Let’s blame Lil Wayne for firing a Dukie up

I don’t know about you, but I always need someone to blame after a game. Sometimes it’s god. Sometimes it’s Billy Gillispie. Other times, it’s even my own mother because she didn’t wash my lucky denim jersey before the 1997 title game. I know, I know…what was she thinking?! Well I’ve found someone to blame for last night’s loss to Duke: Lil’ Wayne. Weezy, as the kids are calling him these days, was sideline in Atlanta and apparently gave sharp-shooting freshman Rasheed Sulaimon hell from the sideline. See below:

Well, there you have it. Despite his best intentions and much appreciated hate for Duke, Lil’ Wayne fired up the young freshman with cuss words and caused him to hit three big three pointers that helped swing the game during Duke’s big run.

Actually, don’t hate Weezy F. Baby for that — he may be a UK fan now, since it’s the cool thing for rappers to do these days. Instead, hate him for making absolutely horrid records recently and failing so hard at being a skater.

Article written by Chris Thomas

23 Comments for Let’s blame Lil Wayne for firing a Dukie up

1. Bob Day
    6:13 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

I can’t believe you just trashed out someone whom you have no real evidence was doing anything wrong at the game and was probably pulling for UK. At best that was a poor choice on your part executed in bad taste. What are you thinking? Trying to be clever? Trying to get attention? Sorry, but I can’t get on board with that.

2. Caleb
    6:21 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

I never listen to his music or rap in general but hey at least he is a Cats fan. I am glad to see he was giving Duke hell for the sake of wanting UK to win. Don’t blame him, Sulaimon did nothing in the 1st half, who would have figured he would hit those 3s in the second half. And don’t blame God, that is weird.

3. truBLU
    6:29 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

I’m not the usual grammar police or nerdy old man commenter, but how can you capitalize the b and g in our former coaches name but not the g in God? Seriously.

4. truBLU
    6:29 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

*coach’s name

5. ok-cats-computer
    6:40 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

Does Sulaimon know that the ref can’t save him from Lil Wayne in the real world?

6. JVice
    6:44 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

4 – Because he left out the word “a” before the word “god”?

7. truBLU
    6:48 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

#7 that would be fine but there is no a there.

8. RYNO
    6:52 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

4 – you do realize that not everyone believes in you “god”, right? Just because you have a narrow minded view of what people believe, doesn’t mean that you should push that on others. Your “god” teaches to not judge least ye be judged. But christians are the most closed-minded, judgemental group in America. In other words, shove it, loser.

9. Paper Tigers
    7:01 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

11 – I don’t believe in a god, but I’m completely happy with my life. I think you make your own life an happiness and don’t need some religion to believe in. You’re stereotyping. I know plenty of angry and miserable christians. Religion doesn’t guarantee being happy.

10. Religion fight?
    7:24 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

Seriously?

11. RYNO
    7:25 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

He started it

12. barn
    8:07 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

fight!fight!fight!

13. Blueswade
    8:11 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

Prayer sent up for you.

14. JUS SAYIN
    8:50 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

Every fan sitting courtside swears at opposing players. Plus he is UK fan #recruiting_win

15. #bbn
    9:02 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

#5…that’s funny!! I saw that on you tube, it brightened my day.

16. Me
    9:05 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

Weezy roots for us? Lose the battle, win the war.

17. Truth
    9:58 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

#8 and 9: there is truth in tour post, however, it is because you have been exposed to teachings that are not Truth. Unfortunately, most who call themselves Christians are the same type of people Jesus faught against in the Bible. No one can force what they believe on you, the fact is I wouldn’t want to, forcing something on you would do no good, but if you ever did want to talk to someone about Truth without trying to push something onto I would love to talk to you, not only that would love to hear gour thoughts. And you see “Christians” that are miserable because they are just “Christians” on the outside, I guarentee you won’t find a true follower of Jesus that is miserable.

18. Truth
    9:59 pm November 14, 2012 Permalink

Typos
    Tour and gour = your

19. Erik Daniels
    12:59 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

I’m all for celebrities supporting UK, but Lil Wayne is one that I DO NOT want representing our university.

20. Old School Loves Rap Music and God
    9:12 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

Fo Realz

21. Biglaw Dawgin'
    10:17 am November 15, 2012 Permalink

Trashing a celeb who’s on our side? Really? Not to mention one that pretty much every young aspiring hoop star loves. Even in jest, it’s still dumb. Especially that last sentence, that was just straight haterade.

22. Wayne's Neva gonna stop
    12:28 pm November 15, 2012 Permalink

Wayne is an intellect. Props to not caring what anyone else
    Thinks he clearly doesn’t. Refer to his interviews
    He’s a genius, supporting KY ? We should be
    Honored . He is a college participant himself
    A much much more prestige college than UK.

23. Jebus
    1:39 pm November 15, 2012 Permalink

This is funny. People talk about how perfect Jesus was but never mention what a bigot and self-centered ass he was (according to the gospels). People only acknowledge the good things he did. And also, why would anyone ever fear god. God is love. lol.