Learn a little more about Neal Brown’s offense

At some point today, Neal Brown will officially be named Kentucky’s new offensive coordinator. Get to know a little bit more about his offense, a variant of the Air Raid that relies heavily on the pistol formation.

Replace “Touchdown Red Raiders” with Tom Leach’s “Touchdown Kentucky” and you’ll get chills.

17 Comments for Learn a little more about Neal Brown’s offense

1. Wow!
    9:42 am December 10, 2012 Permalink

Thanks KSR for giving our plays away for all opponents to see!

2. j a brooks
    9:48 am December 10, 2012 Permalink

With one or two more pieces I think this offense could work well with what we already have. Hopefully Clemons comes back stronger than ever and with George and sanders we should have a solid stable of backs. Add timmons and k. Thomas and you’ve got a couple of Percy harvin like hybrid players that can be used a hundred different ways along with Sweat Robinson Yancey and Collins.

All depends on whether its Max Or Patrick chucking them the pigskin

3. Bluez
    9:49 am December 10, 2012 Permalink

ttech = guns up

wildcats = claws out

4. N Brown
    9:52 am December 10, 2012 Permalink

The Pistol is NOT in my playbook. Where did you get that from?

5. “Play hard! Play fast! Play physical!”
    “Touchdown Kentucky!”

I love it!!!

6. blueblue
    9:59 am December 10, 2012 Permalink

#1 You sound like Joker and Randy Sanders. I know it’s supposed to be a surprise what we run, but anybody with a football mind can make some pretty good guesses based on scouting reports and knowing the coaching staffs and team player personell.

7. Bradley
    10:05 am December 10, 2012 Permalink

6. You sound like you’re excellent at picking up sarcasm.

8. Yesterdats
    10:07 am December 10, 2012 Permalink

Attack, Play fast, bring the fight to them- This is everything that Joker, Sanders and Minter were not. they preached,

“Don’t mess up before the other team.”

“We will hope and pray the other team makes a mistake.”

I already love this coaching staff just based on their attitude. Could care less how many games they win first year if they can just instill a positive attitude. Year 2 and beyond will then take care of themselves.

9. Jerry C
    10:10 am December 10, 2012 Permalink

1) There’s not game film on that clip

10. Sarcastic Tone
    10:19 am December 10, 2012 Permalink

Some of you people need to look the definition of sarcasm up in the dictionary. Poster 1 was obviously not being serious.

11. SuperTroy
    10:20 am December 10, 2012 Permalink

I…ABSOLUTELY cannot wait for football season!! We’re finally going to be good again!! I don’t know how year one will play out, but I expect such big things out of this football team now. Love the hires Mitch and Coach Stoops! Thank you already for bringing the excitement for football back to Lexington, and of course, welcome home Coach Brown!! Can’t wait to see what our offense can do now! Max and Patrick better get their arms loosened up already. (I imagine Jalen will be more of a slot receiver now with his athleticism.)

12. Musehobo
    10:29 am December 10, 2012 Permalink

I feel like the Stoops hire only works if we get an explosive OC. This completes the puzzle. Nice job.

13. John Anthony
    10:31 am December 10, 2012 Permalink

Blue – White Game should be great – Brown VS Stoops – UK will probably sell tickets to game now.

14. ribin
    10:36 am December 10, 2012 Permalink

Better get a grip — gonna be a heck of a ride!! Can’t wait for season —

15. MemphisCat
    10:42 am December 10, 2012 Permalink

Touchdown Wildcats, Touchdown Wildcats!!! In 4 games UK has surpassed last years TD total, is what the paper will read… I’m excited for the football program.

16. Ryan D
    11:18 am December 10, 2012 Permalink

I have never been this excited about UK football, and its basketball season. WHATS GOING ON??????

17. I Love THIS
    12:14 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Is it fall yet?

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CATS!