Lee Corso and Coach Stoops at the Governor’s Cup Luncheon

Mark Stoops and Charlie Strong are sharing the stage at the Governor’s Cup luncheon in Louisville today, and Coach Stoops ran into a familiar face at the event. Lee Corso, former UofL head coach and College Gameday personality, crashed the party to tell reporters he expects Louisville to go undefeated this season.

Meanwhile, Mark Stoops tells Charlie Strong today’s lunch, though delicious-looking, violates Eric Korem’s meal plan for Kentucky football.

stoops-strong
Jody Demling phone photography

Article written by Drew Franklin

38 Comments for Lee Corso and Coach Stoops at the Governor’s Cup Luncheon

1. Linda Taylor
    12:25 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

The big question is could Stoops understand a single word Chawley said to him or did he just pretend to and then ask someone to translate it into English.

2. jalo
    12:30 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

When Coach Strong talk about a winning program , I am sure it is hard for stoops to understand. Look where stoops is at.

3. Big Mike in The Wood
    12:38 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

Charlie eating for two! Double plate special.

4. Linda Taylor
    12:41 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

2 – And where is your 2014 recruiting class ranked in relation to UK’s? Stoops is already outperforming Chawley in recruiting and it’s just a matter of time before he’ll be outperforming him on the field. Once he gets enough quality players in the program UL will be crying their eyes out after every Governor’s Cup. What are you going to do now that you don’t have your cheating Miami coach bringing in those players he got Miami in trouble with?

5. gobgblu37
    12:43 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

Coach Stoops hasn’t coached one game but I wouldn’t trade him for Chowley and that’s a fact. GBB!!!

6. gobgblu37
    12:46 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

Corso is really going out on a limb with that prediction. If the dirty birds get beat this year some heads should roll! GBB!!!

7. Takethoseonionsoffmysliders
    12:51 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

Charlie: “you have already taken all of the recruits I wanted, now you want my lunch too?”

8. Bald Guy
    1:05 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

Caption: Charlie Strong, “Yeah man, I shoulda gone to Knoxville.”

9. Hal
    1:10 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

1-thats a d****ebag way to rip on ppl you dont know. its horses*** when uofl fans say same bout bledsoe & its still horses*** when you say it bout strong

10. Linda Taylor
    1:13 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

9 – Personally I think Teddy will be lucky to make it to the 2nd quarter. He’s going to get Za’dariused and UL will be lucky to have their star QB the rest of the season.

11. Kristen Geil's Abs
    1:17 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

Matt Jones does well with all the UK fans coming to this site, but he is raking in the money with all the Card fans coming here.

12. Rockfield, KY
    1:19 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

2. I found at least three grammatical errors in that comment.

13. Rockfield, KY
    1:19 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

11. Nailed it

14. Linda Taylor
    1:20 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

10 – It was a joke and personally I took affront to him saying they would “never lose to UK again” so I’ll say whatever I jolly well please. He said a pretty arrogant horses*** thing about our team. He is overdue for a comeuppance and I can’t wait until Stoops delivers it, probably not this year but it’s coming.

15. Linda Taylor
    1:23 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

It looks like a comment got deleted so make comment 14 be addressed to 9 now. I am not in the habit of talking to myself.

16. Linda Taylor
    1:26 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

And comment 10 was addressed to the deleted comment.

17. YSR2KSR
    1:29 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

very happy uk’s coach isnt the one with the top button buttoned.

18. UKBlue
    1:43 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

UL should go undefeated, they don’t play anyone – their schedule is a complete joke. Can’t wait for UL to join the ACC & see reality hit them in the face & those idiots now on the hook for a lot of money to Charlie.

11. That is because UL fans are stupid – they don’t realize, they are making Matt straight cash.

19. Do whut?
    1:43 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

It would be bolder to predict a Louisville loss during the regular season. The good news is with that rice paper schedule even if Teddy B. rolls through the murderer’s row of opponents the Cards won’t even sniff the championship game. The better news is Teddy B. should be gone after this season and being that he is a special talent at which point the Cards should crash down to earth rather dramatically.

20. Bald Guy
    1:50 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

Once UofL has an ACC schedule the BCS bowl will be a charity event of the past and we will here about how great beating Wake Forest and Florida was… Muschamp will be at FL for maybe half a season.

21. Fuzzy Zoeller
    2:24 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

I thought the menu should have been….awww nevermind.

22. lexslamman
    3:03 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

Lee Corso looks a little more like Mel Brooks every day.

23. thats budda
    3:27 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

What choo mean I can’t have a bite of dat sammich

24. BlueFins
    3:29 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

#18 Remember the ACC is a basketball conference, won’t be to hard to rack up wins in football.

25. RandyB
    3:38 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

Are Strong and Stoops equally short? Or is Stoops slightly taller
    as the photo suggests?

26. Linda Taylor's Brain
    4:08 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

Strong is about to clang those plates on each side of Stupes’ head. Can’t tell if Corso looks more like Mel Brooks or Stupes looks more like Ned Beatty. Enjoy your continuing years of futility, you filthy hillbillies, as UofL is about to take over the ACC…

27. Hunting for a Bird
    4:20 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

Like going to ACC is any better than they are in right now. Clemson and FL St are the only thing worth a damn in that conference in football anymore. ACC is the 5th best football conference. Just ahead of the Big East. Louisville will never ever play a brutal schedule in football; ever. So I see why Lee Corso would say something like that. When we are their hardest game I would expect that dirty bird program to go undefeated too. Of course their fans will be ignorant the whole season so that will get annoying real fast.

28. Linda Taylor
    4:28 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

Haha I guess I made wittle dirty birdie fan mad. Haha. You guys are so easy.

29. VinnyCent
    4:40 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

Stoops to Strong- You just got served.

30. Blueswade
    5:57 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

YooHooooo….
    Lee….wake up….. camera is over here buddy.

31. Cantbelieveit
    6:06 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

22) HaHa you are right on. I have always thought that.

32. tobad
    6:16 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

To some of these comments about Charlie and the way he talks. As UK fan I am disgusted. We have trying times in our society with some of the things that have happened of late. Racial slurs is the best that the fans on here can come up with. No wonder we are considered racist University. Do you talk about our players that may have a southern black accent. Charlie is easier to understand than half the callers on this show (Hill jacks). KSR will delete anything that may be negative about Cal but let this crap stay up. Says alot about KSR ant the management team

33. the truth
    6:53 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

Lee Corso is as stupid on gameday as he was as a coach. 90% of ESPN’s announcers & commentators are morons. I won’t watch gameday just because of how stupid Corso is.

34. theSkinny81
    7:03 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

32 – Hahahahaaa… another contradictory post from a Loserville fan.

“Racial slurs is the best that the fans on here can come up with. No wonder we are considered racist University.”

~ followed immediately by… ~

“Charlie is easier to understand than half the callers on this show (Hill jacks).”

35. Linda Taylor's Brain
    12:20 am July 25, 2013 Permalink

No one’s as easy as you are Linda. At least that’s what I read while taking a dump at Rupp…

36. Linda Taylor
    11:45 pm July 25, 2013 Permalink

32 – I don’t believe Strong’s speech impediment has anything to do with his race and therefore find your comment without basis. I know my comment (1) was not in the least based on race. I don’t know what his speech problems are exactly but I am sure a speech therapist would be able to help him with them. He has had more than enough money for a long time to tackle the problem and make improvements with hard word. Normally I wouldn’t make a joke at the expense of someone with a speech impediment but after he made the “never lose to UK again” statement I felt he had been so arrogant in his attitude and manner towards UK that he became “fair game” in my book for any manner of joke at his expense. Once again there were no racial tones in anything I wrote. You brought the racial aspect into something that was not racial.

37. Linda Taylor
    11:48 pm July 25, 2013 Permalink

36 – hard work not hard word

38. Linda Taylor
    11:59 pm July 25, 2013 Permalink

35 – You are trying to be so cute, just exactly how do brains take a dump in Rupp? How do they accomplish movement across the floor to get to the bathroom, then how do they lift themselves up to the toilet seat to take a dump of WHAT? How do brains read what is on the bathroom stall without eyes? This is all quite a conundrum. It’s sad that your brain fails you so thoroughly when you try to post to a rival’s site.