Latest Bracketology has the Cats as the first team out

According to Joe Lunardi, the jury’s still out on Kentucky’s tournament chances. In his latest Bracketology, Lunardi lists the Cats as the first team out. His number one seeds? Indiana, Miami, Gonzaga and Duke.

#BeatMizzou

19 Comments for Latest Bracketology has the Cats as the first team out

1. Logic
    1:36 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

If Baylor has the trump card on us, why don’t we have the trump card on ole miss?

2. Ndo10
    1:39 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

Totally unrelated question…but while watching the chicago bulls game last night and seeing Teague drive the ball all over the floor and play with such physicallity got me wondering. How in the world did Harrow practice an entire year against 6 NBA players such as Marquis Teague, Lamb, ect. and not learn how to play with any thoughness or grit. If you go up against guys like that in practice for a year how are you not ready to go the next year? Did he learn nothing? He has been dominated by almost everyone we’ve played this year.

3. Teo's Girlfriend
    1:39 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

I have a better shot at being a 1 seed than Gonzaga; unless i die before the brackets are announce :/

4. Teo's Girlfriend
    1:40 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

‘announced’

5. Chris
    1:40 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

I agree. Our resume has too look better than Ole Miss’, especially after we beat them at their place. I guess the loss of Noel basically resets our season from that moment…

6. Bob Knight
    1:41 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

Please have a Fathead of me tomorrow 🙂

7. Mike
    1:41 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

Gonzaga currently #1 seed…unbelievable that the mighty Big Blue have fallen that far this year. How many losses has Poythress accounted for this year?….still uncomprehensible that after his 3 20 pt. games against the cupcakes that he has totally gone in the tank.

8. unfortunately
    1:41 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

#5 i agree….we got our ‘win’; now we have to do it again w/o Nerlens

9. John Ellis
    1:46 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

Well, UK has beaten Ole Miss and is ahead of them in the standings. Same record against tougher teams. I’ve heard that ‘that win doesn’t count’ because Noel had 12 blocks, well, UK won by a lot – there. And as seen against Vandy, Willie is filling that spot very nicely. I wouldn’t take any Bracketology too seriously for another week.

I might add that UK may lose to Mizz. – but given Cal has lost ONE SEC home game, the odds are good they won’t.

10. IF
    1:47 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

Duke and Miami make the ACC championship game they both are 1’s
    Indiana’s a 1
    Florida wins out and they get the 4th; they don’t and Kansas does they get it; neither does and Louisville wins out they get it; none of the three do and Michigan wins out they get it. IF none of those 4 win out, the Zags get into the picture…but still probably don’t get it.

11. asdf
    1:49 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

1, the difference is Nerlens. They also will factor in the injury, like it or not.

12. MemphisCat
    1:55 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

The NCAA “needs” the Cats in the tourney for the $$$ and the drama/stories.

13. Alan Cutler
    2:00 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

Am I going to have a fathead?

14. Cinderella
    2:04 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

If gonzaga is a 1 and St. Louis is there second round game, watch for a BIG upset. St.Louis is my dark horse for the final four

15. jumpman78
    2:10 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

7. Hey troll, Poythress had 5 twenty point games in a row and that included Duke. Nice try, though.

16. NashBlue
    3:48 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

How is Ole Miss still in ahead of us?

17. Why??
    3:50 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

These projections mean nothing right now. I’ll worry about this stuff after the regular season has been played.

18. Musehobo
    4:12 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

I’ve always hated how they word this. Why are there no teams on the “last four in” and the “next four out” lists? Are you telling me that the last 4 teams that have squeaked in the tourney are not the same teams that will fall out if someone jumps them/they lose more games?

19. Babs Tisthospital
    10:51 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

Recall, as a youth, when you went to the big dance – but you couldn’t do squat on the floor?

You spent months preparing, anticipating, and finally got invited… only to realize – you really should’ve stayed at home.

And, then, ‘needy one’ requested your presence at the Red Cross Square Dance, but you thought you were a Break Dancer – and went anyway?

Fun, fun, fun til CAL-daddy takes it away.