I love this picture, but I’m scared to know where his hand is to make Steve Zahn react like that. A few late notes…
– Hey, did you guys hear the big news? DeAndre Liggins is on Twitter! Seriously, that’s the big news of the day. The half man/half mindfreak has some information on his account about his upcoming appearances across the state, including one today at Fayette Mall. Some people are very excited. Some people are douches. DeAndre will take his new social media tool to Charlotte today for a workout with the Bobcats and then Indiana on Monday and New Jersey on Tuesday.
– With really nothing else worthy of mention taking place Saturday, I found myself with a new fascination: Dwight Anderson. I’m not sure if this makes me an awful fan, but I honestly don’t think I’ve ever heard his name and with the trailer for his documentary came a new interest. My curiosity is not necessarily from his film or his fall from grace, but more so from hearing the stories people told in the comments section about what a phenomenal athlete he was. Anyone can look good on a highlight film, but the way people talked about him in the thread made him sound like he was set to be a legend. Tell me more. I must know more.
– I really hate to admit this, but I’ve spent a small amount of time over the past few weeks watching “Swamp Studs”, which is a series of videos on Urban Meyer – I mean Will Muschamp’s – official page. It’s essentially a Jay Leno bit pulled off by Riley Cooper and Steven Wilks on the University of Florida campus. I originally hoped that I’d be able to pull something awful off of it and we could all laugh, but I’m sad to say that episode 4 was pretty funny. You can watch it here. And then we’ll never talk about it again and we’ll keep it as our little secret. Deal? Good. Thanks.
– I know it’s late and you’re online. For some, that means there’s a temptation to visit websites that may or may not be family appropriate. Luckily for you, you can fight that urge off by visiting non-threatening and morally acceptable sites like the Courier-Journal. Nothing titillating or improper over there.
– Finally, congratulations to our good friends at the University of Louisville for stepping into the 20th century and launching the official WordPress blog of Louisville football. Sources close to KSR have confirmed that the first announcement will be that Louisville has agreed to wear Reebok Pumps for the upcoming season followed by releases stating Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium will serve Pepsi Clear and will send score updates directly to your pager. Cutting edge stuff over there for the Cards. And don’t forget to send them your news tidbits.
That’s it for now. We’ll end this with a short announcement of small-to-medium sized good news for all of you. As of you reading this, I’ve officially ended my tenure as KSR blog overlord and will no longer be writing on the site. It’s been a fun ride and I’m thankful for Matt for letting me share in the fun over the past three and a half years. I’ll miss you all.
Actually, I’m just going to be gone for a week. And I really won’t miss you all that much. But you’re free to pretend that I’m never returning if you like. The first step in making something become a reality is believing in your heart and mind that it’s true. See you next Monday. And happy birthday to my sister. I’d tell you that I’d be nothing without you, but that would be a lie.