrance Jones needs to make a new song to help fix Marshall Henderson’s grill.

45. confused
    10:20 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Jim Nabors hasn’t been in the closet in forever…he is known for his Rock Hudson parties in the 70’s

46. j3k
    10:20 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

its going to be a rough #whitegirlwednesday for henderson. Everyone poor out a little coors light for him.

47. Jared
    10:21 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

My favorite Jimmy Dykes line last night was when he pointed out there were 26 fouls called in the first half, but they could have called 10 or 20 more.

48. BlueFins
    10:21 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt, your first clue was his character name was “Gomer Pyle”

49. UK_JB
    10:21 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

I do remember TBS always had the weird times of 5:05, 5:35, 6:05.

50. Nerlens12thBlock
    10:21 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

I came at the end of the game when Ole Miss threw up their last ‘shot’ in the lane and Nerlens kind of pushed it to Wilt for a run out then time expired.

51. SMH
    10:21 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

What’s next, Mike Piazza?

52. L2C8
    10:22 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I meant to make a comment yest about something I found very funny and UL fans took hard. Jay Bilas was at the UL game against Pitt and at Half time, they asked him, Jay do you see any NBA prospects on the court tonight. Well he said Deing of course, but they asked him about Siva & Smith and he straight up said, WELLLLL their problem is their too small, and the croud went nuts, Booooo. I stood up laughing and clapping and making an ass of myself. LOLOL Just wanted to share that with you.

53. Ryne
    10:22 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

What about the idiot before the game, saying that kentucky will be lucky to get 58 points… How bad is it watching the Big 10? No way anyone from the Big 10 wins it all this year… Last time I checked you had to score points to win

54. BlueRedNeck
    10:22 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Nerlens proclaimed at the start of the season that he was going after Anthony Davis’ blocked shots record, and right now it looks like he means it! I would have never believed that someone would break that record, especially in one season!

55. UK_JB
    10:22 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Also a lot of liberals in central kentucky hate matt walsh.

56. L2C8
    10:23 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

What about the pic you put on KSr with the guy LAYING OUT OF BOUNDS and the Ref looking right at him and ……. NOTHING. I went nuts on that play.

57. Scotty B
    10:23 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

I’ve known Gomer Pyle to be out since I first saw him sing at Indy 500.

58. Dude
    10:23 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Jon Hood bares some resemblance to the Courtney Gains character from the movie THE BURBS.

59. L2C8
    10:24 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

BIG WIN, We’ve started our march to the Tour. #WEAREUK @MHenderson #WERTHECHAMPIONS

60. Leslie from Dayton
    10:24 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Im just surprised that anybody didnt think Jim Neighbors was gay.

61. Section 133
    10:24 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Shepard Smith is a complete fraud. During the lead up to the 2008 presidential debate at Ole Miss, he repeatedly represented himself as being an Ole Miss alum on Faux News. He actually flunked out after one semester.

62. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:24 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

KSR sidekick requirement – Lefkoe needs to let us know his views on the homeless.

63. BlueRedNeck
    10:24 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

52, I think Harrell for UL could be a sure-fire NBA prospect in a year or so. The kid is a beast – would have loved to see him in blue.

64. It'sJustLunch
    10:25 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

NCAA athletes can pursue TV money, thoughts?

65. Smitty
    10:25 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt,

I know that they had a “white out” last night but did you notice that no one was wearing orange, lime green, or pink at the game? I also took notice during the Ohio St. game and everyone seemed to be color appropriate.

66. Turner the Burner
    10:26 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

64. Elaborate

67. Bob Loblaw
    10:26 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Who could not be excited about last night’s game?

68. St. Paul Raiders
    10:26 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Dos Equis could make a new set of commercials with Paul as the Most Negative Man in the World.

69. Robster
    10:27 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt… Ask Adam WHY no one in the Louisville media ever asks Pitino tough questions? In other words, don’t make baby cry.

70. UK2K
    10:27 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Hey Lefkoe, how about the camera shot of all those empty seats at Yum Monday nite?

71. L2C8
    10:27 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

WILTJER DUNKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DID EVERYONE HEAR ME, WILTJER DUNKED. I didn’t know the big guy could get his tippy toes off the ground. I’m EXCITED after the past 2 games. I LIKE OUR TEAM!!!!!

72. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:28 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Is it just me or do Jim Crow states need to avoid having any events called a white out? Could be mistaken for a klan rally.

73. L2C8
    10:28 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

63 – O I totally agree, Harrell is a beast. I really like him and I really was hoping he would pick UK that day, but hey, win some you lose some.

74. Julius Mays's Face
    10:29 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Somebody farted.

75. ktmiln2
    10:31 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Bill Burr has been reffing so long he can remember Murphy Holloway’s freshman year.

76. inlinefor9
    10:31 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Mays response to any foul called on him is priceless. A lot of them are cheap fouls, but it’s hilarious to see the look of shock when they blow the whistle.

77. inlinefor9
    10:32 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

#72 Well they had “blacks out” for so long that I guess they got confused when trying to treat all things equally.

78. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:33 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Wiltjer huffed some deer antler velvet before the game last night.

79. msdfin2012
    10:34 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Saying flat out that we are not going to beat florida on the road is ignorant, in my opinion. When position by position you have more overall talent than any team in the country you can beat anyone if you play well. We have not played well and lost all year, and we most likely wont (UL was the closest to playing well and losing) Florida is just another good team, but we have better player, we have WCS make free throws, and play like we did last night we can win the NC. Who can honestly match up with our players at their best?

80. Scotty B
    10:34 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Shazam!!!

81. Reality Check
    10:35 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt, there is an episode of the Andy Griffith show called “Floyd, The Gay Deceiver”. I swear. No kidding.

82. dd in danville
    10:35 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

When I was a kid it was on the front page of the National Enquirer that Jim Nabors and Rock Hudson were lovers.

83. inlinefor9
    10:36 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Well get in line behind at least 3 former basketball players.

84. L2C8
    10:36 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt, Ashley told me she is dumping him for the hunkiest Nose whistler in the world.

85. cats1068
    10:36 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Ashley Judd is 44 going on 45

86. Sir Brandon
    10:36 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Soup is a respectable way for a lady to maketh advances to a young gentleman.

87. L2C8

93. justafish2002

Yes, Josh Hopkins

94. Bluegrass

If he was single – Ryan Lemond

95. mocha
    10:37 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

bachelor over 40? rick pitino.

96. JW
    10:37 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

John Short though their political beliefs might clash.

97. L2C8

Pitino obviously

98. somervillain

Clooney

99. TulsaCat

Josh Hopkins?

100. Jax Teller
    10:37 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Josh Hopkins can do so much better than Ashley Judd.

101. Wayne Rooney

Adam, Adam, Adam: Josh can get MUCH hotter chicks than Ashley

102. inlinefor9
    10:37 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

I think we need to set her up with Brent Musberger. He would shower her with compliments.

103. Doug the Prosecutor
    10:37 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

If it doesn’t work out with Josh Hopkins, I’m sure Kenny Walker is interested.

104. Judd News
    10:37 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Judd divorce was the top news story in both the IndyStar and the Tennessean last night

105. NERLEN

George Clooney is the KY royalty you are looking for Matt

106. Rockfield, KY
    10:37 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt, you would help her political career since you are a liberal also and would help get her UK fan votes that are conservative. And you speak French.

107. Homestead Fred
    10:37 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

David Williams is available too!

108. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:37 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Lexington Mayor Jim Gray is a bachelor. I think he would be perfect for Dario.

109. Rob
    10:37 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Billy Gillispie. Ashley likes Dr Pepper too.

110. Bluegrass

Kenny Walker

111. ab
    10:38 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

How about the pyramid scheme guy?

112. chad
    10:38 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Tony Delk??

113. mocha
    10:38 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Josh Teater.

114. Rockfield, KY
    10:38 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Is Tony Delk single? Rekindle the flame?

115. Deacon
    10:38 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Johnny Goldchains from the “Kentucky Basketball Behind the scenes” series on ESPN.

116. Steve
    10:38 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Oxford’s Slim Shady tried to stand up but Noel blocked him.

117. BennyTheJet
    10:38 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Billy Ray Cyrus.

118. EC
    10:38 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

97) At least she’d be marrying up for a change.

119. elkcity2224
    10:38 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Eddie Montgomery

120. Rockfield, KY
    10:39 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

114. Josh Teater is getting married in March to one of my friends. No shot there. Plus, Josh doesn’t care about that type of publicity.

121. L2C8
    10:39 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Marshall “Crazy eyes” Henderson, I thought O boy was going t9o give birth to an alien a few times during the game.

122. BigBlueCPA
    10:39 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt,

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn’t it Jim Burr who screwed Rutgers in the Big East Tournament 2 years ago. If I recall correctly there was like 4 seconds left and a guy caught the ball ran out of bounds, all in front of Burr and he let the clock run out with no whistle for the travel or out of bounds. Watch it here:

123. mocha
    10:39 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Lukasz Orbzut

124. Rixter
    10:39 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Clooney is gay. Other than that, sure

125. ScroggieCat
    10:39 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Ashley Judd single? Who would want her? Anti gun, anti coal, anti hunting, other than being a cats fan, what is there?

126. Bubba Earl
    10:39 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Josh and Trashley, are on opposite ends of the political poll

127. JW
    10:40 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Larry Vaught would be PERFECT for ashley.

128. ukmoxie
    10:40 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Anyone else notice when Noel was shooting FTs, Henderson was running his mouth and Archie did the chirp hands and said “keep talking”… then he got shut down. Priceless.

129. Rockfield, KY
    10:40 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Tom Cruise is single again

130. mocha
    10:40 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Eric C. Conn and Ashley Judd would be a match made in heaven.

131. Juan4UK
    10:40 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

The Big Hitter for Ashly Judd

132. Juan4UK
    10:41 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

131, nice

133. Richmond
    10:41 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Richie Farmer would also have all the Marriott points a girl could ever need.

134. WildCat08
    10:41 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Ashey Judd and Lukasz Obrzut

135. EC
    10:41 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Henderson is as counterfeit as his dope money.

136. PhotoKat
    10:41 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

When is Shepard Smith coming out?

137. Turner the Burner
    10:41 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Billy Ray Cyrus

Michael Waltrip

138. Wayne Rooney
    10:41 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

The Big Cheetoh

139. L2C8
    10:42 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Marshall is probally on a drinking benge right about now. He is probally lying in a gutter with his tongue out making that crazy face waving his jersey.

140. Dinner Bell
    10:42 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

John Robic + Ashley Judd

141. St. Paul Raiders
    10:42 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

DTE a little excited with a new co-host in the building.

142. Steve
    10:42 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

129) I saw that and also noticed at one point after hitting a three, Wiltjer was running down the court yelling at his teammates, “Come on guys, what the f*ck!”

143. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:42 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

John “Pretty Boy” Robic would be perfect for Ashley Judd. He is the coolest dude in Lexington.

144. Laker Cat 18
    10:43 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

She should give Ricky Bobby a try.

145. chad
    10:43 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Drew Franklin?

146. L2C8
    10:43 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Ashley could do your little gig, It’s just lunch

147. BennyTheJet
    10:43 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

2 weeks ago no one could choose Marshall Henderson out of a lineup. 2 years from now Marshall Henderson will actually be identified in a lineup for an assault and battery charge.

148. Turner the Burner
    10:43 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

130. He isn’t from KY

149. juddluva
    10:43 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

JENNIFER LAWRENCE!!!! WE ALL WANT THAT

150. Sir Brandon
    10:43 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

The Konnor Tucker band could provideth music at Ashley’s nuptials reception.

151. philip
    10:43 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I’ve been around A Judd a couple times and she sees herself as far too international to go for “ky royalty”, why do you think she was married to the guy she was?

152. RUPPS_rhetoric
    10:44 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt, Ashley has to hook up with Eric C. Conn! The social security king of Eastern Kentucky… It only makes sense.

153. Scotty B
    10:45 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

If John Robic is single I’m on board with him.

154. Real talk
    10:45 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

I hear anthony Davis is on the market since his engagement with Britney griner was called off

155. chad
    10:45 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Is Rex Chapman single?

156. Nerlens
    10:45 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Did anyone else catch what i said at the free throw line to the ole miss player?

157. Stoopspoopsicecream
    10:45 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Jim Burr is still salty from that time he tried to show Alexander Hamilton how to clean a gun.

158. Scotty B
    10:46 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Michael Waltrip married Jim Nabors

159. Briscoe Darling
    10:46 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

How about Ashley Judd and Johnny Short go out on a date? He’s 47! YES INDEEDY! It would be a Jim Dandy of a first date!

160. WestWorld
    10:47 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

John Y Brown Jr. He’s available.

161. Rockfield, KY
    10:47 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Johnny Depp is pretty worldly and older

162. Florida Rob
    10:47 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

I met Ashley at the Library Lounge in 1986 (she was 17)
    she had WAY more confidence than your typical 17 year old.

I was 24 at the time and even then felt out of her league (this was before she was famous)

163. L2C8
    10:49 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

I THINK, UL has peaked and everyone is catching up and figuring them out. That is my personal opinion.

164. St. Paul Raiders
    10:49 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

158- Very nice.

165. L2C8
    10:49 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Kevin Ware cupped Rick’s butt and Rick got upset

166. BlueRedNeck
    10:51 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Winston Bennett – word on the street is that he is a ladies man.

167. Dude
    10:51 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Drew Is right. I saw Kevin Ware buying deer antler spray at Speedway a week ago.

168. BlueVoodoo
    10:52 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Get this ubel trash off the air.

169. Shagari
    10:52 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Orlando Antiqua

170. KansasFan
    10:52 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Adam just said everyone is losing to teams they should beat. Kansas has won 18 straight games after losing to Michigan St. on a neutral court, 2nd game of the season. They have 10 guys that can play, and a POY candidate in Ben McLemore and Def POY cand. in Jeff Withey. They are better than Florida.

171. cats1068
    10:52 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

U of L can’t shoot. That will be their ultimate undoing. You have to be able to put the ball in the basket.

172. Ryan
    10:55 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

JD Shelburne and Ashley Judd for sure!

173. That Guy
    10:55 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Hey Matt…. can we maybe talk about UK’s game last night or maybe football or Ole Miss cheerleaders or something? Hearing you try and get some dirt out of your guest host is a bit rough.

174. EC
    10:55 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Adam’s a homer.

175. cats1068
    10:55 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Lefkoe is a typical U of L apologist media member in Louisville.

176. JJ
    10:56 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Is Chester still with his wife or did they split ways? He could hold Ashley Judd’s attention all day!!

177. L2C8
    10:56 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Where has Fake Barney been lately?

178. Rockfield, KY
    10:57 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

171. Kansas is top 5, but right now we don’t know much because the Big 12 is weak. Same could be said for Florida.

174. I don’t think Adam Lefkoe will be back to guest host again.

179. Can't Wait
    10:57 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Can’t wait until we are a 16th seed in the tournament and playing Duke, AND put 40 minutes of game together. What a hoot. If and when we get into the tournament at whatever seed it might be, the team we play will be scared,,,,, well senseless,or [email protected]##$#@tless.

180. inlinefor9
    10:57 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Is that silence a sound of a bridge burning?

181. lakesidecatsfan
    10:57 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Did anyone see the headbutt to the chest that alex poythress took as he went to the bench after a big play last night from someone on the staff? Dang…dude went hard!

182. Scotty B
    10:58 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Off-Topic..Adam tell me about Angie Fenton

183. Woman of Louisville Who Doesnt love Lefkoe
    10:58 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

He’s a great radio personality, he’s not a good guy.

184. KCK
    10:58 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Welp, I think it’s safe that Matt has burned this bridge. Lefkoe’s never coming back on this show again, and you could hear it in Matt’s voice before the break that he realized that he pushed that a little too far.

185. Joe
    10:58 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Appreciate your transparency Matt, but you have to realize that Lefkoe has to report based on hard facts and not what he hears. It is great for this form of media but not others. And I would personally love it if the media in Lexington were UK homers. Isn’t that why we hate Tipton?

186. Lefkoe ruins everything
    10:59 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

No more Lefkoe.

187. whoamatt
    11:00 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

174. I agree Matt is going nuts for no reason. The guy can’t talk like you can, Matt. You have to realize that. How do you expect anyone else to want to come on your show? I like you but grow up man

188. danthecat
    11:01 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt and Ashley in episode of …”It’s Just Soup”..
    Kevin Ware is suspended because Benedict found out he went off for “three minutes” and he wasn’t going to have one of his players upstage the coach…

189. David
    11:02 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Has anyone talked about how similar Marshall Henderson is to Kyle Wiltjer. Throw out personality and antics, that’s not what I am talking about. Don’t look at anything but basketball. They are both their teams best shooter. Great for their teams when they are hitting, but both also defensive liabilities for their teams. If they are missing shots they don’t help at all. If you watched Henderson last night he was awful on defense. Shot 28% from the field, 18% from 3 and was a liability on the other end. Couldn’t guard Mays, Harrow, Goodwin or anyone else on our team. A big reason UK won. Just strikes me as similar to Wiltjer when he isn’t hitting shots.

190. TDKY
    11:02 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

If Ashley likes fast men, they don’t get much faster than Pitino!

191. justafish2002
    11:02 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

How about Johnny Depp? Juddo forever

192. Hoping
    11:04 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Will there be a podcast for the post-game discussion last night? I tried to stay up and listen, but I fell asleep.

193. MRW_BBN
    11:05 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

@71 – That dunk even got my tippy toes off the ground. I was pumped. I don’t think he has ever dunked. Like to see the fellas playing like this.

194. Carl
    11:06 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Henderson could learn from Texas A&M’s Turner. A silent assassin is much more deadly. He ended up looking like an assassin with the last 5 characters removed.
    GO CATS!!

195. The Phoenix
    11:06 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Just like the Phoenix, UK Basketball has arisen from the ashes of adversity. New attitude, effort, cameraderie, toughness–I love it!

In a way, I’m even more confident of this new-look team after it lost the lead. It shows a lot of cahones to put a game away when everything was looking like an epic trainwreck. Nerlens Noel is epic and I hope we all appreciate what a unique figure he is. I fear our string of superstars lately has kept his star from shining as bright.

196. Tony Winchester
    11:07 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

It’s always been common knowledge that Gomer Pyle putts from the rough. I remember the joke that he and Rock Hudson got married back in the 80’s. They adopted a child and named him Rock Pyle.

197. catscatscats
    11:08 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt, don’t sell the cats short, if they play great defense, they can beat Florida at Florida. Florida has not played good defensive teams.

198. Hash
    11:09 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

I felt the same about Doron Lamb. He was my dude. He seemed like he was a fun person to be around. Plus I really trusted him with that floater.

199. Bicycle Seat Sniffer
    11:09 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

I hate Travis’ calls. It’s like he’s speaking another language.

200. Still the best
    11:10 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Mays nickname should be “POPS”

201. Scotty B
    11:11 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Andy Milanokis was on “The Kroll Show” last week on Comedy Central. Nick Kroll is Ruxin on “The League”.

202. Richard The Investigator
    11:12 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Let’s talk about how big Coach Cal’s decision to put Noel back in the game as early as he did with those 4 fouls was. Trusted his big man and it paid off.

203. Richard The Investigator
    11:14 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

204. ukbradstith
    11:16 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Andy Milanokis has a verse in Snoop Dogg’s “Pocket like it’s Hot”. (Snoop is the new spokesperson for Hot Pockets). Youtube it,funny song, Andy Milanokis is a pretty good rapper.

205. Scotty B
    11:16 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

cue G Unit

206. Turner the Burner
    11:18 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

It is true…. Killed the bus driver too

207. Let's Talk
    11:18 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Good catch #203. I was thinking if it gets to 10 Noel has to come back. What a savior he was. Can’t hit freethrows, but dang what a “man in the middle”. We can’t survive without him in the game.

208. jill
    11:19 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

In the second half, when Cal sent Noel back in with four fouls he played rather passive and Ole Miss continued their run. After a few minutes he quit playing passive and started to dominate again and the Ole Miss run subsided. Do you think Cal changed his instructions to Noel on how aggressive to play?

209. Kyle
    11:19 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

The bus thing in Alabama happened yesterday night: http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/30/us/alabama-bus-man-shot/index.html

210. Goofdru
    11:19 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

211. The King
    11:20 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt, It is very true. Yesterday at 4 when they were dropping off some kid, this guy came up to the bus, asked for a 6 year old and an 8 year old. The driver said no, backed up, was shot multiple times and died. The kids escaped out the back of the bus, however the guy grabbed a 6 year old boy and is currently holding him in an underground bunker.

212. nate
    11:20 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

that guy is holding him in a bunker in alabama

213. Travis
    11:21 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

In regards to Jason Hatcher committing to the Cats…

“So you’re sayin’ there’s a chance???” #DumbAndDumb

Also, will post game be posted on iTunes? Thx

214. Obamanation
    11:22 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Sandy hook was faked!!!!!!! YouTube it

215. RondosDribblingHand
    11:22 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Has anyone said Tony Delk for Ashley. She has had a thing for him since his Final Four MVP in 1996.

216. G-Unit
    11:23 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

206- Yeah, he knows me… Sean’s a good guy… but there have been new developments with Hatcher this AM. Gonna be a tougher get now, talked to some ppl around Trinity football… dono whats happened but Hatcher has different thinking now… Not for sure if the kid even knows what he really wants… I think Hatcher is a “tell whoever whatever they want to hear” guy, which makes it difficult to judge…

217. Delaney Hanley
    11:23 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Graham willingham on housing discrimination commercial sounds like Adam lefkoe is that him?

218. Let's Talk
    11:23 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

I think Coach Cal told Noel, it is now or never, and he turned it back up a notch.

219. Azubuike's Bicep
    11:24 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

“Something To Be Proud Of” My favorite MG song.

220. Bob Cobb
    11:24 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

“You Do Your Thing, I’ll Do Mine” by Montgomery Gentry. The Bob Cobb Anthem.

221. UKJon
    11:24 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Gosh this is awful!

222. Bobby Petrino
    11:24 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Hey Ashley! You like motorcycles?

223. KCK
    11:25 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

“A Cold One Comin’ On” was a good Montgomery Gentry song. “Makes me wannan start thinkiiiiiiin’ about drinkiiiiiiin’!”

224. UKJon
    11:25 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Could name a single horrible song by Montgomery however!

225. UKJon
    11:26 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Couldn’t!

226. G-Unit
    11:27 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

MArcus Lee stat line last night: 17pts, 27 reb, 11 blocks, 4 assists last night! YIKES!

Check out his putback dunk! NASTY!

227. Dinner Bell
    11:29 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

I think the reason Polson, Wiltjer and Hood looked so good last night is because even though they don’t play a lot, they’ve been practicing in that system for 2 or 3 years and are very comfortable spreading the floor and passing until the shot or lane opens up.

228. ukbba2012
    11:30 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Goodwin is Projected lottery on Draft Express…people can keep saying goodwin and poy arent ready, but they are going to get guaranteed lottery money..literally no (good)reason to pass that up.

229. BBNinClearwaterFL
    11:31 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Wiltjer is no Dan Issel! Issel was a tough gritty player and never shyed away from contact. His toothless smile was priceless.

230. The King
    11:32 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt I think you misunderstood that last caller. He was simply concerned that other people might think we were trying to copy Duke by having the “white boy academy”

231. BBNinClearwaterFL
    11:33 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

“White Boy Academy” refers to Wiltjer and Polsons videos.

232. UKJon
    11:34 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Can she change his singing?

233. Scotty B
    11:35 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Stoops and Vince Marrow went to Cardinal Mooney also.

234. Loserville
    11:36 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt why don’t you talk about how Rick is running another player off.. ware?

235. Turner the Burner
    11:36 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Is there any value in staying if you are projected 10-20? Sure you get good money but, you may only be in the league for 3 years because you are trying to develop from basically an 18 year old kid to the NBA level with guys that are 26 and 27……

If you stay, you may still get picked at the same range but, you are more ready to earn that 2nd contract…. Just a thought on it.

236. mike
    11:37 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

The word is apoplectic Matt, not apocalyptic.

237. Hash
    11:38 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Only thing I would want Cauley-Stein back for is as a back up for Noel. Think they operate better as a team without both of them in there at the same time!

238. Greg
    11:39 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Adam Lefko is the worst! Frankenstein wasn’t available?

239. shouto

4th best RB in class

241. Nick
    11:39 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

238 totally agree!!

242. Hoptown
    11:39 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Hopkinsville has their own tv station with about 30,000 people.

243. Loserville
    11:40 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Ware and Peyton siva got in a fight in practice. Ware cussed at Peyton and tried to get physical

244. Hastings, Ne
    11:40 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

The Barel Bar in Hastings is a good place to eat if you are ever there

245. Mr. Drysdale
    11:41 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

…haven’t been listening today, still on an old podcast, but if you took the phrase “in this day and age” out of Ryan Lemond’s vocabulary, he would have a hard time getting any comments made.

246. Hastings Nebraska
    11:41 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Home of the Kool-Aid Museum

247. big j dawg
    11:42 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

U of L has a fibers department. It’s textiles like fabric, yarn, etc.

248. JBazz
    11:42 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Don’t you think if Wiggins was going to pick Florida St. he would’ve done it already? With Kentucky especially, and Carolina to some extent as well, he’s probably waiting to see what players enter the draft and which ones stay. Cal’s been on him quite a bit longer than Roy.

249. Hastings, Ne
    11:43 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Please remove comment #215 if that is possible

250. Marc in Lynchburg VA
    11:43 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Didn’t know where else to post this but I’m wondering if there has been any talk/buzz about a kid here in Virginia by the name of Thon Maker. He goes to a private school called Carlyle and we played them last night. He is 14 years old, legit 7 footer and moves much like Willie Collie Stein. He hit 100% of his 8 or so free throws, 2 for 3 3 pointers and 4 or 5 blocks. He might go straight to NBA but I was wondering if there was anything on Cal’s radar? I grew-up in Lawrenceburg and I listen to you almost daily on iheart radio in Lynchburg VA…love it!

251. jordan
    11:43 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Update, Noel blocks ole miss again

252. Nashville Cat Mama
    11:43 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Can we get the podcast from last night’s post-game? Please!!

253. EC
    11:44 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Ware repeated a Pitino joke Jr heard on KSR

254. Match Maker
    11:44 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Oscar Combs and Ashley ! How about those apples?

255. G-Unit
    11:45 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Bet ya there a TON of black ppl up in there! lol jk

256. prickettsstash
    11:46 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

This dude sounds like a poorman’s Ron Burgandy with his weird ass churched up dialect – wtf

257. Uk cats
    11:46 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Behanan to Europe next year. He has to pay child support for his 2 babies. Wonder if both woman are going. Ul players are a bunch of baby makers. Peyton with a kid too. Guess pitino taught them the 15 second rule

258. BigRush
    11:46 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

The reason last nights game was called so tight was because Cal’s comments before the game. Did anyone else see Harrow push the ole miss PG in the first minute of the game? We need that intensity from here on out…

259. Middlesboro
    11:46 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

…we probably have a goat fashion show…

260. lexlady
    11:47 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Kool Aid was a huge part of my childhood. Also a huge part of black culture.

261. mateotemprano
    11:48 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

lipstick on a turd.

262. mateotemprano
    11:49 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

hey matt, any news on aaron gordon? just watched an interview with him and he is a pretty neat kid– super smart and a terror on the court.

263. Jack Nicklaus
    11:49 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Will the spring game this year have the highest attendance….ever?

264. Match Maker
    11:51 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Oscar Combs and Ashley Judd to be wed while doing the Y at a UK game!!!

265. big j dawg
    11:51 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

YES Man with Jim Carrey, he attends a Nebraska football game. To take a Nebraska recruit would be big time

266. G-Unit
    11:52 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Reminds me of Trent Richardson…

267. Turner the Burner
    11:53 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

It is Cardinal Mooney…. There is also a Cardinal Mooney in Florida

268. Travis
    11:54 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

Fred…we will walk in to Cardinal Mooney, we will steal their bourbon and hot girls. Yes-indeedie!!!

269. David
    11:54 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

KYLE WILTJER DUNK was AMAZING! Get it on the frontpage, please.

270. Available For Ashley
    11:55 am January 30, 2013 Permalink

I am available to hook up with Ashley.

Sincerely,
    Guy With The Long Beard From Oak Ridge Boys

271. danthecat
    12:19 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

#20…Cut Matt some slack…His conterparts here in town could learn a lot from him…At least he trys reaching across the aisle…They aren’t even allowed to mention his name of their shows per Hitler..