Latest Draft Express mock draft puts four Cats in the first round

It’s been a few hours since you’ve seen some draft projections, so here are some more. Draft Express’ latest mock draft puts four Cats in the first round, and two in the second:

1) Anthony Davis — Charlotte Bobcats
3) Michael Kidd-Gilchrist — Cleveland Cavaliers
9) Terrence Jones — Detroit Pistons
18) Marquis Teague — Minnesota Timberwolves
Round Two, #3) Doron Lamb — Cleveland Cavaliers
Round Two, #4) Darius Miller — Cleveland Cavaliers

Two things: I’m impressed with Teague’s jump in the latest projections, which may have more to do with a weak point guard class than anything, but most critics seem to think Teague is a “safe bet” to go in the late first round. Secondly, if the projections above hold out (they probably won’t, but this is fun, remember?), can we just adopt the Cleveland Cavaliers? I have always enjoyed Drew Carey…

31 Comments for Latest Draft Express mock draft puts four Cats in the first round

1. rjr
    10:34 am May 22, 2012 Permalink

And on ESPN3…

2. rjr
    10:35 am May 22, 2012 Permalink

Well, on ESPN3 if you live outside of the blackout.

3. buzzard
    10:49 am May 22, 2012 Permalink

who’s #2 in the draft?

4. ltylerj
    10:53 am May 22, 2012 Permalink

3: Lol, click the link? Andre Drummond to the Wizards.

Cleveland with 3 Cats and probably my favorite Dukie in Irving? I’ll take it.

5. ukwildcat_fanatic
    10:54 am May 22, 2012 Permalink

Looks like the Cavaliers have an agenda. Load the team up with former Wildcats and go after Calipari as the coach in a year or two. Calipari loves coaching MKG! Just a thought….

6. Biggass Hungguy
    10:56 am May 22, 2012 Permalink

Someone posted this info yesterday Rashawn err…. Tyler.

• Ms. Tyler Thompson
      11:06 am May 22, 2012 Permalink

Actually, this is a different set of projections, but thanks for being a diligent reader.

7. barn
    11:04 am May 22, 2012 Permalink

5–quit thinking

8. bluesince66
    11:08 am May 22, 2012 Permalink

I predict that Darius Miller will be a better pro than Jared Sullinger. About the same size and Miller has a much more diverse game.

9. bmt22033
    11:14 am May 22, 2012 Permalink

One thing a lot of people fail to remember (or at least point out) about the current mock drafts is that they don’t take into account the actual *needs* of any particular team.

10. GoBigBlue
    11:15 am May 22, 2012 Permalink

Cleveland is a place where careers die. They could not even keep their own hero in the city. We do not want any ex-Cats going there for the benefit of their career. I live in Cincinnati and our franchises are terrible, but we can always rely on Cleveland being worse.

11. snoopaloop
    11:21 am May 22, 2012 Permalink

Is there really a purpose to doing draft projections when the lottery hasn’t even been selected? Also, I don’t know the the bigger bust will be: Andre Drummond or Harrison Barnes.

12. gameday
    11:28 am May 22, 2012 Permalink

@10 I can see that. I mean I’m no GM and I don’t doubt Teague will go that high, but I can’t see the Timberwolves picking him up especially with a Rubio playing so great before he got hurt. I guess they could always use a backup though.

13. Al B. Frank
    11:32 am May 22, 2012 Permalink

If these draft picks come true, we will have three Cats on the Cavs AND on the Pistons… we currently have Tayshaun and BK… so add Jones to that.

14. Dan
    11:38 am May 22, 2012 Permalink

11) You’re a fool. No one in Cincy can criticize Cleveland… about anything.

15. 6 in the 1st Round
    11:39 am May 22, 2012 Permalink

GMs of playoff teams love Lamb and Darius. They in the 1st Round.

16. D
    11:42 am May 22, 2012 Permalink

Load up the Cavs with Cats, we in NKY get 20-30 games a year on FoxSports Ohio, Nice!

What date are they doing the ping pong balls for draft order?

17. 6 in the 1st Round
    11:49 am May 22, 2012 Permalink

15 – because there’s nothing in Cleveland besides horrible sports franchises. Cincy is at least proud to be themselves.

18. Sypher's décolletage
    12:02 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Mock drafts mean nothing until the order is set by the draft lottery. This is just an ordered list of prospects matched up with the NBA standings for this year. No team need is taken into account, so the 4 UK players going to Cleveland isn’t likely to happen.

19. Diligent reader
    12:03 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

18) cincy is a craphole. I want to vomit every time I drive through. Cleveland rocks.

20. Dan
    12:15 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

18) Cincy has lots of cool stuff.. lots of shootings and thefts. I love it there.

21. Tyler's Wedding Singer
    12:33 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

22. huh?
    1:36 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

9. Have you ever seen Sullinger? Him and Miller are now where close to the same size.

23. 23 - that's what she said
    1:45 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Sorry, had to get the immaturity out

24. Coal keeps your lights on
    2:27 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Any team that passes on Lamb late in first round will regret it. Lambs game is whole lot like Rip Hamilton he can score the ball.

25. Coal keeps your lights on
    2:30 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Sullinger and Miller are nothing alike.Sullinger is the poster boy for not going pro when your stock is high. Him and Glenn Davis hurt their selves worse than anyone coming back to school.

26. BobTinKY
    3:31 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

I think Lamb will be a steal. Can shoot the lights out, has length, can handle the ball, and became a more than decent defender. A STEAL!!!!

27. Han
    4:18 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

There’s no way those projections hold true. There’re always a bunch of foreign players taken too high that aren’t mentioned, then half of them stay overseas.

But it’d be cool to see Jones and Knight reunited, too.

27) Yup, and if he has the work ethic, he could have a career like Ray Allen.

28. Jorts' Tightie Whities
    5:29 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Givony (The DX guy) seems to always have the mock draft that scores the highest in terms of accuracy, so I tend to take his mocks more seriously than anybody else. That said, three cats together would be awesome.

29. Ethan James McCollum
    7:34 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Of course, this is just a set of predictions, but if they all happened to come true, yes, we could adopt the Cavaliers. Regarding Jones possibly going to Pistons, I guess we could also adopt the Pistons, since they would have 3 Cats too, haha. I just hope they all pan out well in the NBA, regardless of which team they go to!

30. GO Cavs!!
    9:19 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Im not just saying this because of UK guys but if this happens the Caveliers would be legit. They would have chemistry right off the bat with all the UK guys two studs in Irving and Gichrist a shooter in Lamb and a utility player in Miller plus they have Tristan Thompson which is #4 pick last year.