Let Emmanuel Mudiay soothe your PG woes

It’s no secret that one of the weaknesses of this Kentucky team is guard play. The rest of this season aside, we won’t have to worry about that much longer. Next season brings the Harrison Twins and the season after, hopefully Tyus Jones or Emmanuel Mudiay. How good is Mudiay? Watch him shoot, dunk, and assist on some fools above.

Think Cal and Coach O were impressed?

20 Comments for Let Emmanuel Mudiay soothe your PG woes

1. mike
    7:36 pm February 19, 2013 Permalink

saw him and tyus jones play this past year. this guy has much more of a dominating presence on the basketball court. would much rather UK get he instead of Tyus, or both

2. Spenser
    7:36 pm February 19, 2013 Permalink

I am very impressed with Mudiay’s talent, and I would love to have him as our PG. BUT, Jones and Okafor are a package deal…not sure which I would rather have.

3. RealTalk
    7:41 pm February 19, 2013 Permalink

His screaming during team introductions is more fire than I have seen from our PGs this season. I like it.

4. BigBlueDiehard
    7:46 pm February 19, 2013 Permalink

Tyus Jones looks like a nice player, but this kid looks special. The prototypical big, strong, athletic Cal PG.

5. jaaayyyyy
    7:49 pm February 19, 2013 Permalink

3, exactly. Even Ryan Harrow’s highlight tapes look amazing, but I like the fire and confidence this kid has. If he’s a good character kid that can sacrifice to the team, then I hope we can get him.

6. bigabes4uk
    8:00 pm February 19, 2013 Permalink

Wow- that’s really impressive! Nice mix tape. Kid is making NBA level passes and has sensational athleticism and body control and would look really good in KY blue 😉

7. 14th region
    8:03 pm February 19, 2013 Permalink

Look like its a push between Jones and Mudiay from all the experts I’ve heard. As far as Okafor and Jones being a package, I think Cal has made Alexander his top priority,so as crazy as it sounds the #1 player in the class isn’t that much of a priority 2 years in a row! Towns, Alexander and either 1 of the PG will be the makings of anther super class!

8. ushouldno
    8:04 pm February 19, 2013 Permalink

Cal should consider adding E.J. Floreal as a walk on. Great athlete, great kid.

9. Kiddekat
    8:06 pm February 19, 2013 Permalink

Could it happen?
    We got Wall and Bledsoe in the same class. Could we possibly get both Mudiay and Jones? What a class that would be! With Okafor – wow! And since I’m dreaming, why not have the 2-year rule adopted and have them come back with Townes the following year. Go Cats!

10. Tj
    8:11 pm February 19, 2013 Permalink

Skills…

11. chipanzy
    8:12 pm February 19, 2013 Permalink

Reminds me somewhat of Archie Goodwin, except he can shoot and will pass.

12. Jordan
    8:13 pm February 19, 2013 Permalink

He’s a freshman in some of this and a sophmore in more. Love his game. Jones and Okafor are Duckies. Bring on Alexander!

13. Julia
    8:21 pm February 19, 2013 Permalink

7. Especially since we will have so much talent next year they can’t all stand out enough to scouts to get drafted at a level they all want. We will hopefully have a bit of holdover from our championship squad.

14. 14th region
    8:32 pm February 19, 2013 Permalink

#9 I might be wrong but I think Mudiay, Alexander, Jones, and Townes are in the same class!
    As far as Okifor and Jones being a package deal I think we’ve seen firsthand the last couple years very few who say they are a package actually are! The only time in resent memory that a package deal materialized was the twins! When it’s all said and done Okifor and Jones will do what’s best for themselves.

15. seriously
    9:08 pm February 19, 2013 Permalink

definitely would rather have Mudiay than Tyus Jones. That 6’5 frame is invaluable in college

16. mark
    11:25 pm February 19, 2013 Permalink

We already have Townes commited, Trey Lyle is a lock, and probably Wiltjer as a senior, along with Sophs Lee and/ or Johnson. We wont need Okafor, watch the Whitney Young vs. Simeon game on espn u and neither Okafor or Jabari Parker looked special, much rather have Mudiay than Jones.

17. Gary
    7:08 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Impressed me….the guy never missed a shot.

18. JK
    9:23 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

This kid has the athleticism of Goodwin, the fire and ability to get to the basket of MKG and the PG presence and strength of Teague. I’m impressed.

19. Jaybird
    7:32 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

9) I like the way you think! Heck yeah!
    11) Has body control as well. Other than all that, yeah he’s exactly like Archie. Lol
    17)You have an eye for talent. You should be a scout! Haha

Never before during February have I been more into recruits and the future(both basketball and football) as I am this year. Other than Nerlens, Mays, JP, & on occassion WCS & Wiltjer this team has turned me off completely. I really only said those guys because I like em as young men. Nerlens is the only one that’s been fun to watch consistently tho. I know it’s beating a dead horse and piling on, I just can’t help feeling this way. Prob shoulda just kept my mouth shut on that part. Sorry to my fellow BBN.

20. Jaybird
    7:34 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

I would like to add that I have not, nor will I ever stop backing Big Blue in my lifetime. They just aren’t very fun most of the time. Dang, there I go again. I’m out, peace!