Let this guy get you pumped for basketball season

Looks like the Dancing Guy might have some competition…

36 Comments for Let this guy get you pumped for basketball season

1. traveling fan
    11:24 am September 29, 2011 Permalink

Awesome!!

2. GoCats2
    11:25 am September 29, 2011 Permalink

The fans cheering for this guy are probably the same ones that never stand up in RUPP. I’ll take the Anthony Davis dunk to get me pumped up instead. No Offense.

3. UK FAN
    11:28 am September 29, 2011 Permalink

So out of all the songs they could have used they went with the village people… GEEZ… Kinda sounds like the music they would play at football games

4. Sexington
    11:32 am September 29, 2011 Permalink

What is this alumni meeting and why is someone face painted for it?

5. Scott Hall
    11:34 am September 29, 2011 Permalink

Hey yo….I understand that song was published after the ‘Cats previous title but under no circumstance should that song ever be played again. Cmon, its bad enough that these people cheered for that dancing, but when you put it to a song thats a basic cover about some fruity dealings at a local youth club, its just asking to be made fun of.

6. blueblue
    11:38 am September 29, 2011 Permalink

The sign on the wall says “Greater Atlanta Club”. So this was in Georgia, right?

7. JEREMY
    11:40 am September 29, 2011 Permalink

Now thats what i want to hear at all the games…. You hearing me commonwealth sound person… That will get the recruits to come to UK…. hahahahaha Iam sure one of those knitting bedazzled sweater grandmas came up with that one! Hey at least that might get all those oldies up and moving during the basketball games…

8. Hoptown Cat
    11:41 am September 29, 2011 Permalink

SEC tournament pep rally

9. Ms. Tyler Thompson
    11:45 am September 29, 2011 Permalink

The song reminds me of the parody songs the Lexington radio stations used to make during basketball season in the 90’s. Super serious cheering guy at 2:05 is priceless.

10. Holden McGroin
    11:47 am September 29, 2011 Permalink

i’m just not feelin it.

11. blueblue
    11:48 am September 29, 2011 Permalink

?

12. travis
    11:55 am September 29, 2011 Permalink

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but at times I wanted to gouge my eyes out.

13. Big Blue Bear
    12:04 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

Geez, some of you all need to just lighten up a little bit. Its an enthusiastic older fan doing a corny dance to an outdated song, but you can tell he loves Kentucky and thats all that should matter. stop with all the hating, lifes a lot more enjoyable.

14. BlueInMI
    12:18 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

Nah. I’ll let what I see on the Rupp floor two weeks from this Friday get me pumped up. Hopefully that song isn’t played that night.

15. Buzzer Beater
    12:22 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

Was that Dave “Buzz” Baker dancing?

16. Holden McGroin
    12:24 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

poor guy, can’t afford medication.

17. MIDDAY
    12:24 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

Nothing like the ole California Raisin Arm Twirl to get my juices flo-rid’n. You know what I’m say’n?

18. Brant Baines
    12:35 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

That guys is a close personal friend of mine. He and my father were minority partners in the Atlanta Thrashers NHL team, but they both sold their shares and invested in some race horses. One of the horses is named Coil I believe. They are thinking about running him in the Breeders Cup

19. Brant Baines
    12:36 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

That guy is a close personal friend of mine. He and my father were minority partners in the Atlanta Thrashers NHL team, but they both sold their shares and invested in some race horses. One of the horses is named Coil. He won the Haskell Invitational and they are thinking about running him in the Breeders Cup

20. bigbluedude
    12:39 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

if that video dont make shabazz sign, nothing will….geesh

21. blueblue
    12:48 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

#8
    SEC tornament pep rally

The SEC tournament was in Nashville last season, not Atlanta.

22. Walsh is Gay
    12:50 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

It’s actually a really, really big and fun event – that was the last time we had it, and we had a number of basketball players mixed in with the crowd, including Kenny Walker signing autographs to raise money for the club.

We had several hundred(I want to say 800+) for the pep rally, the marching band came through, and as you can see unlike at the games themselves drinks were welcomed and plentiful.

Maybe it looks small-time rinky-dink to some of you, but hell it’s a lot of fun(and a lot of work!), raises a TON of money for the Alumni Association, and gets people in the right mood for the tournament.

23. pioneer
    1:03 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

21 actually the SEC tourney was in Catlanta last season, it was in Nashville the prior year…. if you remember John Wall and Boogie’s stick back against cry baby Stansberry!

24. Carl
    1:05 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

Man, I can never let my dad out in public. :\

25. HenryCoCat
    1:11 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

Fail

26. Dr J
    1:40 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

“This guy” was actually well-known Atlanta UK alum Bill Perdue, who always leads our club with the C-A-T-S cheer. He’s a lotta fun. He’s also on the UK Alumni Association Board of Directors (which I guess says something about the BoD).

This was a nice video, showing many of our club members. Myself, I’m the big blob in a blue shirt taking photos and being rapidly panned by (fortunately) at around the 0:41 mark.

And you’re wrong, blueblue, the SEC Tournament last March was in Atlanta. I was there, as were about 25,000 fans, you must have missed it. The 2010 Tournament was in Nashville, and it’ll be there again in 2013.

27. fat jesus
    1:55 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

i’m gettin a boner

28. nofaninky
    2:43 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

God, most of you guys just reminded me of why I’m not a die-hard UK fan. If all you can do is criticize a long-time supporter, you need to get a life. I happen to know “this guy”, and he bleeds blue. You should be supporting, not ridiculing him. What have you done for UK recently??

29. guymorrissfanclub
    3:04 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

Well, atleast he wasn’t in Lexington at the King Alumni House doing this for a party! Stan and his posse would have gotten upset that the UK Alum dancing would mark up and ruin the wood floor at the alumni house!

30. true blue through and through
    3:57 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

U know other schools are gonna eat this up, right?

31. SAUL SHMITT
    4:58 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

#13. DEAD ON! TO EACH HIS OWN. GO CATS!

32. Gary
    4:59 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

about 30 seconds was all I could handle

33. Derek
    5:06 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

I can’t beleive people criticize this. Its a true catfan having fun. Many of you are the reason I have a hard time defending UK fans when I travel. Nobody really even asked your opinion but rather just posted this and said look at these folks having fun. This guy could most likely buy and sell most of you keyboard druelers anyway.
    I think many of you think there is one song or one even that EVERYONE will like. Why do you have to be so negative? Why can’t you just view and and shut up!

GO CATS!

34. kymover
    7:11 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

Walsh is gay.#22 where did you get that name. I take exception. Please explain?

35. Georgia Peach
    7:33 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

I was there and the entire pep rally was well-organized and a LOT of fun. Mr. Perdue and his YMCA dance got more applause than the band/cheerleaders. CATlanta is an awesome town! WE OWN THIS PLACE!

36. Sarah White
    7:22 am September 30, 2011 Permalink

All of you making fun of our “older generation” please remember: we can still read (and really don’t enjoy your nasty comments), love our CATS as much as you do (and have done it for a much longer time), now can enjoy traveling and going to all the games (for some of you this will happen sooner than you know), and are proud we are still alive and enjoy having fun (something some of you feel only is achieved by someone under 20). I would like to think you would mature enough to know that any UK fan is a welcome fan regardless of race or age. Speaking for myself, I can tell you we love to see you “youngsters” having a good time. Quit always being so negative about others and just worry about yourself. Go Big Blue!!!